Tales Under The Ochre Banner-The Sage Adventures

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Tales Under The Ochre Banner-The Sage Adventures

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:00 am

So, we've successfully run one adventure using the TUOB setting, and it was amusing.

This time, I'll do a proper run of things. However, I'll also give people a choice of campaigns-I'll give no more information than the name I give them, and a little tagline, and I'm honestly looking for no more than 4-6 people on each. More just gets...frustrating. The exception would be the first one, where I believe I'll just get reduced to giggle-fits, and will take as many characters as want in.

Head of Vecna (No, not that one. This is a different one.)
Road to Oblivion (A -town- named Oblivion.)
To Quell The Rising Storm (This one involves Gnolls. Not of the grassy variety.)

So, there you have it. Three choices. I'll choose whomever pleases me, and the amount of votes between them will choose the adventure. In the event of a tie, I'll break it. Times will be decided after votes are cast.

And yes, I -am- getting these off the Wizards archives. However, I'm adding a twist here and there to it. So...yeah.

EDIT:Oh, right. If at all possible, can you folks put your characters into the oh-so-convenient sheets located at http://www.thetangledweb.net ? Seriously. If it's got the SRD, it links right to it, it auto-calculates AC for touch and flat-footed, auto-adds armor check penalties...it's simply convienient, and means I don't have to have 6 windows of .txt files open.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:15 pm

Is what you're doing separate from the adventures of the Phoenix Talon Alliance themselves? To put it another way: Are these actually tales under the ochre banner? You have my permission to use the setting either way, and all the requisite NPCs, etc. relating to the PTA if you need them.

I may or may not be putting up a character for this; I do kind of want to start churning out standalone adventures for TUOB, but I'd also like to play some, too. If it's PTA, I'd be playing Larifien. Otherwise, I'd think of something else fun to play.

Also: I need to decide on a name for this setting so I can stop calling it the "TUOB/DWTC (Doing What They Can) world".
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:54 pm

If people wish to submit non-mercenary characters, it works just as well. But I have a feeling that anyone that comes into these RPs will have already worked hard on existing characters...

As for a name, I vote on 'Aegra.' Y'know, Gaera with the letters mixed around.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:32 pm

Or we could not do that, because this has nothing to do with Gaera.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:55 am

*hugs Spleen*

Also: "Horoyo"?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:45 am

EWWHE'STOUCHINGME EWWHE'STOUCHINGME EWWWWWWWWW!

*ahem* Anyway, I'd rather have a name with meaning rather than a string of syllables, in this case. I spend so much time stringing together syllables for names of countries, cities, landforms, deities, NPCs, etc. as it is.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:27 pm

Okay, well. Whenever we're done with TUOB turf wars, I'd be interested in playing with whomever is actually GMing. Sage, the thing was fun and I'm interested in more. You are rapidly convincing me that not all modules suck, and for that I am grateful.

I will look into the site with the sheets.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:55 pm

I propose it be called "[color][animal]". No, this isn't a thinly veiled jab at Greyhawk. Not at all. Ever.

Naah, no serous name ideas here.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:14 pm

We could also go with "[mythical creature][weapon]" or some name that expresses that the world was left behind by someone (even though there are plenty of gods left to interfere with the world). Or take part of a word like "deviate" and add "-on" to it, possibly changing the first letter of the word, too.

In all seriousness, I'm leaning toward something terribly cliche like "Far Dawn" and am hoping that someone else comes up with something better >_>

Anyway. Other people should not be afraid to run something either in the setting or in the campaign itself. It's for everyone, people! Not just me and Sage. I know there are other DMs out there.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:47 pm

Also, I vote for Head of Vecna on behalf of the necromancer contingent.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:58 pm

I vote on being surprised.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:25 am

Why not actually call the world Tuob? It's not as if any characters are going to know the title of the RP and make some kind of connection between its acronym and the name of their world.

Or we could do some scrambling of letters. Otubia has a nice ring to it.

Also, I vote for Road to Oblivion.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:12 am

Two votes for the Road, two votes for Head of Vecna-thus, I break with the Head!

Spleen, Kelne, Ashley, Shaun, Dan, and AM if he's interested, are the lucky few (Read:only ones that applied) chosen for this endeavor...I'd appreciate it if you linked or otherwise sent me some sheets. You folks may want a Rogue, as a warning.

I'm thinking of doing it Wednesday or Thursday night, as I'm unavailable this weekend.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:57 pm

What parts of a Rogue do we need? o.o Larifien's skills are very similar to those of a combat-oriented Rogue.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:29 pm

The entire 'Utility' part of the Rogue.

Because they're like Batman, but without the 'striking fear in villains' bit. They just need to learn how to bust through glass without taking harm, and they'd be perfect.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:59 pm

I mean...he's got Trapfinding, stealth skills, uncanny dodge, evasion, high Reflex saves, couple other things. More roguish than most of the Rogues I've built, really. All he's lacking is the special ability (would Defensive Roll really change anything in the adventure?) and some of the rogues' skills, especially interpersonal skills (like Diplomacy).

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:51 pm

...Yeah, that's almost exactly what I was looking for.

SO! Anyone up for RP starting Wednesday at 8:00 PM Eastern? I'm hoping it won't take two days, but if it does, I'd prefer they be in a row rather than a cliffhanger situation-and since I won't be around this weekend...

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Take two!

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:25 pm

Alrighty, since the last one was a botch, I spent more time working on this one-and I learned quite a bit last time, I did.

What's the story?
A fairly strong Cleric has gone missing on his way to support a neighboring town that's come down with a sickness-not a debilitating sickness, but more along the lines of 'Everyone has the flu.' They're more worried about the man than anything else, as healers have set up shop-so they're sending a notice to Zame Rostrian that they'd rather like him to be found.

How many Mercenaries?
I'd prefer 4 this time around. Makes things nice and neat. I might be willing to accept 5 at a stretch, though.

What's the pay?
6000 gold altogether, as well as anything they manage to find or rewards from the cleric himself.

What's the time?

I'm hoping for either Wednesday-that is, the 18th-or Thursday. I also won't be trying to get this all done in one night again, so that should help quite a bit. We'll discuss times in person.

So get ready...for the Journey to Oblivion.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:02 pm

Alright, let's try this again. THIS Tuesday and Wednesday, July 24th and 25th, or Friday and Saturday. Anyone care to try this time around?

EDIT:It said July. Always has, always will. Anything else is a lie.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:05 pm

I'll try, but that's not anything definite. Schedule is always changing here.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:11 pm

Sure, I can do Tuesday and Wednesday. Have to find out about Friday and Saturday, though.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:38 am

Tuesday and Wednesday work fine with me. Likely NOT any day later...

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:00 pm

These dates also are fine with me as well.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:13 pm

I work Sundays 2-8, and Monday through Thursday 3-9. Saturday is tabletop. So... my availability is somewhat limited at the moment.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:00 pm

Well, I'm available wednesday and thursday.

Return to OOC RP Discussion