Therney

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.

Should Therney be conquered by demons?

Go ahead.
54%
Don't do it.
8%
I don't care.
31%
This is Option 5. There is no Option 4.
8%

Total votes : 13

Seethe
In Despair

Therney

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:00 pm

I have been told that this nation has been sitting around not doing anything for a while. So, in the interest of getting some activity out of the place, I am proposing, at Dia's suggestion, that it should fall victim to conquest by the Kor Nong demon clan which I have been talking about so much lately.

I think Jak seems to be the current manager of Therney, so I'll need his approval on this before it can go forward. Also, I'm putting up a poll since I won't want to go through with this if more people are against it than for it. So, uh, yeah.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:14 pm

As far as I know, it works out all around, and has the added benefit of making Therney active again.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:57 pm

I am offering a conditional yes.

I'm totally excited about this place getting forked by demons.

But!

I am excited because I play a character with family there, and as a result will need to know what's going on whether I'm in the RP or not. As long as there's information in OOC about what's going on, I'm actually quite interested in seeing how this works out.

If it's not going to be possible for updated information to be available to the community, I'll be less excited. This happens from time to time, and makes us all very sad.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:11 pm

Our Kai brings up a good point.

I'd heard jack all about the Kor Nong up until now. If the stuff goes down Therney-wise, it'd be good that you at the least keep Therney's wikipage updated.

Wouldn't hurt to give the Kor Nong their own page and such relevants, as well.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:23 am

I haven't done anything with the place since it got passed to me. Feel free to have it overrun! :D

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:13 am

For the benefit of those who, like me, may be out of the loop and not sure what Seethe is talking about:

First mention of the Kor Nong in The Next Crisis, circa 2005

Intro post to Dark Star Prophecy, giving background on the race

Also: Yay for a search tool that actually finds things =O

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:46 pm

Kor Nong hadn't previously mattered to more than a few PCs, but this invasion is going to be pretty big news. So, it will be sure to get its own Wiki page at least.

Also, once stuff starts happening, I'll be sure to keep a journal of said stuff in some publicly viewable place that I'll announce.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:51 pm

Everything deserves its own wiki page. >:

I mean, have you seen some of the pages I've made? A lot of them aren't useful to anyone--but they will be. THEY WILL!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:55 pm

Also: Before Seethe does ANYTHING in Baron, if that what he's hinting at, I'd like him to talk to me. And if not, well, then to whoever owns other places you're thinking of.

Also: Adam and Myself if you have plans for the desert? Whee.
Edit: ... I totally meant for this to go into the Unostychia thread...

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:46 am

The place I was hinting at in that thread is actually a place I already control, or at least I would if it had made it onto the map before now. I'll still probably have a few things to discuss with Bes about it, though.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:11 pm

It looks like the voting is concluded. Time for phase 2: RP recruitment.

If it happens, it will definitely be done on the board, and I'm leaning heavily towards freestyle since I'm already doing one Philsys thing. So, anyone interested in getting a character involved, post it up.

I probably won't be starting until school-related stuff calms down. Also, if I can't get enough characters for an RP, I'll at least come up with a series of OOC updates, or possibly a fanfic.

Geesi
I fix problems.

Unread postby Geesi » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:03 pm

Have a character that would be inclined to get involved in all this, so I'm in.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:44 pm

Finals are coming up next week. If any more people are interested in signing up, now would be the time to say so.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:04 pm

Since there isn't any more interest, I'm going with the OOC method of doing this.

Also: Someone needs to get Jak to check his PM inbox.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:08 am

Snidely can make himself to check his own inbox (after he spotted that post). Reply sent.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:21 pm

Also, it is a good idea to have a recruitment thread in its own thread. People may be interested in actively interacting who do not particularly have an OOC stake in whether you decide to demonize the place or not.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:58 pm

I'll keep that in mind next time, though for now I would really rather get this part done fast anyway.

Also: By the power vested in me by Jak, I'll be fully taking over management of Therney presently.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:36 pm

On the off-chance that anybody actually still remembers this, I should make it known that connection issues have forced me to delay my work on this project indefinitely.

Return to OOC RP Discussion