Unostychia

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.

Should we retcon Unostychia?

don't care (version 1)
No votes
don't care (version 2)
18%
yes (sí)
55%
no (post why)
No votes
Unowhachia? (aka number five)
27%

Total votes : 11

pd Rydia

Unostychia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:26 pm

[url=http://mysidia.org/rpgww/Unostychia]Unostychia
http://mysidia.org/rpgww/Unostychia[/url]

Unostychia in its current state is the result of Blaze IMing me and asking if he could reserve some land on the (then-current) Igala. There was going to be more information, of course, but I'm not sure if there ever was any established in the community (it happens).

However, on the other hand, Gwa'aag has changed since then, specifically to be more developed and kind of larger than it is shown on the map. The land shown as Unostychia is probably Gwa'aag land, under its current description.

I'm thinking--there's nothing on Unostychia to even build off of but a name and location--so maybe we should just retcon it out of Gaera? So that's what this thread is about. To smoke out any information about the thing or objections to the proposed action.

If you think it should stay around, please post why, even if it's 'for the hell of it.'

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:37 pm

Might as well get rid of it. Since there's nothing but a name, it's not as if it serves much purpose. And besides, the orcs probably would've crushed such a near neighbour long ago.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:30 pm

Can that be how it exists? A forgotten land that the orcs crushed a while ago? That way, if someone wants to play with it in the future, they can...

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:21 pm

KingOfDoma wrote:Can that be how it exists? A forgotten land that the orcs crushed a while ago? That way, if someone wants to play with it in the future, they can...
You know, that occurred to me when I read Kelne's bit. Eat the country, put it in the background of Gwa'aag or its talk page for later plotterings.

(The thing with Unostychia is, when I read the name, I keep seeing Uno and Chia, and I think of the Uno games, Jak losing his voice from yelling, and Mr T chia pets. :0)

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:29 pm

Kelne wrote:And besides, the orcs probably would've crushed such a near neighbour long ago.

Beat me to it :[

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:53 pm

Can't see any reason to keep it. However, instead of orcs, I want the Kor Nong demons to conquer it. That way, I'll have something to write up for the Gaeran Gazette. Also, I did say in the War in Argovia thread that Kor Nong was going to grab some land in several places on the surface anyway.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:39 pm

Are you being serious or joking? It's not clear.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:45 pm

I'd say not, given the proximity to Avon. There's already one country that's been conquered by demons in the region, and that seems quite enough to me. Besides, the Kor Nong expansion seems to be a recent development, while the orcs would have conquered the place a long time ago.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:46 pm

10 votes, 5 in favor, 2 indifferent, 3 number fiiiive. I eat page now.

Not like it can't be reconstructed easily enough.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:48 pm

I was being serious. I was going to have them grab some territory in southern Igala anyway, and since this country's being retconned, it might as well go out with a bang. Furthermore it looks like a pretty good strategic location for Kor Nong's purposes, and if I had enough creative freedom there would be quite a few things I could do with it as well. I could even turn their proximity to the orcs into something useful.

However, If Kelne wants the territory, he can have it since he did call it first. Just means I'll have to have Kor Nong take over some boring unclaimed territory nearby instead.

I can't let Avon's presence figure into the calculations because the IC reasons for Kor Nong to want to establish a presence in the area outweigh the OOC reasons for them not to.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:57 pm

You know, there is Therney. It was Kotoki's country, but really hasn't been used at all since the war.

If you read up about it on the wiki, you'll notice that it's kinda prime for being taken over--its leaders keep killing each other off every half year or so.

Jak would know the most about the country, so you may wish to chat with him about it. But you'd have the benefit of being near several countries which are pretty active and near the Argovian warstuffs. Also, you can work with the objections of placing the Korwhosit near Gwa'aag and Avon.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:58 am

I'm not so sure Unostychia qualifies as a good strategic location myself. Showing up there pretty well guarrantees immediate war with Gwa'Aag, and it isn't particularly well situated for strikes against anywhere else.

I'm not against the demons trying to take that location, but the question is who were they taking it from? If it's orcs, then effectively we're looking at an invasion of Gwa'Aag. If it's someone else, we're back to the question of who these people were and why the orcs didn't overrun them ages ago.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:53 am

If it's left up to me, I'm pretty sure I could make up a good enough answer to the question of what Unostychia was before I destroy it. If it's decided that the orcs already control the land, though, I'll have to put the idea of the demons invading it out to pasture since the costs of doing so would probably be prohibitively high. Also, I don't really insist that the demons actually succeed in holding the territory for very long.

Therney, meanwhile, Kor Nong could still conquer at the same time if the country really is ripe for the taking. However, I'll have to wait to see if anyone objects to it being conquered.

pd Rydia

re: Therney

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:22 pm

Or you could actively ask, by posting a thread in this very forum (such as I have with this very thread, and numerous others), IMing folks, and/or seeking information on the country by going to the Wiki (linked here and also at the top of every forum page)!

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: re: Therney

Unread postby Kai » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:57 pm

pd Rydia wrote:Or you could actively ask, by posting a thread in this very forum (such as I have with this very thread, and numerous others), IMing folks, and/or seeking information on the country by going to the Wiki (linked here and also at the top of every forum page)!

Now you're just spouting crazytalk.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:10 pm

Alright. So, given that it looks like the demons are going to be invading Therney soon, I'll go ahead and cancel their Unostychian ambitions. I'll agree with the idea that the orcs overran Unostychia long ago.

The demons are going to need another base for their West Igallan operations now. And I think I know where I'm going to put it...

Return to OOC RP Discussion