Sage's attempts to get a decent-sized beastiary!

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Sage's attempts to get a decent-sized beastiary!

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:17 pm

Yeah, so, I'll be trying to put beasties here instead of in the wiki, for three reasons. 1-it'll be easier than coding 'em. 2-So people can comment directly on their strengths/weaknesses. 3-Because I wish for my E-penis to someday be as big as Dia's. :{
When these things have been around for longer than a day and have at least one comment, I'll upload them to the Wiki. (With some patchy deadlines. I ain't perfect, not by a longshot.)

So, here we go!

Arrowhawk (Juvenile)
HP:24
Init:5+2d6
AT/PA:10/15
AC:0
Missile Evade:20
MBLK:15
Attacks:Electricity ray (2d10+5, ignores metal AC) or bite(1d10+4)
Move:10 hexes
Group:Solitary or family. (See end of Arrowhawks)

A juvenile arrowhawk (1 to 10 years old) is about 5 feet long from beak to tail, with the body accounting for about one-third of that length. Its wingspan is about 7 feet, and it weighs about 20 pounds.

Adult Arrowhawk
HP:42
Init:6+2d6
AT/PA:12/20
Missile Evade:20
MBLK:18
Attacks:Electricity ray (2d12+7, ignores metal AC) or bite(1d12+6)

An adult (11 to 40 years old) is about 10 feet long from beak to tail, with a wingspan of about 15 feet and a weight of about 100 pounds.

Elder Arrowhawk
HP:115
Init:4+2d6
AT/PA:26/16
AC:5
Missile Evade:10
MBLK:24
Attacks:Electricity ray (2d12+7, ignores metal AC) or bite(2d12+12)
Move:12 hexes

An elder arrowhawk (41 to 75 years old) is about 20 feet long with a wingspan of 30 feet and a weight of about 800 pounds.

Arrowhawks are extremely territorial and always hungry. They attack almost any other creature they meet, seeking a meal or trying to drive away a rival. The primary mode of attack is an electricity ray, fired from the tail. The creature also bites, but it prefers to stay out of reach.

If a family of Airhawks is met, there will generally be 1d6 young, 1d3 adults, and either no or one elder.

Troll
HP:150
Init:1+2d6
AT/PA:20/15
Missile Evade:15
MBLK:12
Attacks:Claw (2d6+13) or Bite (3d6+18)
Move:6 hexes
Group:Solitary or gang. (2-4)

Trolls walk upright but hunched forward with sagging shoulders. Their gait is uneven, and when they run, their arms dangle and drag along the ground. For all this seeming awkwardness, trolls are very agile.

A typical adult troll stands 9 feet tall and weighs 500 pounds. Females are slightly larger than males. A troll’s rubbery hide is moss green, mottled green and gray, or putrid gray. The hair is usually greenish black or iron gray.

Trolls have no fear of death: They launch themselves into combat without hesitation, flailing wildly at the closest opponent. Even when confronted with fire, they try to get around the flames and attack.

Rend (Ex): If a troll hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 2d12+11 points of damage.

Regeneration (Ex): If a troll loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump. They also regain 2d6+5 HP per turn. If they take damage from fire or acid, however, they do not regain their HP until their next turn-and they can never regenerate fire or acid damage.

Unicorn
HP:110
Init:4+2d6
AT/PA:20/5
Missile Evade:10
MBLK:24
Attacks:Horn (2d12+16) and hooves(2d6+4)
Group:Solitary or pair.

A unicorn has deep sea-blue, violet, brown, or fiery gold eyes. Males sport a white beard.

A typical adult unicorn grows to 8 feet in length, stands 5 feet high at the shoulder, and weighs 1,200 pounds. Females are slightly smaller and slimmer than males.

Spell-Like Abilities: Unicorns can use detect evil at will as a free action. Once per day a unicorn can use greater teleport to move anywhere within its home. It cannot teleport beyond the forest boundaries nor back from outside.

A unicorn can use cure 1 three times per day and cure 2 once per day (Healing Rank 12) by touching a wounded creature with its horn. Once per day it can use neutralize poison with a touch of its horn.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:44 am

I'd like to request some beasties that might be found in urban areas.

Especially Doma

Return to OOC RP Discussion