With A Bang (Elemaer Board CI Preliminary Recruitment)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

With A Bang (Elemaer Board CI Preliminary Recruitment)

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:53 pm

In the interests of trying to get Elemaer RP going properly again, Dia suggested to me that I start another board CI, the last one having been handily slain by the ezFluke. So with that, I bring you this, open to anyone, whether they already have a character or need to make one to join the RP.

It's two beginnings in one: the rebirth of Elemaer RP for us, and for our characters it's the New Year, the beginning of the year 974 of the Third Age, and revelry fills the streets of the Great City of As'nar on this beautiful night on the cusp of spring (the Elemaeran year beginning with the vernal equinox). This night is one of those that, by tradition, the members of the Orders of the Elemental Gods go out in layman's garb and mingle with the other people of As'nar, which allows them to ignore, at least for a night, the troubles between their Orders. Anything can happen on the night of the New Year, and it usually does.

So, as I said, this RP is open to anybody. You don't need to register here to participate, but I'd like to have a few people register here before we start so I know we'll have a strong showing when we do.

In case some people need references to stuff:
The most informative webpage we have about Elemaer right now, in regrettable disarray
The Elemaer Character Thread
As'nar on the Wiki

EDIT: Oh, and multi-RPing is acceptable; I'm probably going to do it, after all.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:04 pm

I'm definitely showing up. Bringing Arenda.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:17 pm

You'd better, jerk. You're never online for the chat CIs I keep trying to start, and it makes me go :(.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:20 pm

IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT FOR NOT BUYING ME A CABLE OR AN EXTRA PHONE LINE OR JUST GIVING ME ALL YOUR MONEY!!11!1

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:28 pm

;_;

pd Rydia

me?

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:41 pm

I was saying how people need to sign up for this because it's been too long since the last Elemaer RP.

I know it looks like I was demanding money and stuff, but I was speaking a different language, you see. It's a language that sounds like English and has all the same words, but they all mean something different from what they mean in English.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:15 pm

What is that, again? They call that the Seethe Has No Friends Language, right? Wow, even the name of the language means something different in English!

EDIT: Hey, I vote we stop arguing in the recruitment thread and present a unified face.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:40 pm

*ahem* Agreed.

I'm bringing Tur. And she's gonna be having some fun that night. Fun that involves inbibing copious amounts of alcohol. = )

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:26 pm

Friends are for the weak!

That translates to "I agree completely. Also, I might bring in a new Order of Fire character as well if I can get the sheet ready. Also, the green is wooden upon the skyward elk."

That last bit didn't make any sense, but it's really the closest possible thing to a literal translation. It's basically just a sort of courtesy ending.

I'll stop being contrary now.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:57 pm

I'd like at least one or two more definite players before we start (I don't count pictures of cute puppies as declarations of participation).

FlameRaven
Geek of Many Colors

Unread postby FlameRaven » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Eeto, if I can get some more info about character creation and such, I'd be willing to give it a try.
[url=http://parallelparchment.com]Parallel Parchment[/url]|[url=http://flameraven.deviantart.com]dA[/url]|[url=http://flameybird_art.livejournal.com]Sketch Journal[/url]

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:43 pm

If you don't know how I work by now then you never will.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:02 pm

Aw come on, Spleen. It was really cute. I think we can make an exception (acception?) this time.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:02 pm

Throw me an IM (AIM: DeusFio) if you need more information about Elemaer stuff. I forgot to say that before.

Characters should ideally go through me first anyway; it's not as open in scope as Gaera, so a lot of concepts that would work there would be less thematically appropriate in Elemaer. When in doubt, ask! :D

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:07 pm

Much to your surprise, I'm sure, I'll be showing up, you know, so you don't hunt me down and beat me with a wooden spoon or something.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:40 pm

Update: Including people who haven't posted in this thread, that's...

Me as Telerak Zekail and Draea Elgath (and Jagen Turlis only by request; his best RP is, tragically, mostly with characters of absent posters such as Molokidan and Pervy)
Darkknight as Tur'nasus Jaksur and maybe as a new character
Seethe as Arenda Nialin and maybe as a new character
Thram as Keliel Kartoff
Neb as Avedis Devar
Dia as a new character
Taiar as a new character
FlameRaven as a new character

If any of the above list is in error, don't hesitate to call me on it. I'm not perfect, and sometimes I need a hand.

I'll give those new to Elemaer the opportunity to make their characters at their leisure before I start up the RP; no sense rushing anything, after all. Other people are still free to join, as well; two in particular come to mind, but they know who they are.

EDIT: Sage bowed out due to stuff.

EDIT 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: The RP is now 100% more fortified with Neb.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed May 02, 2007 11:14 pm

This thing starts tomorrow. The first post is written up.

EDIT: This thing has started. The first post is posted up.

viewtopic.php?t=3818

Return to OOC RP Discussion