PhilSys Coliseum, AGAIN!

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

PhilSys Coliseum, AGAIN!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:25 pm

Ok, so, I've always wanted to do one of these. And I like this thing Amanda's made in the Bestiary. Bamf!

So, dis here is a recruitment thread for that. Board based PS RP, out of character (so when people die horribly they don't have to go missing for real. Yay!). For this first battle, asking for high leveled characters. As in, preferably 5 or higher. But honestly I'll accept anyone.

DO NOT HESITATE TO SUBMIT IF MORE THAN SIX OR SO PEOPLE SIGN UP. For this particular session I'd happily take on as many as 15 sheets. Whee.

After Bamf: Ever wondered who would come out on top in a fight, but don't want to raise hell in the community to find out? Get with someone and invite them to a coliseum duel! I'll run it! =D

Now then: Bamf is in the following thread: viewtopic.php?t=3731

Who wants a piece of it?!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:37 pm

IDRAN VS. DARIN

I'M CALLING YOU OUT, WING BOY >:

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:13 pm

I don't have anyone above level 1. Sadness.

Would it be permissible, since this is an OOC event, to temporarily boost somebody up to level 5 so that things aren't uneven? Or, of course, my character could just die horribly in the first round. Which will probably happen even at level 5 anyway...

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:22 pm

In the red corner, a giant shark, the stuff of which legends are made. Capable of smashing a ship with a single bite.

In the blue corner... Kelne.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:23 pm

Seethe: Just submit the sheet.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:29 pm

I take that as a no? Well, I needed to see what kind of difference my recent overhaul made anyway. Plus, dying horribly in the first round would at least be worth a laugh, especially if I predicted it.

Brinala is the one I'll submit.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:24 pm

What the hell. Sorune could use a good dusting off. And being a Druid, is one of the few people suitable to killing this thing.

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:34 pm

Darin will totally accept Idran's challenge, even if he will die horribly because of the level difference >:

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:50 pm

Y'know what? What the hell. I upgraded Don JUST for this.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:32 pm

Also, Brinala challenges Kilisha! OMG!

Kilisha accepts.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:10 pm

... with all due... whatever, I am not GMing a fight between you and yourself.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:18 pm

HOUSE RULE FOR THE ULTIMATE DIMENSIONAL CHALLENGE

No Stop spells. Does Darin agree? Or is he still chicken? >:

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:27 pm

I can't imagine why not.

Fine, I'll run it myself sometime, and nobody else will get to see. >>

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:28 pm

Idran1701 wrote:HOUSE RULE FOR THE ULTIMATE DIMENSIONAL CHALLENGE

No Stop spells. Does Darin agree? Or is he still chicken? >:

Darin can't even CAST Stop.

Er..uh...I mean...sure!

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:39 pm

What about Adrin and possibly some character named Nadir? We could have a Tag-team Texas Tornado Cage match.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Well, since it's taking time for folks to sign up for the business with Bamfs, I guess we'll start with Idran and Darin. The Other RPs thread for this will be up in a few minutes.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:55 pm

Capntastic wrote:What about Adrin and possibly some character named Nadir? We could have a Tag-team Texas Tornado Cage match.

Don't forget Diran!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:00 pm

There are too many anagrams of this name. =P

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:49 pm

Sirvix: *cheers for Darin*

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm

You could get in one other battles, yeah. But I'd like peopel to say explicitly that they plan to get involved ina bigger rumble.

Also: I still wouldn't run a combat where one person is, effectively, fighting themself.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Doing battles one at a time? So that explains why I don't get to duel myself. Could have just told me that in the first place.

<s>So anyway, would there be any room for a Randi in that mix?</s>

Edit:

*judo tosses Bes' post*

That'll teach me to delete and re-post instead of editting like a normal person.

So, I guess a me vs me battle would be a little wierd or pointless or something, having thought about it.

Edit 2:

I had also better stop contributing to the anagram chaos.

Edit 3:

And what I originally meant to say: Any of my present Philsys characters are currently open to any challenger, but I will probably call someone out later if I don't get called out first.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:54 am

Looks like a good time to jump in right now. Requesting permission to enter with Brinala.

And it looks like the delete button is gone. I'll have to use double-posting to bump the thread now.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:37 am

Edit: One or more folks in the current Coliseum match up would prefer that Brinala and Jade (discussed via AIM rather than here) sit things out.

That said: How would Seethe and Lenore feel about a match up versus one another after the current match ends?

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Location: Under the Bed (Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red)

Unread postby Lenore » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:05 pm

Sure, I guess >>; For a second I thought you meant Lenore the character an I was gonna say, but she's not a philsys character! =(
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/Long2HonouFlamesSig.jpg[/img]

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:37 pm

That works for me. So, is this match going to be Brinala vs. Jade?

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:51 pm

<s>Can I see Brinalla's sheet?
I need to make sure Jade can do okay against her.</s>

Nevermind. Found it. Sounds a little unfair, but I'll try.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/Long2HonouFlamesSig.jpg[/img]

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:13 pm

They're both level 1. Unfair does not come into play.

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:30 pm

Okiday. We'll see how it goes.

Nekogami

I HAVE TWO CHALLENGES!!

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:32 pm

Miang would like to take on Bamfs AND Lenore's Jade.

Miang is http://forums.rpgww.org/viewtopic.php?t=1137.

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Re: I HAVE TWO CHALLENGES!!

Unread postby Lenore » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:38 pm

Nekogami wrote:Miang would like to take on Bamfs AND Lenore's Jade.

Jade accepts zee chalange with some amount of hesitation.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:39 pm

*Donald stands around, polishing his sword, and muttering grumpily to himself...*[/url]

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:42 pm

I am tempted to throw Tolaris to the aid of Jade!

That is, if Jade accepts.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:50 am

Is this going to become a team battle of Jade and Tolaris against Miang and Brinala? If so, I need to see Tolaris' sheet.

Archmage

TARRASQUE VS. GAERA

Unread postby Archmage » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:37 pm

Come one, come all! There's a giant rampaging fantasy Godzilla on the loose, and he's going to destroy Tok--er, Doma! By which I mean the entire country, not just the city, because this thing only wakes up once every century or so to come out and eat the entire countryside for breakfast before it goes back to hibernation for its own inscrutible purposes. You can stand around all you want blaming the gods and trying to figure out which cruel bastard woke him up (it was probably Nakibe), but it won't do you any good now, because here he comes!

This is going to be a forum colosseum-style bout in which a large group of players (probably backed up by totally ineffectual NPCs) attempt to bring down the tarrasque as faithfully recreated in Philsys.

THE CHALLENGERS

In this corner, we have...THE TARRASQUE!

Weighing in at a nifty 260,000 pounds and a fabulous 50 feet tall, the tarrasque is one challenger who will have you thinking twice about throwing that right hook! With huge teeth and claws, he'll rip your farm to shreds to digest the paltry 350,000 calories in the average 70 kilogram man's body, which is roughly analogous to the average 70 kilogram man tearing apart a house to eat one cocktail weenie.

He's big, he's nasty, he has armor as thick as the strongest dragons and the durability and stamina of a dozen elephants combined! He regenerates almost any wound, devours the landscape without a second thought, charges rapidly across the open plains whenever he's feeling energetic, and best of all, the only way to make him stay dead is to get down on your knees and start praying, because nothing short of divine intervention is going to stop his prodigious regeneration! Let's hear it for our challenger!

AAAAAND in THIS corner, we have...GAERA!

Gaera the world has survived some tough challenges in its day, folks! We've got people running around who have stood toe-to-tentacle with (or are) fearsome dragons, giant slimes, mind-warping chaos beasts and even the gods themselves! Let's see if they can handle this one!

THE RULES

Rule 1: There is NO theoretical limit to the number of characters I will take for this. You're probably all gonna die anyway. I'll decide what kind of NPC backup you have when I figure out who the PCs will be. One character per RPer, please.

Rule 2: You may level your existing PC up 5 levels from his current level, OR set his level to 10, whichever is less. There are some restrictions on this:

-You must roll all stat-ups and other increases legitimately.
-You may not add new skills to your character's sheet, only advance existing ones.
-You may not learn techs or spells specifically designed to kill the tarrasque. I am the final arbiter on this.

Rule 3: The battle will be on-forum, so I'm going to use a hexboard. The battlefield is a large open plain, for the most part; there is no cover unless you create it yourself. Before anyone complains about this, consider the fact that

-The tarrasque does not use missile attacks, so cover does not help you, and
-If you hid behind an object it would just trample and eat the object, giving you about two seconds of additional lifespan.

Spells that make objects, walls, cover, etc. are all fair game if you think they will be strategically useful, but the battlefield is barren beforehand except for the fact that I might put some trees on it or something. It's attacking from the Forbidden Plains, if you want an in-universe explanation.

Rule 4: This is completely non-canon. Duh. It is also poly-temporal. You can use characters from first or second gen as long as they are Gaeran characters. You may not use MAC characters or characters from Charles's Philsys superhero RP. If you ask me to use a character that does not have a Philsys sheet I will shoot you in the head and put tetrodotoxin in your next meal. You will then be informed that you are allowed to make a new Philsys character (at level 5).

If you have existing characters that I am already familiar with, Philsys or otherwise, and you make a brand new one, I will make sure the tarrasque eats your new character first if you don't use one of those instead. Characters I am totally unfamiliar with get to wear "cannon fodder" signs unless I like them a whooooole lot.

Rule 5: I reserve to alter, edit, or change the rules at any time to prevent abuse. This is mostly for fun. If you complain about how the tarrasque ate your character, I will smack you. If you think you might complain about how the tarrasque ate your character, consider the possibility in advance and think about whether or not you really want to play.

Rule 6: The tarrasque speaks no languages and has a WIS of -5. Sorry, charisma-whores.

Rule 7: I also resolve that anyone who does anything I deem to be abusive without being exceedingly clever will fail at my whim. This is meant to be entertaining. Let's make sure it is!

Rule 8: You may not add new magical equipment to your existing characters, but any items they have earned in RPs are fair to use. I will potentially award consumable healing items to characters at the beginning of play based on the number of participants, much like NPC backup. If your character can make consumable items, they may have one day's worth of consumables on hand at the beginning of the fight.

As a point of interest, since it might come up, no, you don't need a magic weapon to hurt the tarrasque. I have converted its damage reduction and Natural AC bonus to determine its Philsys AC.

Rule 9: I might award some small amount of EXP to participants' characters if they do things that I find suitably entertaining. Consider it your reward for being awesome.

I will post the thread for this in FOUR DAYS. That's Friday, April 6th. If your sheet isn't ready or whatever, you're too late.

Let the games begin!

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:54 pm

Question!

MAG points. Should there be a prerequisite for how many we can reasonably acquire in 5 levels?

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

It doesn't matter. Roll it like any other stat. However, since you cannot learn new skills, I don't know how useful this will be if the character in question was not a mage previously.

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:45 pm

Post sheets for T vg. G in this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=102146#102146

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:07 pm

Seethe wrote:Is this going to become a team battle of Jade and Tolaris against Miang and Brinala? If so, I need to see Tolaris' sheet.
I am not sure. I think Miang and JAde wanted to go at it themseleves, but Jade is willing to accept aide if it's needed...

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:25 pm

Due to absolutely horrible planning on my part, I'm not going to start Tarrasque vs. Gaera until at least next Wednesday, as I have exams Monday through Wednesday and studying for them is considerably more important.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:43 am

... good. This will give me time to finish choosing spells for Epic Dae, who is finished otherwise. >.>

Next

Return to OOC RP Discussion