CITIES

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
pd Rydia

CITIES

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:55 pm

GREETINGS RPGWWERS.

I have some questions, again, for wiki purposes.

So we have a category called "Gaera Main City Notes." I've recently been going through, checking nation maps (primarily of the Igalan nations) and checking the old "important locations" page on the website to make sure all the information had on established cities is on the wiki. I've made use of the wiki's search, the board's search, and google looking for information on some cities, which has led me to logs revealing other cities, but that's just side-tracking...

ANYWAY. That's where this thread comes from. What I have are some cities I was unable to find any (or enough) information on. So I post them here for the helps.

<s>Balmore, Baron--this is on KoD's sheet for Kobakk as the character's originating city; any other information?</s>
Aldwell City, Evringshal
Corsa City, Evringshal
Mirwell City, Evringshal
Selium City , Evringshal
--all the Evringshal cities are shown on the map, one for each province and named after the province, but there's only information about one of them (Sarcordia City); is there any established information about the others? anyone know?
Dershal (??), Evringshal--it's marked on the Evringshal map, but I don't even know if it's a city or what
<s>Sappo, Nekonia--it's on Nekonia's map, but I couldn't find any infos aside</s>
Lystarn, Riva (Div)--there's actually some information about this on the site, but it's basically "small-town-receives-few-out-of-towners"...I've entered that for what seems like half a dozen towns today. D= t'any rate, I know this is a Divtown, so I was just going to check up and see if there isn't any more information, just in case; I think it's Rodney's hometown
Yana, Riva (C_C?)--it's on Riva's map, but I couldn't find any infos aside; I seem to -vaguely- recall it being a request from Chrono_Catfish, though? By the size of the dot on the map, it's a larger city
Tenkaru, Valth--it's on Valth's map, but I couldn't find any infos aside

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:02 am

Also, Doman cities, which get a -special- post, because I actually found information about them:

Bresford, Doma--found this while looking for info on other cities, on a thread about the Keeper Elections. There was this information, posted by Kelne: "Kisone Serith, a white mage from the town of Bresford, has emerged as an advocate of a larger, better organised standing army, believing that the present one had failed to protect the people of Doma. Enchudor should be ready to stand alone should such a war occur again, he believes." And also: "Jilana Res, also from Bresford, is perhaps the most charismatic of the three, and certainly enjoys the widest support. She advocates improved ties with Doma's neighbours, an increase in the trade between nations, and an improvement to Enchudor's infrastructure."
Caen, Doma--Established by Daen, used in a chat RP/s IIRC, and I found this in the aforementioned thread: "Sir Karl Leithan (Age: 26) Mayor of Caen, Running for Hyraldor after getting rid of a rebellion and slowly setting Caen back on its right tracks, Leithan plans to enhance trade and relations with the comparatively ignored Kalshana. He states that increasing the trade with this country would simultaneously raise the quality of life of Domans, and increase the fundings of the Doman coffers." That's all I remember/can find.
<s>Chaucer, Doma--shows up in The Next Crisis and Merc RP, which I haven't read through because I'm -lazy.
Kyok, Doma--originally created by me for the JD menu drink (Kyok Rum), it was used in the Dark Tidings RP, and is tied into the character Alathana
Nivea, Doma--I have no idea.
Nocket, Doma--origins as Kyok (Nocket Cider), though stuff happened to it during the Malachian war which I didn't keep track of (in a thread about the MUSH, Kate wrote: "though it's sort of full of zombies/mazoku still I think"); It was also used in the fanfic [From the Cradle to the Grave]</s>
Onnwall, Doma, Doma--requested by C_C and then never explained...a hometown for one of his characters?
Yinkar, Doma--Used in Chaos Croaker (2004 May 13 09:32), west of Yamae

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:04 am

I can put up some information about Vermilis. It's Myrnal's hometown and does have a yearly harvest-type festival.

pd Rydia

:3

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:07 am

Go for it! It'll make the completionist in me happy-happy.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:49 am

Chaucer, Doma--shows up in The Next Crisis and Merc RP, which I haven't read through because I'm -lazy.

The only thing that happened there in The Next Crisis is that the party fought a zombie and then got on a boat. I think... Idran is the one with the useful info on this place.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:39 pm

(15:27:56) Dia McDia O'Diason: YOU!
(15:28:15) Chaster Papa: Me. ^_^
(15:30:08) Dia McDia O'Diason: yes
(15:30:10) Dia McDia O'Diason: ::nods
(15:30:19) Dia McDia O'Diason: Balmore, Baron
(15:30:21) Dia McDia O'Diason: tell me about it
(15:30:56) Chaster Papa: Kobakk's hometown?
(15:31:02) Dia McDia O'Diason: yes
(15:31:12) Chaster Papa: Kay!
(15:33:01) Chaster Papa: Um... lessee. History of clashes with Orcish raiding parties, well-established military base, known for its excellent weapons.
(15:34:01) Chaster Papa: ... what else...
(15:34:40) Dia McDia O'Diason: location in the country?
(15:34:59) Dia McDia O'Diason: going to be fairly large, at least medium-sized, to function as military
(15:35:33) Chaster Papa: Ah, true. Well, we'll go medium size. USED to be small, but the greenies necessitated growth.
(15:36:46) Chaster Papa: And south of Fort Gungnir.
(15:36:59) Chaster Papa: Southeastern quadrant of the country.
(15:37:10) Dia McDia O'Diason: makes sense
(15:37:40) Chaster Papa: Indeedy-do.
(15:37:43) Chaster Papa: What else ya need?
(15:38:43) Dia McDia O'Diason: I think that'll work!
(15:38:47) Dia McDia O'Diason: thankye sir
(15:38:52) Chaster Papa: *nod!*

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:53 pm

Seethe wrote:
Chaucer, Doma--shows up in The Next Crisis and Merc RP, which I haven't read through because I'm -lazy.

The only thing that happened there in The Next Crisis is that the party fought a zombie and then got on a boat. I think... Idran is the one with the useful info on this place.

Sorry, I've never heard of the place.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Damn, I had the wrong city in mind. Chaucer is inland, isn't it. Then I'm guessing Jak's the one to go to.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:18 pm

(17:13:11) Dia McDia O'Diason: Hey Amandas!
(17:13:12) Dia McDia O'Diason: >.>
(17:13:14) J4deninj44: <.<
(17:13:18) Dia McDia O'Diason: <.<
(17:13:20) J4deninj44: What it is, lady?
(17:13:43) Dia McDia O'Diason: Sappo, Nekonia: it was on the Nekonia map, but I have no information about it. Is there any?
(17:14:13) J4deninj44: Where on the map?
(17:14:16) J4deninj44: Close to Inustan?
(17:14:18) Dia McDia O'Diason: one moment!
(17:14:53) Dia McDia O'Diason: at the tip
(17:14:56) Dia McDia O'Diason: of one of the nine tails
(17:15:52) J4deninj44: Right, It's known for it's beer made form water from the Kyuubi OoKawa (Cat o Nine Tails...).
(17:16:14) J4deninj44: And its noodles boiled in said water.
(17:16:59) Dia McDia O'Diason: thanks!

Return to OOC RP Discussion