What about the Kitsune?

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

What about the Kitsune?

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:39 am

Alrighty, I was just idly wondering about who "owns" the Kitsune earlier today. I was told no one does, so I'm considering doing Things and Stuff with them, if only for humor.

First off, I would like to know if anyone has any established Kitsune characters and, if so, what they are like? I mean, I know I have Farwind (NOT BISCUIT! =>.<=) myself, who is essentially a four-legged non-anthro fox who speaks fluent Nekonian (from living there) as well as very broken Common. I have heard that there are anthro versions out there, and possibly as a result other Things and Stuff that might need to be talked about as well.

Also, does anyone else have any ideas on what to do with them? What they should be like, where they should live, etc? Just wanna see where this might go.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:47 am

The only one I remember was played by Jean (remember him? Dan's friend?) and I don't recall any sort of details about where he came from.

I'm personally putting my money on "a wizard did it."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:51 am

I have that Kitsune that's friends with Joss and Solis. He's native to Gaera, and anthro. Jean had atleast two anthro Kitsunes as well, yeah. One was a clone of the other, though.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:28 pm

Every Kitsune character I've heard of here was usually not a 'natural' race, they were either foxes changed by magic, or from offworld.

*shrug* The first one I can really recall was Folx's character, a fox that knew how to walk upright due to magic from... something, but was still a just a fox.

ChocolateKitsune
Not really here

Unread postby ChocolateKitsune » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:15 pm

Thanks to Dave for pointing this out to me, Although every time this topic is brought up it brings back rather unpleasant memories... But that's history. I was supposed to write something canon regarding this, but as with 99.9% of all my projects it never actually got done -_-;

Anywho. While I haven't gotten anything down on paper, I definitely remember the broad details regarding Kitsune on the whole; both what Folx had already set regarding quad kitsune, and what I had intended to set for the bipedal kind. Folx had already written a lot regarding his "version" (for lack of a better word) of kitsune and had definitely specified that their origins were purely magical. I don't remember most of the details and am actually hoping that somebody has a copy of them someplace for preservation.

I had technically "gained" ownership of them once Folx stepped out and let me take over, but seeing as I never really did anything with them I don't think it would be fair on anybody for me to insist that I retain control over them.

I guess it's up to you really. I already have clear ideas in mind for what should be set regarding both quadrupedal (which is essentially what Folx decided upon) and bipedal Kitsune... But since nothing has really been made canon (plus Kitsune aren't really majorly influencial characters in RPGWW, let's face it) I don't think it's such a major issue.

PS: I should perhaps stress on the fact that quad and bipedal kitsune are not related to one another in any way.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:22 pm

ChocolateKitsune wrote:Folx had already written a lot regarding his "version" (for lack of a better word) of kitsune and had definitely specified that their origins were purely magical. I don't remember most of the details and am actually hoping that somebody has a copy of them someplace for preservation.[/i]
<blockquote>lifespan: see misc
deity: Tunare
expert: Folx Numeroso
ph. description: fox-like in appearance and size
skills: magically granted speech, lifespan
MISC: Unlike most furry races, they are mostly fox. The other part of them is simply a magical enchantment that allows them to act like any other furry race. This race was created by a small group of elves, which were mostly killed during the transition of Britiana to Kalshana. Rumor states that one of the elves is still alive somewhere. Ever since they were killed, the number of kitsunejin has stopped increasing, leaving the population very small. Most kitsunejin call other kitsunejin "brother" or "sister," even though they are most likely not related.

A kitsunejin's lifespan depends on the enchantment put onto them. Mostly, the enchantment is elven, and therefore the Kitsunejin have an elven lifespan, though some have been known to be human in enchantment. Two kitsunejin procreating may end up in a magically saturated kitsunejin, a normal fox, or a normal kitsunejin.</blockquote>
Me? Not write something down?

...occasionally. But I've this. It's been sitting on the site for a while.

As I recall, my suggestion at the time of the introduction of the bipedals was to either rename Folx's race, or to name the other something else. Folx's char was more solid canon at the time. It seems a lot less important these days.

T'any rate, have at it, ye.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:00 pm

I have nothing useful to add.

Other than a random fox pic from wikipedia

Awwwwwwwwwww

Edit: ...but in seriousness. Given how 'kitsune' is a japanese term, which nekonia is based on, maybe having the two tie in would make sense?

ChocolateKitsune
Not really here

Unread postby ChocolateKitsune » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:31 pm

Actually, Dave, I was going for that (In fact my main kitsunejin character is decidedly "Japanese" if you will - although I don't claim to know how to emulate their culture well or anything. Anyway.), however I was more set on placing their main settlements within Chuushima (Obviously given the right permission from Dan when I can get it), with smaller tribes scattered around the vicinity of and/or within Nekonia and Inustan. That was my initial idea.

And thanks Dia. I'm glad that bit wasn't lost. So for what it's worth, any quadrupedal kitsunejin (to be perhaps renamed later on) fit beneath Folx's description as posted by Dia.

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Location: Under the Bed (Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red)

Unread postby Lenore » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:44 pm

I have a Kitsune character on another site that actually takes the natural form of a terrier and also has the form of a 13 year old boy who likes to make mischeif.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/Long2HonouFlamesSig.jpg[/img]

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:49 pm

Divinegon had the werewolves of Cotiego originating from the lands of Inustan, before its unification and naming. When Lupus (title) Rastafa (name) decided he wanted a nice big area of land all to himself, and started creating modern-day Inustan (to make a very short story of it), the werewolves were really unkeen on the idea of being under Rastafa's rule, so they took off to do their own thing.

I can see bipedal kitsune doing ought like this, especially if they don't form social structures like the inujin do/did. It'd be the opportune time for different groups to take off to different parts of Igala and other continents.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:10 pm

I have a Kitsune character on another site that actually takes the natural form of a terrier and also has the form of a 13 year old boy who likes to make mischeif.

Why would a kitsune have a terrier form? That's not even the same species. Vulpine=/=canine.

ChocolateKitsune
Not really here

Unread postby ChocolateKitsune » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:44 am

That sounds fantastic, Dia.

Foxes aren't naturally a very social species; they live by themselves, never or at least very rarely in packs. Even with their added anthropomorphism I think it'd make more sense to have them stick to their instincts and remain slightly unwilling to form very large groups to live with - However I also thought it would be more interesting to have these kinds of kitsune (the ones who gave in to their instincts, that is) as being the exception rather than the rule. Hence why I preferred that the main "settlements" be placed in Chuushima* while smaller groups scattered haphazardly around Gaera.

*That is to say, They started settling initially in Chuushima, and then some of them moved to Gaera instead of the other way around.

Return to OOC RP Discussion