Revival of an old campaign: Search for a Cure

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Revival of an old campaign: Search for a Cure

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:49 am

As the topic states, Shini has an itch to restart an old campaign of his!

Searching for a Cure went on...Shortly after the war, I believe. It was a 2nd gen Philsys campaign (The only of it's kind, I think.), in which Cervant/Janda, now Czarina of Barius, recruited a group of adventurers to help her stop the curse placed on her so long ago from resurging (Turning her into a child..AGAIN.). Original players were Pervy, Jak, Deeum, Neb, and GC. It stalled when I got an important update from one of the players (Specifcally, "This couldn't happen, as this important bit never happened in the 2nd gen continuity"). Now, I'm looking to restart it- And as I know at least one person wants to leave, and the party is coming up on a good chance to reformat itself, well, I figured I'd open it up for a couple new folks.

Plot outline is as follows: As mentioned, Cervant hires some bodyguards to accompany her on a dangerous trip. Why not take her own guards? Well, that would cause an international incident! Why? Because their destination was Riva! An old temple, to be exact, supposedly blessed with cleansing waters.

As the plot moved on, they were joined by Laura Gentz, a cursed mage, and her ghostly apprentice Helena- And Cervant's motives were called into question. It seemed something else was on her mind...

The party didn't have much time to think on it, though, as they got involved in the activities of the Lanz syndicate, a large group of criminals operating out of Riva, trying to cause some horrible disease to spread through the country, only to sell the cure at a premium. The party battled one of the members of some rank, a pyromancer named Ignatus (Yeah, I'm clever!), who divulged another scheme, but only in part.

The temple was eventually found, and Cervant took a dip in the suppesedly cleansing water- Only to emerge cursed, as before. Ignatus (Along with the other two leading members) arrived on the scene, did the traditional mocking, and captured the group.

They were taken to Lanz Chateu near an unspecified town, where they dined with Ezekial Lanz himself. In an attempt to eliminate the group in a totally "Accidental" way, they were locked in the guest room as Ignatus burned the manor.

The group escaped, and finally got their chance to have a true battle with Ignatus- In which he let slip that they needed to be eliminated one way or another. Apparantly, the Lanz group was close to finding what they were really looking for: the Blackened Angel. This struck a chord with Janda.

Before anything could happen further, reality began to warp- And the group was plopped into a sub dimension used by the Syndicate as a prison for those who got in the way. As we left off, the group had found a potential way to escape...

---

WHew, that was longwinded. But that's the plot so far.

What I need, if people are interested, are Gaeran characters, level 1-2, who would be in Riva. Remember, this is 2nd gen, so put that into account. Flexibile scheduals are also preferred, as my schedual changes weekly (Friday being my only perpetually clear day). Those interested should make a post here- And if you're part of the returning group, please do the same.

SHINI OUT. :O
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:46 am

Well, I could theoretically do this, but at the moment Friday's my only regular RP day, and that's already being rotated between my own RP and Pervy's. Adding a third into the mix probably wouldn't work out too well. Once Pervy's RP is over, though, I could swing it far more easily.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:55 pm

That word filter needs to be less funny.

Also, Lilly Rawpaw will be back in action!
... now I just need to find her sheet.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:56 pm

I'm working on... something. I dunno. We'll see.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:56 pm

Well, I'll volunteer Cerene to add to the mix. I figure I can manage one session as a player a week at least, and this ought to be fun.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:03 pm

Well, this is a good excuse for me to come up with a Second Gen character, at least. I'll try to come up with a char concept as quickly as I can, and put together a sheet for this.

shadowhunter
Bowl of Chiclets

Unread postby shadowhunter » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:59 pm

Would you mind a new guy to PhilSys joining in? :)

'course, I'll probably need some help for creating my first sheet, but I imagine there's people willing, eh?
[url=http://cmc.mrx.ca][img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/shadowhntr7/Argent-Sig7.gif[/img][/url]

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:39 am

I'd help. Find me online as Besyanteo and we'll crank something out for you.

shadowhunter
Bowl of Chiclets

Unread postby shadowhunter » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:05 am

*adds Besyanteo to his ever-growing AIM list*

Thanks.
[url=http://cmc.mrx.ca][img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/shadowhntr7/Argent-Sig7.gif[/img][/url]

Return to OOC RP Discussion