Dark Star Prophecy (Philsys Board RP)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Seethe
In Despair

Dark Star Prophecy (Philsys Board RP)

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:42 am

Since the fall of the Demon Lord Malachias, there have been stirrings in the Underworld. With the power vacuum left in the wake of the decline of the Malachian Empire, a number of demon clans have begun grabbing power for themselves. One notable of these clans is the State of Kor Nong.

Having originated mysteriously in the Black Forest of southern Evringshal approximately 100 years ago, this clan, composed largely of succubi and incubi, had migrated and taken up residence in a wide but secluded valley in the Shuman Mountains. Defending the valley with four strong fortresses in the surrounding mountains, they then erected within their city a portal to the Underworld. And in the Underworld, they carved out a kingdom that has grown steadily to this day.

Since the fall of Malachias, the kingdom has stepped up its efforts to grab power so as not to become overshadowed by any of its neighbors. In the Underworld, Kor Nong has conquered the realms of several Demon Masters including a Mazoku known as Master Selnu. Several small enclaves of the kingdom have also emerged in scattered areas about the mortal realm of Gaera. From these enclaves, Kor Nong intends to influence the nearby non-demonic nations in an effort to weaken their defenses and eventually strike against them.

Existing just off the southeastern coast of Igala near the Forbidden Plains, the small island of Maratoka has led a peaceful existence largely out of the way of world affairs since becoming inhabited by Doman settlers several hundred years ago. It has never officially been considered a part of Doman territory due to its distance from the Doman mainland and its proximity to the Forbidden Plains, but its inhabitants have always considered themselves Domans and given their honors to the Doman Royal Family. Though the island has never become a major port of trade, the land has been fertile enough to support its population, and so the people have been able to live comfortably.

The long peace the island has enjoyed, though, has recently been lost. One month ago, Kor Nong deemed that Maratoka, due to its seclusion and lack of a strong military force, would make a suitable location for its enclave to be used against the nations of Igala's southeastern coast. Emerging from the Underworld and beginning its attack from below the very castle of the island's lord, the demons easily took control of the island's strongest defensive fortification, captured its ruling family, and swarmed out against what remained of Maratoka's defenders.

The guards and militias of Maratoka have since been fighting a losing battle to defend their land. The demons seem intent on driving the people of the island into the sea and turning those who remain into cattle for the harvesting of their life energy. If this offensive is not driven back immediately, the enclave to be erected on Maratoka will be a severe threat to all the peoples of eastern Igala.

The above information has been brought to Doma City by a Nekonian mage after having learned of the recent events from a group of refugees who have settled on Doma's southeastern coast. This mage apparently intends to travel to the island and aid in its defense. She can be contacted at the Missing Arm Inn near the southern edge of the city.

-----

So, I'm trying once again to start up a Philsys board RP. I'm looking for three people, but I'm willing to take up to six. As the affairs of this RP are new, previous contact with them is neither possible nor required. However, for anyone who wants to know about the larger plotline involved, this is related to the events of The Next Crisis and set a few months after whenever that RP ends. I'll begin shortly after the third character is submitted.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:24 am

Card's in.

But be warned. He'll be a little ... out of sorts.[/url]

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:40 am

I wish to submit Endopholes for this.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:49 pm

I'm not participating (lack of a character who'd get involved at the moment), but I'd like to talk to you about a few things over AIM. :o

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:11 pm

Under the theory of why not, I volunteer Gnashrak

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:29 pm

Card, End, and Gnashrak are in, and that makes three. I'll try to get the first post made tomorrow or maybe Friday. If anyone else wants to apply, it stays open until then.

Bes: Acknowledged. I'll be trying to catch you there.

Also: Brinala's sheet for reference.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:52 pm

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:27 pm

Triple post :o

I'll be needing some posts out of people soon. Don't want this thing to start dragging.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:13 pm

Was just waiting for ye olde broome...

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:57 pm

We can advance to the next scene now if there are no objections, but first I'll need a round of posts to the RP from everyone.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:02 am

On it.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:43 pm

It's been a day since you've posted, so I presume you're still "on it", Chuck?

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:22 pm

*pokes everyone again*

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri May 18, 2007 12:13 am

Dear Wondrous and Magical GM Seethe!

Keep up the pokes, my man. Important for both sides.

... and while I'm at it...

*poke*

Sincerely,

Loyal and Sincere Roleplayer KoD!

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat May 26, 2007 10:53 pm

*pokes KoD and Kelne*

Return to OOC RP Discussion