Thought and Memory

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Thought and Memory

Unread postby Kai » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:39 pm

Philsys chat RP. First gen.

This plot is for characters who know either Myrnal or Tassi.

PCs will be approached by an elf named Isaiah with the following information:

Tassi and Myrnal have gone ahead to assist a wealthy family living a couple days' travel outside of Doma. Adrian and Yanette Hetherington are being harassed by a wizard who calls himself "Memory." He's a dream mage, and Tassi and Myrnal are holding him off until reinforcements can get there.

That's where the PCs come in. Before the two women went in after Memory, Isaiah got a few names from them of people they trust to come and relieve them. This recruitment thread is to help me decide retroactively whose assistance was requested and secured.

If they accept, PCs will be given directions to the Hetherington estate and a request that they leave immediately. As it is, Myrnal and Tassi have been in the plane of dreams holding him off for more than two days. It'll take another two for the PCs to get to the estate. Isaiah has procured some scrolls for appropriate dream spells, and the PCs will need those to actually initiate the mission.

Mission begins post-haste. Does anyone play a character who would accept such a request?

There is no level restriction. PCs of all levels are allowed. Post links to sheets. Please also post available times. RP will begin between December 10-16. That's three weeks. The delay is a result of my finals week. If not for that, we'd go sooner.

Those dates are final, but times are totally negotiable. Give me whatever you've got.

Edit: Hopefully it is somewhat clear now exactly why I'm putting up a recruitment thread, and hopefully it is somewhat clear what the only guidelines are for participation. You need a PS sheet, and your character should be someone known and trusted by either Tassi or Myrnal. This is not a random "notice in a tavern" recruitment. Enough people know at least one of these two women that I thought I'd give everybody a chance to express interest rather than simply yanking a few people in. <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble. --John Wayne</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kai@rpgww60462>Kai</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/26/06 1:24

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Thought and Memory

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:00 am

Ooh! Ooh! I desire entry!

Tassi or Myrnal, eh? Well, for that I have [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/1/06 22:25
[/i]

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:03 pm

I'm busy turning Damian's sheet from a pretty but rather odd bird to a faster, deadlier, hawk-eyed bird. With Mysterious Cloaking Action!

But that aside I'm in. Should be done soon enough with that stuff. Find a time. I'm PROBABLY free unless something comes up.

Edit of Doom:Damian's Sheet~! Now with 200% more hardcore Bone Breaking ACTION in every bite!

Edited by: Nakibe at: 12/24/06 4:02

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:22 am

I'd just like to establish interest in having at least Kurt Eldridge up in this piece--Milo, too, if permitted. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:16 am

I think I am interested! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:46 am

Kamos would probably join, if there's a pay involved. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:18 pm

I'm interested. I'm tempted to suggest Stephan, but Dan might work also. That, and the poor holy-man hasn't had much face time of late. =[

...now I just need to fix their friggin sheets =D;

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:17 pm

On the one hand, I want to take part. On the other, I have one character who is already familiar with Myrnal... And he's a 12 year old Kitsunejin. If he'd be approached, that's cool. Otherwise... It could be a fun way to kick off Besyanteo, if you can think of a reason for him to be there. He is a mercenary type of guy, if this elf is just talking to folks more or less at random.

Image</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:01 pm

Tassi's boy-toy, Darin, is available. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:07 pm

Charles Domanada, Damian Smith, Kurt or Milo, Stephan or Dan or Mid, and Darin are all accepted. That's 4 people who know Myrnal, and 3 who know Tassi.

Does everyone have a PS sheet? Damian's is linked, Charles' is linked, and I know that the Hyrals do have sheets, but they need a little love before they're ready to play. <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble. --John Wayne</span></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:21 pm

Still working on Kurt's. And I'll get it done just as soon as my days decide to stop raping me through the ears. Which is to say, late tonight. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:17 am

Next Friday, December 15th, is looking like the best day so far, but that is indeed still negotiable.

My real question is... how many people would be interested in doing this on the RPGWW MUSH? <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble. --John Wayne</span></p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:13 pm

I'd have to have a crashcourse in how to do it, but I'm up for whatever.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:18 pm

I am avaliable to hepl Dave with this if he should get on as the same time as me in the near future! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:04 pm

Dave: Brian's going to have to do the same for me, so don't feel like the odd man out.

I suggest it because some RPGWWers went to a lot of effort to set it up, and I don't think it's ever been used. More than that, I'm pretty sure we could do some awesome things with it. I wanted to test for interest before I went ahead and declared that we're doing that, so if anybody else has an opinion either way, do post and let me know. <p>-------------------------

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:49 am

I'm in. <p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:48 pm

In a similar vein to my unavailability for MAC this week, Friday is looking bad for me this week. I can't speak on behalf of other weeks, as this is a one-shot event, but there it is. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:14 pm

That's fine. I've had finals this week and been unable to spend the necessary time building NPCs.

Assume things will be sometime next week. Friday, because MAC will likely be on Saturday.

So, there is your advanced notice. I'll plan to be ready then, and fuck the MUSH. I don't have time to learn that mess. I'll learn it later. Let's just make sure we've got everyone together about this and worry about innovative solutions later. <p>-------------------------

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:16 am

If I run on Tuesday, is that a difficult time for people? If you need something else seriously just tell me. Got nothin' but time. <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"Because we care, my sweet imperialist dog." --Linka to Wheeler</span></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:30 am

That works just fine for me. <p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:50 am

I can dig it, starting at about 5pm EDT. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:47 pm

Assuming stuff doesn't come up, sure.

...and I really REALLY need to finish getting Dan's sheet up to speed x_x; *procrastination ahoy, wee*

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:12 pm

Shaun says he's okay, and Brian will be home past eight.

So that should work for us. I'll start Tuesday December 26th after 8pm EST, 9pm board time.

Post to let me know if you have any conflicts, and we'll probably be able to reschedule around you. The GM has nothing but time. <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"Because we care, my sweet imperialist dog." --Linka to Wheeler</span></p>

Archmage144

Negative, ghostwriter

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:15 pm

I do not plan to be around on Tuesday, actually; my apologies. It's not really possible for me to use the 'net for extended periods of time in the evening under ordinary circumstances.

Wednesday evening would work much better for me, because I'll be headed back to Indianapolis on Wednesday.

Fixing your html. Also, people should post times for Wednesday. -Kai

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kai@rpgww60462>Kai</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/24/06 23:17

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Re: Negative, ghostwriter

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:17 am

See previous post, including "OHSNAPOLDSHEETFIX" part =D;

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:29 am

Wednesday is the same timeframe availaiblity as Tuesday, for my part. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:16 am

Give me times for the next session. We continue ASAP, so tell me all the times you're available, and we'll continue at the next overlap. <p>-------------------------

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:15 pm

Hm. Not sure I could do this any earlier than Sunday, but I'm pretty much free every day right up till school starts, so eh. <p><span style="font-size:small;">

Currently idolizing - Roger Bacon, Shadow Hearts
Dislikes : Stupid people, Church officials, People that prey on the weak
Method of Destroying the World : Feh. God can do it for me. >:{
Becomes Super Powerful When : ... well F***. When ISN'T he?</span>

"Lunatic? The sages of EVERY age were called that! Let HISTORY decide whether my actions were good or bad. For now, we must forge ahead!"</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:29 pm

Uh... off the top of my head, Tuesday sounds like a good night to do it. More to come. <p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:47 am

Sun/Mon - Not an option, work til midnight
Tues/Wed/Thur - Free
Friday - after 7:00pm Can't be up too late, work early the next day.
Saturday - after 7:00pm, can stay up late if needed.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:55 pm

Weekends: Free
Mon: Free at 3ish
Tue: Free at 7ish
Wed: Free at 8ish
Thu: Free at 7ish
Fri: Free at 3ish

All times given are in EDT. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=priamnevhausten>PriamNevhausten</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/2/07 20:22

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:52 pm

Wednesday evening it shall be. Earlier in the week Brainwalker, Dia and Koss will likely be hangin' at my crib, so we'll wait until it wouldn't be incredibly rude for Brian and me to roleplay in the evening.

That work okay for ev'rbody? <p>-------------------------

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:22 am

I think that'll do just fine. <p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:51 pm

Digs. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:22 pm

In other news, I am a dirty fat liar. Wednesdays are my late night, being as I will arrive here at just before 8pm. I'll still be available at that point, mind you.

The schedule has been revised with this in mind. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:13 am

That's when Brian gets home.

Hakuna matata. <p>-------------------------

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:34 am

Times for next session, please? I'm ready when you are. <p>-------------------------

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:50 pm

My above schedule stands. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Priam has requested I get this posted up, and he is correct. Sorry I didn't do it sooner. Generally I'm lucky to be online at the end of an RP, so time's a little short. Stuff will go up here. I like giving EXP, once I get over the initial anxiety of scaling it properly... so if we have session and there isn't something up here in short order, make me do it. I'll thank you later.

EXP stuff thus far:

Session one: "WTF."

Everyone gets 50 for general roleplaying justice, and Daniel gets a bonus for dealing with Mitr Penrose and his bizarre telepathically-aided interrogation. Breakdown follows.
<ol>
* Charles "Hell Yes I Want a Free Trial!" Domanada: 50 for enshrining artifacts from the plane of dreams.
* Damian "Official Riddlemaster" Smith: 50 for self-recruiting and saving the GM unneeded stress.
* Daniel "For King and Country" Hyral: 50 for endearing spazzing, 75 for the wizards' council.
* Darin "....and 37 Seconds" Prentiss: 50 for having to go out and do something without Hakaril dragging him.
* Kurt "I Was Fucking Busy!" Eldridge: 50 for the best rhymes this side of Doctor fucking Seuss.
</ol>

Session two: "WTF Myrnal."

450 XP for combat. Everyone gets a bonus of 100 for general roleplaying justice, specifically... putting up with being inside the NPC.
<ol>
* Charles "Can't We Just Talk?" Domanada: 450 for charging right in. 100 for attempting to change imaginary figments of history.
* Damian "Okay, So She's Got Issues" Smith: 450 for protecting the healer! 100 for being The Movie from MST3K.
* Daniel "Halberd SMASH" Hyral: 450 for finally finishing off the old guy. 100 for fearing Myrnal's potential love of cats.
* Darin "This is Okay if I Close My Eyes" Prentiss: 450 for being unable to handle his own badassery. 100 for hating the whole place. HATE HATE HATE.
* Kurt "Please, This is So Obvious" Eldridge: 450 because his SOUL RAGES WITH STRENGTH. 100 for being the constant voice of reason. 30 as promised for the funniest rhyme yet.
</ol> <p>-------------------------

Next

Return to OOC RP Discussion