Vessels of Souls: A MAC RP

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Archmage144

Vessels of Souls: A MAC RP

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:45 am

OK, so, there's been a lot of back and forth on this, and now there's an official recruitment thread, which is part roll-call and part recruitment.

So far, Kai, Nama, Shaun, and Charles have expressed interest; as far as I know all four of you have character sheets (at least one). I'm leaving open the possibility for one more person, but this thread is really to make sure that times are compatible for all four of the people who have currently expressed interest. If not, I'll take someone else instead, so anyone who's interested should post.

I have early class every day of the week; this rules out sessions except on Friday and Saturday evenings/nights. If you can't guarantee your availability for one of those two nights every week, you're ineligible. It is quite likely that Saturday evenings is going to be my preference, but if I get an overwhelming majority of players who want to do Fridays I'm not averse to it.

So post! And for the people listed above, post to confirm or deny availability. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 9/30/06 2:48

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: MAC RP Thing

Unread postby Kai » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:45 am

Presente. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:14 pm

I believe I can be on Friday and Saturday nights, if I try hard enough. However, I need help making a character sheet. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

d20 Optimization Boards</p>

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:20 pm

Lets see. Friday is fine for me, and Saturday as long as it doesn't go too late. Already got something going about 10 PM on Saturdays. Other days must be negotiated for landmines and booby traps and oompa loompas. Damn Oompa Loompas.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:11 pm

*Oompa Loompa bits fly all over everywhere. The shotgun makes short work of it*

Fridays and Saturdays? Hell yeah. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:15 pm

Guaranteed to be here Saturday nights, at least. Potentially Fridays as well. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 9/6/06 20:27

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:34 pm

I'm interested.

:D <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:30 pm

Because someone asked me what the RP was going to be about, a brief introduction:

A sudden ambush out near MAC Igala D in Baron by an unidentified force suspected to be related to the Drow Expansionist Front has left western Igala's MAC forces crippled and unable to defend against subsequent assaults without reinforcements. Survivors report that the enemy mecha bore no identifying insignia that would trace them back to any particular source and that the enemy pilots were particularly ruthless and efficient; while the drow forces are known to be aggressive and vicious, it is unusual for them to totally ignore surrender, as they typically impress POWs into slave labor.

MAC Igala A is dispatching the necessary reinforcements, several mech units with accompanying support personnel, to the Cape Baron outpost point. Without a precisely identified enemy, all units have been placed on stand-by at high alert, preparing for the possibility of another sudden attack... <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:17 pm

<s>Okay, I can't be on tonight. I'll try tomorrow, if that's when we're having it. Sadness.</s> Change in plans, I can be on tonight. I'll still need help with a character. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

d20 Optimization Boards</p>Edited by: Zemyla&nbsp; Image at: 9/8/06 18:58

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:01 pm

Kai, Nama, Shaun, Charles, Shini:

RP will commence this Saturday, September 23rd. If you have a conflict, please post something and say so.

If there are a lot of conflicts and people would prefer to do Friday the 22nd after 9 PM when I get off work, we'll do that instead, but I think Saturday is much more likely.

RP will begin sometime in the afternoon or very early evening when everyone is online and available. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:23 pm

Absolutely. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:21 pm

I should be able to do early evening. Not sure about afternoon; depends on if my mother has any lengthy chores set up. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:16 pm

Either's good. <p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:35 pm

This week, it's all gravy. <p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:33 am

UPDATE:

Shini has Saturday off this week, not Friday. Oh snap! <p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:25 pm

Are you still taking applications? =( <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:23 pm

I believe Brian likely is, given that Bes had just contacted me for aid in mecha construction, amongst other things. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:02 pm

Brian said he might have a place for me on the grounds that Priam was taking an interest. Whee! <p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:37 am

Bes's statement is accurate, but not completely; I said that I might be able to work people in through the process of character rotation as applicable, and this weekend may be an example of just how that's going to work out.

I have to work Sunday morning, so Saturday is pretty much out. Instead, I'm planning a Friday session; since it doesn't look like Shini can likely participate, Tareen won't be involved in this session and I can pick up another participant who will be available on Friday evening. If Priam and or Bes is available at that time and has a character ready, there may indeed be a place for you.

Short version: Session is planned for Friday. If you have a conflict, post. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:06 pm

Works for me. <p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:33 pm

Update!

Shini's gonna have friday off, as he has CHarisma higher than everyone else in the world combined. <p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:52 am

The MAC RP has a title now because it isn't a horrific spoiler to give it to you.

Also, this session went great. For a refresher:

Tareen gets 5 points for incredible dumb luck and ingenuity.
Helena gets 3 points for gross plot exposition power and pulling a ghost out of a mecha.
Oxblood, Serran, and Zeiren get 2 points for bravery on the battlefield.

Shini wins some sort of ridiculous award for rolling a critical hit while using a personal hand weapon on a mecha. Tareen managed to short-circuit a full-sized mech with a heavy blaster rifle, which is something like disabling a tank with an AK-47.

He also gets an award for having mind-reading powers regarding motorcycle usage.

Charles wins the award for being blown up like the little turrets during the battle of Hoth in Empire Strikes Back, but he was a good sport about it.

Next week's session will be Friday or Saturday as best suits people. Post if you have a preference or aren't free on one or the other! <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:44 pm

Friday is my available day this week. :O <p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:48 am

Friday would be better for me this week as well--unless the weather on Saturday is bad.

Why? ACW re-enactment deal I'm going to be going to on Saturday. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:32 pm

I've no issues with that one. <p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:54 pm

A really somewhat late proclamation; I don't know if we're going to have an RP tonight or not, because I've got GM's block this week. It's more probable that we're not, but if I suddenly get inspired and the appropriate personalities are online, you'll get an IM. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:45 pm

Friday and Saturday off this week, due to a vacation being taken which forces me to have those specific days off. <p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:54 am

Unfortunately, this weekend I'm going home, starting Wednesday evening, and am being dragged to attend some sort of wedding. Due to difficulties in securing internet access and my general not being aroundness, I'd say we're not likely to have a session GMed by me this weekend. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:04 pm

Herr GM!

Might we have a CI in its place? <p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:56 pm

You don't need my permission to do that! I'm sure Kai would be interested in helping set that up or whatever, as she mentioned something along those lines.

There is a possibility that I will be coming back early enough on Saturday that we can have a session then; if this is the case, I'll post something as soon as I can. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:39 pm

Yup. I'm all about this. I'll be here all day Friday. <p>-------------------------

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:47 am

Sadly, I won't be back on Friday until about midnightish. Mostly because this month, the condo is Grand Central Station. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:35 pm

MAC CIRP was tonight. I totally have a log.

Oh, and another thing.

"In MAC 3092. War was beginning. What happen? Somebody set us up the mech. We get ghosts. What! Main screen turn on. It's you!!"

Makura's sister: "How are you gentlemen. All your soul are belong to us!" <p>-------------------------

NamagomiMk0

Re: Vessels of Souls: A MAC RP

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:11 am

Right, so barring any irritating surprises, I should be just fine on either day this week. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:19 am

Friday might be better, as I'm moving home Saturday, and am unsure of what the status of my access will be. <p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:25 pm

Hell or high water, there will be a game this weekend, so if for some reason you can't be here, let me know. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:46 pm

I should be good, so long as I'm home. Have to go get Sarah and all. <p>

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:40 pm

Thank goodness I had the High Water earlier this week and not later, right? >:P

Anyway, Friday or Saturday looks good at this point, unless something happens.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:04 am

I will be there. IN THE PAST.

And the future, I guess. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:08 am

Okay. I should be here today (Saturday), if the plot's actually going to be picked up and not postponed for two weeks. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Next

Return to OOC RP Discussion