Vessels of Souls: A MAC RP

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:26 am

Just to reiterate, the 10th is THIS Saturday. It'd be nice if we could get started a little earlier than we usually do, maybe around 6 PM, though I'm aware that might not be possible. We'll see what everyone (myself included) can manage.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:46 pm

I will be there, O Captain, My Captain.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:57 pm

I will try, but no promises on 6PM. Sigov is regularly late for the party, though. :o

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:39 pm

I am free all day, so no problems here.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:37 pm

I should be fine.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:22 am

... this time, with CHIMES on.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:50 am

... hrm. I may need to polish my chimes.

OK, so I have choir tonight. And tomorrow night. And I want to catch the sermon. If I had to pick a night to catch it, I'd pick tonight, as we go till the wee hours with this RP, and Ashley's doesn't. I may just skip the sermon entirely, and not go tomorrow, but show up this afternoon to help tear down for an event they're having in the building.

So... let's see... I'll try to be here before 10 your time. (Curse the time difference!) And Ashley, for you, I'll simply buy a copy of the sermon CD.

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:43 pm

So much for getting started early. The plan is still to have the RP tonight...whenever Charles gets back.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:55 pm

Noted!

Archmage

Unread postby Archmage » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:01 pm

And thus Vessels of Souls comes to an end after last night's conclusion (which left us RPing until like 4:30 AM, but whatever, it was a good time)!

While Investigational Engineer Tareen prepared to blast off into outer space to dismantle the orbital satellite threatening Igala directly, the rest of Delta Unit, rejoined by Makura and Benten Kuragari, stood guard at the launch platform in the middle of a now-evacuated metropolis. True to form, Izue showed up in an attempt to foil their plans, but instead of the expected super-robot, the insane scientist was piloting his stock mecha merged with an enormous, twisted, fetal being that was several hundred feet all! Using the abomination as a focus for his magical powers, Izue managed to cast several spells in the time it would take a normal person to cast one, and he took control of both Serran and Sigov's armors. Sigov, wanting to protect his allies even if it meant destroying his armor, smashed the controls before Izue could do any harm. Serran, on the other hand, nearly destroyed himself and Oxblood with a powerful magnetic mine, and Izue's sonic waves and plasma bursts savaged the city. The battle raged on, each pilot contributing in his own way, until Zeiren managed to land a lucky shot with a flechette cannon and impale both the core controlling mecha and its pilot.

Meanwhile, Tareen was having a blast in low orbit and tearing apart a satellite with laser cutters, pneumatic rams, and her battlesuit-enhanced fists. She got lots of pictures, which will surely make memorable postcards someday, and became the first known amorph in space.

As Izue drew his dying breath, he made a seamless transition into ghosthood--only to find both Helena and Reshtaha waiting patiently to send him to his final resting place (and eternal punishment). Her tasks on the mortal plane completed, Helena revealed her true identity as a celestial of Reshtaha to Delta Unit's members, and she ascended to join her god in the higher planes. She will be sorely missed by Delta Unit, by Zeiren most of all; Cecil's official report states that she fell in battle, fighting valiantly to defeat Izue.

On the other hand, Cecil also told Tareen that Helena had taken a vacation to the astral plane and had to leave her body behind. He figured she deserved a modified and simplified version of the truth lest she go looking for "the bucket" again.

The threat to Igala averted, every member of Delta Unit received a well-deserved promotion and a two-month paid leave with a bonus all-expenses-covered vacation to Argovia.

Every character involved gets 5 CP for completion of the campaign and one free level of military rank. All members of Delta Unit have now reached one rank above Private, which would be Lieutenant, except for Ilya; she's a First Class, which is a half-step between Private and Lieutenant. Helena gets a posthumous promotion because the brass thinks she's dead, but her mortal military rank is largely irrelevant anyway, isn't it?

I'd like to thank everyone for playing. Despite some schedule conflicts and a little stress on my part, we got through everything and it sounds like the people involved all had a good time. I'd particularly like to commend Shini on playing the most excellent version of Tareen ever and Nama for developing perhaps the most interesting character he's put together to date.

Long live MAC! Long live Delta Unit!

Previous

Return to OOC RP Discussion