Explorers Wanted

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Cadeyrn

Explorers Wanted

Unread postby Cadeyrn » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:58 pm

I've made this interesting character, which you can find in the Character Closet, and I want to RP him, so without furthur ado, I give you:

Journey To Yangurra

A mysterious man was hiring help for what he called an epic adventure to another land, far across the sea. By the time the authorities heard about him and linked him to an escapee from one of their warships, it was too late and the man and his small company had escaped on a stolen ship.

The company hired by the man, who calls himself Cadeyrn Cahir, now will have to face not only cyclones, a two thousand kilometre trek across deserts, gibber plains, savannah, dense bushland and rainforest, not to mention being shipwrecked and captured by warrior women, but will also have to evade the might of the Anglic Empire.

In the end, what will become of this small army in a clash between two warring nations? Will they all survive, or will some be killed during the trip. More importantly, who will fight against the conqueroring might of the Anglic Empire.

So, now that you have read the description, I'll fill you in on everything else. This free form RP will take place in the Other RP section and is set in a world where there are three great civillisations:

The Anglic Empire: Conquerors of the known world.

The Hoplites: A race of warrior women who regard men as animals. Their country is on the way to Yangurra.

Yangurra: A massive continent rich in resources. It is what the Anglic Empire now wants to capture.

All of your characters will be mercenaries from the Anglic Empire, although I wouldn't mind a spy.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=cadeyrn@rpgww60462>Cadeyrn</A] at: 12/29/06 17:59

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Re: Explorers Wanted

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:23 pm

Hey Hey. Nice to see you're joining our RP boards. However, in the interest of garnering more interest in this, I suggest you join us on AIM sometime soon. Meet a few of the folks in RPGWW Chat (Our chat room since before the Lapdragons roamed the land) and talk to them. I only suggest this because there is usually a great deal of shyness about joining RPs with "new" people.

Sorry for breaking up the thread, or things like that... <p><span style="font-size:small;">

Currently idolizing - Roger Bacon, Shadow Hearts
Dislikes : Stupid people, Church officials, People that prey on the weak
Method of Destroying the World : Feh. God can do it for me. >:{
Becomes Super Powerful When : ... well F***. When ISN'T he?</span>

"Lunatic? The sages of EVERY age were called that! Let HISTORY decide whether my actions were good or bad. For now, we must forge ahead!"</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:54 pm

I'll try to come up with a character for this if any more people get interested in it.

Cadeyrn

Unread postby Cadeyrn » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:45 am

Unfortuanetly, no chat systems work on my computer. It's a shame, but that's what you get with an ex-government computer.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:21 am

Note the first: AIMexpress.

Note the first no good? Try....

Note the second! Try meebo.com. It's browser-based. All you need is an AOL or AIM account (which you can get for free on their website) and it will work in a tab of its own. It did not always have a chat function, but it does now.

Chat name is RPGWWchat. Feel free to hang out in there if you want people to get to know you a bit before recruiting them. <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"Because we care, my sweet imperialist dog." --Linka to Wheeler</span></p>

Cadeyrn

Unread postby Cadeyrn » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:38 am

Trust me, nothing works.

Battle Accountant

Unread postby Battle Accountant » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:01 am

Sounds interesting. I can probably dream up a character for this.

Sounds like it's going to be a board RP, too, as no IMs work on your comp. Never done a board RP before, but there's a first time for everything!

:D
BA

Edited by: Battle Accountant at: 12/30/06 11:01

Cadeyrn

Unread postby Cadeyrn » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:42 pm

Okay, so we've got two people interested in this board RP. Anyone else?

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:01 pm

Two in two days is pretty good. Don't get impatient; it can take a week or more to fill out an RP to your liking, even if you've been kicking around here a while, and you're brand new.

How many are you looking for for this, not including yourself? I might do this if you can get at least another one or two. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"There are four types of men: one who says what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours - he is a neutral person. One who says what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine is a fool. One who says what's mine is yours and what's yours is yours is righteous. One who says what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine is evil."
-Talmud, Avot 5:13

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

Cadeyrn

Unread postby Cadeyrn » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:15 am

Sorry, if I came across as being impatient, I'm actually used to waiting reasonabley long times. Anyway, I'm aiming to get another two to three people.

Battle Accountant

Unread postby Battle Accountant » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:46 pm

I'm putting my character's info over in character closet, fyi.

I'll put the information in the same format as you presented yours, so that you know where to find the information you need.

After that, I'll type in the next entry in the RP.

BA

Edited by: Battle Accountant at: 1/1/07 12:50

Cadeyrn

Unread postby Cadeyrn » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:57 pm

Okay, thanks.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:39 am

I shall do the same.

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Location: Under the Bed (Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red)

Unread postby Lenore » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:04 pm

Oh, hey, I forgot to post here ^^' My character's info is in the character closet, but I don't know how to link her. Her name is Lenore and she's the first character in my thread.

Link - the Administration <p>----

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones. -John Peel
</p>Edited by: Idran1701 at: 1/3/07 14:24

BattleAccountant
Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!

Anybody out there?

Unread postby BattleAccountant » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:08 am

Is there anything we can do to get this moving a little faster??

I'd like to see where it's going, but I'm getting restless....

BA

BattleAccountant
Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!

WTF?

Unread postby BattleAccountant » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:52 pm

It's been about a month since the last post in this RP, and that was by me. Is this campaign still going or what???
Hey, Farva! What's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:19 pm

It's possibly an indicator that it may be dead, yes. Possibly, anyway.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:53 pm

Yeah, our GM seems to have disappeared. I haven't seen him around for quite a while.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:54 pm

Check on Hidden Realms maybe. I think he's an import. He's been online there in the last day or so. Maybe someone should send him a PM there.

If you guys can't because you don't have accounts, let me know what's up and I can see if I can get in touch with him.

In his defense, I thought he had players disappear for long unannounced spans of time before he stopped posting. I think that's important to note before we start getting too righteous about this.

Edit: Now that I'm looking at post times more carefully, even if posting was slow, it was slow and regular. So eh. Sorry for the unfair statement. Harass away.

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Tue May 01, 2007 11:54 am

In all fairness, it is Lenore's turn to post. Maybe he could start limiting people to, like, two days to post and then move things along if they don't. Or he could poke them sometimes.

I don't know about BA or Lenore, but I don't have an account.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue May 01, 2007 2:12 pm

Well, I sent him a message to see what he wants to do, what his plans are, that sort of thing. If he's given up on the RP, hopefully he'll let me know, and if he hasn't maybe this will remind him.

Either way, ball's in his court now.

Return to OOC RP Discussion