People who give a shit about Baron!

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

People who give a shit about Baron!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:37 pm

Image</div></p>Edited by: Besyanteo&nbsp; Image at: 11/3/06 21:42

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: People who give a shit about Baron!

Unread postby Kai » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:48 pm

Groovy! Thanks for posting this!

Also, Bes and I discussed having a CIRP at some point so that the Baronian characters played around here can get together and gossip or shoot the breeze or whatever. Seems like something PCs might give a damn about. Contact one of us if ya wanna! <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble. --John Wayne</span></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:17 am

... I am interested!

I am in! <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:55 pm

7th of Luciara:

The council attempts to address a restless public, which goes mostly well to start. Significant evidence against Trevor Harvey is made public, convincing many-- breifly.

A wild young woman with long brown hair tied up in a bun, who wears well-worn clothes, stood up in the crowd before the Council's address and incited a riot against the Council and their guards. Her description is making it's way all around the Nation, with orders to arrest her on sight. Her identity is still as yet unknown to the Baronian government. Descriptions of her suspected accomplices, a man with one eye crimson and the other blue, and an elderly woman who was later identified as Sheila Hyral, are also being made known to every guard in the kingdom. The people are assured, through the daily news posts, that these terrorists will be aprehended.

There was also an arrest that is causing some small amount of sensation: Kobakk, Knight under King Harvey, was subdued and taken into custody after assaulting several guards, asword in hand. It is believed he may have been drunk at the time, fighting erratically, taking out his greif over the loss of the Kingdom's ruler one the guards. This, taken into account long with other factors, has commuted the normal penalty of death. However, the sentence he will serve instead has been left vague. Kobakk is now being held in Fort Eagle Rock, also known as "The Vulture's Roost".

Eagle Rock is the Peninsula to the south of Rosalia, and the penal colony earns it's name from the fate of it's prisoners: Whether they're lifers, or meant to serve their sentence and be executed in the prison, no man sent to the Eagle Rock comes back. Exceptions are very rare.

The council is doing it's best to clean up the political mess of the 7th. However, thus far, little progress has been made. <p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:33 pm

Ok, so, there's been some interest in an RP to go rescue Kobakk. Two things about that: Before we do anything, I need to know who all is interested, and you all need to figure out how you're going to do that. I can't very well drop a plan into your lap, after all.

So, my thoughts on this so far: People who are interested, post here. I'll do my best to get all your characters together in a couple chat CI sessions, and then with any luck, you all can ICly put together a plan of action. Sound good to folks? Give me replies! <p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:39 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:green;">Hey... I wouldn't mind getting out of here. Y'know, if that DIMITRIA lady helped out, that'd be nice. Or that TAI person... or the CRAZY CHICK THAT STARTED THE RIOT... heck, I'd even take THAT OLD LADY'S help...

Just saying, is all... <.<</span>
<p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:55 pm

Yeah, I think Jeff would be up for this. Though he'd be looking to rescue other people besides Kobakk. After all, he can't be the only person the new government threw in there because he was a little too vocal in his criticisms. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:59 pm

Well, it was also for beating up city guards for no real reason.

But details, details. <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble. --John Wayne</span></p>

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:29 pm

...I'm in.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:48 pm

Hot damn. <p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:53 pm

I'd be interested. How so, I'm open to suggestions.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:58 pm

Dave: Talk to me online some time? :o <p>

Battle Accountant

Unread postby Battle Accountant » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:22 am

I'm up for it!

:D
BA

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:42 am

Ammending this, because I sense some confusion from different people:

The only person sent to Ft. Eagle Rock due to the Riot was Kobakk. Well, so far. There could be other folks there people want to get out for whatever reasons, but sending several thousand people from the Baronian capital there all at once... yeeeeaaahh... No. <p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:38 pm

I need to do this more regularly. Bah.

Ok, so, missions to rescue Kobakk... We need a definite time for folks to plan that out together. Post avaliabilities, anyone still interested/newly interested.

As for outstanding warrants: They've all been canceled, with the exception of the one for the woman who incited that Riot, and the man with the red and cerulean eyes.

The Council has discovered a stockpile of immense wealth in the castle that is not accounted for by the Department of Treasury. It has been concluded that these are funds that the old King meant to use to fund his war efforts, withheld from the people. In a 3-6 vote, the council determined to redistribute this wealth among the citizens of Baron, as it was originally meant to be.

The deconstruction of the Airships of the airships still remaining in Cidolfas Airfield was scheduled to begin in the coming week. However, after the events that took place in Doma, the order was halted, while the ruling body considers the potential implications of airborne Argovian attacks on Igala. It has been noted with some chagrin that the old King did have most of the preliminary work done in this area already.

Finally, the council now feels that the decision to exile Trevor Harvey without trial may have been made in haste. He may, if he chooses, return to Baron to recieve his day in court. However, it has been noted that under the law as it is written, if he is found guilty at this Trial he will be quickly executed before the public. Man dissidents have been quick to note, however, that the reverse is likely true if the king is found innocent, and the council may face execution instead.

As an OOC note, if Dave wants Trevor to head on back for a trial, we'll figure out a date between the two of us. <p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:24 pm

Yeah, I'm doing this poorly. I'll put together something else between Chuck and myself for Kobakk.

It occurs to me that Dave doesn't browse the forum regularly, so I'll grab him soon. Plans for actual RP to come from this once again soon! <p>

BattleAccountant
Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!

Unread postby BattleAccountant » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:20 pm

How goes the planning???

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:19 pm

This is Kai and I give a shit about Baron.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:13 pm

Going to work with Dave to get someone new done with Baron soon. One way or another, there will be new content here before the end of the month.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:31 am

I asm a horrible person, and I am still trying. x_x

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:58 pm

I got permission to NPC Trevor, and things are happening again!

Trevor never arrived for the trial he was offered, and the Council has declared that he was given the people of Baron his answer. He is guilty as was suspected, and rightfully removed before he could cause any more harm.

Rumor has it that the King may have been kidnapped and taken to The Vulture's Roost when he was discovered at the border. People claim it would certainly explain why the entire royal fleet was dispatched after an attack was staged on the prison, which lasted for a mere 7 minutes with only one shot fired by the attacking vessel at sea. Rumor also has it that the fleet was lost. These rumors are waved off as being ridiculous by officials, but the amount of wreckage washing up on BAronian shores seems to claim otherwise.

There have been unsubstantiated reports of sightings of Kobakk Dorland in the city of Rosalia.

Ok folks: This is about to finaly, way over due, turn into an actual RP like I meant for it to. Tai, Ashley and Tara being the people who are potentially in so far. Chuck is definitely in. Any others?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:03 pm

I'm in with Tassi.

I'm available on Wednesday evenings after 7 until about midnight, Thursdays after nine, and Fridays. Once Drawing the Line is finished, Sundays will open up if necessary.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:03 pm

... crap. My availability is going to be horrendous until after St. Patrick's Day. The evenings I'm not in play practice, I'm either at choir or working late. Saturdays, for the short term, look best, but NOTHING will be consistent after that till my play is done.

Sorry. I'll try.

BattleAccountant

Unread postby BattleAccountant » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Hot dang! Glad to see this is happening.

I'm available in the evenings probably after 7-ish.

Will be using Dimitria.
Hey, Farva! What's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

BattleAccountant

Unread postby BattleAccountant » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:12 pm

Any more volunteers for this RP? I'm totally jonesin' for it.

BA
Hey, Farva! What's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:58 pm

My status is the same. Still interested.

I know that Bes wants to get this done, but he's very busy. He'll get there when he can, because I know that he's just as antsy as you are, Tara.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:26 pm

I'm just gonna have to do it with fewwer people than I'd like. ... Do people have any objection to this being board based? It wouldn't move as quickly, but it would make scheduling a non-issue.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:52 am

I could handle it, but board RPs always worry me. I know that I prefer them to go much faster than some of the other people who'd be playing.

I can at least guarantee you that I would do it, and that I'd be able to commit to it, yes.

BattleAccountant

Unread postby BattleAccountant » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:33 pm

Ditto with Ashley.

I'd prefer the quickness of a chat RP, but I'd definitely participate in a board RP for this.

Tax season is almost over, so I'll have my evenings and weekends back (WOOT!) in order to participate on a regular basis.

BA

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:48 pm

I offer sunday nights, then. Are people avalaible on sunday nights?

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:32 pm

Once Ashley's RP is over, yeah. But that SHOULD be next week.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:59 pm

... Ok. I've put this off far, far too long. We're moving ahead without Tara, and come hell or high water this is starting soon. This week, and this week only (6/30 - 7/6) people who already have PhilSys sheets, of any level, can apply to join Kobakk and Tassi on crazy adventures.

This will be a chat RP, if I can run it that way. A board RP if schedules don't work out or if someone just abhors the idea of doing it in chat, and other folks agree. I would really like to do this in chat because it's just faster that way.

As for my availability as GM, at the moment I can do pretty much any evening after 8PM EST except Saturday, which is a day when I run a different RP.

Chuck and Ashley: Times?

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 pm

I completely, COMPLETELY forgot to mention I'd be on vacation for last and this week. And there was far less internet access available to me than I thought (case in point: I'll be back late Sunday). So, um... sometime next week? I still haven't gotten my hours... <.<

BattleAccountant

I'm a bad bad girl

Unread postby BattleAccountant » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:31 am

Per my conversation with Bes the other day: I am still interested.

I'm available Wednesdays, Fridays, and weekends.

Peace out.

BA

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:47 am

This has gotten to be entirely too frustrating. I''ve already talked to Ashley... Chuck, I hope you'll understand this. I'm cancelling the RP and doing a writeup. I'll post it here and update the Baron wiki sometime over the course of the week. ... Kobakk is still eligible for the follow up RP, which will be board based. I'd offer Tassi a place, but I believe Ashley wanted to use Myrnal for that and she's definitely welcome to do so when that begins.

Tara... I do understand what kept you from being around, as it's been explained to me. I don't want you to feel guilty or responsible or anything.

I got done sooner than I expected to! Without further ado:

Tassi Wells, Sheila Hyral, Taiar Valcrist, and a few others, pursued by the High Councilor's Guard, fled the Capital of Baron. Apparently the Council took poorly tothe riot incited in the month of Luciara, and it had been just long enough since them for most of the common folk to forget their names. On suggestion from Sheila Hyral, they made their way to the Tanascus Archives; A fairly close facility between the capital, Ordana and Port Sleipnir, it seemed an ideal place to hide: Open to the public, politically neutral and regularly filled with peoples of all nations, they could easily go unnoticed. Once there, Tassi meets a middle aged man by the name of Jethro Miller. After some unwanted flirting, and lengthy conversation, he convinces her and the others to allow him to join them.

Meanwhile, Kobakk, Ex-General of the Baronian Army Hernandez, several Paladins, Dark Knights, dragoons, mage knights, and many many soldiers and sailors still loyal to the crown, left port Rosalia. They planned to seek temporary refuge within the walls of Port Sleipnir, where they could begin to make plans for their next move largely unnoticed by the Council and theri soldiers. However, a few days out they run into a sizable armed force, paladins and soldiers loyal to the council, preparing to assault the Tanascus Archives. Discovered and unable to simply let the men decimate the peaceful haven of knowledge and magic, they responded quickly with deadly force. However, despite their efforts, a small group of the enemy did enter the Archives and begin to wreak Havoc. Kobakk, quickly gathering four others to aid him, pursued. Within, Kobakk discovered Tassi and her party, who quickly came ot his aid, healing him and his fellow fighters. Ultimately, many lives were still lost within and without the walls of the great library. Still, the attack was foiled. The surviving visitors, scholars and mages set to work repairing the damage they could, and Trevor's men helped to bury the dead. While they worked, Tassi discovered an old records room in the basement of the building, once sealed and blown open by magical crossfire during the assault. Within, she found something vital: Shipping records, penned by the High Councilor himself, dated 1298. Apparently, 2 months before the destruction of the great city, something large was moved into the city. What this object was is not clear, but there was a substantial amount of Zante dedicated to paying for it's shipping and guards. Further, there are also orders to have these records sealed within the archives. They have all the appropriate approvals, but they have all been obtained within a day of the shipping order. Further research revealed that more than a few of the owners of these signatures went missing, or were already dead at the date of signing. It was never noticed because this record was also sealed away. A great deal of effort was gone to to hide this information away.

Tassi immediately pushed for the survivors of the battle to take this information to Doma. They simply did not have the manpower to act on this alone, and it would be too easily destroyed or confiscated if something should happen to them. Trevor agreed grudgingly, understanding the logic behind this. At the same time, it was plain for all to see the pent up rage within him at what had happened, and was still happening, to the country of Baron. They set out as quickly as they could. Three weeks after the battle at Tanascus, the caravan arrived at the gates of the city of Doma.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:00 pm

Man. Tassi seems all... heroic and stuff.

Also, I look forward to this going to board. Might be the first time in a while I have a chance to do anything with Myrnal in Gaera, which is sad considering she was originally a Gaeran character.

Thanks for the summary, and I'll be around when you want to do board things.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:48 pm

I just wanted to pop here and say this is incredibly awesome, and I think I had dreams about stuff/wiki entries like this long ago. I don't really know how I could be of help, but if you need some fabricated things, I'll rack my brains.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:34 pm

Ok Chuck, I know you've read this at least twice. You've told me as much. What the hell is Doma doing with and about the refugees and the information they have?

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:12 pm

Wellp...

Obviously, as is his nature and policy, any and all refugees will be welcomed with open arms. And upon hearing the accusations against the council, he will want to meet with his new "friends" to the west, and see what kind of people they are...

He'll probably take his arrowproof vest for this one...

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:40 am

I think you just call that "chainmail".

Return to OOC RP Discussion