This is Relevant and Important

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Archmage144

Re: I reply in great justice.

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:36 pm

Oh yeah, I did put up the template. I still intend to provide an example, however, because it might not be completely self-explanatory...

Also, that Blue Mage is really, really interesting, but on account of pain-in-the-ass-ness I don't think I'm going to allow it unless Dave wants to play one (Midoku), and I don't know if he even has time to be involved. No one else is allowed to play one, because I'm spiteful and mean and only make exceptions for people that I actually like. D: <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/13/05 16:52

pd Rydia

Re: Re: Re: Stuff

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:36 pm

"SPEAK TO ME IN THE QUEEN'S ENGLISH!"

Holy shit, I totally forgot about that person. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

Archmage144

Re: Re: Re: Stuff

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:25 pm

An example character sheet with the template!

Hakaril! This sheet does not conform to the level and equipment restrictions I gave you guys--it's just an example of a character sheet using the template. <p>

</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Hooray for DND!

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:49 pm

Here's my sheet, just for reference. Sanctioned by un Brian himself! <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

Archmage144

Re: Hooray for DND!

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:51 pm

Minor note: Your attacks with the wakizashi are at +21/+16 and +21/+16 each. You might want to denote that as simply +21/+21/+16/+16, but you don't have to. <p>

</p>

Archmage144

D&D in Gaera--changes to rules for setting

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:02 am

This gets a separate post because it's important enough to warrant it!

Several things, ICly, change their function or purpose in Gaera from how they are described in D&D's ruleset. This is to preserve Gaera's setting details as best possible. All game mechanics, for the most part, will remain unchanged except when noted otherwise. Basically, make any changes that make sense--assume that most restrictions on character classes are nonexistent, because the character's personality dominates over class/alignment stereotypes in all cases. Alignments, on that note, are subjective except for the purposes of spells (like protection from good or whatever). In any case where a class/race says something like "any evil" or "always good" or whatever, I'm willing ignore just about everything except polar opposites that make no sense based on character archetype. No evil paladins. No good blackguards. A lawful good illithid would be rare, but could happen. There might just be a chaotic evil archangel. Whatever.

The biggest issue I keep hearing about regards magic. In Gaera, all magic is a result of innate capacity. "Wizards" in Gaera are individuals with weaker auras or arcane wills, so instead of using force-of-will aura manipulation, they memorize incantations that boost the strength of their auras temporarily to achieve certain effects. Unfortunately, this specific type magical of incantation's ability to grant the caster a stronger will is a result of the incantation itself having a will. This means that magical spells memorized by wizards technically have a form of sentience--they exist, as rudimentary astral beings, in the mind and aura of the wizard. When cast, their will expended, they flicker out of existence. This is why a wizard wishing to cast the same spell twice must memorize it twice--he must store two "copies" of the astral entity that allows him to shove the astral plane about in his aura.

Sorcerers, on the other hand, cast magic in the "true" Gaeran fashion--most Gaeran spellcasters are sorcerers. (This is part of why I'm using an alternate template for their character class and changing a few rules. I encourage people to play them.) They use their personal force of will (represented in D&D by the Charisma stat) to manipulate the astral instead of binding ephemeral astral spirits in the form of magical incantations. In fact, many sorcerers look down on wizards as inferior spellcasters because of their inability to have any true power on their own and their reliance on spellbooks to store the names and rituals for conjuring the astral entities responsible for granting their power.

What this means is that the statements in the D&D ruleset about sorcerers having "no reason to work together" and whatnot because they "don't learn spells as wizards do" are false. Gunnir is primarily comprised of sorcerers, by D&D standards--a sorcerer's spells are still learned, but they are cast by the power of the sorcerer alone. The reason for the limit on how many spells a sorcerer can "know" is a result of the fact that a person's aura is only capable of being taught to bend in so many different ways, effectively limiting the number of spells one sorcerer can ever have access to. A sorcerer must have very a intimate mastery of every spell he can cast, and the aura's abilities have limits.

I'm still working on a way to allow for further expand the sorcerer's repetoire to reflect this setting change--possibly a bonus to spells known based on base charisma (unmodified by equipment), or perhaps based on intelligence, or a feat that would have a similar effect. I'll let you all know when I figure it out!

Edit: All spontaneous casters, incidentally, operate the same way as the sorc, so if anyone points me to some class like bard, warmage, or whatever, yeah, same explanation. Seeing as how I more or less invented it when I came up with my red mage base class, I think it's a good thing to apply universally.

Edit the second: Divine casters already get their power from deities in Gaera, or at the very least, they think they do--Aya has been quoted on occasion as saying "my power comes from my god, obviously!" in protest to Kamos' telling her that all magic was a result of mortal power. Power is granted in the form of astral incantations that hang out in your aura/brain, as a wizard, if you're the type who prepares spells. If you aren't (like the favored soul, and I'd love to see people playing those over clerics in a lot of cases), refer to the sorcerer! <p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 1:11

Archmage144

Re: D&D in Gaera--changes to rules for setting

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:13 pm

I have a couple more notes to make about equipment and items that everyone is buying. This is going to mean some of you will have to rework your sheets, unfortunately, but you'll just have to deal with it. :(

I said no items with greater than roughly 50,000 gp value, which basically limits you to +5 weapons. However, I'm revising this a little--no weapon or armor can have an enhancement bonus greater than +3. Any enhancement bonus with a special ability that brings the item's total cost up to being the same as a previously mentioned item is allowed.

The reason I'm doing this is that a +5 longsword is a really boring weapon, and a +5 mythril plate mail suit of armor is equally generic. I'd like to encourage everyone to "design," using the available weapon and armor special abilities, more interesting items--alternately, to buy some of the pre-listed special, "named" items. In addition, if you suggest a magic item that would be unique to your character to me, I'll design stats for it and designate a cost--and if you do this, you can spend more than 50,000 on the item (but only once; I'll design any number of unique items, but only one special unique item can be worth more than 50,000 gp).

The other reason is that with 250,000 gp, your character can hypothetically afford the following:

+5 full plate (26,150 gp)
+5 weapon (~50,000 gp)
+5 shield (~25,000 gp)
+5 ring of protection (50,000 gp)
+5 amulet of protection (50,000 gp)

This is theoretically a close-to-optimal way to spend your money if you're trying to twink out (and wear heavy armor). The average character will have somewhere around 40 AC with this setup, and a fighter will find his attacks are extremely accurate and quite deadly. It also produces a character with really boring items and no good explanation as to where most of them came from. Sure, you're not all-powerful or anything, but your character's inventory is dull and cookie-cutter. You might swap things around and wind up with a second weapon instead of a shield or whatever, but seriously. This is the "ideal" fighter setup--for a rogue or caster it will necessarily be different, but you can still do similar things.

Therefore--invest in neat wondrous items! Invest in named items! Buy things that are interesting over things that are powerful! Ask me about custom items or named items, because I've got a short list already and would love to expand it! You're getting to define your character's personality by their inventory more than in previous RPs (especially Philsys, where most GMs gave out magic items less often, including myself), so take advantage of it.

Edit: Especially look at wondrous items that have non-combat or tool purposes. You will probably need them. <p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 17:18

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:50 pm

Just a note, and AM might gainsay me on this.

Gaeran griffons are formed by adding the lycanthrope template to an elf, and using the standard D&D griffon as the base creature (despite the fact that it's a magical beast). However, you do not have the hybrid form or the curse of lycanthropy.

Standard D&D griffons do not exist.

If you need accurate stats on them, ask me.

edit - cleaned up a double post - Squintz <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>Edited by: Squintz Altec&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 20:50

Archmage144

Re: This is Relevant and Important

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:12 pm

I'm going to say "sure, whatever" and then promptly tell you to ask Zemyla if you want to play a griffon.

Also, since someone asked--bracers of armor do not stack with regular armor. You cannot wear plate and bracers, or any other type of standard body armor, for that matter. <p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 21:13

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:22 pm

Here is a magical link for your perusal. They are magic items.

Edit: This is a list of custom magic items. Of course, you can't buy some of the items on the list, like the codex or the orbs of dragonkind.

Edit Mk II: This here is a list of more magic spells. Enjoy!

Edited by: Squintz Altec&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 22:27

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:38 pm

I also encourage people to use interesting weapons. You don't have to settle for the longsword with every fighter! Use some of the exotic weapons on that list, such as the whip dagger, mercurial greatsword, double crossbow, or expanding katar, or try some of these: butterfly sword, jitte, tonfa, nagamaki, naginata, lajatang, sang kauw, or any of the other weapons from the Oriental Adventures list (if you can explain why your character would have them, of course).

If anyone needs/wants information about some sort of specialized weapon type, feel free to ask.

Edit: When I set a cap on bonuses for magic items, that applies to rings and amulets of protection as well as cloaks of resistance. No +5 AC or universal save bonuses from any item--+3 is the max. <p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/16/05 17:19

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:54 am

Does that include stat boosting items such as Girdles of Giant Strength, etc? Since if so that restricts them to the +2 variety. <p>

And, wherefore there should be laughing,
There shalt be crying, as hate and anger reign,
Where all must tread,
And joy is forced to come,
Only to those alone.</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:37 pm

No. Those can be any value you want, but if you ask for the universal-stat boosting and utterly unbalanced belt of brilliance from the Miniatures book I'm going to hook you in the eye.

Anyone that's curious why it's unbalanced: Bonuses to all your stats that you'd normally have to wear six different magic items for (and you can only wear one item in each body slot), and to boot, it costs less than buying the six items individually! Which is odd, because in the DM's guide when it explains how to price custom magic items, it explicitly states that having two item abilities share the same body slot if they would otherwise occupy different spots costs extra! <p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/17/05 16:50

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:33 pm

Another character sheet.

Kelne2261: Just need to add in the physical description, and work out where the class breakdown goes.
Arch mage144: Even though that isn't listed, I discern that he is a rogue/sorc/arcane trickster!
Arch mage144: Wait no, bard.
Arch mage144: Rogue/bard/arcane strickster.
Arch mage144: ...wait, red mage. XD

Behold the multitalented skills of the Red Mage. <p>KnightsofSquare: DarkLordKelne is a tomboy bunnygirl, jealous of the business successes of her 37 older brothers, she is pursuing her own business degree in hopes of someday initiating a hostile takeover against her brothers' corporations.</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:29 am

Random note--the +3 restriction does not apply to bracers of armor. They don't stack with any existing physical armor anyway, so you're welcome to get +7 (the max you can afford under 50,000) if you so desire. Your business if you want to spend that much money as a wizard, sorc, monk, whatever.

Also, if your character has an item creation feat, and you want him to make his own equipment and items, you can, as long as you meet the prereqs. This means that you can have an item with a base cost of 100,000 gp (because it only costs you 50,000 gp) as long as you meet the requirements for crafting the item. You also have to pay 1/25 the item's base price in XP, as normal, but this does not cause you to lose a level, because you couldn't normally pay XP if it would cause you to lose one--you simply subtract your item's XP cost from your total 105,000 XP, and it will take you longer to reach 120,000 XP to level up. So while this rule lets an item creating character to have a 100,000 gp item, they do have to pay 4,000 XP to do so. Your call if you want to make that tradeoff.

This means that a character can start the game with self-made scrolls, potions, wands, staves, arms and armor, or wondrous items as long as they're willing to sacrifice XP for saving the GP, and it lets them get items they couldn't normally buy.
<p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/18/05 19:42

Archmage144

House Rules

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:01 pm

These are house rules that I use as a GM when running D&D 3.5. Other GMs are welcome to use them, and I'd think it's a good idea for the sake of consistency, but it's really up to the individual.

•Drinking a potion vial is a move-equivalent action, not a standard action (as long as the potion is close at hand--the character is wearing it on his belt or it's in a handy haversack, for example).
•Moving into a character's threat range provokes an attack of opportunity, not just moving out. This means getting initiative is even more valuable than before, and it improves the value of the Combat Reflexes feat. It essentially means that if you wait for your opponent to come to you, you are assumed to have readied an action to counterattack as soon as they step into your threat range.
•At GM's option, some instant-kill spells instead reduce a character to -1 HP. No amount of healing, magical or otherwise, can cause a character knocked out in this manner to regain consciousness until combat is over, but he can be stabilized to prevent death by blood loss. This can be applied to any of phantasmal killer, finger of death, destruction, implosion, slay living, wail of the banshee, power word kill, and weird. This is mostly to prevent lots of character death at high levels. It does not apply to disintegrate, since in 3.5 it deals damage instead of instantly killing the target. The Diehard feat does not help you--you're still out until the end of battle.
•The window for death can be extended to -(Character ECL) or -(10 + CON mod), depending on GM preference, again to prevent assloads of character death.

I might put up more of these later if I think of any of the other rules I used during my campaigns. <p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/18/05 23:27

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:16 am

For Charsheets:

I'm currently hosting them on my webspace. They're all going to be put in there, in an open directory format. What's this mean? Well, just click on the charsheet you want to open, that's what. They're in alphabetical order by RPer.

Here's the sheets!

Archmage144

Re: House Rules

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:31 pm

Suggested by Zemyla and implemented as soon as he suggested it--all spellcasters in Gaera, arcane and divine, have the following class ability:

Detect magic (presence of auras) at will at 1st caster level, Detect magic (number of auras) at will at 3rd level, and detect magic (location of auras) at 6th level. This requires concentration, just like the spell. <p>

</p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:23 am

Alrighty, attempt #1 at converting one of my characters:

Stephan Hyral

Few things I already know are issues:
Forgot to include travel gear (bedroll/etc), will add at a later time.
Haven't picked my two bonus evocation spells yet.

Just curious if there's anything I'm overlooking or doing wrong.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:57 pm

Small note--you can't wear two amulets, and you're wearing both an amulet of health and an amulet of protection, I think. Didn't notice any other problems! <p>

</p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:27 pm

Crap, must've missed that mixing/matching equipment =/

Hmmm... +3 AC or +30 HP *ponders*

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:43 pm

Right: I haven't seen anyone else's sheet, and this is my very first. I've had about... 6 or more people help me or give me advice on this, so hopefully it's ok.

The Character...

...and all his crap. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:45 pm

I had a thought. I think that people with an innate spell-like ability should be able to use spell completion and spell trigger items as if they had the spell on their "spells known" list.

If the idea sucks, tell me. <p>-----

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:55 pm

I'll agree with that after you prove to me that you're not going to use it to break the system somehow. <p>

</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm

Y'know, I can't help but wonder what the Barbarian Ninja class would look like...

[/Random thought] <p>KnightsofSquare: DarkLordKelne is a tomboy bunnygirl, jealous of the business successes of her 37 older brothers, she is pursuing her own business degree in hopes of someday initiating a hostile takeover against her brothers' corporations.</p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:35 am

Well, for that, you could just train in both Rogue / Barbarian =P

Or!

Have it a prestige class, with prereqs of Sneak Attack +whatever / # Rages per day / Pet rock familiar =[

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:17 pm

AM: Well, considering I need to spend the money to get the item anyway, I'm not seeing the brokenness.

EDIT: Revival of post. Because it's Relevant and Important. <p>-----

</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>Edited by: Zemyla&nbsp; Image at: 6/14/05 11:34

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:39 pm

Yes, of course. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that my character sheet was deleted and lost to the Abyss, so here it is again.

elemaer.virtue.nu/XLd20.txt <p>

"En Taro Washington!" -Spleen.</p>

ziratha

Unread postby ziratha » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:03 am

Hi, i was just curious, what happened to that book? i think its something I would like to someday interact with, if at all possible...

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:46 pm

Note: The Suel Arcanamach from Complete Arcane is now officially the "Valthi Arcanamach".

Also: New prestige class, the Barbarian Ninja!

Hit Die: d10

Requirements:
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Skills: Intimidate 10 ranks, Move Silently 6 ranks, Hide 6 ranks
Feats: Cleave
Special: Rage or frenzy ability, sneak attack +2d6

Class Skills:
Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex).
Skill Points per Level: 4 + Int modifier.

<table>
<tr><th>Level</th><th>BAB</th><th>Fort</th><th>Ref</th><th>Will</th><th>Special</th></tr>
<tr><td>1st</td><td>+1</td><td>+2</td><td>+2</td><td>+0</td><td>Sneak attack +1d6, stealthy rage</td></tr>
<tr><td>2nd</td><td>+2</td><td>+3</td><td>+3</td><td>+0</td><td>Rage +1/day, uncanny dodge</td></tr>
<tr><td>3rd</td><td>+3</td><td>+3</td><td>+3</td><td>+1</td><td>Great Cleave</td></tr>
<tr><td>4th</td><td>+4</td><td>+4</td><td>+4</td><td>+1</td><td>Sneak attack +2d6</td></tr>
<tr><td>5th</td><td>+5</td><td>+4</td><td>+4</td><td>+1</td><td>Improved uncanny dodge</td></tr>
<tr><td>6th</td><td>+6</td><td>+5</td><td>+5</td><td>+2</td><td>Powerful sneak attack</td></tr>
<tr><td>7th</td><td>+7</td><td>+5</td><td>+5</td><td>+2</td><td>Sneak attack +3d6</td></tr>
<tr><td>8th</td><td>+8</td><td>+6</td><td>+6</td><td>+2</td><td>Rage +2/day</td></tr>
<tr><td>9th</td><td>+9</td><td>+6</td><td>+6</td><td>+3</td><td></td></tr>
<tr><td>10th</td><td>+10</td><td>+7</td><td>+7</td><td>+3</td><td>Surprising cleave</td></tr>
</table>

Class Features

All of the following are class features of the barbarian ninja.

Sneak Attack (Ex): This is exactly like the rogue ability of the same name. If the barbarian ninja gains a sneak attack ability from another source, the bonuses stack. It starts at +1d6 at 1st level and goes up by another +1d6 each 3 levels after that.

Stealthy Rage (Ex): The barbarian ninjas of Gre'Par'Th are trained to be able to sneak up on their enemies even while frenzied. Thus, the barbarian ninja gains the ability to use the Hide, Move Silently, and Tumble skills in a rage.

Rage (Ex): The barbarian ninja gains the ability to use his rage or frenzy ability an additional time per day at 2nd level and another additional time per day at 8th level.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At 2nd level, a barbarian ninja retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. If a barbarian ninja already has uncanny dodge from a different class, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Great Cleave: At 3rd level, a barbarian ninja gains the Great Cleave feat for free, even if he does not meet the prerequisites.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At 5th level and higher, a barbarian ninja can no longer be flanked. This defense denies a rogue the ability to sneak attack the barbarian ninja by flanking him, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target has barbarian ninja levels. If a character already has uncanny dodge from a second class, the character automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum level a rogue must be to flank the character.

Powerful Sneak Attack (Ex): Starting at 6th level, the barbarian ninja can make powerful and precise attacks. Thus, if he makes both a sneak attack and gets a critical hit in the same attack, the sneak attack damage is multiplied by the critical multiplier of his weapon.

Surprising Cleave (Ex): A 10th level barbarian ninja can surprise his opponents with his power. When the barbarian ninja gains an extra attack from the Cleave feat, the foe he attacks with it is denied his Dex bonus (and can be sneak attacked). <p>-----

</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>Edited by: Zemyla&nbsp; Image at: 6/28/05 12:21

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Revives out of paranoia =[*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:16 am

Figured I might as well give this a slight bump instead of starting a new thread. Now the question:

Daniel Hyral's D&D Sheet

Did I get it right this time, or is anything messed up? =[

Zemyla

*another revival*

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:21 pm

Also, I <s>demand</s> request the stats for an usagijin.

EDIT: Odd question. How does a D&D gold relate to the gil? <p>-----

</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>Edited by: Zemyla&nbsp; Image at: 3/22/06 16:40

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: *Revives out of paranoia =[*

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:42 pm

For anyone else who wants to use it, Brian just made this for me:

Garoujin

+2 CON, -2 INT.

Low-light vision.
Scent (Ex).
+2 racial bonus on saving throws to resist effects with the cold subtype, but -2 racial penalty to resist effects of the fire subtype.

Automatic Languages: Common, Garoujin (I assume they have a language)

Natural weapons: 2 claws, damage 1d4 and bite damage 1d6.

+2 Spot and Listen.
+4 Survival bonus when tracking by Scent.
+4 racial bonus on Constitution checks made to endure cold weather.

Favored Class: Barbarian. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Zemyla

Necessary information!

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:14 pm

Dragon Magazine came out with stats for a chocobo. I am posting them here.

Chocobo
Large animal
Hit Dice: 4d8+8 (25 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares)
AC: 14 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +3 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+10
Attack: Bite +6 melee (1d8+4)
Full Attack: Bite +6 melee (1d8+4) and claw +1 melee (1d6+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +4
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 16, Cha 8
Skills: Jump +18, Listen +8, Spot +9
Feats: Endurance, Run
Organization: Solitary, pair, or flock (8-20 adults plus 2-5 young)
Challenge Rating: 2
Advancement: 5-7 HD (Large), 8-9 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: -

Skills: Like most avians, chocobos have keen eyesight, giving them a +6 bonus on Spot checks.
Chocobos can be a special mount for paladins. They can be an animal companion for a 4th level druid, and they are treated as a druid of three levels lower for purposes of animal companion abilities. They can be summoned by Summon Nature's Ally II. <p>-----

</span>

d20 Optimization Boards</p>Edited by: Zemyla&nbsp; Image at: 11/21/06 23:23

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:22 pm

...dammit, now you tempt me to make a sheet for Forte.

Bastard >=[

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Necessary information!

Unread postby Kai » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:36 pm

Bes asked for this, and it was the only thing of its kind I found on this computer.

Anyway, the de-suckification of the D&D sorcerer as Brian apparently figured it out.

A sorcerer using this variant gives up the ability to obtain a familiar.

SORCERER (non-epic)
1 Combat Casting
2 Innate arcana
3 Metamagic proficiency +1
4 Innate arcana
6 Innate arcana
7 Metamagic proficiency +2
8 Innate arcana
9 Spell penetration
10 Innate arcana
11 Metamagic proficiency +3
12 Innate arcana
14 Innate arcana
15 Metamagic proficiency +4
16 Innate arcana
17 Greater spell penetration
18 Innate arcana
19 Metamagic proficiency +5
20 Innate arcana

Combat Casting: free at 1st level.
Innate Arcana: Gain 1 bonus spell/day or 1 bonus spell known at any spell level you
can cast at that level.
Metamagic Proficiency: Cast metamagic enhanced spells without increased spellcasting time so long as spell level increase is equal to or less than proficiency.
Spell Penetration: free at 9th level.
Greater Spell Penetration: free at 17th level.

Sorcerer (epic)
21 ---
22 Innate arcana
23 Bonus feat
24 Innate arcana
25 ---
26 Bonus feat, innate arcana
27 ---
28 Innate arcana
29 Bonus feat
30 Innate arcana

New bonus feat: Epic Metamagic - cast any metamagic spells without increased spellcasting
time.
Bonus Feat List: Same as normal epic sorcerer. <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble. --John Wayne</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/1/06 23:56

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:48 pm

Hey, strange question, Brian. Does Metamagic Proficiency +4 mean that Sorcerers who get to level 15 can start using Quicken Spell? <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"There are four types of men: one who says what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours - he is a neutral person. One who says what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine is a fool. One who says what's mine is yours and what's yours is yours is righteous. One who says what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine is evil."
-Talmud, Avot 5:13

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

Archmage144

Re: Necessary information!

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:10 pm

Yes. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:55 pm

So, I got bored the other day while talking with people about DnD. Dragons came up! After a lot of discussion, I decided it might be fun to try to build a DnD template for playing a Gaeran Dragon. I've had a couple people look at it, and I'd like to get more opinions on it here.
Code: Select all
Aldrosian Dragon
At level 1, choose an elemental affinity (Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Holy, Shadow). This will determine the dragons type of breath weapon and energy resistance. These types do not confer or force an alignment. This choice can not be changed later.

Human Form
As human except for the following:
-Aldrosian Dragons do not recieve the benefit of an extra feat at first level, nor do they recieve bonus skill points at first level or at level up.
-May take Dragon Form 3/day.

Dragon Form
The character becomes a medium sized dragon. Temporary stat changes are as follows:
Str +2, Dex -2

In dragon form, all weapons and armor possessed by the character fade into their being. The bonuses of these items still apply except for nonmagical AC (your armor is not currently being "worn".) Weapons that are not Natural Weapons may not be used in Dragon Form.

Breath Weapon:
In dragon form, an Aldrosian may use their breathe weapon Level/4 (atleast 1) times per day.
Breath Weapons deal 1d6 Damage for every character level, to a maximum of 20d6.
Breathe Weapons may be used in human form for half damage.
(Earth: Cone of Acid, Water: Cone of Ice, Air: Ray of Lightning, Fire: Line of Fire, Holy: Cone of Light with the "Good" subtype, Shadow: Cone of Darkness with the "Evil" subtype.)
Speed: 30, Fly 50 (Clumsy)
LA 0

Aldrosian Paragon:

HD: D8      Skill Progression: 4+Int
Class Skills: The aldrosian paragon's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spot (Wis).
In addition, each aldrosian paragon gains class skills based on it's energy type.
Fire: Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), and Jump (Str).
Water: Hide (Dex), Move Silently (Dex), and Swim (Str).
Earth: Bluff (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), and Survival (Wis).
Air: Bluff (Cha), Hide (Dex), and Spellcraft (Int).
Shadow: Hide (Dex), Move Silently (Dex), and Swim (Str).
Holy: Disguise (Cha), Heal (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Level   BAB   Fort   Ref   Will   Abilities
1       +0    +2     +0    +0     Energy Resistance 1
2       +1    +3     +0    +0     Large Form, Energy Resistance 2
3       +2    +3     +1    +1     Energy Resistance 3
4       +3    +4     +1    +1     Improved Breathe Weapon, Energy Resistance 4
5       +3    +4     +1    +1     Huge Form, Energy Resistance 5

Energy Resistance(Su):
This is a bonus to rolls to resist spells, effects, or natural instances of your chosen element.

Large Form(Ex):
The character's Dragon Form advances to the Large Size Category (+4 to Grapple, -4 to Hide, -1 to AC, -1 to BAB, 12-16 feet long, 10ft space, 10 ft reach tall, 5 long)
Speed: 40, Fly 100 (clumsy). Stat mods change to: Str +4, Dex -2, Cha +2

Improved Breathe Weapon(Ex):
As Breathe Weapon, but deals 2d6 damage per level, to a maximum of 40d6.

Huge Form(Ex):
The character's Dragon Form advances to the Huge Size Category (+8 to Grapple, -8 to Hide, -2 to AC, -2 to BAB, 17-25 feet long, 15ft space, 15 ft reach tall, 10 long)
Speed: 50, Fly 150 (clumsy). Stat mods chang to: Str +8, Dex -4, Cha +4, Con +2

I'm aware that this only works for Pure Elemental Dragons, ignoring both Terrain Dragons and Lap Dragons. I'm not sure I ever plan to make information for Lap Dragons, but I hope to post stuff for the Terrain Dragons in the near future. Question, Comments, Ideas?

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:51 pm

Being able to assume a Huge form at 5th level seems more than slightly unbalanced. Natural attack damages alone would skyrocket.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Previous

Return to OOC RP Discussion