Zeke Directories?

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Zeke Directories?

Unread postby Kai » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:38 pm

Okay, so Dia told us a while ago that the zeke directories were no longer browsable. The files are all still there, it's just that the nice little list of links has been removed.

The site archives.org has copies of many of these directories, and even though the links provided lead to duplicates of our files (I think....), our files can still be reached by removing the archives garbage from the url. Idran's chat RP logs are having major issues, and I haven't figured out a solution yet.

I saved what I could to my harddrive, and uploaded them to my shitty free webspace. I'll keep working on cleaning this up if necessary, adding files if people request them and they can be found.

Until I or someone else thinks of a better solution than this, it's what we've got. Personally, I would welcome an alternative.

<p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>Edited by: Kai&nbsp; Image at: 9/24/06 17:45

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Zeke Directories?

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:27 pm

I'm entirely willing to give hosting for anything on the zeke site that needs it, myself. I've got plenty of it just sitting there on Dreamhost doing nothing, after all. Of course, that's up to Dia, since I don't want to pull it out from under her or anything. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:57 pm

That would be super duper awesome. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:24 pm

Sounds good to me.

Hold off on Yalogank if you would. I still have to work on that.

If anyone wants anything off yalogank -personally-, go ahead and save it. Since a good deal of it violates, you know, copyrights, I'm planning on getting rid of most--if not all--of yalogank, sans for the screenshot and RPGWWcon/wav sections. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica
"he is the godamn batman! thats why! if he can breath in space you damn bet he can wear a panty on his head!" glu-glu</div></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:30 pm

I was way too intimidated by the task of archiving yalogank.

Part of the reason I went after these logs when I did was that I wanted some of Amanda's art, and I am starting to scrape around for logs of the Malachian War.

Yalogank is... not on my list. Lady, do as you will. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion