national experts and you

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
pd Rydia

national experts and you

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:02 pm

So Pervy shipped off and Blaze hasn't been seen on the forums in god knows how many years. This leaves quite a few of our countries--most of them, in fact--without caretakers. Specifically:

-=- Pervy countries:
- Alahana (Argovia)
- Beau (Argovia)
- Dillidan Complex (Argovia) <font color=blue>Amanda's!</font>
- Forfeit Isle (Igala)
- Reohoden (Argovia; used to be Nick's before Pervy's)
- Tristes (Argovia)
- Avon (Igala) <font color=blue>Kelne has interest.</font>
- Beldad (Argovia) <font color=blue>Zero has interest</font>
- Curatori Faiyar (Igala) <font color=blue>Kelne has interest.</font>
- Evringshal (Igala; jointly experted with Fern, who I've also rarely seen) <font color=blue>Zero has interest -- may wish to communicate with Fern, as per Idran</font>
- Marispola (sunken; Argovia) <font color=blue>I have interest.</font>
- Terumahilana (Argovia) <font color=blue>Amanda has interest.</font>

Pervy was also working on The Dwarven Holds (Igala), but jointly with Shini, who is still around.

-=- Blaze countries:
- The Mount <font color=blue>I have interest.</font>
- Unostychia <font color=green>I'm getting the impression this was never actually used; unless someone can assure me that it has been integrated into Gaera canon--and what it is--I think it'd be best to retcon it.</font>

-=- Hay-what's-going-on-countries:
- Hastel (Hastel). <s>I'm fairly certain this is Kelne's so I'd like to confirm this and get some links to its current infos for wiki-making.</s> <font color=blue>Kelne's.</font>
- Solasia (Igala). <s>This used to be one of Amanda's countries, most of which she gave to Pervy. However, I don't have this one marked down as one of Pervy's. I don't think anyone had this to "take care of." Anyone interested.</s> <font color=blue>Amanda is back in the hizzouse.</font>
- Tan'yama (Igala). This is Dan's country. So, like, are you going to do anything with it?
- Theice (Igala). Lexos, you gonna get me infos on this?
- Therney (Igala). Originally Kotoki's. I think this may have been taken up by Pervy, but I don't have that recorded on the Wiki. Even if that were the case, it'd need someone to watch over it. So, I guess, is this someone's job, and if not, then who would like it? <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 9/5/06 21:47

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: national experts and you

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:04 pm

Fern's been popping into chat every so often recently, you might want to ask her about Evringshal next time she's around. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:01 pm

I would be glad to step in for Pervy concerning these countries. He is okay with it, and seeing as how we're in constant contact, I would be able to get datums from him when needed.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:04 pm

...All of them, Zero? That might be a bit much. How about all the ones that no one else expresses any interest in? <p>

</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:13 pm

Well, it's not like all of these countries would be updated/refined/used all of the time, so I could tackle issues as they come up. Of course, I'd always be glad to incorporate the ideas of others. I'd even be willing to hand over control to those who have profound interest and groovy ideas.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:16 pm

Do you have profound interest and groovy ideas for all of those countries, Zero? And if so, can you tell us? <p>

</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:24 pm

I've always wanted to bring Evringshal's Green Riders to a level of more continental importance.

I've also wanted to further explore the relations between Doma and Beldad, due to the portal and whatnot.

There are a few others, but for the most part, if no one specifically cares, I'd be glad to maintain them until someone does.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:01 pm

If you have neaterings planned for Evringshal and Beldad, go for it. Heck, both pages in the MUSH could stand for a bit of tidying.

As for the others, there's not much point in it having a caretaker just to take up space. Pervy didn't really do a lot, either, with most of these countries--at least not anything that got written down or passed around--and I don't see how that benefits the community any. Rather, I see how it turns RPers off from going in and further developing the setting..."because it's someone else's," who obviously has plans, or something. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:02 pm

Well, I'm still willing to run Hastel. I have information around somewhere, which I'll dig up later. Otherwise, I think I'll take on Avon and Curatori Faiyar.

Another area it might be worth seeing if anyone wants to take on are the Dwarven Holds. Pervy and I had a bit of information worked out on these; I'll see if I can recreate it. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:09 pm

I'm amazed by your activity in producing informations for countries. I wonder, though, do you post any of this stuff up on the Wiki anywhere? Like, in the discussion tabs or anything, or in the articles? Or do you wait for the "someone else to do it?" <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:41 pm

At the moment, I'm waiting for official consensus. At least so far as the places I don't directly control go. While sticking something in the wiki is hardly irreversible, I don't want people having to chop and change things at a later date. Writing stuff into the wiki strikes me as the final step in the process, and I've by no means reached that step. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:49 pm

I can understand that. The thought of board demons eating up information bothers me, though, considering how long coming a consensus can be. I'm not sure most people know they're being waited on for consensus, explicitly, after contributing a few thoughts and going off to their own pursuits. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 6/22/06 22:50

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:03 am

Kelne: Post that up to the wiki. If no one disputes it after as long as those have been up... assume you have a concensus. If someone had a real problem with it, they'd either post or discuss it with you.

Add to the wiki! If you know things or think things, contribute without fear! Analysis and development rock hardcore, and whoever wants to do those things with these countries is okay by me. I've got my hands full with convoluted grandiose scheming for Ka'thalar, so I won't stake a claim anywhere in here. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:13 pm

POIK!

Also, while we're on the subject of countries and experts and such, I'd really like some interested folk to help me on the MUSH with descriptions for some of the countries and stuff. Like, Kalshana, Gwa'AAG, and the such. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 7/1/06 19:15

ManganoManda

Terumahilana

Unread postby ManganoManda » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:07 am

Since I do/did a lot of work with 'Lana. I gotta claim that.

pd Rydia

Re: Terumahilana

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:17 pm

Rightyo! <p>

Manga no Manda

Re: Terumahilana

Unread postby Manga no Manda » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:49 pm

And I'll take one Solasia with cheese and bacon. Hold dragoons. <p>Image</p>

Manga no Manda

Uuuuuuhhhhh

Unread postby Manga no Manda » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:07 pm

I'll take Dillidan Complex too. I had some ideas about that governmental structure there too.

pd Rydia

Re: Uuuuuuhhhhh

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:48 pm

done and done. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica
"he is the godamn batman! thats why! if he can breath in space you damn bet he can wear a panty on his head!" glu-glu</div></p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion