Message for Spleen

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Seethe347

Message for Spleen

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:32 pm

I'm trying to get "The Next Crisis" moving again, so I'll need you to post there sometime.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Message for Spleen

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:05 pm

USE EMAIL YOU TWIT

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:04 pm

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:29 pm

Darkknight already told me. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"I do think genuine possibilities exist in the idea of re-releasing films that flopped earlier this year, but with snakes this time. 'Snakes on the Poseidon.' 'Snakes in a Lake House.' 'Ask the Dust, and Mind the Snakes.'
-Michael Phillips, Chicago Tribune movie critic

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:00 am

That example is two years ago and wasn't that necessary then :(

From now on, try and just use the OOC thread for the RP or at least make the thread be more than "HEY POST"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:41 am

Okay, but I seriously think that this rule should be in the FAQ or something. It's really not that intuitive. You might happen to think "I shouldn't create a thread just to poke someone because it will clutter up the forum," or you might happen not to. The existence of even an old precedent was enough to push me to the latter.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:07 am

...I'm not sure what Zero's talking about, Seethe, but there is no rule, guideline, or even unwritten suggestion along those ends. Plenty of people use the forums to send a message to someone, there's no problem with that. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:14 am

I use this forum and discussion for that end to. Mostly because when you have a forum, unless the matter you have to dicsuss is, ah, private, you never require e-mail. >_> ... Further more, most people have AIM supplementing this alot of the time, again further pushing away the need for e-mail.

At this point, E-mail doesn't occur to me as a communication medium for anyone I know. At best, I've used it as a means for file sharing with people who aren't on AIM or Trillian or whatever else. ICQ and stuff.

So yeah, Zero's needs to leave this be. This thread is related to an RP. That's enough, I believe. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: Besyanteo&nbsp; Image at: 8/24/06 10:04

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:08 am

THAT'S NOT WHAT IT SAID A MINUTE AGO, YOU TRICKSTER!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:12 am

That's because the original text was needlessly uncivil. So now it's not. Sorry. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:14 am

I don't really care if people send each other notes over the OOC forum, especially if it actually is an OOC RP discussion such as, "Hey you fuck. Post."

However, I would like to take this moment while I'm posting to say that using the same OOC thread for all RP messages is not only a hell of a lot easier, but kind of fun to look back on later. I use mine to tell my players when I won't be around, and also to keep records of things like XP. I mean... that's what an OOC thread is for. You can certainly have more than one without being the worst spammer in forum history, but it's not really necessary. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:37 pm

I don't really have anything against using the original OOC thread for the RP for all related discussion. Since the idea's in my head now, that's probably how I'll do things from now on. I never would have thought of the idea on my own, though.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:50 pm

You thought of making a thread in the first place.

I would assume that, once made, it would be obviously reusable. o_O <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:26 am

Realizing that would have required me to have ever given a moment of actual thought to the subject.

Return to OOC RP Discussion