Mafia: The Rise and Fall

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Demonhawk17

Mafia: The Rise and Fall

Unread postby Demonhawk17 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:49 am

Two Mafia crime families have risen to the height of their power by the end of the Roaring Twenties. But now it is 1932, the Giovanni and Valentino mobs have been slowly eating up the space that existed between them in Chicago, and are now encroaching upon each other's territory. The struggle for the now limited territory begins, and that leaves the question of "Who will emerge on top?" That my friend, is up to you...

With the Godfather dictating who goes where and with who, he is the man in charge, just like it was back in the '30s. But it isn't just the Don that plays an important role in Chicago. The made men must use the information they recieve in the briefing to execute the mission successfully. The rules of the RP are constantly evolving to meet new situations or scenarios.

A wide range of careers are possible, you could be a: politician, lawyer, hitman, Consigliere, detective, police officer, journalist, or almost anything else. This RP has a clear goal in mind, the object of the story line is to amass as much money as possible for your family with which to buy more power or to indulge in life with, perhaps, the purchase of a private yacht. If you decide to be a detective, you can either play it honest and dish out as much punishment as possible to both sides, or you can accept money from one family and concentrate your fire on the other family. The possibilities are almost endless in this revived RP.

p086.ezboard.com/bmafiatheriseandfall <p>__________________________
<span style="color:red;">The Phantom</span>

I believe I am damaged.
I believe I am wrong.
I believe my time ain't long.</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Mafia: The Rise and Fall

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:24 am

Thanks for the link, but drive-by forum linkings like this do tend to be frowned upon here, and generally aren't that successful to begin with. If you're planning to stick around here as well, that's great, but if so, perhaps just a link in your sig would be better. All the best of luck for your forum, and I appreciate your backlinking to our forum on your own as well. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:57 am

This really does sound like a cool idea though. Can I be a rum runner with a heart of gold and nerves of steel, with a blonde sidekick with a rapier wit and eyes like daggers?

Demonhawk17

Unread postby Demonhawk17 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:53 pm

Yes, normally I only advertise on boards that I am already a member of, but I haven't really gotten any response, so I tried hitting up some of the bigger boards in the hopes that a larger community would mean a larger variety of people, namely, those who would be interested in Role Playing in an organized crime setting. ;)

I thank you for your patience, as it looks like I had originally posted in the wrong forum. Best of luck to you all, though it looks as if you guys are already well established. :p

In regards to Capntastic:

If you're not helping me to recieve my daily dose of sarcasm, feel free to submit a character application of the sort, it has potential with the new rule set, and it would definetely make for an interesting RP. :p

btw, I really like your siggy idran, it's nice to know that there are other Foundation series fans out there. Asimov is a master. <p>__________________________
<span style="color:red;">The Phantom</span>

I believe I am damaged.
I believe I am wrong.
I believe my time ain't long.</p>Edited by: Demonhawk17 at: 8/2/06 14:55

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:11 pm

There's a nucleus of truth in a lot of the stuff I spout.

I'm pretty busy on the roleplaying front currently, but my mind is brimming with awesome character ideas for such a fun setting.

One of which is an escaped prisoner wearing stripey clothes and lugging a ball & chain.

Return to OOC RP Discussion