Interesting Locations

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Interesting Locations

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:11 am

Figured I'd Start up a new topic for random locations of interest across Igala, and possibly beyond.

To begin with, a couple of places I came up with while writing stuff on Gwa'Aag.

Castle Azbak (Also known as Azbak's Folly) - Many years ago, the orc chieftain Azbak spent some time in Baron. Impressed by the keeps from which local lords ruled the countryside, Azbak decided that he too would have one. Unusually for an orc, he determined that he would build his own, rather than taking another by force of arms.

The construction of the low heap of stone that is Castle Azbak was the work of many years for Azbak and his followers. Many grew bored with the labour and left. A couple challenged Azbak for leadership. Through it all, the chieftain maintained his relentless drive to complete the castle, and become lrd of all he surveyed.

It didn't quite work out that way. The other orcish tribes simply shook their heads over his obvious madness in persisting with the construction, and went on their way. Even when it was finished, they weren't overly impressed. If Azbak wanted to lord it over anyone, he was going to have to come down from his pile of rock and crack some heads.

Today, Castle Azbak is a semi-ruined jumble of stone, occasionally used for shelter in dire weather. Although it occupies a commanding view of the surrounding plains, few bother with it much.

Osrek's Fang - Once a proud dwarven hold known as Baresh Gar, the Fang was conquered by the warboss Osrek, in the cause of... Well, let's be honest - he wanted the loot.

The taking of the Fang is an epic saga in its own right, but the short version is that Osrek and a crack team of his Ladz were able to gain entry through a sally port left open during a dwarven counterattack, holding it against all efforts to dislodge them, and eventually allowing the main horde entry into the hold. To this day, the dwarves would dearly love to oust the orcs from their stolen stronghold.

Today, the loot is long gone, but the mines the dwarves once worked remain. Although they lack the knowledge to work the more exotic ores, iron extracted from the mines under the Fang finds its way to places throughout Gwa'Aag. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

Archmage144

Re: Interesting Locations

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:12 am

I think Gunnir Academy is pretty interesting. However, on the subject of somewhat less well-known locales, since we are specifying "beyond Igala":

"Despair in Paradise" -- a corner of the celestial plane that is clearly removed from the lush greenery that covers most of the landscape, this area is punctuated by dry prairie grasses and sparse, barren terrain. The normal fauna of the celestial are diminshed here, and the primary inhabitants of the area are, of all things, ravens. In its approximate "center" is a large lake with a diameter over three miles wide, and in the center of the lake is an island where no living things dwell. The exception, of course, is the Archangel Christopher, who has selected this barren land as a place to exile himself for contemplation. It could accurately be described as "angst island" by an adventurer with a certain variety of wit. Travellers to the celestial plane are often surprised by the existence of such a wasteland, but celestial scholars hypothesize that it was created as a means of bringing contrast to the plane. For as long as time can remember, it has been a place for angels in doubt to be self-exiled until they resolve their issues--or fall for good. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion