Into the Fire (Sign-up thread)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Seethe347

Into the Fire (Sign-up thread)

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:53 pm

The city of Var Duros, located on the eastern coast of the Windel Mountains, was one of the few cities on the southern portion of Altere Island to join Lucius’ rebellion and actually manage to hold out. Receiving support by sea from House Grimwel, the city has been a thorn in the side of House Tamaron since the war began.

But Count Maxton, lord and commander of the city, may have finally made a tactical error. Until now, the city has been protected from assault by Var Duros Pass, a strongly defended outpost located in the only mountain pass that provides any viable land route to the city through which to march an army. Following a recent assault on the pass, the defending army was ordered to pursue the retreating Tamaron forces, but followed too far and fell into an ambush. Acting quickly, Tamaron’s assault force occupied the outpost, thus laying Var Duros itself bare.

Presently, House Tamaron’s forces are concentrated in the north to prevent any incursions from the Tralask Plains. As such, it will take about a month for the house to bring in an army large enough to successfully storm the city. Meanwhile, the city’s army continues relentlessly in its attempts to retake their lost position while a relief force from House Grimwel is reportedly already en route to aid its endangered ally.

In the meantime, House Isgaroth has agreed to send a few of its own troops posted nearby to at least somewhat lessen the burden on the Tamaron soldiers for the moment. However, only a handful could be spared and they will have to travel through harsh, monster infested terrain that has not been patrolled regularly for years. Still, the newly occupied pass needs every defender it can get. Will this small platoon be able to reach its beleaguered allies in time? And if they can, will their aid be enough?

This is the first RP set in Alteron. It will have to be board and it's going to be Philsys. The RP will begin in the city of Port Olan which lies on the eastern shore of Woodshire Forest near its border with the Windel Mountains. Alteronian characters are desired and members of the House Isgaroth Military (regular, mercenary, or peasant militia) are preferred.

Aside from myself, I want five more people, but I'll see about making room for a few more if there is enough interest.

[url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 6/20/06 19:30
[/i]

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Re: Into the Fire (Sign-up thread)

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:45 pm

Once I get a good character idea, I'll make a sheet! AND THEN NO ONE WILL BE SAFE. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"The universe is all in the mind that perceives it, and sensation is the first and only reality. If a tree falls in the forest with no creature to hear it, then there is no tree."
-Dungeons and Dragons: Complete Arcane, page 167

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

Seethe347

Re: Into the Fire (Sign-up thread)

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:55 pm

Looks like we're short of interest...

Return to OOC RP Discussion