Two Minutes to Midnight: A Modern Fantasy RP (Signups)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Elementalist Daien

Two Minutes to Midnight: A Modern Fantasy RP (Signups)

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:40 pm

Some of you, in fact many of you may know of my recent idea to make a Modern Fantasy RP! So, without further ado, here's the setting:

------------------------------
The year is 2006. The country is England. Everything is as you know it to be. Or so most people think. The world hides many secrets, that most humans live and die without ever knowing. Some of it beyong humanity, while some are very much within our reach. The lines between mythology and

Magic is a force, very real, as anything you knew. It lies around us, in the air we breathe, and many people (although not all) are born with the innate ability to manipulate it, to use it to bring their will. However, the secrets have long been guarded, as centuries of taboo and fear, and the fear of its misuse, has led those who possess it to secrecy. Many who would otherwise be powerful wizards and sorceresses live their entire life not knowing this. Dejavu, "ghost sounds", all these are a sign of a latent magical talent. However, it takes a secret to unlock this ability. A secret most don't know.

You are one of these people. But for how long?

=

This RP will happen in England, in one of the suburbs thereof. Whether there on visit, or living there is your choice.

RULES OF THE SYSTEM:

This will use PS, and work as you might expect. There will only be one difference. While you can have MAG, in fact you will need it to cast spells, at the beginning you will be able to have NO magical skills. The possibility will open itself up later on, and you can save space for them. I don't suggest you spending too many points in magic, however, due to the secretive nature of it. First level character, I'd prefer if you do not create trained veterans from the beginning. :p

I ask that you post available times with your sheets if you intend to join- I will gladly answer any other questions that come up on AIM. "A Rockin SN" as you all know.

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 4/14/06 20:02

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Two Minutes to Midnight: A Modern Fantasy RP (Signups)

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:47 am

I consider applying, but I do not know if I would want to be a slave to the power of Dan :(

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:01 am

You'd love nothing more!

Manga no Manda

Unread postby Manga no Manda » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:19 am

How long are sessions expected to run? <p>Image</p>

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:17 am

Do you mean in terms of the campaign or in terms of how long each individual session is?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:19 pm

I think she means individual sessions. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:52 pm

Well, I'll have them for until someone needs to leave. I don't believe in cutting short unless we have to. Still, give me your times and we'll see what can be done.

Manga no Manda

Unread postby Manga no Manda » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:57 pm

Sunday Nights,Monday Nights,Wednesday Night, Friday Nights

Hours are inconsequential as I can work things around. <p>Image</p>

Manga no Manda

Unread postby Manga no Manda » Mon May 29, 2006 3:06 pm

I'm kind of stuck on skills since this is real world, I guess anything goes but is it important to have them. As well as techniques?

Name: Benny Dowell
RPer: Manda
Race: Half-Irish, Half-British(Black)
Birthdate: January 17, 1983
Height: 5’5
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Black with dyed red streaks

Background:
After graduating a Manchester high school, Benny moved out of her parent’s home and moved in with her boyfriend at the time, Clark. Both were members of the band “The Sealed Ear”, Benny as lead guitar and Clark as lead singer. In 2000, Clark died at sea on his uncles fishing boat. The band dispersed and Benny came to work in a bookstore during the day and a pub at night, where she works until currently.

Stats/Equipment:

Level: 1
XP: 0/1000
Max HP: 65
Max MP: 55
Max TP: 20
Initiative 6-16

Courage: 3
Wisdom: 2
Intuition: 3
Charisma: 2
Agility: 1
Dexterity: 3
Strength: 2
Stamina: 2
Magic Aptitude: 3

Base AT/PA - {9/9}
<p>Image</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:12 pm

Weeknights are good for me. Though, you'll have to wait a bit for a sheet from me. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:06 pm

I'd be available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and every other Thursday typically until 1 or 2 AM.

Edit: Partial sheet is below.

Name: Vernon James Usher
RPer: Blackwind Isao
Race: Human
Level: 1
XP: 0/1000

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 172 lbs
Eyes: Sky Blue
Hair: Bald

Character History:
Vernon was born into the relative luxury of an old money family and, as a child had the best of everything. Vernon however was not a controllable child and found himself in with the wrong sort of crowd. An atypical gang member, Vernon wasn't the one that was turned to when the gang needed muscle, he was the one that they turned to when they needed information. Because of his specialized talents Vernon quickly became one of the more respected members of his gang, and one of the most marked of all them. At the age of 17 Vernon was the target of a driveby shooting that found him in a hospital and deprived of much of his once sizable inheritance. Deciding that changing sides might be a more favorable option Vernon applied to the police force a year after he left the hospital. Fortunately Vernon's shady dmeanor turned the force off to him, despite his potential upsides. Left with little other recourse Vernon invested what little remained of his families fortune into becoming a certified Private Eye.

Character Dmeanor:
Vernon is an amiable sort of guy fitting into most places and situations with a relative ease, though he finds himself more at home in a sleazy bar than an opera house. He has little reservation about playing dirty to get what he wants, and has little care for whose toes he steps on in the process.

Character Statistics:

Max HP: 60
Max MP: 0
Max TP: 25
Initiative: 5+2d6

Courage: 4
Wisdom: 2
Intellect: 4
Charisma: 3
Agility: 3
Dexterity: 4
Strength: 0
Stamina: 1
Magical Ap: 0

Base AT/PA 11/11
Mod for Skill:
Mod for equipment:
Dodge: 20
Magical Attack: N/A
Magical Resistance: 22

Skills:
(k) Psychology (Wis): 4
(s) Deception (Cha/Cha/Int): 4
(s) Observant (N/A) : 4
(s) Sense Motive (Int): 4
(s) Stealth (Agi/Agi/Dex): 4
Drive (Int/Wis/Dex): 2
Gather Information (Cha/Cha/Int): 4
Lock Picking (Dex/Dex/Int): 4
Slight of Hand (Dex/Dex/Int): 4
Tracking (Int/Int/Sta): 4

Techs/Spells:

Equipment:

- Isao <p>"What is real? How do you define real? If you define it as what you feel, taste, smell or see then all you're talking about is electrical signals interpreted by your brain." -Morpheus</p>Edited by: Blackwind Isao at: 6/6/06 20:43

Return to OOC RP Discussion