The Godfather wants YOU.

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

The Godfather wants YOU.

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed May 24, 2006 9:48 pm

To join a game of Mafia.

What is this game, you ask? Why, its a friendly game of suspicion and paranoia played right here on our boards. Hopefully to give us all something else interesting to do.

The basic idea is thus. There are two basic types of people. The Average Everyday Townsperson who lives, works, and loves in our Average Everyday town. These are the nice people, the good people. The upstanding citizens.

And then there's a murder. One of the townies is found dead at the end of the night. Why does this matter to you? Because there are criminals among the masses, my good friends.

During the Night phase, these criminals... the Mafia members... they get together and decide whom they wish to off for the night. This is the townie that gets found dead in the morning. Who are these mafia folks? No one knows.

During the Day phase (which will be played on the boards here with posts and such), Everyone in town, Mafia and Townie alike votes on whom they think is the horrible evil among them. Whoever the majority says is guilty gets lynched. This person is killed and there is much rejoicing... till the next night anyway.

Townies win when all the mafia members have been killed. Mafia members win when all the townsfolk are dead. And so you know, the dead players affiliations are revealed after their untimely demise, so at least you might know what sorts of folks have gone before.

All who play must be available on IM sometime. Partly this is for the convenience of the Mafia members. They must convene in something vaguely akin to secrecy sooner or later and stuff. I will tell you whether you are a Mafia member or a Townie AFTER the game starts.

As far as special roles, I am considering the Town Cop and the Town Doctor roles. Town Cops get the special Night Phase ability to investigate one person of their choice to find out their affiliations. This person IS allowed to reveal their role during the Day phases if they want. But considering that they may be next on the Mafia's list, I wouldn't suggest it. >:P

Town Doctors are allowed to choose one person to protect from harm at night. If that person is selected for a Mafia killing during the Night Phase, then nothing happens and nobody dies. Isn't that lovely?

Town Doctors and Cops would need to make their requests in IM and stuff.

Anyway... enough talk about the game before anything happens. Any folk interested?

Also, for more information A lunk is provided. I DO take suggestions if you feel we could use different roles and such. But first? PEOPLE. Rabid Posting Wombat Skills are not required, as I'm intending to make the "Day" Phases 2-3 days long if I have to. And I'll be the only person who actually POSTS at "Night" anyway. >:P <p><span style="font-size:small;">

Currently idolizing - Roger Bacon, Shadow Hearts
Dislikes : Stupid people, Church officials, People that prey on the weak
Method of Destroying the World : Feh. God can do it for me. >:{
Becomes Super Powerful When : ... well F***. When ISN'T he?</span>

"Lunatic? The sages of EVERY age were called that! Let HISTORY decide whether my actions were good or bad. For now, we must forge ahead!"</p>

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Re: The Godfather wants YOU.

Unread postby Animala » Thu May 25, 2006 5:07 pm

I will play.

If there are not enough players interested, Mike will also join up. :0 Or he might anyway! Maybe one of us will kill the other! :3

The game will need to start up after we're settled up north, 'course. We're all just about packed, so it's just technicalities now. <p>
to make the pain go away
i cut the universe
with ribbons
because that makes perfect sense.</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Oh, what the heck.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 25, 2006 6:13 pm

I'm in too. This seems like fun.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Oh, what the heck.