And Now, Something Completely Different

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Archmage144

And Now, Something Completely Different

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:50 pm

The shadow of the war with Elaith on the continent of Ka'thalar still looms despite the fact that several months of time have passed. The city of New Nekonia has been utterly razed, leaving only a scant handful of survivors uncertain as to how to rebuild their old lives. The crimes of the necromancer attracted aid from far-reaching foreign allies concerned with stopping him before his reach extended beyond the frontier continent, and Elaith's war was contained--and halted.

But with the necromancer's demise came the departure of the foreign military forces keeping the chaos in check. The Doman army at large no longer has a presence on the continent, and the rebuilding is hampered by a new, previously unforseen obstacle; infighting between previous allies, their relationships strained by the times of war and the destruction of their capitals. Governments only have minimal power, and various factions are now vying for contested territory.

Everyone left on the continent is seeking to secure a future for themselves and their progeny, and desperate times have lit the fires of war once more. Only this time, there will be no intervention from foreign governments. There is no time for such matters on distant shores. The rabble will sort itself out, and the continent will be reshaped by charisma and might.

During desperate times, some men try their hardest to be heroes. And in desperate times, those who are not heroes just want to be near one.

You are one of those heroes.

The basic premise for this "RP" is a tactical wargame campaign along the lines of Warhammer, Mechwarrior, or similar types of games that utilizes the d20 system with modifications and rule variants designed to enhance its tactical combat aspects.

Players will take on two roles in this game. The first role is that of the leader of an army faction, a General who calls the shots and commands several squadrons of troops on a larger scale. The second role will be playing the officers in charge of every smaller unit and commanding the units accordingly in small-scale tactical combat.

A system of territories will be laid out on a map of the contested area of the continent; each of these territories will have its own resources, and these resources will be necessary to fund and equip an army. Likewise, control of certain territories will be determine where troops can be moved, how reinforcements can reach a battle site, and various other aspects of warfare, allowing for resource control and monopolization, destruction of supply lines, and general "divide-and-conquer" strategy.

The precise rules for this will come as soon as I get some idea of who might be interested. I'm looking for four to six players who can post regularly. Combat on a forum is very slow to begin with, and tactical combat even moreso. A large amount of combat will be resolved via AIM for speed (and secrecy) purposes, and the results will be posted as often as necessary. Players will be expected to keep an eye on what is happening and make decisions accordingly. Some battles will take place between player armies and NPC armies; other battles will be "player vs. player."

What is the RP value of this? Ultimately, the players and their armies are going to be responsible for reshaping the territorial boundaries of an entire continent, developing the world of Gaera in a more direct manner than ever done before; previous countries and infrastructure were assumed to be established before RP began. In this particular case, the players have an opportunity to create a new world and a new set of countries based upon their actions, roleplaying their leaders. At the end of the war, whoever is left standing triumphantly will be able to establish whatever kind of government they wish, either being a benevolent ruler or a terrible despot that will probably be deposed as soon as possible. In a sense, the purpose of this RP is to shape a continent with relatively little development and to give several players an opportunity to have direct control over how the new nations form.

For those curious about the systematic details, when I say d20 system I don't mean armies of high-level adventurers, I mean military contingents of six to eight units (including at least one commanding officer) of very low levels. A high-ranking officer might be 3rd level to begin with, for example. A system of "points" will be used to construct each military unit; each General will have a handful of combat units under his control. Huge, open-field warfare will likely not be RPed; the success or failure of such will likely be dependent upon the "small-scale" actions of the tactical military units. Military units will grow in strength as time goes on, but not to ridiculous levels, so there won't be any invisible flying wizards dropping fireballs on enemy units or whatever; there will be limitations on the types of characters that can be created so that no one can have an abusive army.

So. Who's interested? And feel free to ask questions! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 3/25/06 17:51

NamagomiMk0

Re: And Now, Something Completely Different

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:01 pm

My first question is this: Which classes and/or supplements will material be drawn from, and if applicable, will factions be restricted to specific classes and/or equipment and/or spells? <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:09 pm

You will be restricted based upon a system of "points" and an upper level/power cap per unit. Your armies will not contain immensely powerful magical creatures, for example. Any sourcebook can be used and any supplement, given approval, but there will be a number of special rules regarding faction restrictions to classes, equipment, and spells.

Equipment for common soldiers will largely be restricted only by what you can afford. Waging war is costly, and so is equipping an army. You won't have the money to give all your soldiers magical equipment--I guarantee it. You'll barely have the money to outfit your officers with all the gear they'd need to be "properly" equipped 3rd level characters by D&D standards. And things like mounts (for cavalry) are going to cost, too.

You will also be restricted in the number of characters you can have of certain classes. I'm not going to be super anal and decide that all of your melee fighters are 1st level warriors, which is what the DM's guide says that professional soldiers in an army usually are. You will be allowed to use PC classes with some limits. You will be limited in terms of the number of spellcasters you use (they will cost more points). You will also be unable to use a lot of rare or special classes, both because of imposed restrictions and point restrictions. None of your units will be high enough level to qualify for prestige classes, especially not at the beginning, though that might eventually change for those that are lucky enough to survive a long campaign.

In terms of faction restrictions, you will be limited in some obvious ways. Human factions will not have access to nekonian samurai or ninja without hiring costly mercenaries, for example.

I am going to lay out some example factions at some point, but ultimately, it will be the player's responsibility to use those guidelines to design their own faction. They will need to describe the faction's leader, the General who is functionally their character. They will need to be able to describe the faction's philosophy and ideology. And they will need to describe who their supporters are and why. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:47 pm

Despite what I told you over AIM, the prospect of RPing a platoon is highly alluring. I will be watching this thread. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:44 am

Some basic guidelines are necessary before players can create a faction.

The majority of factions on Ka'thalar are racially divided. In the absence of universal government, distrust between races is at all time high. The majority of armies will consist of a single race or races with a common agenda. Currently, the major races on the conteinent are:

Humans: Following the collapse of New Nekonia, humans from the province of Reywa in the southeast have forgotten or chosen to ignore Nekonia's claim to the northern territories. In the interest of expanding their borders, human leaders have risen that proclaim that the entire country should belong to humans without the presence of arrogant elves or nekojin.

Nekojin: Mostly located in the north, the nekojin capital city has been completely decimated. The nekojin on the continent, suffering from unrest and instability, are seeking new leadership--and the deposition of those who would stand in their way.

Elves: While the majority of the elves that live on the continent are native to it and live in the western forests, a good number of more ambitious elves that previously existed in the province of Palonia have decided that they are the only ones fit to rule the province.

Other factions might be formed around a common goal; as long as the agenda of the leader is sufficiently explained, I am willing to accept a wide variety of possibilities.

Your army's leader will more or less never be involved in combat. As a result, your leader's precise stats and level are largely irrelevant. You will be expected, as mentioned, to explain your leader's ideology, personality and the like. Why do people follow this leader? What does he promise to bring his followers? However, your leader is generally assumed to be a highly charismatic figure. In d20 terms, the character is at least 6th level and has the leadership feat.

Your leader will command, at the start, 4 "units." A unit consists of a maximum of 9 soldiers. These are your leader's combat-worthy followers; he or she will have other followers that are non-combatants, but the majority of the game will focus around the battles. Each unit is constructed with 8 points.

Warrior: 1 point buys a 1st level barbarian, fighter, ranger, rogue, or scout.

Spellcaster: 2 points buys a 1st level bard, cleric, druid, healer, sorcerer, warmage, or wizard.

Professional: 3 points buys a 2nd level character of any class listed thus far.

Each unit will also have one commander. The commander is a 3rd level character of any class, pending permission. The commander is the only character that may be of the marshal character class.

A 1st level character starts with 150 gp worth of equipment and valuables, regardless of class.
A 2nd level character starts with 1,000 gp worth of equipment and valuables, regardless of class.
A 3rd level commander starts with 2,500 gp worth of equipment and valuables, regardless of class.

Soldiers under your command, especially those that come with more gear, are not going to be willing to transfer that gear to their allies while they are still living. It's theirs! This means that you cannot purchase a 2nd level character and transfer his equipment to lower level characters.

Nekojin or inujin faction units have a level adjustment of +1. As a result, for the sake of balance, they are more costly:

It costs 1.5 points for a 1st level warrior, and it will also buy a 1st level ninja or samurai in addition to the others previously mentioned. A 1st level spellcaster costs 3 points, and a professional costs 4.

If you wish to have troops of an unusual type, such as units that include monsters, please discuss the matter with me personally. The most common races on Ka'thalar are humans, inujin, nekojin, and elves. The issue of army resources, hiring mercenaries, and the like shall be handled soon.

Character stats are determined by the elite array: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. Assign each number to one stat, then apply racial modifiers if applicable. You may roll stats for your commanders, but you may only roll once, you must keep what you get, and I roll the stats for you.

Some racial modifiers, because those are important!

NEKOJIN
•+4 Dexterity, +2 Charisma.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, nekojin have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Nekojin base land speed is 40 feet.
• +1 natural bonus to Armor Class.
• +2 racial bonus on Listen and Move Silently checks.
• Low-Light Vision: A nekojin can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
• Automatic Language: Common, Nekonian. Bonus Languages: Anything reasonable.
• Favored Class: Rogue (if female), samurai (if male).
• Level adjustment: +1.

INUJIN
• +2 Strength, +2 Constitution.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, inujin have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Inujin base land speed is 30 feet.
• +1 natural bonus to Armor Class.
• +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
• Scent (Ex): Inujin have the scent ability, allowing them to detect opponents by smell within 30 feet. Upwind, this range extends to 60 feet, while downwind, it is decreased to 15 feet. Strong scents can be detected at twice these ranges.
Scent detects another creature’s presence but not its specific location. Noting the direction of the scent is a move action. If it moves within 5 feet of the scent’s source, an inujin can pinpoint that source.
An inujin with the Track feat can follow tracks by smell, making a Wisdom check to find or follow a track. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10. The DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the quarry’s odor is, the number of creatures, and the age of the trail. For each hour that the trail is cold, the DC increases by 2. The ability otherwise follows the rules for the Track feat. Inujin tracking by scent ignore the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility.
Inujin can identify familiar odors just as humans do familiar sights.
Water, particularly running water, ruins a trail.
False, powerful odors can easily mask other scents. The presence of such an odor completely spoils the ability to properly detect or identify creatures, and the base Survival DC to track becomes 20 rather than 10.
• Automatic Language: Common, Inustani. Bonus Languages: Anything reasonable.
• Favored Class: Paladin.
• Level adjustment: +1. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 3/26/06 14:48

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:56 am

I am VERY interested in this, let me say that.

I think if I play, it'll be as the elves. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"The universe is all in the mind that perceives it, and sensation is the first and only reality. If a tree falls in the forest with no creature to hear it, then there is no tree."
-Dungeons and Dragons: Complete Arcane, page 167

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:09 am

Playing a human faction here. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:18 am

I don't have a map of territories and the like yet, but I assure everyone that I'll put one together soon. Once I have a map, things like "troop movements" will start making a hell of a lot more sense.

Each unit will start at the General's home base within a controlled territory and be able to move based on its composition. Each General has an advisor that is capable of casting divination magic that will give him an idea of which territories are under control by which factions, essentially giving an in-character reason for showing the General a world map. Generals may also be able to send some messages to their commanding officers with magic as well.

During a battle, soldiers will be required to take "in-character" actions. Soldiers will obey orders given to them by their commanders, but will otherwise be uncertain as to what to do in combat. In order for a soldier to know what he should do, the officer must give him an order--you have no direct control over all of the soldiers in a unit except the officer, but you can tell them what to do through the officer. An officer must speak his orders aloud unless he has an alternate means of communicating, which means that his orders may be overheard by the opposing side if an officer needs to give orders to a soldier out of whispering range. In the event that an officer falls in battle, a new leader must be determined. In order for a new officer's orders to be recognized, he must make a DC 15 Charisma check. Otherwise, units will attempt to follow their last order, figure out their own course of action, or even flee the battle if the odds are against them. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:34 am

...of course, if the other side doesn't speak your language or you're using a code, that's not as much of an issue, right? <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"The universe is all in the mind that perceives it, and sensation is the first and only reality. If a tree falls in the forest with no creature to hear it, then there is no tree."

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:49 am

Correct.

Just as a side note, I will allow players to do almost anything in the name of strategy as long as they can justify it, and it just might work. This is intended to be a very detailed strategy wargame with a lot of freedom to do crazy shit.

My current certain playerlist is:

Nama, Spleen, Priam, Jak, Zem

Tentatives on the roster are:

Idran, Seethe, Dan

I'm looking for about six players, so there's still plenty of room. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 3/26/06 15:03

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:08 am

I am also interested in this. I'll probably want my faction to be Nekojin.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:35 am

Are orcs a viable option? :D

Expanding on the idea: Continent's all messed up, right? People fighting old allies, each trying to establish this bit of turf and that bit of turf for their own and all. Well, maybe the orcs, once scattered and persecuted by the so called "civilised" races have seen their chance to establish a land of their own. Or had the chance pointed out to them by a particularly crafty and charismatic chieften that's gone around uniting all the other tribes under his banner. An orc who has a vision of a better, brighter future for his people. One where they aren't stuck living in caves and scattered camps.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 3/26/06 13:06

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:19 pm

If someone wants to play but doesn't get to be in one of the six spots, can they command a single unit in someone's army or something? Because if someone wants to, they can play one of the units in my army. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:18 pm

Spleen: Yes, quite possibly.

Jak: Unfortunately, your army will be insufficiently metal; there are no orcs native to Ka'thalar and there is not a large immigrant population.

Additionally, six factions isn't an upper limit. More factions just means that the map and territories will be more crowded and there's going to be a hell of a lot more people to fight off!

Also, I've been talking with Jak and Dan, and both of them have had other questions. Here's more or less where I'm at.

Basically, if you want to play "another race" that isn't listed, keep in mind that the four major races on Ka'thalar's surface are humans, inujin, nekojin, and wood elves. Other races are all in minority, though if you can justify your faction containing some members of a minority race it might be acceptable.

Also keep in mind one thing; the people of Ka'thalar just waged a huge unified war against a necromancer (also with an army of dominated dragons to boot). They don't all want to be destroyed by some army of demons or fanatics or whatever. You're playing the diplomatic end of this, too. Players will be allowed to make alliances between Generals, and there will be NPC factions. One suggestion was an army of human fanatics lead by a demon; while you could play an army like that, they would likely become extremely unpopular, and many factions will probably band against you to guarantee your destruction.
<p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 3/26/06 13:46

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:19 pm

Troop Movements:

Overland movement by your units is based upon the speed of the slowest member. A unit can march for 8 hours a day with no penalties; attempting a longer forced march may cause subdual damage and fatigue your units in accordance with d20 rules. Moving over certain types of terrain might reduce your army's movement, such as through a forest with no path.

Speed 20 units can move 16 miles a day. Not wearing armor that reduces movement speed can help your units move faster, but beware of an ambush!

Speed 30 units can move 24 miles a day.

Speed 40 units can move 32 miles a day.

Care and Feeding:

Most units will need to eat. A unit's daily upkeep is 5 sp per member based on the cost of one day's rations. It is usually necessary for each unit to carry his or her own rations in the interest of sharing the load; these should be noted on the character sheet of the soldier in question. Units can only restock rations in civilized areas, but some units that have access to certain skills may be able to hunt or forage if they do not have food and are outside of a village.

If units do not have food, they will suffer morale and other penalties based on how long it has been since they have eaten. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 3/26/06 14:28

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:40 pm

The Cost of War:

In the beginning, most Generals will have to deal with roughly 15 gp per day worth of upkeep for their soldiers in food alone. This is not the only expense that the average General will have to deal with!

It is assumed that all Generals own at least a simple house in their own territory. This house is one to three rooms, made of wood, and generally a poor base of operations. It is worth 1000 gp. Upgrading to a better base, such a fortified tower, will not come cheaply. A tower costs 50,000 gp!

All Generals also begin play with 2,000 gp in liquid assets. More money will be earned by capturing resource points and receiving tributes from the citizens of captured territories.

The list of things to spend money on is vast. Carriages, carts, beasts of burden, boats, and wagons will all make transporting supplies or units more rapid. Building fortifications in territories will prevent them from being taken as easily and establish your power on the map. Siege weapons can be built or purchased that will devastate the enemy.

If your army controls a significant natural resource point, such as a forest that they can clear-cut or a large stone quarry, some goods and services will be reduced in cost. For example, a General in control of a quarry might only pay 50 to 75% of the cost for his tower since he can get the materials cheaply. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:37 pm

Person of Lordly Caliber:

Your General is the most important person on the battlefield. If you've played Ogre Battle, think of your General as the Opinion Leader, except that you don't actually take him into battles. The General is an ambiguously-levelled character whose stats are not clearly defined. You do need to pick a character class (just one) that represents his basic set of abilities. He is assumed to be charismatic and intelligent, but strategic and diplomatic successes will be largely determined by your choices and roleplaying on his behalf. Very few if any dice will be rolled for diplomacy performed by the General.

If the General cannot or will not conduct diplomacy personally, there are other ways to get the word around. Messages may be sent to the leaders or officers of other factions either by runner or by magic, assuming it is available. You can also hire professional diplomats or recruit aristocrats to plead your case, and their chances of success might be slightly better depending upon your faction's reputation.

Your four combat units are not your army's only fighting force, but they are the only ones you will have direct control over on the battlefield. These are your elite troops, and it is assumed that their success or failure on the battlefield will reflect on the rest of your army. Think FFT, where your 5-man unit would turn the tide of major battles through their actions. This is an abstraction that is mostly necessary to avoid tedious playouts of mass combat.

You may split your four units up any way you choose, even reallocating the soldiers in one unit to another, but each group of soldiers (two or more) must have a leader. A character can only qualify to be a leader if he is at least level 2 and has a CHA score of 13+. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 3/26/06 16:44

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:44 pm

Damn. To be honest this interests me too much to NOT be involved somehow.

Probably as a Human faction here. <p><span style="font-size:small;">

Currently idolizing - Roger Bacon, Shadow Hearts
Dislikes : Stupid people, Church officials, People that prey on the weak
Method of Destroying the World : Feh. God can do it for me. >:{
Becomes Super Powerful When : ... well F***. When ISN'T he?</span>

"Lunatic? The sages of EVERY age were called that! Let HISTORY decide whether my actions were good or bad. For now, we must forge ahead!"</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:52 pm

Here are a few questions:

1. All I know about Ka'thalar is what is written in this thread and also in the Gaera Guide, so what happened to the Drow?

2. What determines when a faction is destroyed?

3. How will spying and scouting work?

4. Can units be captured rather than killed and, if so, what can be done with them?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:53 pm

I asked AM about drow. He said they're for NPCs only; besides, they have a +2 level adjustment, so trying to get an army of them in these rules would be tough.

I don't see why scouting here would work any differently than any other scouting in D&D. Take some cover or concealment, make Hide, Move Silently, Spot, and Listen checks. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:28 pm

1. Spleen is correct. Drow factions are NPC only. Don't worry, they'll be around...

2. A faction is destroyed if all of its units fall in battle and it can no longer recruit more or if its General is rendered unable to lead. This might be because an opposing army captures the territory where he is and kills or captures him, for example. If a General falls, some field officers might not find out until the news gets their way, in which case they may continue the good fight for a while, but the encephalous faction will rapidly collapse.

3. Sending a spy or scout unit into an area will require that you first dedicate a unit to spying or scouting. It does not have to be one of your original combat units; you can hire or recruit spies and scouts like other units. I will cover recruitment of new units later. A scout or spy's success will depend largely on skill rolls of the appropriate type (Disguise, Move Silently, Forgery, etc).

4. If you capture a unit, you can do whatever the hell you want with him.

A map of contested grounds! <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 3/26/06 18:29

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:55 pm

Can I scout with one of my original combat units, if it happens to be all Rangers and Scouts? <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:35 pm

You don't have to keep your original 4 combat units the way they are; that's just the default. You can split off units from them or redivide your original troops however you wish. However, most units do not know enough about strategy and tactics to devise their own plans if they are not under a commander. A unit with less than INT 13 may be sent off on his own, but he will more or less only do what he is ordered to do and nothing more (unless he must do something to save his own life).

A unit's commander must have a CHA of 13+. Your initial unit commanders must be level 3. However, if a commander falls and another soldier tries to take his place to keep the unit in order, his level is irrelevant if he succeeds the DC 15 Charisma check. Any "permanent" unit leader must have INT 10 and CHA 13 or better.

To answer the question better, you can send a whole large unit to scout if you really wish to do so! If it's all scouts and druids I imagine they'll have a pretty easy time blending in in certain environments. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 3/26/06 19:48

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:46 pm

Also, I have 7 people who are in more or less for sure because they've given me information about their desired factions. I MIGHT take one more faction leader if they do a particularly good job of describing their faction. Anyone else who wants in can play individual officers under faction leaders if permitted to do so by the faction leader! <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:07 pm

This is gonna be neat.

0= <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:14 pm

... O.O That was fast. I don't even know what template I was supposed to follow. Or where to send it either.

Edit: Well, I should leave this to people who are actually familiar with d20 anyway. So, I'll just watch.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 3/26/06 21:16

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:31 pm

A note for Jak, since he's playing orcs, is that he can ignore everything I said about leaders and the CHA score. Because orcs are usually wont to follow the strongest looking guy around, your unit commanders must have STR 15+ OR CHA 13. Orcs are generally pretty easy to push around, but your individual soldiers should have a reason to look up to their unit commander. Also, if your leader falls, a new leader can assume his position with a DC 15 Intimidation check.

The Adoring Masses:

As you gain territory (or simply hold it) the residents of your land will provide you with valuable resources. If you are a benevolent leader, have a good reputation, and the people in place like you, they will possibly provide you with tribute. If not, you will have to tax them (or perhaps take it by force).

The precise details of this are pretty fluid. I'll let you know when and how much tribute you recieve, if any; if you aren't getting tribute (or you have reason to believe you won't get tribute) and want to dig gold out of your subjects' pockets you'll be informed and allowed to choose a course of action.

Regions on the map that have known resource deposits such as gold, iron, or trees will provide their resources automatically as those loyal to you set to work mining and logging if you command them to do so. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 3/26/06 21:36

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:14 pm

My factions are set unless someone drops out on me. Faction leaders are played by:

Nama
Priam
Shaun
Jak
Spleen
Daien

I haven't got any info from Zem on what his faction is going to be, so I'm considering him in but I don't know what he's doing.

Idran is on the roster if he decides he wants in. Other than that, no more players for faction Generals.

If you want to play but can't be a General, feel free to ask an existing General if you can play one of his officers! Darkknight is apparently going to be one of Spleen's. The exact responsibilities of an officer's player can vary depending on what the General and officer's player work out. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:19 pm

I'll be taking command of one of Spleen's nice little divisions, in case anyone wanted to know. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
"En Taro Washington!" -Spleen.</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:19 pm

Darkknight's informative post is coincidentally his 411th! <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:44 pm

XD

That took me a minute to understand, which just made it funnier when I did. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:45 pm

AM's informative post is his 4467th!

Also, I think this will be awesome, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:38 am

Well, definitely interested, and if I'm a bit late to grab a faction of my very own, pending getting my AIM sorted out again, I'm sure I can con somebody into taking on a loyal, trusted subordinate.

Or, y'know, me. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:19 am

I've been conned!

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:01 pm

On that note, what are the rules for officers deposing and replacing generals?

And, for that matter, mercenaries?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:09 pm

GC should control a rough-and-tumble mercenary company that we can hire.

Oh, also: How are we doing tactical movement? A letter/number grid like I'm planning on using for my D&D campaign (once a certain group of individuals sends me their finished backgrounds)? <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/27/06 17:10

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:17 pm

Subtle.

And I was considering a roving troupe of mercenary bards, actually!

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:17 pm

I am sad. Aside from my undead idea, which would be problematic, I have no ideas.

Therefore, I have decided to instead be one of Dan's officers. You can fill the gap I leave as you see fit. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:33 pm

Brian may like to know that he has a new message in his inbox regarding this. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:25 pm

A second message has also appeared there.

Next

Return to OOC RP Discussion