Final Fantasy 7:Jenova's Return OOC/Plot and recruitment.

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
kawaiiShieru

Final Fantasy 7:Jenova's Return OOC/Plot and recruitment.

Unread postby kawaiiShieru » Wed May 03, 2006 9:19 pm

I really don't know where else to put the character recruitment or plot or if it's ok to put this here at all or I can make this kind of rp in this forum...So if this isn't the right thing to do please someone tell me or the mods can do whatever they want with the thread^^U...

Anyways here goes the plot.
Plot of the rp.(Takes place fter Advent Children)

After the destruction of Meteor everyone thought everything was over but then 2 years later, Cloud takes down Sephiroth for the second time, this time for good, or so they think. After that time everything was peaceful again until four
months passed, the Shinra corp. was rebuild and is trying to clean their name. Though the people of Midgar and the world were still not able to completely trust them, but they had no other choice but to accept their help after Rufus sworn to himself and to the world that he would rebuild what was destroyed by Shinra.

During a patrol of the Shinra employees througout the surroundings of the ruins of Midgar and the crater from which Kadaj and his brothers had come from, they found many strange sightings, such as empty capsules that were aperrantly destroyed and strange technology unknown to them. This information was sent to Shinra's headquarters in Midgar and were filed down for investigation.

During their investigation they find out that strange creatures were emerging from different places around the Midgar. Not knowing what else to do now that the chaos was nearing the corner as the creatures increased in numbers, Rufus turns to the only people he knows can handle it. Though no one knows what's actually behind all this and who is pulling all the strings, someone they less expected and it's not Sephiroth.

Characters:
Characters: All of the Final Fantasy 7 game of course , Sephy's not around yet so he's the only one out of the list.Only one rule for this one, please try to stay your best in character when using the game characters ok?

Cloud
Tifa-that will be me.
Yuffie
Vincent-taken
Barret
Cid
Nanaki
Cait Sith- Capntastic
Marlene
Denzel
Reno
Rude

The remaining characters still to be chosen by the roleplayers can be played by all the roleplayers when necesary.

Custom characters: Please have in mind we need at least Cloud in this rp before looking forward to creating a custom character.The rules are simple.(1) No Godly Characters, by this I mean no immortality, no over powerful characters, no random appearances in different places.Its enough with one Sephyroth please x_X. (2) Write well the character's description when creating it and if you can put a picture for reference , better.

Here just tell me which character you're gonna be or what kidn of character you're gonna make.I'm gonna open a character profile thread as soon as I find out where...o.O..

(POWER ABUSE BY EVERYONE'S FAVORITE ABUSER OF POWER. <3)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kawaiishieru>kawaiiShieru</A] at: 5/4/06 16:09

Archmage144

Re: Final Fantasy 7:Jenova's Return OOC/Plot and recruitment

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed May 03, 2006 10:46 pm

Well, you're right about one thing: this is indeed the place to put a recruitment thread.

While we don't specifically have a rule against RP in "non-original" settings, it's a convention that it isn't usually done. However, if you can stir up interest, there's nothing to stop you from running the RP in question.

Just thought I'd let you know that it's atypical and commonly met with criticism when people try to run RPs that take place in the universe of popular anime/video games unless they do something wildly divergent before someone descended on this thread like a hungry beast and tore into you for no good reason. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed May 03, 2006 11:31 pm

I call Cait Sith, please. I can make up a sheet if you desire.

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 5/4/06 4:53

kawaiiShieru

Unread postby kawaiiShieru » Thu May 04, 2006 12:57 am

Alright ^^ thanx Alot Archmage I really apresiate it.

KK Capntastic ^^ you're Cait Sith. o.O it's actually the first time I hear of Character sheets lol just in case don't call me noob it's just that my way of rp is kinda different in that aspect.Anyways what is it :3 ?is that the character's profile? o.O

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 5/4/06 4:53

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu May 04, 2006 1:53 am

Pretty much. Also, it is common courtesy to abandon netspeak at the door. Not a big problem or anything, it is just frowned upon here.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu May 04, 2006 8:54 am

I call Wedge.

And don't tell me he's dead. I mean, Sephiroth came back at least once. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu May 04, 2006 9:50 am

Is Big Bro a viable option?

kawaiiShieru

Unread postby kawaiiShieru » Thu May 04, 2006 12:21 pm

Zemyla:
I'd preffer if you choose a character from the list .I mean Sephiroth is more understandable that he came back becouse he's not human.But Wedge is human so gomenasai, the most important characters are the ones in the list please choose one of them ^^.

Jak Snide:
You mean Sephiroth or Cloud? o.O

Shinigori:
....uh well if he wanted Cait Sith is fine with me if you edited my post and Capntastic's...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kawaiishieru>kawaiiShieru</A] at: 5/4/06 12:42

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu May 04, 2006 12:35 pm

Image <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: Besyanteo&nbsp; Image at: 5/4/06 13:49

kawaiiShieru

Unread postby kawaiiShieru » Thu May 04, 2006 12:39 pm

I used the gomen nasai to apologyse since it means "I'm sorry".

And ok ^^ Lestast.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu May 04, 2006 12:40 pm

By Big Bro I mean the righteous dude who runs the gym in the Sector 6 slums. Or did, since it probably got messed up when meteor came. You probably know him best as "the dude who gave Cloud his wig."

kawaiiShieru

Unread postby kawaiiShieru » Thu May 04, 2006 12:44 pm

oh yeah I remember him...umm I dunno...but you're not interested in any of the FF character in the list?

If not so I can think about it since it would be so weird...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kawaiishieru>kawaiiShieru</A] at: 5/4/06 13:00

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu May 04, 2006 5:15 pm

Also, I have two words for you:

Phoenix Down. Why hasn't anyone used it on him? Hell, why didn't anyone use it on Aeris when she died? <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

kawaiiShieru

Unread postby kawaiiShieru » Thu May 04, 2006 5:36 pm

Phoenix downs are for KOed (aka.Unconcious) not for dead characters o.O I'm following the game's point of view we have to be logical.

If it were like that the ff stories wouldn't be exciting because no one dies so no use to fight.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kawaiishieru>kawaiiShieru</A] at: 5/5/06 2:03

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Thu May 04, 2006 7:28 pm

I'd be interested in either Reno or Tseng with Tseng being higher on the list than Reno.

The question of if this is board or chat seems to relevant here since I'm not the best person in the world for chat RPs.

- Isao

Edited by: Blackwind Isao at: 5/4/06 19:34

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:50 pm

Just stepping in to say that is correct about Phoenix Downs. For further reference, see the scene in FF5 following Galuf's death, in which Kara tries a number of "revivification" methods to no avail. Phoenix could possibly be an exception to this given the events surrounding the Rachel subplot in FF6, that's uncertain. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri May 05, 2006 1:27 am

Regardless of Shini's edits, I would still like to play as Cait Sith.

Cait Sith...~<3

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 5/5/06 1:35

kawaiiShieru

Unread postby kawaiiShieru » Fri May 05, 2006 2:04 am

Capnastic can you pm me please? I'd like to know which character you'de really like to be. o.O...

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri May 05, 2006 7:18 am

We're a contrary bunch here. I'd be moderately surprised if you got more than a couple of people signing up for characters on the list. At least as their first choices.

Mostly that's because people like to put their own mark on characters, which of course is a lot easier for bit players than it is for one of the major characters in the game.

There's also the fact that the main characters would logically have access to pretty well all the materia in the game (assuming Yuffie hadn't stolen it), which makes them ever so slightly powerful. It's difficult to convince yourself you're playing the underdog when the character in question's already been instrumental in an epic battle for the fate of the world.

Given my druthers, I'd go with one of those poor, put-upon Shinra soldiers. Like I said, contrary. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri May 05, 2006 7:33 am

Big Bro's a Midgar man (at least when he's not on a night out), and a pretty tough one! His hometown's in a real jam, with even more crap throwing itself at the populace who, by and large, can't defend themselves. And, as we all know, Big Bro's fists of steel cut to the bone! Who better to step up and feed a knuckle sandwich to whatever abomination crawls its way out of the ruins?

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri May 05, 2006 10:00 am

I think private messages are a paid option only. Anways, I would like to play as the one I originally asked for. Don't mind Shini, when he's not editing posts to disrupt RP recruitments, he can be an okay guy.

It's not so much to disrupt recruitments as it is disrupt Zero. ~Shini

Which is still pretty annoying, as it also has the added effect of confusing the person who is doing the recruiting. Honkeyphile. - Zero.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=capntastic>Capntastic</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/5/06 10:11

kawaiiShieru

Unread postby kawaiiShieru » Fri May 05, 2006 10:41 am

*sigh* so it seems... alright I'll close this thread it's not worth it.Any one still interested in joining the rp can email me to LadyShieru@hotmail.com telling me which character they want to be.So to give you proper instructions like I did to Isao.The rp I have it running in my home forum we just need some more people to join.

Capntastic, you can e-mail me or if you have msnmessenger add me to your list.I'll help you if you're still interested.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kawaiishieru>kawaiiShieru</A] at: 5/5/06 10:42

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri May 05, 2006 11:53 am

Pointe one: Hi, Shieru! Sorry your intro to the forum is so confusing. :3

Point the two: Now -I'm- interested in running an RP with FF7 NPCs. At the very least, we should have an NPC bar or something.

I want to see Jak RP Big Bro. D=

Third point: Aero bars are boring, and do not grant you the ability to cast any spells. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 5/5/06 11:54

Return to OOC RP Discussion