HEY YOU GUYS (this is about D&D)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

HEY YOU GUYS (this is about D&D)

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:30 pm

If I were to start a D&D 3.5 RP on the board (THAT I WILL NOT SET IN ELEMAER, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE BASTARDS), would you join it?

Note that "not in Elemaer" doesn't necessarily mean "in Gaera". <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"The universe is all in the mind that perceives it, and sensation is the first and only reality. If a tree falls in the forest with no creature to hear it, then there is no tree."
-Dungeons and Dragons: Complete Arcane, page 167

"I don't know who's a bigger fool: Him for going, you for following, or me for not leaving you both."
-Demona, Gargoyles (Episode 11: Long Way to Morning)</p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: HEY YOU GUYS (this is about D&D)

Unread postby Kai » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:13 pm

I enjoy the system and have characters. Depends on whether or not it was in Gaera, for those of us who are bastards.
<p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Elitegamer7539

Unread postby Elitegamer7539 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:34 pm

I'd be willing to hop in possibly. Depends on if the campaign you have in mind interests me. <p>
____<span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">t(</span><span style="color:black;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">'.'</span><span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">t)</span>____
Kirby is not amused.</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:37 am

I would like to hear about the story some first, but if it sounds fun then I'd try to work it in, yeah. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:56 am

Yeah, because not liking a setting where the gods bestowed money upon you dependant upon how many monsters you've killed in the last week obviously makes you a terrible, terrible person. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:47 am

As opposed to all those settings where you get wealth depending on what the innumerable monsters you've been going around killing had on them at the time of their death?

Getting back on topic, I might be interested. It'd depend very much on the campaign setting and premise, and upon scheduling. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:26 pm

Would depend on setting, premise, and, though people will lynch me to say it--"power". You have almost NOTHING at first level in D&D, especially variance-wise, so...yeah. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:11 pm

Shini: I took that part out over a year ago. Way to stay on top of the information, schmuck.

Kelne: Board. Post on your initiative count in battle (preferably posting what you expect to be doing over the next couple turns, for expediency; this may take some working, but it has been done on other boards before)

Doug: I agree. That's why I don't touch D&D at anything below about level 5. Figure this would probably be at or around 15, especially because that would allow people to use the characters (or variants on the characters, if we decide to make a one-shot RP setting for this) that were created for the D&D campaign Brian was going to do before he started working full-time. Of course, I'd be using standard starting money (200,000 GP rather than the 250,000 GP Brian was prepared to give us) and removing all the caps on bonuses, price, etc, so items will definitely be retooled anyway.

Incidentally, if anyone wants copies of the following books, I have them on .PDF:
Complete Arcane 3.5
Complete Adventurer 3.5
Complete Warrior 3.5
Complete Divine 3.5
Draconomicon 3.5
Unearthed Arcana 3.0
Oriental Adventures 3.0
Races of Stone 3.5
Races of Eberron 3.5

I was considering using the Gestalt Characters variant from Unearthed Arcana if there was little interest, but that variant would just be silly in numbers. If only two or three (four at absolute max) of you want to do this, though, I'd definitely be prepared to do it. The gestalt variant is basically that at every level, you take the abilities of two classes and combine them - thus, if you took a level of Fighter and a level of Rogue, you'd get the Fighter's bonus feat, HD, attack bonus, class skills, Fortitude save bonus, and weapon/armor proficiencies, and the Rogue's sneak attack damage, Reflex save bonus, skill points, class skills, trapfinding ability, and proficiency in those couple weapons the Fighter isn't proficient in but the rogue is (hand crossbow, for instance). This is, of course, unbalanced, and would require that you face harder enemies and other gestalt characters to compensate. You'd also likely get more money. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"The universe is all in the mind that perceives it, and sensation is the first and only reality. If a tree falls in the forest with no creature to hear it, then there is no tree."

"I don't know who's a bigger fool: Him for going, you for following, or me for not leaving you both."

Elitegamer7539

Unread postby Elitegamer7539 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:25 pm

Yeeeeah, I think standard DnD style for me anyway. And while I agree on the super-low level complaints, I usually don't have a problem with starting around level 4 or 5. Typically I don't like starting above level 10 unless I'm using a character from a previous campaign or something.

...Also, I'd be interested in getting those books sometime. <p>
____<span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">t(</span><span style="color:black;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">'.'</span><span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">t)</span>____
Kirby is not amused.</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:19 pm

Hnn...I think that if Gestalt characters were introduced, we'd have to introduce some sort of compensation for the non-Gestalts so they'd be on-par, assuming it wasn't a party of Gestalt characters. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:27 pm

It'd be a party of Gestalt characters. That's the point.

EG: Contact me on AIM. My screenname is DeathRaySpleen. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:31 am

Another stupid question:

How DO Gestalt characters work with PrCs, anyway, if they can access them at all? I'm curious, to say the least. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:06 am

Gestalt characters choose two classes every time they level up, so they would pick a PrC and some other class they were also allowed to take levels in and take the best benefits of both. A lot of PrCs either become redundant or pointless as a result.

...and Gestalt characters are absurd things anyway. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:35 pm

You also can't level up in two PrCs at the same level, and obvious "combination" PrCs (Mystic Theurge, Eldritch Knight, etc.) are disallowed entirely.

Brian: I know they're absurd. They're fun to make, though :D <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

-Demona, Gargoyles (Episode 11: Long Way to Morning)</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/3/06 18:36

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:00 pm

As much as I'm amused by gestalt characters, I don't think I'd be interested in playing one. It's a little too much for me to take seriously, and I'm no fun as an RPer unless I'm taking it seriously.

I'll keep watching this thread, but I don't think I care to make any of my characters into gestalt characters or to create a new character that will be entirely unusable in all other contexts due to insane brokenness.

Yeah, I'm picky. No one ever said I wasn't. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

NamagomiMk0

Re:HEY YOU GUYS (This is about D&D)

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:57 pm

I actually find this likened to a game of Quake 3 with the Overkill mod. Not exactly the "balanced, proper" way...but a lot of craziness and fun nonetheless. After all, it's not every day you can double up on spell lists without sacrificing Caster level

Chat works better for me, admittedly.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 1/3/06 20:08

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:00 pm

I'm in full agreement on the topic of gestalt characters. Far too ridiculous for my liking. Board suits me fine, but as far as a level 15 start goes, I have mixed feelings. I think D&D starts to get a tad over-the-top when you get into high levels, even if my only experience to date has been positive. Still, I'm willing to be swayed by more experienced hands in this regard.

So far, talk seems to have been limited to mechanics, rather than setting. While mechanics are all very well, unless they're completely broken, they have little impact on whether or not I'm going to be interested in something. So, if we could get some information on setting, background, and so forth, I'd appreciate that. Mechanics can always be hashed out later.

Incidentally, I wouldn't mind nabbing a few of those books, when I have a bit of time. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:39 pm

Level 10, maybe, then. The sentiment seems to be away from level 15, but I personally don't have a lot of fun with level 5.

Since I'm looking more to run a decently long campaign with this setting (I've pretty much decided not to use Gaera), I'll necessarily have to paint in broad strokes, here. I'm currently drawing a map of a continent, with a couple kingdoms (including an island run by mages). There are two conflicting pantheons of deities on this continent (one is like the basic D&D set [god of the sun, god of death, racial gods, etc.] and the other worships four Elemental Spirits which split between them all the domains), which is a cause for strife. There's also a second, smaller continent across a small ocean that keeps to itself - it's the Asian-style one where the monks and samurai come from. I figure the PCs will probably be based (or at least start) in the country of Gorland, which is located in about the middle of the continent, is ruled justly and fairly by a parliament (which is multi-species), and has the diversity of terrain to support members of all the PHB races, with forests on the southeastern border between it and the Theocracy of Erom (which is, incidentally, the center of one of the rival religions), mountains separating it from the Kingdom of Creib to the north, and grasslands leading up to its western coast.

Hopefully an excuse can be put together for how the PCs know one another that won't require me to put together some kind of deus ex machina "Oh, you're all in a bar, and suddenly there's something you all need to investigate" type of excuse. If I need to do it, I need to do it, but I'd like not to have to.

Um. That's about all I have right now. I still need to finish the continent, and it would also probably be helpful if I were to put together at least the basics of religion, especially if someone's making a divine spellcaster. Anyone need any other information while I'm at it? <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

-Demona, Gargoyles (Episode 11: Long Way to Morning)</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/4/06 23:43

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:10 am

Uh...the plot hook? <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:19 pm

Quote:
Anyone need any other information while I'm at it?

Nama rememebers what happens when you ask the amateur anthropologist if she wants more information. You get a lot of questions that seem totally irrelevant to your plot but do matter to me. It's one reason why I tend to stick to Gaeran RP. Most of my questions have already been answered to my satisfaction because, well... it's a developed setting and has been for a while.

I think there will be less 'setting stress' for everyone if I sit this one out. <p>-------------------------

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:02 pm

Thanks, Doug. I'm getting to that when I finish fleshing it out.

Kai: If you say so. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:55 pm

Okay. This is just the hook for the first adventure. I'm fixin' to have a campaign happen here, so you'll all just have to wait to see the plot I'm putting together.

You've been approached (either singly or in one or more groups; it depends on if any of you decide to have previous experience with any other of you or if you're already an official and chartered adventuring company) by Dram Bergher, a rich merchant living here in Breve, Gorland. It seems his daughter has gone missing, and he has received a crude ransom note. He must bring roughly 100,000 GP to the grove of trees located a quarter mile south of Breve tomorrow night if he wants his daughter, Liela, back. He wants to be protected when he does this, of course, and thus he is offering to pay you each 2500 GP to accompany and protect him during the exchange.

Anyone who's spent a lot of time in Breve knows where that stand of trees is, and anyone who hasn't could ask Mr. Bergher. If anyone wants to scope it out or anything beforehand, I'd be willing to start the campaign the day you receive the job rather than the day you're supposed to accompany him. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:05 pm

Hm. A few big picture type questions from me. Firstly, the divine aspect - how involved are the gods in their creation, and does this match peoples' perception of how involved they are? A similar question on the involvement of celestials/infernals/extra-planar beings, etc in the world. Incidentally, which of the rival religions would we be starting in the domain of?

Moving on to the topic of the different races, are there any in particular who are a force to be reckoned with in the world, who are aloof, reclusive, or outcast for some reason?

Lastly, the nature of any conflict between the two religions? Sporadic skirmishing, periodic outright war, religious proselytizing aimed at capturing the hearts and souls of the congregation? <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:52 pm

Well, as I told you (Spleen) in person, I shall be attending this campaign. As for my character, we've talked in private about this, but basicly I shall be a Warlock from the supplemental book Complete Arcane. Mind you, he won't be spellcasting that much (so anyone that would like to act as our primary spellcaster may do so with any fear of others getting in the way). <p>

"En Taro Washington!" -Spleen.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/9/06 18:52

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:17 pm

The gods aren't as involved as people think or hope they are, especially the Elemental Spirits. Extraplanar beings meddle, though, and I'm sure you'll see your share of demon and celestial involvement taking place. Don't want to spoil anything.

Gorland, the country you're starting in, is about fifty-fifty as far as the two religions are concerned; it's very close to the center of the Elementalists, but the Deites hold sway over most of the world anyway. The Gorlish are actually pretty fair about the whole religion thing, which is why I chose it for you guys to start in.

Regardless of actual alignment, the standard good and neutral (especially lawful neutral or true neutral) races in the MM and PHB are generally excepted, those of races that are often evil are barely tolerated, those of races that are usually evil face hard mistrust, and those of races that are always evil are pretty much universally hated. This is merely the prevailing view in most human lands, and in fact many of the evil races (especially militaristic ones) have some lands of their own, and of course individual beings may be far more or less trusting for little or no rational reason.

In Gorland, the religions are pretty much balanced, and the more fundamental within those proselytize at the others. Elsewhere, especially in areas south of Gorland, the religions are far more seperate and quarrelsome, and in fact the forces of the two religions in the country of Gremance are in an uneasy truce following an 8-year-long war. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:41 pm

Oh, and because someone asked and I didn't make it completely clear, no we're not playing Gestalt. Standard level 10.

ALSO ALSO ALSO: Important point: I'm starting you all off with 46500 XP. This means that you guys have a cushion of 1500 XP over the minimum for level 10. Those of you who can are freely able to do whatever the hell they want with that XP; you're considered to have used it beforehand, as well, so you've also already paid up the downtime needed to craft any items and cast permanency or contingency or whatever before the campaign begins. For those of you who can't do anything with it...well, you killed a CR 8 monster by yourself, I guess, so give yourself a pat on the back because that's not easy. You didn't get any treasure from it, though. It was probably some kind of dire animal.

Character Creatin' and the way I want it done:
Doing your stats! Roll 4d6 seven times, and drop the lowest die from each set of 4d6 and then drop the lowest set. You get 2 full re-rolls. Assign willy-nilly. Being level 10, you get to raise two stats by a point each (or one stat by two). You'll get another one of these points at level 12, plus another at 16 and 20. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/17/06 21:50

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:33 pm

I have space for one more character, maybe.

We have a Fighter/Warlock (Darkknight), a Half-Dragon Fighter/Exotic Weapon Master who's going to be taking Dervish levels (Namagomi), a probable Cleric (Elitegamer), an Wizard/Effigy Master who might be jumping from PrC to PrC (GC), and a Tiefling detective-type rogue (Kelne).

EDIT: Yes, I know the last three posts in this thread are mine. Whatever. It's my thread.

EDIT2: SPOT FILLED YAR HA. Zem's character is complicated. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/14/06 20:14

Elitegamer7539

Unread postby Elitegamer7539 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:43 pm

I plan to be a cleric, but would you please, please, PLEASE make character creation a bit easier for me by listing some gods and thier domains? You mentioned over AIM that you're going to be splitting up sun and healing, and that's kinda messing with what I have in mind. If you want to save yourself some time and effort, just list the good gods if you want.

[edit] Also, if someone would be so kind, could I get a link or something to an easy to post character sheet? I forgot to bookmark the one I was directed to before.

[editedit] Uh... favored weapons would be nice too, actually. <p>
Kirby is not amused.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=elitegamer7539>Elitegamer7539</A] at: 1/11/06 19:27

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:28 pm

I'm simply going to ask about the deal with languages you mentioned ever-so-slightly yesterday, telling me to not pick a last bonus language, and all. Is there a reasonable explanation for that, or...uh...what? <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:15 pm

I'm redoing languages, to make them make a little more...you know...sense.

Deities come first, though, so you'll have to wait.

Although what I can tell you now is that you should change "Common" to "Gorlish".

EDIT:

Also, some rules now that we're starting to prepare to get the ball rolling.
1. I trust that you won't lie to me and fudge your die rolls. If I think one of you is lying to me, I may take action and use one of several programs that I found that would allow you to roll and give me a key to verify your rolls. I doubt this will happen, because you're a good bunch of people, except for Darkknight. I want rolls in bold on a seperate line like this:
Spot: 5 (natural) + 21 = 26
This will make it very easy for me. Please don't apply modifiers unless I tell you flat-out that you have it. Giving yourself a flanking bonus is only expedient when it doesn't require you to guess whether you're fighting something with Improved Uncanny Dodge. If you want to remind me of what bonuses (and penalties) you probably have, that's fine. Please roll damage at the same time you roll each attack. If you roll (or think you've rolled) a critical hit, include the confirmation d20 roll and both the normal and critical damage.
2. I'd rather you post once a week with a mess of conditionals than post every three days with a single action. Battles will take forever unless you're either able to post at least once a day or able to prepare for your probable next several actions in advance. Also, IMing me whenever you post is not only not annoying, but also very helpful! It might also be prudent to poke the next person in initiative if it's not an NPC.
3. Whenever I think it's necessary for the adjudication of a battle, I'll prepare a numbered grid and give you updates as to the positions of everything every time I post. If I've got a grid set up, please use positions whenever you can so people know what's going on.
4. I use fractional BAB and save rules. Without them, GC would probably be shafted out of one or two points of BAB, based on the multiclass he told me he might be planning, and I think Zem might be getting a similar treatment (I still need to look at his classes). This affects any multiclass character with more than one non-fighter progression BAB class. When you use fractional BAB and save rules for a multiclass character, round down at the last calculation instead of for the BAB and saves of each class seperately. Thus, a 1st level rogue (+3/4 BAB every level)/1st level bard (+3/4 BAB every level) does not have a BAB of +0 (as he would in standard rules), he has a BAB of +1 (or, actually, +1 1/2, but that won't be important until he levels up again). It's the same for saving throws.
6. I give bonus XP for great roleplaying (I give it for roleplaying, period, in RL games, but I expect better out of you guys), diplomacy, and ingenuity. I'll give you XP for sneaking past the sleeping monster, but if you wake it up and kill it later you're just getting the difference between what I gave you before and what you earn from killing it. Sorry. At least you still have the treasure.

I've never run a D&D campaign on a board before, so you'll have to bear with me. I'm sure it'll be okay. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/13/06 18:20

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:59 pm

Question regarding skillpoint use, and class skills.

Assuming you take one class where a skill is class, and then another where it is cross-class, would it be more reasonable to still treat it as class, or to do as the SRD states and purchase it as if a cross-class, but treat the possible maximum as if it were class? <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:26 am

It's just class for the classes that treat it as class.

Err...

That is, if you spend one skillpoint derived from Wizard levels on Climb (cross-class for Wizards), you get a half-rank. If you spend one skillpoint derived from Fighter levels on Climb (which is class for Fighters), you get a full-rank. When you level up, you gain skillpoints for your new level, not the class you chose previously - a character with Wizard levels who becomes a Fighter as his tenth level class gains those skillpoints to spend for his tenth level as a Fighter.

EDIT: In the interests of not double-posting again, here's religion stuff. These are just the good and neutral deities, which I did first for expediency in character creation, because I don't think you guys are going to be worshipping any gods of slaughter or anything.

Oros: God of the sun and creator of all life. Fights a never-ending battle against undead, the perversion of life, and their creator, Kel'vlash. Lawful Good. Favored weapon: Flail. Domains: Courage (CW), Glory (CD), Good, Law, Strength, Sun. Holy symbol: Sun disk.

Leiala: Goddess of healing, protection, and peace. Formerly a mortal healer, she was elevated to goddesshood after tending to the wounds of Oros and bringing him back to full strength after he was greviously wounded by Kel'vlash. Many of her clerics are pacifists. Neutral Good. Favored weapon: Mace, often merciful. Domains: Good, Community (CD), Creation (CD), Healing, Protection, Purification (CD). Holy symbol: Seven-pointed star in a heptagon.

Cyander: Trickster god, also patron deity of invention and luck. Famous adventures include losing one of his four (now three) heads after stealing Oros's crown, inventing alcohol, and giving birth to a flock of birds after accidentally cooking and eating every single one in existence at a banquet he held. Chaotic Neutral. Favored weapon: Dagger. Domains: Chaos, Creation (CD), Dream (CD), Liberation, Luck, Trickery. Holy symbol: Three heads attached at the top of the neck: one angry, one laughing, and one either asleep or afraid (there is dissention among theologians as to which one is correct, but both function correctly).

Gred: God of battle and strength, Gred delights in bravery, loyalty, and freedom and cannot abide cowardice or tyranny. He carries a magic sword, Verburon, that can leap out of its sheath to slaughter cowards without the help or even suggestion of Gred. Chaotic Good. Favored weapon: Greatsword. Domains: Chaos, Courage (CD), Good, Liberation (CD), Strength, War. Holy symbol: A sword gripped in a strong hand.

Lianderus: God of chivalry and nobility. Many of his worshippers are paladins, and indeed paladins as a whole are often referred to as Knights of Lianderus, because of a myth about Lianderus bequeathing powers of good to the first paladin, Terial. Lawful Good. Favored weapon: Longsword. Domains: Courage (CW), Force (CD), Good, Law, Nobility (CD), War. Holy symbol: A shield with the silhouette of a roaring lion emblazoned on it.

Barem: God of time and the earth, and creator of the dwarves. Barem also watches over prophets and in fact is responsible for giving many of them their power. Lawful Neutral. Favored weapon: Warhammer. Domains: Earth, Fate (CW), Law, Oracle (CD), Planning (CD), Protection. Holy symbol: A hammer superimposed over a mountain.

Aeor: Blind god of justice and retribution. He allowed himself to be blinded so he could not see if the mortals he judges are beautiful or ugly. That way, he could always be totally impartial, no matter what. He is Cyander's enemy, and persists in believing that Cyander is secretly out to do evil. Lawful Neutral*. Favored weapon: Halberd. Domains: Destruction, Fate (CW), Force (CD), Inquisition (CD), Law, Protection. Holy symbol: A round disk, half white and half black, with another disk inside it with the colors reversed.
*A Cleric of Aeor cannot be any alignment except Lawful Neutral.

Caelesa: Goddess of the woodlands, freedom, and nature. The elves are Caelesa's children, and many revere her (though they are free to worship other gods as they see fit), as do many rangers and some druids. Chaotic Good. Favored weapon: Longbow. Domains: Animal, Celerity (CD), Chaos, Community (CD), Good, Weather (CD). Holy symbol: A thin, feminine hand holding a bundle of arrows.

Redo: Keeper of the dead and god of magic and knowledge. He keeps those dead that have not proven themselves to be worthy of salvation before his brother, Aeor, in a desolate place known as the Gray Chamber. Neutral. Favored weapon: Spear. Domains: Cold (CD), Death, Fate (CD), Knowledge, Magic, Mysticism (CD). Holy symbol: A thick ring on a chain (believed to be representative of manacles).

Naxio: Deity (genderless) of self-perfection. Believed to have been a mortal monk who ascended to godhood by attaining perfection of mind, body, and soul. Lawful neutral. Favored weapon: Unarmed strike. Domains: Competiton (CD), Force (CD), Law, Planning (CW), Strength, Mind (CD). Holy symbol: A fist. However, clerics of Naxio (few as they are) have been known to turn undead with anything they believe totally in, including their own hands.

Loer: Goddess of travel, wanderlust, and luck. She has been on a never-ending journey since time began, and never rests. Exerpts from her journey are written down in the form of what is more or less the goddess' journal in the Book of Infinite Ways. Chaotic neutral. Favored weapon: Rapier. Domains: Celerity (CD), Chaos, Liberation (CD), Luck, Summoner (CD), Travel. Holy symbol: Any kind of shoe or boot, as long as it is worn out. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/5/06 16:57

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:54 pm

I FORGOT TO SAY THIS:

You get 2 full re-rolls. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:25 am

Nitpicky statement: Don't you mean asexual, or perhaps genderless? "Non-sexual" conveys something totally different. <p>

</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:59 pm

Yeah, you're right, Brian. Genderless. I change, I change. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:04 am

Didn't I point that out to you as well...? Eh, maybe I'm being delusional... again. <p>

"En Taro Washington!" -Spleen.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/22/06 11:04

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:47 am

No, I'm fairly certain you've never mentioned it to me at any time when I had a decent chance to remember it and do anything about it.

EDIT: BEFORE I FORGET AGAIN:

Favored classes are abolished. Everyone has a favored class of "Any" now, just like humans. The same for bonus languages, except I don't know if that matters now that I've had my wild way with the language system.

Err, if you're still waiting on info on the language system, you might want to IM me. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/23/06 22:33

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:18 pm

Whee! I can take Druidic as a bonus language now! :D <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:44 pm

Except Druidic. Druidic is still Druid-only.

Bastard. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:59 pm

OH, ALSO.

A friend of mine will be helping me along with the whole DMing thing, acting as my adjunct (because otherwise this RP may be proceeding at a crawl as I attempt to control every single NPC). He's posting in this thread in a second.

Joe: This is the guy we met at the jazz thing in the summer, remember? <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/24/06 18:03

Next

Return to OOC RP Discussion