HEY YOU GUYS (this is about D&D)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
f0n9

Re: HEY YOU GUYS (this is about D&D)

Unread postby f0n9 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:34 pm

As Spleen has mentioned (above), I will be assisting in the DMage so as not to cause chaos and pain in the otherwise-overworked brain of that-which-be-Spleen.

...erm, greetings. <p>Image</p>

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:44 pm

Yep.

Also: People should IM me who still need language stuff, a campaign map, any PDFs (I got a couple new ones, including Unapproachable East and Libris Mortis), country information (remember that you'll need to figure out where you're from), etc. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"The universe is all in the mind that perceives it, and sensation is the first and only reality. If a tree falls in the forest with no creature to hear it, then there is no tree."
-Dungeons and Dragons: Complete Arcane, page 167

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:14 pm

I so want Unapproachable East.

Telflammar Shadowlord is lav ;_; <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:03 pm

HEY!!! IT'S OUR GOOD FRIEND FROM OVER THE SUMMER!!!

Sorry if I'm being a little loud... <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
"En Taro Washington!" -Spleen.</p>

f0n9

Unread postby f0n9 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:23 pm

Nah, loud is fine. Could be worse, at least you're not trying to kill me... or convert me to communism. <p>Image</p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:11 pm

Eh... I'll get around to the converting in a sec. Just ask Spleen. He'll tell you. <p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:13 pm

Yeah, he'll do it all right.

Just wave a $20 bill in his face and start reciting the names of US presidents and he'll be turned as a 20th level cleric turns undead. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"The universe is all in the mind that perceives it, and sensation is the first and only reality. If a tree falls in the forest with no creature to hear it, then there is no tree."

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:54 pm

So a $50 would turn him like a 50th level cleric? <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:04 pm

I dunno. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:59 am

Christ. What did I get myself into? ;_;

f0n9

Unread postby f0n9 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:23 pm

Trust me, you don't want to know. <p>Image</p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:40 pm

Hey! The twenty dollar bill has no effect on me. Just the presidents... they bother me. And don't even mention McCarthy.

*shudder* <p>

f0n9

Unread postby f0n9 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:04 am

Yum, McCarthyism. Smells like overcooked politics.

Wait, McCarthy wasn't a president... why's he a bother?

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=f0n9@rpgww60462>f0n9</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/31/06 8:06

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:32 pm

I never said McCarthy was a president. I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

*shuder* McCarthy...

f0n9

Re: Re: HEY YOU GUYS (this is about D&D)

Unread postby f0n9 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:15 pm

I have decided. It is an important decision.

I have decided that one of the random battles will most certainly be a McCarthyist mob.

Now, to propose it to Spleen. <p>Image</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:33 pm

Random battle? It's already in the works as an entire expansive plot arc, maybe even the basis for my next campaign after this one. Maybe we'll go Epic. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

f0n9

Unread postby f0n9 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:50 pm

Epic, huh? Epic-level McCarthyists.

"I cast Summon Swarm lv. 23: Capitalists at you, communist heathen!" <p>Image</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:34 am

"I cast Summon Planar Ally: Mike Buresh at you!" <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

darkknight611891

Unread postby darkknight611891 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:20 pm

GAH! I'M SURRONDED BY DEMOCRATIC CAPITALISTS!!!

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:21 pm

....ok... I guess I typed that in wrong...

On a more related note, when are we starting this, Spleen?

f0n9

Re: Re: Re: HEY YOU GUYS (this is about D&D)

Unread postby f0n9 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:12 am

As soon as he/I/we finish all the cities and suchlike. There's... a lot of them. <p>Image
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. Based on these axioms, a cat with peanut butter applied to its back will hover eternally in a state of quantum indecision.</p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

HEY YOU GUYS (this is about D&D)

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm

Heh, and to think he was asking me just last week whether we should start. Oh well, whatever...

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 pm

Actually, I'm mostly waiting for sheets from Kelne and Elitegamer. Cities are not paramount in importance at this particular time. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Elitegamer7539

Unread postby Elitegamer7539 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:37 am

I'll get mine in over the weekend. Sorry, this has been a rather hellish week for me. <p>
____<span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">t(</span><span style="color:black;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">'.'</span><span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">t)</span>____
Kirby is not amused.</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:25 pm

Something I forgot to address!

Where is everyone staying in Breve? I know Kelne's character shelled out 1,000 GP for an office in town.

I'm not making anyone buy a place to live with the money allotted. You're all assumed to own at least a simple house (1-3 room, wood, 1,000 GP) somewhere, or maybe even a grand house (4-10 room, wood, 5,000 GP). I won't start making anyone pay out of the money on their sheets unless they go for something like a mansion (100,000 GP) or a fortified tower (50,000 GP). If your house isn't in Breve, you'll be spending money staying at an inn. Unless you're eating silver dragon meat and drinking purified archon sweat, buying six prostitutes a day, and refusing to sleep on anything but powdered rubies, just leave at least a little money (say, 100, 150 GP) in your equipment and I won't make you worry too hard about it. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:55 am

And if we are?

...just out of curiosity, mind you.

darkknight61189
Rice President

.....*poke*

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Yeah... I'm with GC on that...

Another thing, have you told everyone here about your leave of absense? Also, will you have access to a computer where you are?

Then again, since you're leaving tonight, I guess a reply will answer that last question... Maybe... *pretends to know Spleen's schedule*

Elitegamer7539

Re: .....*poke*

Unread postby Elitegamer7539 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:44 am

I've heard nothing of a leave of absence whatsoever. I am dismayed at this possible lack of Spleenage.

Also, my character sheet is 95% done. Done enoug that I think I could go ahead and get into. I just need to rearrange a few spells and such, and then I'll be done. <p>
____<span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">t(</span><span style="color:black;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">'.'</span><span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">t)</span>____
Kirby is not amused.</p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: .....*poke*

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:18 pm

Well, apparantly he hasn't informed anyone of this.

Spleen is on a trip this week (coming back, I believe, at the end of the week) and so most likely won't be around. Again, I'm not going to pretend like I know what's going on with him. For all I know, the hotel he's staying at may have wireless internet and he may have been crazy enough to bring his laptop. *shrugs*

Spleen

Re: Re: .....*poke*

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:58 pm

HRAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!

I'm back.

I did bring the laptop, but there wasn't free internet. There also wasn't internet that I could pay for without a credit card. I left a message, mostly for you guys, in the Spam forum, about being away, but no one responded to it. I totally expected to be able to use the internet, but I couldn't. The website for the hotel lied. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:09 pm

Good! Now answer our pertinent questions on the campaign setting from a couple posts ago.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:51 pm

What questions? Besides "When are we starting?" there aren't any questions on this entire page of the post. (We're starting when Kelne and EG get me their full, completed sheets). Even before that, I haven't found any questions unanswered. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:04 am

Quote:
Unless you're eating silver dragon meat and drinking purified archon sweat, buying six prostitutes a day, and refusing to sleep on anything but powdered rubies, just leave at least a little money (say, 100, 150 GP) in your equipment and I won't make you worry too hard about it.

Quote:
And if we are?

...just out of curiosity, mind you.

Also, that is excellent news.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:20 am

Uh, then your upkeep is probably something like 1000 GP a day. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/16/06 0:21

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:58 pm

That's it? Hm, that's not that bad... <p>

Elitegamer7539

Unread postby Elitegamer7539 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:10 am

Yeah, since I'm pretty sure I'm the only reason this hasn't started yet, I apologise. College has been keeping me busy, and I don't think I'm going to have the time to actually participate in anything for a while now. I think I'm just going to have to drop out of this campaign.

Sorry for causing all the trouble, but there are people still interested in this at least you can start now. <p>
Kirby is not amused.</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:49 am

Well, all right, if you say so. Sorry to see you go, EG.

I promised Nakibe that if there was ever an opening, I'd tell him. He knows the game well enough that he can probably whip up a sheet in a relatively short time, and if we get him then at least I don't have to re-tool everything for five players. Incidentally, if for any reason he happens to come across this post (possibly related to Zero or one of you guys telling him), Naki can send me an email at combatchimp0@yahoo.com, because I don't think I'll be able to use the board this weekend (because I'll be in Maryland visiting family) but I might have access to email. After Sunday, post to this thread.

I still need Kelne's finished sheet, as well. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/4/06 8:34

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:23 pm

Hm... thought I'd mention to you guys that my Warlock has decided to change classes. He will still be fundamentally a warlock, but he has monk levels as well instead of fighter levels.

That is all. <p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:55 pm

It's apparently slow going on the two sheets we have left >_<. Aaaany time you're ready, Kelne and Nakibe.

In other news, I feel nitpickey enough to ask for the following information to supplement what I have; it would be far easier for me to have this IMed to me than anything else:

1. Most of Mulligan's backstory, especially where he learned to become a Wizard, how the hell he became an Effigy Master, and how/why he wound up in Gorland. If you want, GC, I doodled a map of Clorey during Latin class with the names of a couple of the better-known schools. I could send you the names and the schools.

2. What, if anything, is special about Adil's black sword, apart from being adamantine and having a +2 enhancement bonus. Also, the name of his tribe, what sort of ceremonies the ceremonial dances are attached to, and the purpose of the ruin in the desert. Also nice to know would be the name and location of Adil's scholar friend.

3. A new copy of Zem's sheet. I didn't lose it, I just don't know where the hell I put it. There's a fine distinction. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/13/06 0:47

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:20 pm

Oh, right! Backstory!

I knew I had forgotten something.

PreviousNext

Return to OOC RP Discussion