Doomsday (PS RP interest/signup thread)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
NamagomiMk0

Doomsday (PS RP interest/signup thread)

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:56 pm

As many know, Valth has been in a state of corporate war for many years. Though many technological advancements in weapons technology have come about from it, the main government has apparently had enough. If nothing else has been a factor, the fact that they have offered 2,000,000 VC to the first people to step up to killing all the high-ranking members of Karume corporation would be evidence.

...They're serious...right?

This will be a chat-based Philsys RP, and one in part of a series (plot included) starting out in Valth. I will be including the PS 0.7 modifications currently in place, as well as a number of house rules that I will post shortly. However, I will need to see if there is any interest whatsoever.

[EDIT] I will be leaving this thread up until next Sunday to determine if there's sufficient interest for me to bother starting this. Those who are interested, please link the sheet you are interested in using. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 10/23/05 9:13

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Doomsday (PS RP interest/signup thread)

Unread postby Kai » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:03 pm

Present and interested. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:03 pm

Do we need to create new Valthi characters for this?

Even if so, I'm in. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:07 pm

No, you do not need to. In fact, I'd recommend, if only for better "impact", that you use preexisting characters. Preferably converted to PS v0.7 (as I call it). First-gen only, please. However, you can create a new character if you like. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 10/21/05 23:08

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:25 pm

[url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/23/05 10:54
[/i]

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:28 am

I have a character in mind, I just have to update (and technically finish) his sheet.

If there are any other criteria you're looking at for characters, please inform me. <p>

</p>

NamagomiMk0

House Rules, as dictated by me.

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:40 pm

Alright. I said I'd post them, so here I, well, do.

First off: Cover can and does mess up one's spell accuracy here. Half cover gives a +3 bonus to MBlock, while full cover gives +6. Same here applies to projectile attacks.

Secondly, a round will be measured in increments of 20 points of Initiative. Anyone whose initiative goes above 20 for the round gets a bonus turn at the beginning. If a negative initiative is somehow gained, one's turn will be applied at (20+(result)) on the next round.

Criticals ignore all defenses. All damage reduction and elemental resistances/immunities/absorptions included. Reflection effects are bypassed completely. However, the attack only has 1.5x damage/effect normally, or normal effect to an enemy typically immune or absorbent to the attack.

The following conditions modify initiative in the following ways:
Weakness attacked: Defender loses 3 initiative.
Attack criticals: Defender loses 3 initiative, plus an extra 2 per extra level of critical.
Attack is negated through damage resistance or immunity: Attacker loses 3 initiative
Attack critically misses: Attacker loses 6 initiative, plus an extra 2 per level of critical failure.
Attack is absorbed:Attacker loses 3 initiative, Defender gains 3 initiative.
Attack is reflected: Attacker loses 6 initiative.

In the case of a multitarget attack, the attacker only receives one penalty in terms of the worst-case scenario (for a single given target in the AoE). All bonuses and penalties of this nature are applied on the next round, and only the next round. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 10/22/05 16:12

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: House Rules, as dictated by me.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:47 pm

I'd probably be interested still. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:29 pm

If this is the one that Im thinking about.
Yeah, sure. :o <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:12 am

Provided that it matches up with my limited schedule, I'd be in on this thang. <p>
<hr width="50%"><center><span style="font-family:comic sans ms; font-size:x-large;">AVAST!</span></center></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:34 pm

I will have a sheet as soon as I check a couple of things with Nama!

Edit: I went ahead and posted it already, so if there's any problem, let me know.

Oh, yeah, it's here. Zeke Mazuo reporting for duty! <p>

</p>Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 10/24/05 19:46

LadyDragonClawsEDW

GUESS WHO

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:46 pm

That's right, I am emerging from lurkery to try and put myself in!

Of course, I'd have to modify my stuff..or make a new character even. Hm. Maybe Claw. <p>--------------------

"If I have to grab a man's ass, you can smile." -Tolaris</p>

Kai

Re: GUESS WHO

Unread postby Kai » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:37 am

I have a sheet. Huzzah.

Myrnal's sheet lives here. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:14 am

Might use Damian. Depends on how much modding and such I'll have to do. Does it matter terribly if I use a Valthi ex-patriot?

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:40 pm

I could go for this but sadly my schedule is rather limited in terms of what I'm actually available for. If you can give out some times that you'd be looking to do this I could give a definite yes or no sort of thing.

- Blackwind.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:53 pm

Shucks. I was going to try to hop in with Yuji, but it seems you already have the requisite ninja. I suppose, though that it doesn't technically *stop* me from using him... <p>
<hr width="50%"><center><span style="font-family:comic sans ms; font-size:x-large;">AVAST!</span></center></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:07 pm

I've been waiting for this.

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:05 pm

Available times for me:

Sunday: After 8.5c/9.5e
Monday: After 9.5c/10.5e
Tuesday: After 7.5c/8.5e
Wednesday: After 7.5c/8.5e
Thursday: After 9.5c/10.5e
Friday: Available
Saturday: Available

These times will probably apply until late spring, so I thought it would be nice to get them out there. <p>-------------------------

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:06 pm

Whenever Kai is available. <p>

</p>

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 pm

Isao is gennerally available anytime until about 2 AM (eastern) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I could probably work something out for Wednesdays as well though I'd probably have to sacrifice one of the other days to make my life/job work here but the point is that I could probably do it if it was needed.

If that works out let me know.

- Blackwind <p>"I think weird is the latin root of role-player." - Gurgling Ooze</p>Edited by: Blackwind Isao at: 10/27/05 22:17

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:12 pm

Available times:
Monday: 7:30-10 PM CDT
Tuesday: 2:30-5:30 PM, 8-10 PM
Thursady: 2:30-5:30 PM, 8-10 PM <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

NamagomiMk0

Important notice.

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:56 pm

Those who are interested and haven't posted or mentioned characters to use, do so before Sunday, October 30th in order to be eligible for selection. I will not be able to choose on player alone.

Additionally, following examples already set, do post times one is available, if one has already posted or mentioned character to be used. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Deeum

Re: Important notice.

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:05 am

Anytime is find with me, actually.
Well, expect sometime after midnight.We all know what. I'm an addicted bitch.

I choose Deeum!

<p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Blackwind Isao

Re: Important notice.

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:11 am

I suppose I'd play as Anasia see as she needs to be dusted off at this point. Her sheet can be found here: p068.ezboard.com/frpgww60...=111.topic

*Because I'm too lazy to do anything other than copy and paste at the moment*

- Blackwind. <p>"I think weird is the latin root of role-player." - Gurgling Ooze</p>

NamagomiMk0

Sealed Fates

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:21 pm

Alright. Given the people who have actually proposed characters (with sheets) and displayed interest, plus various other factors, I shall allow the following characters for this RP.

--Sarah Deeum (Sarah)
--Zeke Mazuo (Brian)
--Myrnal (Ashley)
--Nezetta (Shini)

In case of an opening as a result of time incompatibilities, I will allow, with proper approval of characters, enough substitutes to fill it back out, but only BEFORE the initial session. After that, the RP will be closed until otherwise stated. However, the level average will be based on these original four. Those who haven't yet(Shini, I'm talking to you here), please post your times <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 10/30/05 17:22

Shinigori V2

Re: Sealed Fates

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:00 am

My schedual changes weekly, but this week I have everything open but sunday and friday past 1 AM. <p>

NamagomiMk0

Re: Sealed Fates

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 am

Affirmative. First session will start Friday night if all are present. Otherwise, Saturday. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:38 pm

EXP rewards go as listed:

Zeke: 600 base+100 distraction
Myrnal: 600 base+50 overkill
Nezetta: 600 base+100 planning
Deeum: 600 base+50 blind-shot

Level up as necessary <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

NamagomiMk0

Doomsday: Episode 2

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:13 am

Episode 2 is planned to be scheduled this week. Please post available times. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Kai

Re: Doomsday: Episode 2

Unread postby Kai » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:34 am

Tonight is the best night I can offer. I don't have to get up tomorrow and I don't work either. As a result, I'm available after about 3.5 this afternoon until possibly about 1am if necessary.

I IMed you last night to let you know this, but I don't know if you got it. Brian and I go on fall break next week, so we'll have somewhat more limited internet access as of Friday afternoon. That's when my flight home leaves, and I won't be able to use AIM openly until 8.5 the next Sunday. Other problem with break week: I'm not actually allowed in the house where the computer is once my parents go to bed. I won't even be in physical proximity to a computer after 9pm most nights.

So. Bleh. I've got tonight. Tomorrow I work. <p>-------------------------

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:45 pm

Damn. This is a significant setback. A pity, really. I won't be able to do too much tonight due to Physics homework, and I'm unsure as to whether or not anyone else is going to be open tonight.

Episode 2 may have to be postponed as a result of this. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:05 pm

I need to start checking this forum more often.
Well, let me know when the next one will be. I'll likely be open for anytime like I said before. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

NamagomiMk0

Posting from NKU

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:06 pm

As I will be studying for exams, and my internet is likely going to be down this weekend anyway, there will be no session of Doomsday this week. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Kai

Re: Posting from NKU

Unread postby Kai » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:39 pm

Announcement of sadness.

I will be available this week. I have final things, but I will at least be physically near a computer.

After that, I go on break. For a long time. Four weeks long. I don't think I'll be able to get on AIM for any regular schedule. If I find that on a given weekend there will be an opportunity for me to do so, I'll be sure to post here and let people know. <p>-------------------------

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:20 pm

So, are we continuing tomorrow? We seem to be having issues being here at the same time, and I don't want to plan anything if other people are going to be available. <p>-------------------------

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:02 am

Alright. Assuming everyone is on tonight, it will be continued. However, I will note that I cannot really leave any other time than Saturday nights open. Times will be unpredictable thanks to this computer being jointly-owned at the moment, so you'll have to bear with it. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:01 pm

Saturdays? Er, that may pose a bit of a problem.
Saturday nights are normally the night Jak pulls Chris and I for his WoW DnD sessions <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dragonmistressscv>DragonMistressSCV</A] at: 2/5/06 23:01

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:26 pm

GRAGH.

Hmm...I could move it to Fridays, assuming some other things could be moved to Saturday. Friday and Saturday are my two only big open PS RP days of the week, though. And for friday, not until after 7 at least. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:49 am

Fridays are an issue for me; I work. <p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:17 am

...I am NOT about to make this board-format, people. Just noting.

EDIT: This is not due to hatred of board-format, so much as it is my inability to work with board format RPs more than half the time. Faster-paced, larger board RPs just do not work with me. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 2/6/06 10:58

Next

Return to OOC RP Discussion