Machine Knights reAct (Restarting a rather cool RP and such)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Machine Knights reAct (Restarting a rather cool RP and such)

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:49 pm

I am bored, and the lack of RP disturbs me.

Along with that, some ideas are too interesting to just let die.

Thus, if there is enough interest among you crazy people, Machine Knights shall indeed return.

I'm too lazy to post too many details right now, thus, A link is in order. If you refuse to use this link, then by all means, contact me and I'll hopefully try to resolve some questions... or only cause more new ones.

For those who are too lazy to follow the link: Military polots in Giant Robots. There, I've said it. Happy now?

NamagomiMk0

Re: Machine Knights reAct (Restarting a rather cool RP and s

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:46 pm

YES! YESYESYESYESYES! YES! I WANT IT TO RETURN. IWANTITTORETURN!

...Also. You win for a subtitle that reminds me of Melty Blood: ReACT. Seriously. Winwinwinwin.

DAMNIT PEOPLE SIGN UP. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:41 pm

Wait, what? My presence may be required here. <p>
<hr width="50%"><center><span style="font-size:large;">GRIMLOCK SMASH PUNY HOLIDAY!</span></center></p>

NebulaQueen

Giant Robots = EXPLOSIONS!

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:21 pm

Shaun knows that I'm all over this.

Zemyla

Re: Giant Robots = EXPLOSIONS!

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:55 pm

I am so interested it's funny.

And sorry if it's late. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Wise Owl 66

Unread postby Wise Owl 66 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:03 am

This rookie wants in!

CronoLuminaire

Unread postby CronoLuminaire » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:57 pm

I'm interested. But, is this going to be forum or chat? I proabably won't be involved if it is the former.

Nakibe

Explosions please me! MORE! eVe

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:07 am

Heh. A bit late, but I suppose that's slightly better than never, right?!? ^^;;;

Still kinda working on some details of the thing, and I haven't gone through the old logs of the Machine Knights RP just yet, so I'm not quite clear on which details of the RP will change much, but eh.

For those of you who already HAD characters, I suppose there's nothing stopping you from going ahead and posting sheets for your characters, assuming that you either want to revise or rewrite your characters.

Also, I assume you all have 50 CP to use after all the stuff that we've done in the past. If you use your old sheet and you don't quite HAVE 50 CP, then you probably want to update it so that you DO have such.

For those of you who are new, we are using the BESM system for this RP. If you are familiar, then you can probably go right ahead and make a character and sheet for my approval. If you don't have anything on the BESM system, you can try to contact me (CGNakibe) while I'm online and I can do my best to hook you up with as much information as I possibly can.

Also, this is intended to be forum, rather than chat. Time issues make it almost impossible for me to gather everyone at the present, unless some situations have changed. I'm open to the idea of making this chat, but I doubt that it'll come together at the moment.

Thank you all for putting up with me about now, blah blah blah, I AM EVIL and such.

NamagomiMk0

50 CP?! HOLY WTF!

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:58 am

But...here is another question. How many ranks of OBM are we limited to, maximum, upon creation, and what attribute restrictions or requirements are placed upon both characters and mecha?

Wise Owl 66

Unread postby Wise Owl 66 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:08 pm

If your creating a new chacrter who didn't play in the previous version, should I make it 50 or 30cp?

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:22 pm

50 CP is for everyone, yes.

NamagomiMk0

ACTUALLY COMPLETE

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:28 am

Kanna Nansrakii
Height: 5'5
Weight: 133 lb.
Apparent build: Fair
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

--Character Points--
Total spent: 50
Spare CP: 0

--Stats--
Body:8
Mind:5
Soul:8

--Derived Stats--
HP:70
EP:65
ACV:7
DCV:5

--Attributes--
Own a Big Mecha Rank 5 (100 Mecha Points):20 points
Appearance Rank 1 (Moderately attractive):1 point
Personal Gear Rank 2 (2x Major, 8x Minor):2 points
Extra Attacks Rank 1 (+1 attack and defense/round):4 points
Highly Skilled Rank 5 (+50 skillpoints):5 points
Gun Bunny Rank 3 (Two Guns, Dead Eye, Steady Hand):3 points

--Character Defects--
Conditional Ownership (Mecha) Rank 2: +2 points
Guy/Girl Magnet Rank 1: +1 point
Famous Rank 1: +1 point
Red Tape Rank 1: +1 point
Not So Tough Rank 1: +1 point

--Skills (15/70)--
Gun Attack(Auto-fire) - 2 (10)
Heavy Weapons(Launchers) - 1 (5)
Melee Attack (Knife) - 1 (4)
Thrown Weapon (Grenades) - 1 (4)
Ranged Defense (Armae) - 2 (10)
Melee Defense (Armae) - 3 (12)
Piloting (Armae) - 2 (10)
Physical Sciences (Kinematics) - 1(3)
Mechanics (Armae) - 1 (4)
Gaming (Third-person shooting/action games) - 2 (4)
Cooking (Hamburger-related dishes) - 1 (1)
Performing Arts (Standard theatre) - 1 (1)
Driving (Cars) - 1 (2)

--Profile--
The subject in question, Kanna, is an unusual case amongst our registered Arma pilots. Having arrived a couple of years ago, the first thing that stood out was her motive for joining our army; she wasn't interested out of any feeling of patriotic duty, but because of her interest in Armae, piloting one, and a desire to "get the best available pick". We still believe she mainly entered the army as an excuse to pilot an Arma without cost, however. She enjoys arma combat, particularly "up-close-and-personal" fights, be it with guns or melee weapons. Needless to say, she has already proven to be unorthodox in nature--something that is refreshing to some of the younger officers, but much to the chagrin of the hardliners of the senior personnel.
Not that her unusualness has gone unnoticed. Instead of any particularly notable deeds, she has become relatively famous for her behavior and appearance. Security recordings viewed appear to determine that at least a couple of the more hot-blooded sorts around here have taken far more than a cursory interest in her, much to the irritation of not only herself, but idealists who still believe in how soldiers should behave with a degree of decency and dignity. The reasons for this vary, but fortunately the number of incidences is small, and thus extra measures to restrain personnel are not necessary for the time being.
She is not an unskilled pilot, however. On various occasions, we have observed her ability with guns in an Arma, and her apparent "ambidextrous" preference with weapons. She displays a knowledge of at least something about how Armae work to a degree past the basics that most Arma pilots know. Of course, this is hard to determine when one looks through her personal belongings--which seem to have little to do with actual study of Armae. Music or various noises can be heard from her room at times.
As she has had more than her fair share of combat experience, she has earned a good number of upgrades for her Arma, which she has not given a specific name, except listing it as a "custom". She is still fighting through the paperwork from her last upgrade, after which approximately half the engineering personnel in the section are ready to throttle her for suggesting the ideas in the first place.

--Personal Gear--
Minor: Collection of "Arma Mayhem" sporting event video discs, seasons 1-5.
Minor: Various rock audio discs and a couple of "Dead Plague Mechanic" posters.
Minor: Personal computer
Minor: Various game discs
Major, 2x Minor: A shiny...dark purple...sports car, with a V-12 engine and high-quality brakes on it. Needless to say, it's quite fast. And loud. And has an audio disc player. For her music. Additionally, the doors open upward, as opposed to the standard configuration. Like those fancy cars do. As far as appearance goes, it would be comparable to a 2001 Lamborghini Diablo. Only dark purple.
Major, 2x Minor: A KWR-AR/2c Carbine-format, standard-configuration assault rifle with a telescoping stock. This weapon comes with a pair of tactical rails, both of which are empty as of current. I'll bother Shaun about the stats on it later.
Mundane items: Audio disc player, knife.

--Mecha Details--
Name: KA-074/E "Mara(Kanna Custom)"
Profile: Originally a standard "Mara" land superiority model, the pilot has had various modifications performed on this. The most significant modification has been that the standard generator and engines have been stripped out, and replaced with those from our "Aeshma" heavy attack model--this resulted in design complications, as the cockpit had to be reduced in size to accomodate the generator, and the power system was, to quote one engineer, "a literal nightmare", where great pains were taken in order to make the electrical system fit in a viable manner that still supplied full power to all systems. She does not appear to have any trouble with the cockpit's reduced size. In addition, the Arma's drive system has been tweaked for top mobility and reaction time, allowing for near-instant responses to input, and a dodging ability not unlike our Nahema light models. We had to switch out engineering teams on that installation effort, lest the first one mutiny.
        Fortunately, these changes were beneficial in the end, despite the work necessary. Other additions were also made to the Arma in question. These were much easier due to the modular nature of the base frame. A booster for dashing on the ground had been added in order to facilitate a higher movement speed. The frame itself was reinforced, and a moderate strength alloy armor had been added on in order to grant further protection, and potentially spare the mechanics a headache. In addition, standard radar and a set of specialized sensors have been equipped, allowing for self-sufficiency as far as detection of enemy units go. Lastly, the Arma's frame has been modified to disrupt the very kinds of waves that are typically used for radar detection. Weapons mounted on and stored in hardpoints and compartments, respectively, will be covered on their own. The Arma itself is in the Vsidhya(land) configuration as of current--detail will be given as necessary for the Shudra(marine), Ksatriya(aerial), and Brahman(space) configurations.

--Mecha Attributes--
Life Support Rank 2 (Full life-support, can function in vacuum): 2 points
Toughness Rank 3 (+60 HP): 12 points
Speed Rank 6 (+4 Initiative, +120 KPH): 6 points
Mobility(Ground) Rank 6 (+4 Initiative, +2 DCV): 6 points
Jumping Rank 4 : 4 points
Ground Speed Rank 5 (Up to ~600 KPH): 10 points
Special Movement(Light-footed) Rank 1 (Full ground movement speed over sand, snow, ice, and similar terrain): 1 point
Extra Attacks Rank 1 (+1 attack, defense): 10 points
Superstrength(full) Rank 1 (+10 melee damage, can lift up to lb.): 3 points
Special Attacks Rank 7(Four extra R6): 32 points
Sensors(Standard) Rank 1 (1 mile detection radius): 1 point
Sensors(Indirect) Rank 3 (1 mile detection radius): 3 points
Invisibility(Radar) Rank 1 (Totally invisible to radar and equivalent): 3 points

--Special Attacks--
Special Attack: KWG-MG480/8 Submachinegun (x2)
Description: These submachine guns are one of our more unusual models, typically glossed over in favor of built-in weaponry or a rifle of some sort. These guns are able to be used one-handed by a standard-sized Arma, and thus one can use two at once if it so desires. The gun itself is a smoothbore automatic with a short barrel. The gun's clip is capable of holding up to 480 shots, and the magazine is mounted underneath the barrel. The hail of shots this gun is capable of can rip most Armae to shreds without any effort whatever. However, these guns have some notable drawbacks--first in that they drain ammo like almost nothing else, and second that, as a result of the gun having a short, smooth-bore barrel, the effective range of this weapon is extremely short compared to most guns.
Base Rank:6
Advantages: Auto-Fire
Disadvantages: Short range, Limited Shots x1(6 shots, can be reloaded.)
Final Rank: 75(Autofire)

Special Attack: KWL-P5011-b Heavy Combat Knife
Description: An Arma-grade combat knife. Aside from the high-frequency vibration that gives it necessary penetrating power against enemy Armae, there isn't much else significant about this, besides it being a knife, anyway.
Base Rank: 6
Advantages: Penetrating (Armor) x1, Muscle-powered, Concealable
Disadvantages: Melee
Final Rank: 5 (75+10 damage)

Special Attack: KWC-GN516 Grenade Launcher
Description: A heavy grenade launcher typically used for heavy artillery models, it consists of a telescoping barrel, and a rotating cylindrical ammunition chamber not unlike that of a revolver, with six slots for its deadly payload. This weapon is mounted onto a back hardpoint, where it remains until use. The rifled barrel is normally collapsed into the cannon when it is not in use, but extends to its full length as the grenade launcher moves into a "ready" position. In such a position, the weapon fires--and it is capable of dealing massive damage to its targets with the heavy shells typically used. The gun itself is extremely accurate as well, thanks to the rifling. However, as the recoil on this weapon is massive, a Mara would have to kneel in order to compensate. In addition, the weapon is set up to compensate for some of the recoil by allowing the blast to exit out the back--this is still dangerous, however. In addition, carrying extra ammunition is not a possibility here, so every shot must count.
Base Rank: 7
Advantages: Accurate x1, Area-Effect x1
Disadvantages: Static, Limited Shots x1, Backblast x1
Final Rank: 9 (135 damage, Area-effect)

Special Attack: KWB-NP/133-S Napalm Bombs
Description: These large canisters are effectively napalm bombs, and can be stored inside a protected ammunition compartment on the left leg. When thrown, these canister-like bombs can explode in a wide blast of napalm within its range. This, of course, burns. Though Armae do not burn like people do, the fire is nonetheless harmful in general, particularly those with cooling issues. Only three can be carried, however, and they take a second to "prime", typically, before one can throw them properly.
Base Rank: 6
Advantages: Area-Effect x2, Burning, Enduring x2, Indirect
Disadvantages: Limited Shots x2 (3, no reload), Slow
Final Rank: 3 (45 damage/burn. 60-foot AoE endures for two rounds after initial blast) <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 3/10/06 14:57

Nakibe

Skill Lists of Doom

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:36 am

Please note that I am using the BESM Space Opera set of skill point costs for this RP. For those who don't know, BESM uses a different set of skill costs based on the type of game it is meant to emulate. One rank in a skill may cost you more or less depending on the campaign. Altogether...

Acrobatics 3
Animal Training 1
Architecture 1
Artisan 1
Biological Sciences 4
Boating 1
Burglary 2
Business Management 2
Computers 4
Controlled Breathing 1
Cooking 1
Cultural Arts 1
Demolitions 2
Disguise 2
Driving 2
Electronics 4
Forgery 2
Gaming 2
Interrogation 2
Intimidation 3
Law 2
Linguistics 2
Mechanics 4
Medical 3
Military Sciences 3
Navigation 3
Performing Arts 1
Physical Sciences 3
Piloting 5
Poisons 1
Police Sciences 3
Riding 1
Seduction 3
Sleight of Hand 2
Social Sciences 2
Sports 1
Stealth 4
Swimming 1
Urban Tracking 3
Visual Arts 1
Wilderness Survival 2
Wilderness Tracking 2
Writing 2

-- Combat Skills --

Archery 2
Gun Combat 5
Heavy Weapons 5
Melee Attack 4
Melee Defense 4
Ranged Defense 5
Thrown Weapons 4
Unarmed Attack 4
Unarmed Defense 4

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:28 pm

http://www.technofetish.net/

For the lazy asses among you (much like myself), here is a Lunk that will help you with character generation. It won't tell you what the attributes specifically DO, but it will definitely keep track of the basic set of BESM attributes and how much you're spending on them.

If you use this and need help with what the attributes mean, don't be afraid to ask.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:49 pm

For the record, my character is almost done and I just need to write up a backstory doodad thing. Which I'll need to talk to Shaun about, since I'm a bastard. <p>
<hr width="50%"><center><span style="font-size:large;">GRIMLOCK SMASH PUNY HOLIDAY!</span></center></p>

Zemyla

Re: VERY VERY NEAR COMPLETE.

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:40 pm

Name: Kelom Sakakine
Genre: Space Opera
Race: human
Height: 3'2"
Weight: 45

Profile:
Subject A (Kelom Sakakine) stands out not only for her small size, but for her hands-on attitude and mechanical skills. She first came to our attention during the Home-Built Aircraft contest (See File ID 3610415: RESTRICTED). She achieved second place in this contest. Her aircraft was technically superior to many of the craft present, and her piloting skills were exemplary. Recruitment efforts were successful, and she has subsequently worked in both mecha design and mecha combat. Her craft was originally a Manta Ray-model training plane, but she has modified it almost to unrecognizability.

Body: 5
Mind: 10
Soul: 6
Health Points: 55
Energy Points: 80
Shock Value: 11
Combat Value: 7
Defense Value: 5

Old stats:
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Attributes:

Skills
Piloting 3x5 = 15
-Craft she has created
Mechanics 4x4 = 16 (+1 levels from Mechanical Genius)
-Fast repair
Computers 1x4 = 4
-Mecha computers
Electronics 2x4 = 8 (+1 levels from Mechanical Genius)
-Mecha electronics
Gun Combat 1x5 = 5
-Heavy pistols
Intimidation 3x3+ 1 = 10
-In mecha
-Glare of death
Gaming 2x2 = 2
-Card games
Heavy Weapons 3x5 = 15
-Energy weapons
Ranged Defense 1x5 = 5
-Against mecha
Melee Attack 2x4 = 8
-In mecha

Not So Strong 1x-1 = -1
Highly Skilled 7x1 = 4
Personal Gear 2x1 = 2 (2 major items)
Major Items (2 major items)
Minor Items (8 minor items)
Mechanical Genius 1x2 = 2
Unique Character Defect (Small) 1x-1 = -1

Mecha: Golden Hand (Custom: from Manta Ray training aircraft base)
This model was originally a training aircraft that had been decommisioned. Kelom was granted access to it, as well as parts from other mecha. This was the result. In design, it is a flying wing craft, like the Manta Ray; however, it has upgraded weapons, as well as a force shield and tractor/pressor beam. Its primary disadvantages are that it is not maneuverable at all on the ground, and unlike hominid-form mecha, it has no arms (though its tractor beams can help deal with that disadvantage).

Own a Big Mecha (OBM) 5x4 = 20
Telekinesis 5x2 = 10 (Lift large truck, can deal 75 damage)
Anything
Flight 5x4 = 20 (Up to 2,500 MPH)
Can Hover
Force Field 3x3 = 9 (45 damage prevented)
Only Protects Character
Ground Speed 1x2 = 2 (30 MPH)
Heavy Armor 2x4 = 8 (20 damage stopped)
Obvious
Life Support 2x1 = 2 (protection in space)
One Arm/No Arms 2x-1 = -2
Restricted Ground Movement 1x-1 = -1 (requires smooth, flat ground)
Sensors 3x1+ 1 = 4
Analytic and Normal
Toughness 2x4 = 8 (20 extra HP)
Manoeuvre Bonus 2x1 = 2

Weapon: Fusion wave
The fusion wave is an attack that uses magical technology to drain from the energy of the pilot and create a wave of fusing deuterium and tritium. Kelom, having no innate magical ability other than latent energy, has expressed her disdain for a weapon that she can't easily repair, but this is mitigated somewhat by its undeniable effectivness.
Weapon Attack 8x4 = 20 (150 damage)
Slow 1x-15 = -15 (1 Action prep time)
Fixed
Uses Energy 2x-15 = -30 (10 energy points to activate)
Long Range

Weapon: Pulsed plasma cannon
This weapon is the primary attack of the Golden Hand. It is a rotating turret on the top of the aircraft, using directed magnetic fields to propel a hail of orbs of burning energy.
Alternate Attack 8 (90 damage)
Auto Fire
Burning, Fast (9 damage for 5 rounds)

Weapon: Field press
This is the result of overcharging the force field generator, producing a wave of concussive force spreading outward. It interferes destructively with existing force fields, rendering them useless against this attack.
Alternate Attack 8 (90 damage)
Melee
Muscle Powered
Penetrating (Force Field) 2x15 = 30 (Force Fields have No Effect)
Area Effect 1x15 = 15 (30 metre radius) <p>-----

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>Edited by: Zemyla&nbsp; Image at: 2/14/06 18:16

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:59 pm

Mew Mew.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:22 pm

Does this mean you're starting soon? <p>-----

</span>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:49 pm

Try "Its hard to start things up when it seems vaguely like not everyone is interested at all". >:{

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:41 am

It's also called "I need to poke Neb and FD. Again."

Choark

Eheh

Unread postby Choark » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:30 am

.. If this is still open I'd like to consider joining ^_^; Mecha's are fun and I still have an unused BESM RP book that shouldn't be unused.

Though I'll only cause problems if this is a chat RP as I'm not really availble very often to RP for any long period of time, Satadays are the only days where I can stay up til 6 in the morning over night RPing I'm afraid.

So eh.. yeah. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> <span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">HEROES DON'T NEED PANTS</span> </div></p>

Zemyla

Re: Eheh

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:55 pm

Quote by Shaun:
Also, this is intended to be forum, rather than chat.
<p>-----

</span>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:57 pm

Well shut my mouth and call me Arthur!

And to make this post worthwhile:

How advanced are A.I.'s in this world?

Edit: Or I could.. I don't know.. Read the linked thread! Jeeeze! <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> <span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">HEROES DON'T NEED PANTS</span> </div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/22/06 14:19

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:17 pm

I shall be dropping out of the RP, due to <STUFF>. I'll talk to Shaun more about it later. <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>

Choark

Lets get to it!

Unread postby Choark » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:38 am

EDIT!!

Right, I did a rethink on how I wanted this character to be. Orginally I was like "Hey if they can make Mecha it shouldn't be too hard to make a human looking body!" but thinking about it and considering the size, design difference, not to mention the fact for a Cyborg they have to make it so it responds to brain waves as well as feed internal sensory equipment in such a fashon that the spines nervous system can properly respond too it, I decided that it was probably a really hard thing to do.

As such my Main dude has been remodelled. That and if ya going to be a cyborg you may as well make it a cool inhuman one! Though my personality idea still hasn't changed!

Also I tweaked the Mecha, which is now a completely close combat heavy armoured Tank, designed to take punishment and deal it out. Orginally I had Space Flight and Flight in it as a way of getting to the battle field but they have gone... due to points as well as I considering the fact a heavy armoured Mecha would just consume too much fuel to lift off, so economically thinking to have a back mounted rocket pack would just be too costly.

So here it is - REVISED and EDITED! This didn't take no where near as long as I am more awake, less ill feeling and had a clearer idea of how this all works! Still I would love comments and helpful tips.

As a note: I added the defects I wanted and gave the skills I thought would do and found myself with quiet a few character points left over and spent them on a few extra things I thought was cool. However if ya spot anything out of place be sure to smack me and go NO! Bad Cho!

P.S. Expect Chibi art of everyone soon ={ See? Having a fan artist in ya RP is good for something.

EDIT ": Might of made his awkward size one to many. Damn that plus button. Best move a point or two around later....

-----------------------

Name: Max Shonen
Genre: Space Opera
Race: Human Cybrog
Height: 7ft2
Weight: Heavy

Description and Character Notes:
Max became a Cyborg early on in his military career, being benifical to the circumstances he was under. As time went on he was constantly remodelled and refitted with new technonlgy over his born body that now he appears to be as much of a machine as any of the Arma's themselves. Externally he is a mass of metal, with a non human face that has four sensorory "eyes". Internally he is mixed and matched, with his vital organs still in place, though modified to some degree so they don't collaspe under the stress of his machine parts. Max has no hope of ever fitting in a normal crowd of people.

Personality wise he is rather different from the intimidating frame he finds himself in. He is plesant to people, good humoured and fairly easy going. He has always enjoyed playing basketball and often sets up matches around the base when there is little else to do, though the after match parties have caused officials a headache or two. He loves his car, which he has had for many years. He isn't very techical minded about it but he is often found polishing and washing it, taking great care over it.

Body: 8
Mind: 4
Soul: 10
Health Points: 110
Energy Points: 70
Shock Value: 22
Combat Value: 9
Defense Value: 7

Skills:
-Controlled Breathing 2x1 = 2
-Interrogation 1x2 = 2
-Intimidation 2x3 = 6
-Piloting 3x5 = 15
-Urban Tracking 2x3 = 6
-Gun Combat 1x5 = 5
-Unarmed Attack 2x4 = 8
(Extra Specialty)
-Driving 1x2 = 2
-Sports 2x1 = 2
(Basket Ball)
-Military Sciences 2x3 = 6
(Intelligence Analysis)
-Heavy Weapons 1x5 = 5

Attributes:

-Combat Mastery 2x2 = 4
-Gun Bunny 3x1 = 3
--One Bullet Left
--Steady Hand
--Weapons Encyclopedia
-Damn Healthy! 2x1 = 2
-Highly Skilled 4x1 = 4
-Heavy Armor 1x4 = 4 (10 damage stopped)
--Obvious
-Sensors 1x1 = 1
--Indirect
-Speed 1x1 = 1
-Personal Gear 1x1 = 1
--Major Items
Blue Open top Sports car. A 0 - 100MilesPerHour in four seconds beauty that doesn't waste fuel. Plus it looks nice.
--Minor Items
Basketball plus kit
Mobile Fridge filled with Beer and curry dishes
Personal handgun with ammo
Washing and polishing sets.

-Sensors 1x1+ 1 = 2
--Analytic and Normal
-Conditional Ownership 2x-1 = -2
--Own a Big Mecha (OBM) 4x4 = 16

Personal Defects:
-Awkward Size 1x-1 = -1
-Sensory Impairment 1x-1 = -1
No Taste
-Sensory Impairment 1x-1 = -1
Sence of feeling and touching things is impaired
-Hangar Queen 1x-1 = -1
-Red Tape 1x-1 = -1
-Physically Unappealing 2x-1 = -2
-Owned by a Megacorp 2x-1 = -2
-Skeleton in the Closet 1x-1 = -1
-Marked 2x-1 = -2

-Weapon Attack 1x4 = 4 (15 damage)
--Short Range
--Concealable
His right arm has a hidden gun located within the area between his elbow and his wrist built into his body that he can bring out in case of an emergancy.

The Arma Mecha:
A heavy armoured mobile Arma suit that is military made. Rather then having any weapons this Arma is suited for close combat attacks, normally reserved for taking on light military bases or terrorist facilities or front line work taking the bulk of the attacks. This gave birth to its nikname "The Moving Wall" in the press. Due to the growing costs and time it took to maintain the Arma it has mostly been replaced but it is still being used to this date in military campigns.

Nikname: The Moving Wall
HP: 120

Mecha atrributes:
-Speed 3x1 = 3
-Toughness 4x4 = 16
-Super-Strength 4x3 = 12
--Entire Body
-Heavy Armor 6x4 = 24 (60 damage stopped)
--Obvious
-Sensors 5x1+ 1 = 6
--Analytic and Normal
-Sensors 2x1 = 2
--Indirect
-Life Support 2x1 = 2

Obvious flaw in a big Mecha:
-Awkward Size 3x-1 = -3

"The Moving Wall" attacks with it heavy armoured Hands, built for close combat Melee fighting. Its first attack is a punch that can break armour and shields. The hands are also fitted with a small generator that can short out force fields.

- Weapon Attack 4x4+ 2 = 18 (60 damage) (Standard Punch attack)
--Penetrating (Armor) 1x15 = 15 (Armor and Shields at Half Effect)
--Penetrating (Force Field) 1x15 = 15 (Force Fields at Half Effect)
-Melee

The alternative attack method is using the generator to shoot out small bursts of controlled EMP's (Electrical Magentic Pulse's) as the punch connects. Due to the power usage of this generator the attack loses a lot of its power and can not break armour, shileding ot force fields as easily.

-Alternate Attack 4 (45 damage)
-Incapacitating (-1 modifier to stat check)
-Melee

---------------

There ya go then. Remodelled and refitted. I think this'll work and it has everything I can think of. Except a descibtion of the Mecha but again I've run out of time! BLAST! Oh well, its nothing specia anyway - Big man shaped heavy armoured hulk of a thing. Probably Orange and Black too cause I did all my Wazers like that in Armoured Core 3.

So I ask once again for the tenth time! Is it good? <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> <span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">HEROES DON'T NEED PANTS</span> </div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/24/06 20:56

Zemyla

Re: Wheeeee

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:39 am

You should remove all the weapon attacks except the one with the most points, and in the "Weapon Attack" you have left, you should put in the "Alternate Weapon Attack" attribute, one for each of the other attacks. It's much cheaper. <p>-----

</span>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:33 pm

QUICK AND DIRTY STORY:
Was a decently ranked/accomplished pilot for the other guys. Test pilot for experimental robot. Did things in testing that he didn't really approve of. Defected for the good of all! Also, suave.

Both governments are trying to not let out that he defected. Unfortunately, while he started out well, Eamon isn't very good at laying low. :(

Personality:
Eamon is a flirtatious, jovial guy. Generally entertaining to be around. Sometimes guilty of showboating around. Proud of his marksmanship/piloting abilities, sometimes overly so.

Name: Eamon Cooney
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 188lbs
Hair: Red-blond
Eyes: Green

CP: 57/57

Mind: 6
Body: 7
Soul: 8

HP: 75
EP: 70
ACV: 8
DCV: 6
SV: 15

Attributes:
OBM (rank 5 - 20pts)
Highly Skilled (rank 6 - 6pts)
Combat Mastery (rank 1 - 2pts)
Gun Bunny - Deadeye (rank 1 - 1pt)
Kensei - Judge Opponent (rank 1 - 1pt)
Appearance (rank 2 - 2pts)
Aura of Command (rank 3 - 3pts)
Personal Gear (rank 1 - 1pt)

Defects:
Nemesis (rank 2 - 2pts)
Red Tape (rank 2 - 2pt)
Guy/Girl Magnet (rank 1 - 1pt)
Conditional Ownership (rank 2 - 2pts)

Skills: (80/80)
Pilot (rank 3+1 spec - 15 points)
- Jet Fighter
- Arma
Driving (rank 2 - 4pts)
- Car
Seduction (rank 2 - 6pts)
- Female
Writing (rank 2 - 4pts)
- Poetry
Cooking (rank 2 - 2pts)
- Gourmet
Mechanics (rank 1 - 4pts)
- Automotive
Electronics (rank 1 - 4pts)
- Robotics
Military Sciences (rank 1 - 3pts)
- Tactics

Unarmed Attack (rank 1 - 4pts)
- Strikes
Unarmed Defense (rank 1 - 4pts)
- Strikes
Gun Combat (rank 3 - 15pts)
- Rifle
Ranged Defense (rank 2+1 spec - 11pts)
- Personal
- Aircraft

MECHA:
Name: VA-16 "Stormcrow" Variable Fighter
HP: 80

This is the preproduction model of the VA-16 variable fighter, stolen by Eamon during late testing. The concept of the arma was to have a standard fighting arma, capable of getting in and out of combat hotspots quickly and undetected. What they ended up designing exceeded all expectations; in addition to giving them what they were going for, it also ended up giving them added air superiority, and a rather large boost to firepower.

To accomplish this, they gave their creation two forms: That of a standard arma, and that of a scramjet.

In the scramjet form, it looks like an advanced jet. The wings are mounted at the back and swept forward, with additional fins above the engines and near the nose for control while in an atmosphere. It has weapons mounted on the undercarriage. The craft, while being able to make emergency landings, has no landing gear of its own. Instead, it is required in most situations to change into its arma configuration to land.

In arma form, the engines become back-mounted, like some sort of jetpack. They don't work nearly as efficiently, and as such, don't go nearly as fast. The wings attach to the hips, and the bottom-mounted weapons secure themselves on the back between the twin engines. The cockpit is situated on the chest.

Aerial Configuration: (106/106)
Attributes:
Toughness (rank 2 - 8pts)
Life Support (rank 2 - 2pts)
Mechanical Transformation (rank 1 - 4pts)
Flight - 2500kph (rank 5 - 20pts)
Heavy Armor - 20 DR (rank 2 - 8pts)
Maneuver Bonus - Air (rank 4 - 4pts)
Special Equipment - Cloaking Device (rank 5 - 10pts)
Sensors - Analytic (rank 3 - 3pts)
Special Defense - EMP (rank 1 - 1pt)
Space Flight (rank 3 - 6pts)

Defects:
Awkward Size (rank 3 - 3pts)
Restricted Ground Movement (rank 2 - 2pts)
Volatile (rank 2 - 1pt)

Special Attacks:
Vulcan Cannon: 30 damage (rank 1 - 1pt)
Autofire (A), Fixed (D), Inaccurate (D)
This is your standard 6 barrel rotating machinegun thing. It's fixed forward, but in an aerial dogfight, it tends not to matter so much. In the humanoid configuration, this is a rifle.

Beam Cannon: 90 damage (rank 8 - 32pts)
Long Range (A), Penetrating - Armor (A), Penetrating - Forcefield (A), Fixed (D)
Holy crap. This thing is totally rad and blows crap up like you wouldn't believe. This is the sniper rifle from the humanoid configuration. In this mode more power has to be diverted to running the mecha, so it doesn't do quite as much damage, or penetrate quite as much. Also, less fine adjustments can be made when aiming, so it's less accurate. On the bright side, it doesn't have to charge as long, so it fires faster!

Missiles: 60 damage (rank 3 - 3pts)
Area of Effect (A), Homing (A), Backblast (D), Limited Shots (D), Fixed (D)
These are small missiles. Mounted in weapon pods on the shoulders in humanoid mode, on the sides of the fuselage in aerial mode. Obviously, the ammo in both modes is shared.

OMG BOMBS: 45 damage (rank 4 - 4pts)
Area of Effect (A), Indirect (A), Flare (A), Limited Shots (D), Innacurate (D)
Bombs it can drop! These are grenades in humanoid mode! Ammo is shared in both modes.

Humanoid Configuration: (103/103)
Attributes:
Toughness (rank 2 - 8pts)
Life Support (rank 2 - 2pts)
Mechanical Transformation (rank 1 - 4pts)
Flight - 200kph (rank 2 - 8pts)
Heavy Armor - 20 DR (rank 2 - 8pts)
Special Equipment - Cloaking Device (rank 5 - 5pts)
Sensors - Analytic (Rank 3 - 3pts)
Special Defense - EMP (rank 1 - 1pt)
Jumping (rank 2 - 2pts)
Super Strength (Rank 3 - 9pts)

Defects:
Awkward Size (rank 3 - 3pts)
Volatile (rank 1 - 1pt)

Special Attacks:
Beam Cannon: 105 (rank 12 - 48 pts)
Accurate*3 (A), Penetrating - Armor*2 (A), Penetrating - Forcefield*2 (A), Long Range (A), Backblast (D), Slow (D), Static (D)
This is a giant sniper rifle, connected directly into the main power supply of the robot. It's long range, extremely powerful, and extremely accurate. It's usually only used as an opener, since...y'know...a giant glowy beam gives away your position.

Vulcan Rifle: 30 damage (rank 2 - 2pts)
Autofire (A), Inaccurate (D)
Remember what it said up there? Still applies. Secured to a point on the back when not in use.

Missiles: 60 damage (rank 4 - 4pts)
Area of Effect (A), Homing (A), Backblast (D), Limited Shots (D)
These are small missiles. Mounted in weapon pods on the shoulders in humanoid mode, on the sides of the fuselage in aerial mode. Obviously, the ammo in both modes is shared.

OMG GRENADES: 45 damage (rank 4 - 4pts)
Area of Effect (A), Indirect (A), Flare (A), Limited Shots (D), Innacurate (D)
Bombs it can drop! These are grenades in humanoid mode! Ammo is shared in both modes.

Personal Gear:
Bitchin' Ride!
This major item is a yellow two-seater convertible. Unlike the Stormcrow, it isn't claimed by any government! Yay! Top speed of 140mph roughly, goes from 0 to 60mph in 4.3 seconds. Looks similar to the Nissan 350Z.
Sidearm
This minor item is a semiauto pistol. It is concealable under a jacket in a shoulder holster when offduty, but since the government omg doesn't like him being armed when going out to cavort with the public unsupervised, it's more likely to be seen in a non-concealed shoulder holster in his flight suit.
Music Collection
A collection of digital disks that work in the music player in his Bitchin' Ride. An assortment of genres, sure to please most any taste in tunes.
Fancy Telephone
You know those cell phones that people carry around? The ones with like, cameras and radios and PDAs and laserbeams or whatever built in? This is one of those. <p>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:17 pm

You! Those in my RP!

GO HERE. NOW. >:{

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:48 pm

You'll have to wait until I get back from work >={ <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> <span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">HEROES DON'T NEED PANTS</span> </div></p>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:46 pm

Just want to make like Pokey and apologize profusely to my RPers for not having things moving the past couple of weeks. I can't make much of an excuse at this point, or at least I don't want to make any.

Pleasedon'tkillmeeeh!!! ^^;;;

Return to OOC RP Discussion