Cry for the Moon (New World of Darkness RP)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Cry for the Moon (New World of Darkness RP)

Unread postby Nakibe » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:38 am

I have indeed gone insane. MAD WITH POWER, one might say. Anyway.

The City of Heighton. Bright, beautiful, and blessed with all the bright futures and hopes and dreams that money could buy. A city built on the hopes and fortunes of its people.

But those fortunes soured. Businesses who were originally supportive of the city, soon found themselves either hard-pressed to make ends meet or moved out of the city entirely. Crime escalated, people's lives went through changes of all sorts, leaving us with the city as it is today. Thirty-five years after its birth, the city of Heighton is a vastly different place from the way it was before. It was envisioned as a city of opportunity... and it is, but not in the way it was originally designed.

But the story of the city does not matter much to the Consillium at the moment. What IS important is that Heighton is a wonderful place if you're magically sensitive. A place of potential and opportunity just waiting to be grabbed, if only you are brave enough to take it.

Yes, I know that again I'm going with the EXTREMELY VAGUE opening, more or less. BUT. The first part of this RP will probably be one shots mostly intended to introduce characters and setting... and get me a good idea of what you crazy nuts intend to do with OMG AWESOME POWARZ!!!

Characters are starting Mage characters in the New World of Darkness. For those who are used to the old WoD, there really isn't much to say. Entropy has been split into Death (Which handles Undead, Darkness, and Souls to some extent) and Fate (Random chance, happenstance, Destiny) arcana, for a total of 10 Spheres of Influence. No, this isn't the "Legendary 10th Sphere". So sorry. Character creation is a bit different too. You can ask me about it if you want and I'll try to help.

I'm hoping to get people that ARE well versed in the World of Darkness and its older forms, but this doesn't mean that total newbies to the system cannot apply. Of course all sheets have to be approved by me in advance anyway. No random jump ins.

ALSO ALSO: Partly to not conflict with Machine Knight,s and partly because I'm bored and tired of just sitting around doing nothing, this WILL be a CHAT RP. As such, please post times and I'll see what I can do. I'm HOPING for at least 4 RPers, but I will settle for as few as 3 this time in an effort to just get things MOVING. Please contact me by the end of the week. I want to get this off the ground NOW.

Starting characters only. The only world-shaking asshole gods are MINE, thank you. Also, there is a slight emphasis on the Spirit Arcana here. I'm not requiring everyone take it, and its acceptable to me if no one does. But I'd LIKE to see it somewhere. Aside from that, do what you want.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: Cry for the Moon (New World of Darkness RP)

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:09 pm

I'd like to try this. I've used Whitewolf before, but I've never used Mage. Shaun and I will have to talk about this Via IM to find out if I actually CAN do this.

Avaliabilities:

All of Saturday before 7 PM, but not after.
All of Sunday
All of Monday
Tuesday after 1 PM
Wednesday after 1 PM
Thursday: HA HA NO. >:(
Friday After 1 PM

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:59 pm

Mew. Just bumping this up in case others are actually mildly interested. Though it doesn't seem like it. >.>

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:25 pm

Seems I missed this somewhere along the way and am certainly interested in it. I can get at the proper books here so there's no real problems on that front.

Availability is as follows:
Friday-Monday: Probably not.
Tuesday, Wednesday: 1PM - Midnight... maybe a bit later.
Thursday: Noon-8PM.

I'll try to catch up with you via IM if I can otherwise you can catch me on AIM as BlackwindIsao.

- Blackwind. <p>"I think weird is the latin root of role-player." - Gurgling Ooze</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Beedy beedy beedy

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:17 am

As is no surprise, I too am interested. My schedule, however, is less so. With that said, I usually work until 5pm EST every weekday--beyond that, give me a day and I can very likely be off post-5pm with very high reliability (the exception being Tuesday, for which I would be laughed at for requesting off). I can usually stay up until midnight to 1am EST most nights as well; weekends can go longer.

So, in summary:

M: 5p-1a, pending notice.
T: psh, no
W: 5p-1a, pending notice.
R: 5p-1a, pending notice.
F: 5p-1a, pending notice.
S: 2p-5a. Currently this is my reliable day off, and will remain so unless changed.
U: 11a-1a (read that one twice), pending notice.

Please note that I can only get ONE of those days off reliably per week, and if I get one of the 'pending' ones requested my Saturday reliability will be compromised.

Blackwind Isao

Re: Beedy beedy beedy

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:28 pm

I am to inform both Bes and Priam to GET THEIR ASS IN GEAR!

That is all.

- Blackwind.
<p>"I think weird is the latin root of role-player." - Gurgling Ooze</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:12 am

I dunno. Am I confirmed to be in? I will get right to character generation if I become informed that I should so do for this RP. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:30 am

Mew. Well, I'm neither spoiled for choice nor see any reason to run off a good RPer. Join you can indeed, start character creation you must! Or at least, I'd like you to. <p><span style="font-size:small;">

Currently idolizing - Roger Bacon, Shadow Hearts
Dislikes : Stupid people, Church officials, People that prey on the weak
Method of Destroying the World : Feh. God can do it for me. >:{
Becomes Super Powerful When : ... well F***. When ISN'T he?</span>

"Lunatic? The sages of EVERY age were called that! Let HISTORY decide whether my actions were good or bad. For now, we must forge ahead!"</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:20 am

So be it, then. I will bug you for specifics on the system when I have semipermanent internet access again next. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:57 am

We've already discuessed this.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:41 am

We did?

Also: Sheet submitted. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:03 am

Shaun and I rather.

Basically: When Shaun can sit and tell me what I need to know to make a character, I can make one.

And Isao REALLY needs to stop 'poking' me via AIM. It's getting old. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion