Valley of Shadows RP Interest Thread (Second Gen)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Blackwind Isao

Valley of Shadows RP Interest Thread (Second Gen)

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:40 pm

Ok ladies and gents, BW is going to try and GM an RP on the board if there is enough interest to get this thing rolling.

The Premise:
There is a ruined city at the edge of the Baron desert that has, thus far, been unexplored or plundered (at least to the best of anyone's knowledge). Rumors abound of the place being haunted and filled with abominations that should not be able to exist. Unknown sources have emerged willing to pay for an exploration of the city and a searching for able adventurers.

Characters:
I'm looking for 3 to 6 second gen characters written in philsys who are level 1 or 2.

This RP will be conducted over the board due to probable availability problems for all parties to become involved.

Anyone interested in joining should post here with a character sheet and I'll reply back as soon as I can.

- Blackwind.

Edited by: Blackwind Isao at: 8/18/05 17:02

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Valley of Shadows RP Interest Thread

Unread postby Kai » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:02 pm

I will post a sheet as soon as I've got one. <p>-------------------------
TheGreatNevareh (Virgil): I'm safe, don't worry. His hot pants are what got me interested in this whole scenario.</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:38 pm

Huh. I think Bulworth would be good for this. But I, like many 2nd Gen'ers, have not a Philsys sheet for him. By tonight! <p>--------------------
Remember, even God has a sense of humour. Just look at the platypus.

-Kevin Smith</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:39 pm

Philsys? You mean, we're using Philsys?

I'm all over this. I'll put together a sheet for James as soon as possible.

Do you want to take advantage of the fact that people will likely be all creating entirely new sheets for this and use the new Philsys rules? I'd love to take this as an opportunity to playtest some of the changes! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

White Charisma

Unread postby White Charisma » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:01 pm

We can work this either way you guys want to go with philsys. I'm not really up to date on the changes to philsys you've been throwing around but I figure I can learn them fairly well. I'll let you guys get some sheets for me to look at and see where we roll from there.

Looks like I've got three. I'm going to leave the RP open to players until the 24th and then start rolling with it.

- Blackwind. <p>'The internet has no wang!' - Chaos Ironskull.</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Valley of Shadows RP Interest Thread (Second Gen)

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:03 pm

I think I'd be up for this. Just need to devise a philsys sheet for Cerene Sonelle. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:27 pm

I'm interested, just lemme work out some sheet stuff. <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:53 am

Possibly! Possibly.

I'll also point out that any character you get applied for this will be level 1, as I believe I'm the only one who's run a 2nd gen PS RP at all, and it's a campaign which has yet to finish! So, yeah. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 8/20/05 5:50

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:34 am

Quote:
I'm looking for 3 to 6 second gen characters written in philsys who are level 1 or 2.

Yup. <p>-------------------------
TheGreatNevareh (Virgil): I'm safe, don't worry. His hot pants are what got me interested in this whole scenario.</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:09 pm

Quote:
I'll also point out that any character you get applied for this will be level 1, as I believe I'm the only one who's run a 2nd gen PS RP at all, and it's a campaign which has yet to finish! So, yeah.

They don't technically have to be, it's just convention for the most part, and the rules state that by default characters are level 1, because that just makes sense. Characters higher than level 1 have been created right off the bat (and as PCs, not NPCs)--Daenj'r (KoD), Charles Domanda (KoD), Dragyn (Phil-dog), and Gavron (Phil-dog) all come to mind. There might be others, but I forget them!

I will, incidentally, provide a sheet when I'm certain about what set of rules we're going to be using, particularly regarding the DEX/AGI merge. <p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/20/05 14:24

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:16 pm

Actually, Daenj'r was created Level 1, as a FYI. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:59 pm

Charles created at least one character at level 2--I know Phil created at least one at 2 and one at 3. Other people may have done the same, but none come to mind at current. <p>

</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:46 pm

My character sheet is done. It can be found in this thread, along with all of my other posted Philsys sheets to date, not all of which are necessarily good references for what's fair and balanced. Rereading them, some of them need some edits, especially Darin's sheet. One or two of his spells is a little off, and there's a point where I typoed TP instead of MP a couple times. Whoops!

Also, in case anyone missed the rule adjustment in the revisions thread, TP is now 10 + (STA+COU)*3.

If anyone wants to use James's sheet as a reference for what is more or less balanced as far as skills and techs go for a level 1 character, feel free--I think it's all pretty fair and within par for Philsys. <p>

</p>

White Charisma

Unread postby White Charisma » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:00 pm

Looks like AM is in for now. I'm waiting for character sheets for everyone else who has expressed an interest thus far. Considering I'm off for the rest of the week I'd like to get this going during that time (but if we don't, oh well). If anyone has any questions on this feel free to poke me on AIM if I'm around.

- Blackwind. <p>'The internet has no wang!' - Chaos Ironskull.</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:23 pm

Gimme an hour.

[url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A:] at: 8/24/05 0:39
[/i]

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:35 pm

I need Brian to help me with mine, but I'm going to get you one as soon as humanly possible. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:43 pm

I'm tempted. But I'd have to make a 2nd Generation character and then make a philsys sheet for them. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:03 am

There we are. One slightly mercurial phoenix. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:53 pm

I'll be posting the start of this later tonight. Kai can jump in as soon as that character sheet is ready (I'll delay anything past character introductions until he's ready) but otherwise I'm going to close it at four.

- Blackwind.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:55 pm

I have a sheet that lives here.

Edit: Sheet now includes a sketch for great descriptive justice. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>Edited by: Kai&nbsp; Image at: 8/26/05 14:24

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:03 pm

This is now up and running as well as closed to the genneral public.

- Blackwind.

The Maltese One

!

Unread postby The Maltese One » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:04 pm

Ohnoes!

Was gonna apply with Yanna, but ah well.

Kai

Re: !

Unread postby Kai » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:59 pm

Isao! *lip quivers* Don't you like us anymore? <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:16 pm

My appologies on this. I've had a bit of trouble with my classes (both the ones that I teach and the ones that I'm taking). The problems have been taken care of however, and I hope to have this back up and running by Thursday at the latest.

- Blackwind.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:17 am

*salute* <p>-------------------------

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:54 pm

Isao. Since I never catch you on AIM... that harpy dead yet? Or does she have to kill it? <p>-------------------------

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:04 pm

It's dead.

- Blackwind.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:56 am

Okay. I believe that I'm totally allowed a little thread necromancy, all things considered.

Especially since I come bearing this image of Zea in her present state for your enjoyment. Not the most awesome work of art, but kind of amusing. <p>-------------------------

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:48 pm

Okay. I've talked with Isao, and since he can't post to the RP to let us know these things, I'm doing an unofficial resolution until he can get around to his RP again. Presumably this will be after his real life issues stop creating mass chaos.

He has been kind enough to pass on the following information:

Jessie will be using a scroll to resurrect James, which will obviously be expensive and result in drastically reduced pay if not no pay at all. Ordinarily, Zea as well as other party members might wish to watch as this procedure takes place, but Jessie denies permission for unexplained Jessie reasons.

Jessie will also dispell Zea's kittenhood himself, since it's not really that big a deal, apparently.

Jessie will then drop the party off in the castle library using one of his crazy fucking omnipotent card dealies. He's a busy man, and not much for small talk as we all know. Not much hope for conversation with him unless he decides he needs us again in the future.

Beyond all of this, I'd like to RP the aftermath of this starting in the castle library and actually resolve it. This should be easy enough to do in chat, so I'd appreciate a roll call with available times. If chat isn't feasible because of timing, continuing on the board until people leave the castle will also be fine as long as I can get permission from our GM to repost this in a huge OOC bubble in the main RP thread. Then we can just go ahead and board RP until people split up and go their separate ways for now.

This has been yet another post to this thread from Kai. We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum activities. <p>-------------------------

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:57 pm

ROCK ON.

No seriously, I can't WAIT to get rolling again, even if it's just to give James brain damage and leave. WOO!

Oh, and I'll be gone for March break, so anytime in the evenings from Monday on (excluding Tuesdays, as that's my choir night) is fine by me. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/10/06 9:16

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:27 pm

Permission granted. <p>"I think weird is the latin root of role-player." - Gurgling Ooze</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:49 am

Sounds good. Though getting Keros to leave the castle library might be a bit tricky. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:27 am

Can I infer from the fact that no one has posted available chat times that you guys would rather continue on the board?

If so, I can start us off. Just let me know what people want to do. <p>-------------------------

Return to OOC RP Discussion