Theice

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Vampire Jester Jinx

Theice

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:56 pm

If it's okay, since McBastard has permanently disappeared, may I be in charge of theice? I have plans for it. More of a staking my territory, I'm unaware of anyone else who wants the joint.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: Theice

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:13 pm

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-size:large;">Jester Lex: For a Better Theice.</span>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">This message not approved by Lex or any other elections officials.</span>
<p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:50 pm

I've had some vague ideas for Theice for a while, mainly to hammer out the history, and give it more of a reputation than "Spooky Undead City!"

Of course, I am lazy, and never publicly announced any of them. So, if you wanna work out some ideas, I would be glad to incorporate them into mine; for a better tomorrow.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:23 am

Or she could, like, not want anything to do with your ideas. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:13 am

Or we could compromise, as I gladly offered to do.

I just posted to inform that I had some ideas in the back of my mind, and that I wouldn't mind helping with Theice, seeing as how I had some events pertaining to my PCs relating to it. I'm sure me and Lex can talk things out, without you randomly arbitrating that I should piss off.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:16 am

Lex: Can I do this?
Bes: Sounds fine to me.
Zero: Can I help?
AM: Godieplzkthx
Zero: NO U.
Bes: ... :{ Dude. This is my job. WTF. <p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:26 pm

...Yeah, that seemed kind of unnecessarily harsh, Brian. From what I saw, he was just saying that he had some ideas for Theice that he'd been kicking around recently, and if Lex wants he'd like to talk with her about his own, both to give her a second point of view and to give him the chance to alter his if necessary to fit her concept of the country should she take over. At least, that's how I read his post. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Choark

...God help me for doing this

Unread postby Choark » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:44 pm

.... As a guy on the sidelines I guess that remark came from "So, if you wanna work out some ideas, I would be glad to incorporate them into mine" <span style="font-size:xx-small;">(probably not exact quote)</span> instead of "I had some ideas so if ya want you could use any you seem fit to"

Cause it kinda sounded like well you may want it but I had IDEAS and so I will use the place and maybe use ya ideas. Only kinda and only sounded but that's how you (or how *I* did) could of read it. Which also isn't saying AM wasn't harsh but...well.. he also had a pont... and... Ah fook it, I shut up now.

I have no objections for Lex taking the place by the by and shall stay out of this from now on unless asked not to... which I doubt will happen.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/15/06 13:46

Zemyla

Re: ...God help me for doing this

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:12 pm

I'd like to help, as I have a character whose origins would best be from Theice. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:13 pm

Ah, I can see that interpretation too. I'd just chalk it up to poor choice of wording, myself. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:47 pm

I would also suggest Lex (if there's no objections) and Bes chitchatting at some point, as I recall there were some questions about the fact Theice is literally across the sea from Baron. =D;

....And I'm not just saying that cause I slacked off on it myself...

....really....

....v_v <---*slacker*

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:54 pm

Well, I doubt you'll hear any dissent about taking the reins, Lex. I've been giving Theice a bit of idle thought myself, but that never really got very far. If anything, I'd like to see them become a bit more sinister. The idea of Theice establishing an embassy to Doma (or anyplace else for that matter) never sat right with me. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:00 pm

Dave reminds me of things I'd forgotten! I'll IM Lex when I'm not doing the homeworks. ... Which I should be doing now, really.

Whoops. <.<; <p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:12 pm

Choark wins the prize for understanding WHY I felt it was necessary to inject a little bit of "dickery" into this thread.

In any case, this is one of those countries/nations/whatever that I have never been able to take seriously because it's just goofy and I predict that it came about as a result of LMB's necrophil--er, vampire fanboyism. But seeing a well-executed "city of the dead" would be fucking cool, and I hope Lex/Zero/Zemyla/whoever else can come up with something. I for one don't mind the thread's originator being in charge.

On that note, I'm pretty sure people have tried to take over the proverbial "control" of Theice before and I'm not sure what they've done with it, because last I heard Zem was its technical "owner." I'm curious what the current information is, because as far as I know whatever is on the site needs overhauled. Or perhaps it's best largely forgotten in favor of a rewrite (or joint rewrite) by whoever. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/15/06 20:21

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:39 pm

At the very least, it still needs an adjustment from the old 100k year timeline. I think it was agreed some time ago Igala should be younger, though by how much I can't recall anymore. <p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:08 pm

The reason why I want theice, is I did make up some shizzat for a few campaigns there, and I was a sounding board for a lot of Brandon's ideas. :D And now that he's gone, I want to rework it, to not be so generally shitty, and you know....more cool. There's some potential for this place with some work. I don't know. I'd rather like to incorporate some stuff, and have not heard anything from ANYONE since brandon was about regarding this country/region/nothin'.

And since I am currently in an rp heading to thiece, and Bran is dead, it definately needs someone to have some creative say. As what Brandon posted is decidedly lacking in a lot of useful details.

I'll be happy to talk over details, etc, incorporate ideas all around. But someone does need to head this, instead of many idle people thinking "eh.....that could be cool.....but I got other stuff, deedleedee." Whether that's me or someone else, since there is increasing interest as a setting for campaigns, someone needs to take the reigns.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:17 pm

Cho and AM share the same way of reading it I had. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:53 pm

Ditto.

"Oh, you have ideas? Maybe if you submit them to me I can work them into what I've already got planned."

Dunno. That's the vibe I got. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:37 pm

Well, I meant it as "Hey let's work together so our ideas mesh.".

Return to OOC RP Discussion