My Introduction Thread

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Choark

My Introduction Thread

Unread postby Choark » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:39 am

Image Hello there, my name is Scott and this is where I'll introduce myself and my main character <span style="color:blue;">Choark,</span> the barbarian ninja.

Image And I'll hear none of this "I've no right to have another introduction thread, you've been here for years!" Quite frankly I've been gone such a long time that I need to introduce my character again... Because I might of forgotten most of it.

Image Well then... Hello. With that out of the way lets get onto the meat of the thread.

<center>Image
Strength of a Dragon. Speed of a wolf. IQ of a rock.
Choark. Barbarian ninja!
</center>

Name: Choark
Hair: Sea blue
Eyes: Sky blue
Sex: Male
Build: Big
Armour: Shoulder pad, ninja trousers, sandals, body band, bracelets.
Weapon: Giant Warhammer
Personality: Cheerful. Moron. Happy. Idiot. Enthusiastic. Spaz. Energetic. Fighting addict.
Scars: One across the left cheek and three across the chest

<center>Image
We're going to die! How cool is that!?</center>

Brief History: Choark comes from the land of Gre'par'th, were he was cast out for destroying a just completed temple to the spirits. He spent most of his time from that point aimlessly wondering around the land, picking fights and generally leaving a wake of chaos. In recent years he stayed in the land of Doma and the surrounding areas until his sudden disappearance.

Family: Choark has two living relatives. His sister, Pia, one of the deadliest barbarian ninja's to be found, and his sort-of Father, Pig, the wolf-pig. His real father and mother died in a monster attack when he was very young and just recently his grandfather past away from natural causes.

Friends: Choark makes friends easily but has had few close friends due to his nature of never staying in one place. Of the few he does have a close relationship with, Daniel Hyral is what he calls his "Best Buddy" though Daniel probably wonders why as the two have very little in common.

Magical items: Choark has three magical items. The warhammer he carries is infused with the power of lightening. He got it to fight a vampire and his shadow minions, a fight were Choark spent most of the time falling down some stairs. The other two are Haste bracelets, given to him when he failed to kill the demon that had taken over Doma. When he wills it and taps the two together Choark movement speed doubles for about five minutes and the bracelets take 24 hours to recharge.

Weaknesses: Choark is, putting it mildly, stupid. He is easily lead into believing what anyone tells him at face value and can stick to what he's told to do no matter what the outcome may be. His stupidity also works against him in that he can easily be confused or tricked by people, even in the middle of a battle should they be clever enough.
Ghosts. when young he was nearly killed and turned into a spectre himself by an angry dead miner who saw Choark eating his corpse. Unable to defend himself, or even touch a ghost, left a powerful terror imprinted on his mind that can take over whenever he see's a ghost.

Life goals: Choark has only one true long term goal in his mind and is not in a real hurry to make it happen, but gets very excited when the chance of it happening does come around. Ever since hearing about the Gods, powerful beings who created... well, everything, Choark has wanted to die, meet them, and fight all of them. One at a time or all together, he isn't fussed. This does not mean he'll ever purposfully end his life or not fight to his fullest so he could die, no, Choark knows in the end theres only things you can do while alive so he intends to stay that way as long as possible and enjoy it, he's just one of the few people out there actually looking forward to passing into the unknown.

<center>Image
So... We gonna fight now?</center>

What happened when Choark left:

OOC: The actual story behind this was an RP I had intended to do since, well, I first tried GMing in this community. However it never took and something always got in the way, probably mostly my confidence. Now when I realised I was going to be disappearing for a uncertain amount of time I decided to use his one plot line as an excuse and carry on from the after effects of it all. It’s a bit long winded but please try to bear with it. So here is what happened:

Pia came to Doma searching for Pig and, as most know, found him and Choark. Their homeland was in trouble and the people, for some reason, thought Pig could help them (technically he is still the leader of the wolf-pigs, he's just not there). And so they left. When they finally made it back it seemed a new race of people had come to Gre'par'th. They were humanoid in size and stature however they more resembled the Gre'apr'thian wingless Dragons that roamed the mountains in great numbers. These new creatures had wiped out two of the 'cities' already, leaving not one person alive. Pia investigated these new creatures while everyone else tried to keep Choark causing too much trouble by having him fight these things whenever the opportunity arose.

She discovered a huge black winged Dragon living in a hollow mountain who was actually using some unknown magic to mix the Gre'par'thians and Dragons together for its own personal army bent to its will. Upon reporting back it was decided that no one actually wanted to become a Man-lizard and being some giant dragons slave wasn't a good choice to make so, for the first time ever, all the barbarian ninja's and wolf-pigs joined up and attacked this giant dragon. The initial attack went well against the army of lizard-men however when the Dragon joined the fray everything went wrong. Suddenly all the barbarian ninja's dropped there weapons and stood still, all under the dragons control, all that is except (you guessed it) Pia and Choark.

The Dragon (being evil and seemingly won because only two fools were left to mess with it) explained to them that She (and it was a female dragon) was in fact one of the ancient dragons that had tried to make herself a God in a war long long ago. Defeated, she retreated to this dead land of mountains, building her strength. Using her magic she created the Gre'ar'thians and the wingless dragons, for she would use them in her army when she regained full power. (I love these plots!). That was why all the other Gre'par'thians were under her control. However Choark and Pia were a mixed breed, there Grandfather came from a land outside and so were tainted. As the Giant dragon never intended the two different human types to mix, it was this that seemed to cause the strange hair colour and strength (yet lack of magic) for the two.

Finding all that rather boring Choark attacked the would-be God Dragon anyway, figuring as he wants to battle the Gods, fighting a would be God (who technically was actually his God anyway) would be the next best thing. With all the wolf-pigs to back him up, even his rather old Father, Pig, and Pia, they managed to cause enough trouble for the Dragon to lose its control over its creations. Then everyone joined in. Even the lizard-men. Cutting it short, they won. The Giant Dragon tried to flee, smashing open the mountain she was hiding in, and attempted to fly away. Her wounds proved too much and she fell into the sea and was not seen.

While everyone figured she'd probably be back, it was also likely they'd all be dead by then and so shrugged it off. (When there's no body they always come back, right?). In an off comment apparently the Dead Island, some small island inhabited by the saddest creatures in the world who all barely can grow there own crops to stay alive, got a big surprise when a huge corpse washed ashore, giving them enough meat to last them a very long time and bones and scales that could be used for homes, clothes and many other things. This is just a rumour mind you...

After that Choark, Pig and Pia were heroes. Choark was allowed to stay in his homeland once again. Which was great. For the first week, then he got rather bored with it all and when Choark got bored he tried to cheer himself up and that meant more accidents and mayhem then most could handle. Just before they were ready to banish him again, Choark's Grandfather died and after the funeral feast (... don't ask if you can't guess) Choark decided to leave. Pia and Pig both decided to go with him.

For their journey back to Doma check out my spam forum thread...

Image And that's that. Hope you enjoyed going over all this again and I bet it wasn't really needed anyway.

Image It is great to be back though! Hey Hey everyone!

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/10/06 11:55

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: My Introduction Thread

Unread postby Kai » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:16 pm

YAY! <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:31 pm

Are these pictures going to be a feature of every thread you make? Because they should be. :D

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:37 pm

Image Sure!

Image If I only post every other week maybe!

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:46 pm

We wouldn't want you to do that.

They should be your avatars, though. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:08 pm

Cute, much like Dave's sprite posts.

However, since those take time to set up, and the rate of posting is much faster than the time it takes to put it all together...

Only put it out on random occasions. Ya know, when funniest. <p>

So I smile and pray upon a star...</p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:22 pm

Image ...friggin bastard, stealing my schtick and...

Image .....

Image ....er....

Image ...what I MEANT to say was, woohoo, Cho stuff!

Image ...yeah right, and I'm the prettiest princess in all of Doma.

Image ...quiet you.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:36 pm

"The warhammer he carries is infused with the power of lightening. He got it to fight a vampire and his shadow minions, a fight were Choark spent most of the time falling down some stairs." <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:25 am

Ah, good times.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:20 am

Quote:
...yeah right, and I'm the prettiest princess in all of Doma.

I don't even have a response for that. My mind is blown. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion