A test of interest.

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

A test of interest.

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:44 pm

I may be GMing an RP adventure of a scale most ambitious for one such as myself. This will become a possibility if I can secure some of the fine talent here at RPGWW to try to slip their way through treacherous traps and epic battles!

But more toned down, I consider myself pretty low on the GMing rungs about here, and moreso because I don't think I've ever finished GMing an RP that wasn't a slow-motion trainwreck. But then again, I've heard tell that I'm also pretty groovy. I'll place my bet on "Talented, but lacking in experience."

Here is the basic idea of the RP that I could run:

A double-handful of people of various levels of notoriety from all about Igala have been invited to a sort of get-together. It seems that the heir to Lord Harvince's estate has been chosen, after a good sixty-years of no one stepping forth. Lord Harvince himself being a man known by a few to be quite eccentric, more than a little rich (by which means no one really cared to ask), and known mostly for throwing intellectually lavish parties and inviting all sorts of "The wrong crowd", back in his day.

The only problem with these invitations is that they seem to have been mailed a bit late, or transported via one of the less respectable Green Riders. Upon thorough reading, the recipient would come to the dreadful realization that they would have a scant seven days to make their way to the location, a peculiar valley nestled snugly around 40E 52N

Considering the rumours of all of the decidedly 'strange' things said to go on about his estate, the mysteries surrounding his untimely demise on his 76th birthday, and the short biography claiming him to be a demon lord set out to destroy the morals of the hardworking, this should be quite an adventure for those willing to drop what they're doing and high-tail it out there at such short notice.

--

So, what I need from you fine folks, is dedication. I want you to give me your interest and caring, along with your characters. I want you to submit your characters to this, not because you want to try out your newest characters, or because you want to RP. I want you to be hyped up for this because you are genuinely interested, and wish very much to see how your characters fare against the challenges of adventure and mystery. I want you to want me to finish this brilliant work of art. I am a terrible person, and will most likely attempt to waver from my duty to supply you with grooviness of the highest calibre, so I only want people that will be ready to rock on a semi-often basis (Once or twice a week. This RP may end up pretty lengthy.), and will catch me off guard wanting more of the sweet delicious roleplaying extravaganza.

Alrighty, folks. Single file, after me, first off, I want your thoughts. Are you seriously interested? I'll start recruiting (Along with providing more in-depth BRIEFING MATERIALS) if enough of you fine and dandy folks are.

Please, folks. Don't toy with my heart, and don't let me toy with yours.

Edited by: Capntastic  Image at: 1/26/06 18:34

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: A test of interest.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:48 pm

Given the length you wish this to be, I assume the RP isn't just the journey, but also events to follow after arrival?

Edit: Also, are we supposed to be playing those that could be the heirs themselves, or just people invited to the party? <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=idran1701>Idran1701</A] at: 6/28/05 23:49

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:49 pm

You are correct, my good man!

[Edit] And an heir has already been chosen; the ones who are invited are just going to enjoy the party being had in honor of this.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=capntastic>Capntastic</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/29/05 0:02

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:57 am

Well, I definitely know my RP skills are not as up to par as some of the others around this community, but I am definitely interested in this endeavour of yours.

I am interested not only because this seems to be a compelling story, which it truly is, but also because I have nothing else to do and am cooped up at home with crazy Chinese parents. But really, it's an interesting story. Plus, I'd like to have the chance to RP with some of the respected RPers around the board. It would be my honor to RP in this RP. You have my word as an honorable Chinese man that I will come back.

(Also, please excuse any spelling mistakes I might have made. I proofread it to the best of my abilities, and the spell check on the board keeps timing out.) <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
"En Taro Washington!" -Spleen.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/29/05 20:25

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:54 am

I have one character who WOULD go, but doesn't dare leave the country of Doma for legal reasons. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Elitegamer7539

Unread postby Elitegamer7539 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:54 pm

I'd be interested in getting involved in this, if you don't mind a newbie diving in.

I've got an IC reason for my charcter to be pretty ignorant of history, laws, geography and and such prepared. It's a bit cliche, but I think it may make for some interesting situations... <p><span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">t(</span><span style="color:black;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">'.'</span><span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-large;">t)</span>
Kirby is not amused.</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:24 am

I not only have plenty of characters, but also plenty of time and interest! I would sing up for this!

In fact, LAAAAAAAAAA~~!! <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

ziratha

well,

Unread postby ziratha » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:34 pm

Well, im somewhat unskilled, but I would be interested in this, if you would have me...

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Re: well,

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:56 am

I have been extended an invitation! Being as Kurt and/or Milo would probably have the least difficulty getting somewhere in short notice besides anyone who has a Teleport or Portal type skill, they are the obvious choice for this.

It is interesting, and I think it could be a lot of fun! I come with a warning label, though, and that label reads: Easily Distracted, slight maintenance may be necessary. Do not expose to high levels of radiation. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:42 pm

Well, I have a choice of two characters (if this is enough interest).

I could either play Dahlia, who has been helping Kurt and Milo.

Or I could play Syra. who would be there on behalf of the Barian government as a messenger of good will.

Either one is fine, though I would like Priam to say if he is going to have Dahlia stay at the workshop. That's going to decide my choice of characters. <p>-----

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:50 pm

I'd also jump at the chance to get in on a RP again. Though I may be a bit rusty I'll offer up Jessie in to the mix of things. Getting there may or may not be a problem, no teleportation tricks up my sleeve but there is a bit of time magic. Aside from that Jessie is ALWAYS interested in any sort of remored magical happeneings and has very little of anything to drop to come calling.

- Blackwind.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:27 pm

If Dahlia is the healer whom Milo offered a place to stay at the workshop, then yes. Man, I suck at names.

edit: And man, Kurt would dig on Jesiah coming along. That would be excellent. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=priamnevhausten>PriamNevhausten</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/29/05 1:19

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:04 am

I believe that was one of Kai's characters, actually, Priam.

Also: Recently realized I never followed up with an interest post. I'd be in for this with Idran, definitely. Already got a good idea how he'd make the trip. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:08 am

Dahlia is the person from Earth who Kurt or Milo offered a job to help design vehicles (since she knows a lot about them). <p>-----

</span>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:38 am

All right, folks. Glad to see there's some interest. I shall get to work this week, and make a sign-up thread and whatnot, so be on the lookout! <p>
Image</p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:21 am

Quote:
I believe that was one of Kai's characters, actually, Priam.

It was. Tassi. I can imagine you forgetting her, but forgetting Pele? tut, tut.
I actually briefly considered submitting her here. <p>-------------------------
TheGreatNevareh (Virgil): I'm safe, don't worry. His hot pants are what got me interested in this whole scenario.</p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:00 pm

So, Zero, do you have enough support to actually start this? If so, when? This storyline is really intriguing and I'm really hyped about it, and I hope it doesn't die off like some of the other RP ideas. <p>

"En Taro Washington!" -Spleen.</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:20 am

Well Darknight as a matter of fact I have renewed interest for this so long as people are ready to rock and roll and set a date to begin this puppy.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: well

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:01 pm

Well, I'm still around and willing if you wanna do this.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:07 pm

I'm semi-sure Idran and Priam are still game, but Nev's gone and stuff. We'll have to see.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:13 pm

Yup, well, I'm around, and almost always on AIM. If you don't have my screename, ask Spleen, he'll give it to you. Just contact me whatever when this gets started. <p>

"En Taro Washington!" -Spleen.</p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:54 pm

I didn't know this was even still recruiting, actually. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion