Islands of Ecestrim OOC Chat/Recruitment

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Islands of Ecestrim OOC Chat/Recruitment

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:28 am

Hey! I posted an absence announcement, so I'm safe >_>

I'm back now, incidentally! <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:32 am

Yay! <p>-------------------------
Wise man say, "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

"It's like that old Scandinavian saying. You can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk real fast or you'll DIE."
--Rose:The Golden Girls</p>

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:01 pm

Alright, to compensate for the lack of posting from both myself and FD, I made a HUGE post. Best of all...

*dun dun dunnnnnn*

We're on Terra Fester! <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:00 pm

Hooray! But you're still not in the same cell yet...=[ <p>---------------

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:20 am

If I am still able to, I would be interested in joining this RP. I'm still in the process of reading it, but it sounds quite interesting (by the way, really nice opening). I'm not quite sure how my character would fit in as he has no special powers or anything, but he could be a side-kick (=B.

Anyhow, this is Geoffrey Fulmer

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:48 am

Alright, so I'm talking with Molo right now, and an interesting topic comes up. WHAT IF SOMEONE IS ALONE AND STUMPED FOR IDEAS? Well... okay, actually, I thought this was implied, simply from the nature of the RP itself, but I guess not. Just post here in OOC and ask one of the other players for a story booster. Like, have people post 1 or 2 paragraphs here from your characters point of view and then you can see which one you like and build off of it.

You should still try as hard as you can to be creative for yourself, though. I'm just mentioning this as a precaution, because sometimes, people honestly are stumped! =D

Lauritz: Registration is still open, though I'm considering closing soon, since I don't want this to get too large. I may open again in the future, though. Anyways, point is, you can still enter. Hmm... let's see, thanks, first of all, for the comment on the opening... and your character really doesn't need any 'special powers', though if you're going to remain lacking in that area, I should hope that Geoffrey is a deep enough character to contribute in other aspects of the story besides battle. Try and expand your character bio a little so that he at least has somewhere to start in the Ecestrim universe. =D Oh, and as was the case with everyone else, I'd like you to tell me what type of role Geoffrey will be playing in the progress of the story in general, and how you would like to contribute. Thanks! <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:19 pm

I was kind of thinking of having Geoffrey be a sort of side-kick to the group. He would travel along, maybe thwack a couple of people with his cane in battle, but more or less just contribute to the group dynamic by staying with the group but always complaining about this or that thing. Regarding his history, I will be working on that a bit more, and I still have a bit more reading to do with the RP.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:42 am

Quote:
[OOC] IF we ever get to show up. >.< [/OOC]

Well, go ahead then! All will be well and then there should be less need for slightly censored posts, as there will be less of Quinn left to her own devices with other characters. :) <p>-------------------------

"It's like that old Scandinavian saying. You can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk real fast or you'll DIE."

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:59 am

I don't want to carry Azerbarth's and Ramsus' relationship too far in the direction that I was thinking and too far away from what FD may or may not have in mind. It's his character, and despite the cross-character play I've encouraged, he is MORE than entitled to playing his character as he wishes, and three long posts in a row would be too much of my stuff, and not enough of his. Not to mention the last post I made hurt my heart, because I'd rushed through the frigate scene much faster than I would've liked to, avoiding much detail, in an effort to catch up to you guys in the storyline. If FD doesn't post soon, I think I'll call a "Pause" until he makes a post. That way, it'll be the exact same (+1 FD post) when we get started again.

Mind you, I said 'if', and 'soon'. Not 'will' and 'right now'. =P

Edit: The FD Counter!

[FDs Last Post in the RP]
(3/20/05 20:33)
{1 Week and 5 Days} <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kiduf>kiduf</A] at: 4/1/05 14:19

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:42 am

Sounds like a plan to me. <p>-------------------------

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:55 am

I think that I should be able to have something up in a couple of days. I could have probably had something up earlier, but this is the last week of our play, and my schedule has been rather busy. I've still got a little bit of catching up to do reading-wise. This is just to let you guys know that I've not forgotten about this.

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:24 am

No problemo. Looking at the direction that the story is heading in now, where would you think that Geoffrey would enter it? For decision-making purposes, I'll let you know that we will indeed be breaking out of Terra Fester. How, I don't know. But we're breaking out.

Actually, I think Arch was going to enter after we broke out... ?

O.O <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:28 am

Dude, he could be Zeke's butler. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:46 pm

A true mercenary assassin has no need of things like a butler. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:48 pm

Can Geoffrey buttle? <p>-------------------------

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:44 pm

[FDs Last Post in the RP]
(3/20/05 20:33)
{1 Week and 6 Days}

Arch: You could be... a... a posh mercenary! All the posh mercenaries have butlers! =D <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:04 am

Why are we counting? Is there a reason beyond amusement value? <p>-------------------------

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:30 am

It's just a useful tool for me to use when yelling at FD for being lazy. <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:10 pm

Well... FD said he wanted to talk to you about something.
That should happen.
Then the RP can go. We would all like that.

So... FD. Kiduf. One of you contact the other or I'll send your noses to the backs of your necks where you can't use them! <p>-------------------------

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:41 pm

I second Kai's demand! <p>---------------

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:48 pm

Oh, I've contacted him already. Right now it's a combination of busyness and laziness keeping me from posting. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:40 am

Did you seriously just post to tell us you aren't posting? <p>-------------------------

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:03 am

It seems that there was a misunderstanding! That post was supposed to be less, "I SHALL NOT POST, FOOLS!", and more "I have contacted him, and it has been dealt with, but I don't have time to post at this exact moment."

Now that I do have time to post, I...just did. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:07 am

*does crazy Stevie Nicks-like dance of happy* <p>-------------------------

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:31 pm

*watches with a mixture of amusement and mild horror* <p>---------------

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:43 pm

Indeed, the posting shall commence once again!

However, I just walked for about an hour back from my friend's house, and am in no right mood to think of anything to type. Sorry. I tried, though. Ended up typing "There's no way" over and over and deleting it over and over... without really getting anywhere. I don't even know how I could tie that into anything. >.<

Edit: Hurrah! I made a post! Without using "There's no way..."! <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kiduf>kiduf</A] at: 4/5/05 18:25

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:40 pm

I thought it was easier for most people to post on weekends. That was the thought that I had. I had that thought.

<p>-------------------------

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:04 pm

Actually, it's harder for me! I'm busiest on weekends. <p>---------------

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:25 pm

That makes sense. I just wonder when the other people who volunteered for this RP thuoght they were going to post, because it doesn't seem to be happening with great regularity. <p>-------------------------

Kai

I post two times. And who will stand against me?!

Unread postby Kai » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:18 pm

I am just notifying people that if I'm ever online and so are the other folk in this RP, I will probably yank everyone into a chat room.
Be on your guard! <p>-------------------------

kiduf

Re: I post two times. And who will stand against me?!

Unread postby kiduf » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:35 pm

Current Players: Me, Kai, Molo, FD
Standby Players: Arch
? Players: Lauritz

Yup. Arch is standby because he said he would be coming in after we get out of prison, and Lauritz... kind of disappeared. Molo and Kai post whenever it's convenient for them to have a parlez, and I (and the rest of us) are waiting around for FD, yet again.

FD: Just ONE post, man. I just need you to make ONE post. Scrap the melting idea, if you even saw it. Just... make a post. Then you can completely disappear until we're out of the prison. I'll handle Ramsus, based on this one post I want you to make. Get your shit in order. Then come back. Please. <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:46 pm

I apologize, my home 'net connection has been dumb lately. Which is getting really annoying. I should, in theory, be back up, so posting shouldn't be a problem. In theory.

Anyways. There's something of a time skip there! If anyone disapproves of it, let me know, and I'll go change it. :O <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:01 pm

It's good that you're back. Just please try to get word to someone if you know the RP is going to stop for a while so that we don't keep checking back in case something has changed.

Also, AM has a plan for the getting out of prison thing, as it's probably going to be difficult to pick the lock on a maximum security cell using just a tension bar. (As I told Kiduf, if it were that easy, all the prisoners would escape! ;) )

I won't be able to post for another three hours or so, but I will do so as close to immediately as I can. <p>-------------------------

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:17 pm

I am totally posting. You are all going to deal with the repercussions. Rawr. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:21 pm

Well, I would have gotten word out. Except I didn't have internet, which is why I wasn't posting in the first place.

ANYWAYS. Yeah, it's going to take a while. 40 pins x 4 hours/pin = 160 hours. That's, like, a week, if he spent 100% of his time doing it, and didn't screw everything up. So...yeah. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:28 pm

I apologize for having been silent this whole time. An extended fit of laziness overtook me. I kept on justifying not quite catching up on the story over and over. However, I am now caught up, and if I'm still allowed to join, would be pleased to do so. Also, I'll get my work ethic under control.

Anyhow, I'm thinking that Geoffrey would already be on Terra Fester for some foolish act of thievery previously committed. It would make more sense if he were in the main part of the prison where the break took place. He might be in some torture chamber for the amusement of the guards, however. I could introduce him while you guys are breaking out. Perhaps you could pass him in a cell, or on some torture device.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:08 pm

What does he do again? I remember something about bubbles, but those don't seem to be a necessary fixture of his character. <p>-------------------------

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:37 pm

I've decided that he will definitely not have his bubble power. I don't really imagine him having any very helpful powers. I think of him more as a sidekick who joins the group kind of ends up as a nuisance whom everybody gets a bit fed up with, but still allows him to stay in the group. He could help in fights, maybe wacking somebody with a cane, but in general, he'd just be an annoying sidekick. I understand if you guys would rather not have this nuisance come along.

Geoffrey Fulmer

Here's a post of his that I'm rather proud of. This is from the Delta City RP (where he has the bubble power):

Delta City

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:46 pm

I don't have a problem with Geoffrey being in the RP; not at all. One concern that I do have, however, is whether or not his role will become... well, worn out, after a time. I mean, a character can only annoy others a certain number of times before anyone with half a head would make it a point to dismiss them. Are you sure there isn't some purpose behind Geoffrey that could add to the story consistently?

I'd suggest some sort of a backstory that would draw us into his world, or something along that line. I'm just worried about the character getting stale. I mean, what do we do from there, right? =P

Edit: Oh my... looks like there are some big developments for Azer to apply himself to. ^^; Working on a post right now (quite literally, too; I have 3 windows open, all on this board!). <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kiduf>kiduf</A] at: 4/12/05 20:48

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:46 pm

Oops. I just noticed that Kiduf's character's name shares the same first two letters as mine. o_o; That was NOT intentional! Sorry!! <p>---------------

PreviousNext

Return to OOC RP Discussion