I NEED A SYSTEM

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

I NEED A SYSTEM

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:08 am

No, seriously.

At some point or another, I'd like to run a game with Fighting-game-esque abilities. Reppuken, hadouken, mist finer...I want the players to be able to do all kinds of flashy shit. Problem is, I'm not sure how to use all this in a way that would be decent in an RP system--how to cost it, how to value it, yada yada. Any ideas for a decent system to handle this? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

The Great Nevareh

Re: I NEED A SYSTEM

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:37 am

Mage: The Ascension. That's a system where your powers are limited by your creativity. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:44 am

Scary-Go-Round</p>Edited by: NebulaQueen at: 6/24/05 18:03

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:25 pm

Oh, yes. The "special attack" ability is freaking awesome for this sort of thing. Also, BESM has the merit of being my absolute favourite system ever made. <3 <3 <3

EDIT: As long as you clarify house rules for how skills affect combat beforehand. The one major error that they made with it: You can get combat skills, but they never tell you, anywhere, how they affect combat. Should you decide to use the system though, I'd be willing to put mine up. :O <p>
<hr width="50%"><center><span style="font-family:comic sans ms; font-size:x-large;">AVAST!</span></center></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 6/24/05 15:26

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:28 pm

I am quite interested, in actuality.

Then again, I am a dick.

Take that as you will.

EDIT: Additionally, some attributes for such an effect will have to be restricted in their nature or banned altogether. Common Sense would dictate what could and couldn't be allowed. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 6/26/05 12:03

Return to OOC RP Discussion