Star Wars RP

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Slaya Survivor

Star Wars RP

Unread postby Slaya Survivor » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:00 am

This is all based "before" the episode 1 series, and the biography for your character is the same as the one from Ctrl + Alt + Del.

Name:
Speices:
Alligence(Evil/Neutral/Good):
Weapon/s:
Persona (what they act like):
Description(what they look like):
Other info(special abilities etc):

Name: Vash Entali

Speices: Mandalorian

Alligence(Evil/Neutral/Good): Jedi/Bounty Hunter/Neutral

Weapon/s: Blue Double-lightsaber and Mandalorian Battle Rifle

Persona (what they act like): For a mandalorian, He doesn't fight battles for the stakes or honor. In fact, most mandalorians see him as a rat. He wears a mask to shield his identity (in description) to stop mandalorians from opening fire upon him. Often chooses credits and luxury over honor and friends. Though has been known to turn down high stakes for others. Very inprobably, but happens. Also has been known to use many technological implants to assist his force powers in honing his killing skills.

Description(what they look like): Wears a mask to shield his identity and black mandalorian armor. Black-streaked white hair, and technological impants to help him hunt.

Other info(special abilities etc):

Gambling Face (Unique)
Vash has the ability (thanks to his mask) to keep a straight face no matter what. Good for negociations, Gambling, and Shielding identity.

Technological Advantage(Unique/Unteachable)
Because of his years with his ship, He learned to use many technological feats to his advantage. Useful for Disabling mines, Repairing ships non-manually, Hacking into systems, and basic technological commands. Also programming translators to multiple languages.

Acrobatics (Teachable/Unique)
Basic Acrobatics and ability to jump off objects and scale walls for a short period of time. Yet again, good for combat.

RP will start when more than 2 people join.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Star Wars RP

Unread postby Kai » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:01 am

Boba Skywalker the Stampede!

Also, I don't think this goes here.
Check the other fora to figure out how things are categorized.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kai@rpgww60462>Kai</A] at: 4/21/05 1:02

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:45 am

Read the FAQ, please. There's a link on top of the forum. Inside you'll find all the information you'll need to RP here with us.

The main problem here is that, in addition to breaking protocol by bypassing putting up a thread in the OOC forum, you haven't told us anything at all about the RP, save the timeframe and the "universe". Star Wars, as I'm sure you're aware, is a very rich and deep setting, allowing many different possibilities for roleplaying. Telling us that it happens "before Episode I" tells us very little about what sort of roleplaying experience we'd have.

Also, my Star Wars lore is a little vague, I'll admit (from not having seen all the movies), but I don't think that the Jedi - especially before Episode I, when they were the greatest peacekeeping force in the galaxy - would allow one of their number to become a bounty hunter.

Slaya Survivor

Unread postby Slaya Survivor » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:25 am

Sorry about all that. I wasn't sure what RPing on other boards was like. I also forgot a description of the timelime, even the ruling force.

Very sorry.

But as for my character... He was force-sensitive, became a jedi, then left the jedi council and became a bounty hunter for credits. Not the best idea I guess.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:20 pm

Meh. Spleen obviously doesn't keep up with his EU stuff! Cause there's Aurra Sing, who totally became a bounty hunter after leaving the Jedi. Not that it happens often, but it does happen.

Anyways.

There's nothing that actually says you have to put up an OOC thread before posting the actual RP, but it's generally a good idea, and you'll tend to get more RPers that way.

Here's the rundown of what generally happens in the OOC thread. First thing that normally happens, is that whoever started the RP (Hint: This is you!) provides some sort of background on the RP. Y'know, what happened in the recent past, what sort of characters are allowed, some sort of story hook that people can use to get characters involved. Letting people know whatsort of system your using is also usually a good thing. Freestyle, Philsys, and the Window are the usual fare around here, and descriptions of them can be found somewhere in the FAQ. There's also a pretty keen Star Wars d20 game.

Just looking at a few posts in one of the other RP forums will probably tell you a bunch about how we normally RP here, soooo...yeah.

Depending on how stuff starts panning out, I may join up. You never know! <p>
<hr width="70%">This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</p>

Slaya Survivor

Unread postby Slaya Survivor » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:50 am

Okay. I've thought up a background.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

STAR WARS: REVOLUTION OF THE SITH

The jedi, the most powerful peacekeepers in the world, are losing their pwoer, slowly, but surely. The majority of believers had left the jedi and turned to the sith. They wanted to have control of their powers and being allowed to have emotions. At this time and place, the sith and jedi are fighting a legendary battle for control of the galaxy. Here, the many jedi, sith, and neutral powers, fight a battle between themselves, and the others.

Combat Style:

Freestyle, I guess. I'm referring to you can attack with whatever you want at whatever time, but only if it's a greed on both sides...

As for OOC thread, I will, I guess. BUt seriously. I'm just a bartender. :)

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:01 am

I'm just here to point out that Jedi being "the most powerful peacekeepers in the world" really seems to understate their territory.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:52 am

This points out to me something I should put into the FAQ.

Also!

Heya, Slava. Welcome to the board.
Thanks for apologizing.

Mistakes happen, hey hey. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div></p>

Slaya Survivor

Unread postby Slaya Survivor » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:28 pm

Okay. But one question, where's my topic in the normal RPs section? Do I have to remake it?

Other than that...

Thank you for your welcome.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:03 pm

This is the topic. The admins moved it here, where it actually belongs. <p>__-__-__-__-__-__

"I'm just a guy with a boomerang. I didn't ask for all this flying, and this magic..."
-Sokka, Avatar

"Screw normal, because if you're normal, the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader."
-Christopher Titus</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:39 am

Actually, the mods did.

Us admins are lazy fucks. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div></p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:00 pm

Yeah. Pretty much. <p>__-__-__-__-__-__

"I'm just a guy with a boomerang. I didn't ask for all this flying, and this magic..."
-Sokka, Avatar

"Screw normal, because if you're normal, the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader."
-Christopher Titus</p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion