Plans for a potential (D&D 3e) campaign.

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Divinegon2130

Plans for a potential (D&D 3e) campaign.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:23 pm

Okay.

My attempts at getting a D&D group going locally have been less than successful. However, I am determined to run it, so I'm willing to go the way of online RPing.

I'll describe the campaign once I get more time, but who here would be interested in such? This would be chat-run, as I am notoriously horrible with board RPs. <p>

<span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="....and I must have missed a step or two - or five." - Fuzzfas, Trynnie Alchemist (from Wizardry 8)
=="I assure you, I have no seeds. Or villainy.... or whatever a zound is." - Cabalen Thoth (RPed by KingOfDoma)

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here.
And I've been having image trouble, so those are out for a while. </span></p>

The Great Nevareh

Re: Plans for a potential (D&D 3e) campaign.

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:39 pm

I'd do it. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:15 pm

Boing. <p><div style="text-align:center">

I rule the fanart forum with a fist of irony. .....I have nothing else witty to say. Or quote. I'm a sad person.</div></p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:02 pm

All right.

I really cannot give away the plot of this campaign, although I can give some details of the setting here.

Essentially, the setting is a very bestial one. Humanoid creatures with some form of animal traits are at least as common as humans are, although most of the standard D&D common races are nonexistent. Dragons themselves are rarer than usual; however, a race of draconic humanoids exists. Major wars have not happened for a long time, and the last one known nearly destroyed the dragons completely.

If other details of the setting are needed, ask me directly.

Anyway, regarding character creation....

Ruleset: I will be using 3rd edition rules, with only a few modifications made to reflect what I feel are inaccuracies.

Extra Rulebooks: I plan on utilizing the Savage Species book, as well as the Book of Vile Darkness (yes, there is an actual D&D supplement by that title), somewhat. In addition, I also plan to allow stuff from the Ultimate Equipment Guide. None of these books are absolute requirements - in fact, the only one I recommend is the Ultimate Equipment Guide, although I can accomodate for people that don't have it or can't find it.

Race: The only two Player's Handbook races I am allowing are human and half-orc. The other races are listed online journal here.

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:19 pm

Hoo-eee! This character may seem slightly familiar, as I'm porting him almost directly from the previous game (though without a more detailed worldsetting I can't give him much of a history.)
Also, if someone else had their heart set on being a Cleric of this type, I'll change my character to something else.

A note on the spells: I'm not posting a spells/day list here since I would have to update the sheet each time I changed it, so I'll just notify what spells I have prepared during play at the beginning of each in-game day.

Name: Justin Sezuro
Player: The Great Nevareh, Ting, etc.
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Alignment: Neutral Good
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 160
Deity: Kalane
Domains: Healing and Sun
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Complexion: Caucasian, tanned.

Appearance: Justin is slightly above normal height without a large amount of meat on his bones. He is slight but wiry. His short hair is cut in a crude fashion that indicates function over form- His hair got long, so he cut it. His eyes sparkle with a religious fervor and a bright idealism that can be seen in many people of the cloth (and raving lunatics), and he tends to dress in comfortable, durable clothes that definitely aren't the most attractive things.

Scores:
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 17
Charisma: 16

HP: 18
AC: 19 (4 Armor, 2 Shield, 3 Dex Bonus)
Armor Check Penalty: -4
Spells/day
4 level 0's (orisons)
2+1 Level 1's
1 level 2 (unusable as of yet)
1 level 3 (unusable as of yet)

Heavy Crossbow
Damage: 1d10
Hit Bonus: +3
Critical: 2x 19-20
Range: 120ft

Heavy mace
Damage: 1d8+1
Hit Bonus: +1
Critical: 2x
Range:-

Skills: (Ranks AND Bonuses)
Heal: 8
Diplomacy: 8
Knowledge: Religion: 5
K- Arcana: 2
Spellcraft: 2
Profession (Priest): 5
Concentration: 4

Feats:
Extra Turning
Combat Casting

Class Features:
Turn Undead
Channel Energy

Racial Features
1 Skill
1 Feat

Languages:
Common
Celestial

Inventory:
(Equipment)
Chainmail Shirt (25 lbs )
Large Steel Shield (15 lbs )
Heavy Crossbow (8 lbs)
3 cases of Bolts
Heavy Mace (8 lbs)
(Ecclesiastical Gear)
Incense (negligible)
Silver Holy Symbol of Kelane (negligible)
Holy Book of Kelane (1 lbs)
Candles (Negligible)
Steel Libational Ladle (Negligible)
Portable wooden altar (12 lbs)
Priest's Vestments (6 lbs)
White Clerical Scarf (negligible)
Chalk (negligible)
(Travel Stuff)
Backpack (2 lbs)
Work Clothes (3 lbs)
Cleric's Robes (5 lbs)
Adventurer's Outfit (5 lbs)
Traveler's outfit (2 lbs)
Lamp (1 lb)
2 flasks of lamp oil (1 lb each)
Journal (.5 lbs)
Vial of Ink (Negligible)
Ink pen (Negligible)
Bedroll (5 lbs)
Blanket (3 lbs)
Large, floppy hat (Negligible)
Component Pouch (1 lb)

Leftover money:

Persona:
Justin is the generally likable person who doesn't seem to be capable of anger or discontent. He is just quietly serene, even in most situations, and he doesn't ever appear to lose his cool not because of iron control over his emotions, but because he gives off an air of not noticing impending doom. He smiles, a lot, and he speaks softly and smoothly. His quiet sunniness might annoy some people, and his unwillingness to react to even the harshest stimuli drives others up the wall. He's either unflappable or extremely stupid and ignorant.
Many would bet on both. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 1/27/05 22:30

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:10 am

Okay.

Seeing how it is closer to summer, I am reviving plans for this RP. If I can get enough interested people, I'll start running this sometime after May 11th, when my exams are done. The exact day each week I plan to use is going to be either Friday or Saturday for sure, though which one is a detail I don't know.

I also plan on releasing more of the setting over the next couple of days - such as deities, interracial reactions, and the like.

If anyone wants me to throw in even more details than those, tell me. Anyway, if you're interested, just say so here, and if you wish, you can place down what race and class you want to use. <p>

<span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="....and I must have missed a step or two - or five." - Fuzzfas, Trynnie Alchemist (from Wizardry 8)
=="Great work, Prof! Now find me something to punch." Reese, from the comic 'Dinosaurs for Hire'

View my online journal here.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:33 am

Hmn. This is tempting.

Providing my schedule doesn't change in the next month, count me in. <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:03 am

Tempting. Very tempting. What the heck. Put my name on the list. I've been meaning to actually get some use out of that rulebook I picked up... <p>KnightsofSquare: DarkLordKelne is a tomboy bunnygirl, jealous of the business successes of her 37 older brothers, she is pursuing her own business degree in hopes of someday initiating a hostile takeover against her brothers' corporations.</p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion