New Freestyle RP ("The Twelve")

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
The Great Nevareh

Re: Skills?

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:21 pm

"Paint it Black"
"Zachary combines his skills from "Burst of Force" and "Weight" to use a striking tackle attack with his staff. This attack is momentously strong and can break thick stone, though once the momentum is built it is difficult to dispel and the move is fairly easy to dodge so long as you see it coming. Upon the strike, Zachary discharges a point-blank Burst of Force, increasing the effective damage of his hit."

This name is so totally ripped off from Legend of Mana, which was a so-so game with REALLY GREAT move names.
Also- It's been used twice- The first time was when Zach used it to catapult himself off of the platform. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:34 pm

Haha, I thought you had ripped it off of the Rolling Stones.

Anyway, sounds good. That's your fourth skill. Keep `em comin! <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:23 am

New skill! GM Approved via AIM. Also updated my character sheet at the start of this thread.....

Skill #4: Binding Voice -- By really tweaking his voice tone, mannerisms, volume, pitch, timing and a few other such things, Theodarus has the power to command a target in such a way he would be doing a simple action against his will before he knew it. Skill is limited by the following:
1) He has to KNOW the person. Not just read about him or something.... KNOW his past, his possible motivations, his behaviour, his mannerisms, etc....
2) Due to the lack of talent Theodarus has with this skill, he has a 30% success rate in most situations, and a 50% success rate in optimal conditions... (GM to decide which number to use)
3) Target has to be really close (5 paces away) to be able to feel the full weight of the words and be affected by it.
4) Deaf people are not affected by this skill.
5) Theo has to be really composed to shape his voice correctly (no panting, tiredness, etc) <p>

Hmmm... A deviantart account, and nothing inside :(</p>Edited by: wkz at: 10/20/04 10:07 pm

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:02 pm

Erm, your failure and success rates are strange. Why would Theodorus be MORE likely to fail when everything is going for him and LESS likely to fail when there are problems preventing him from perfectly executing the skill? <p>[---------------------------]
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:48 pm

Actually, we changed it to 30%, which is much more fair considering all the other inhibitors. <p>---------------

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:01 pm

You're missing the point. Is that a FAILURE rate or a SUCCESS rate? It wouldn't make sense for optimal conditions to detract from your ability to use something. <p>[---------------------------]
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:49 pm

It's a 30% failure rate. Which makes sense, since it is a very powerful skill that requires tons of concentration skills, and Theodarus is far from mastering it. <p>---------------

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:03 pm

OPPS

Its supposed to be success rate. As in there's 30% chance (slightly less than 1 in 3) of the ability working at normal times, and 50% chance (1 in 2) of it working at good times....

Both our GM and I seems to have confused it with Failure rate: 30% chance of failure = 70% chance of success = the ability working in about 2 in 3 tries.... which would mean the ability working better in normal conditions rather than in good conditions......

Edit: Character sheets here changed..... <p>

Hmmm... A deviantart account, and nothing inside :(</p>Edited by: wkz at: 10/20/04 10:08 pm

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:05 pm

Wow, this is getting a little confusing. Why don't we just say that it's pretty damn hard to use and call it a day? ;)

Anyway, should I update your sheet with this new info.? <p>---------------

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:12 pm

yes..... failure -> success. TGN was correct.... <p>

Hmmm... A deviantart account, and nothing inside :(</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:43 pm

Okay, hoping that the three remaining people in the RP will check this..I'd like you to post free times so that we can speed up the end of this, and get some character-personal parts done in Chat RP. (Of course, if you all are up for doing some actual segments altogether, I'm up for that too.)

We've come too far just to let it die like this! Let's give it our all one more time and finish this right! <p>---------------

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:23 am

(all times eastern)

Sunday: Free in the morning/late evening. Usually hanging out with some buddies between 4:00pm and 11:00pm EST some Sunday's.

Monday: Free normally except for 3:30pm-6:00pm

Tuesday-Friday: 7:30pm until 1:00am

Saturday: 5:00pm until whenever.

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:00 pm

I can try to boondoggle any time you give me, though I'm not free evenings from 5-10 pm from Monday to Thursday. <p>[---------------------------]
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:09 am

Okay. I'll move the plot along abit, and get us into the final reins of the tournament. From there, I will be able to center in on each of you individually to deal with your matches. Once we're done with that, we could do a final session together to wrap it all up. Looking at everyone's schedules, it seems like a late-night saturday session is our best bet. But for now, keep posting and wait for me to contact you on AIM to do your combat stuff. <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/24/05 2:12

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:26 am

Well, Molo, you should know my times enough, approximately. Here they are again, the times when I am DEFINATELY on (because I'm at work):

Mon-Sat: 9 am to 6 pm Hotel (which makes 8pm to 5am PST)

I tend to log on erratically on the weekends, but I should be able to make it on both sats and suns. Also, even thou I'm "working", I can do RPs on saturdays, given working conditions.... <p>

Hmmm... A deviantart account, and nothing inside :(
</p>

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:13 pm

Contact me again, would'ya? I think I just missed you... *grumble*Stupid work*grumble*

Also, me thinks Molo is thinking of "solving" the fight out of the board (on AIM), then posting it as a long description?

That'll be good...
And if not so..... take the above as a suggestion? It'll solve lots of problems.... especially onces that have to do with timelines. <p>

Hmmm... A deviantart account, and nothing inside :(
</p>Edited by: wkz at: 2/13/05 22:18

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:51 am

No sweat. We'll get this one finished eventually, guys! <p>---------------

Previous

Return to OOC RP Discussion