Shattered Dimensions: The Coming of Blackness OOC thread

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
RyuKurai000

Shattered Dimensions: The Coming of Blackness OOC thread

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:52 pm

Here ya go. Discuss in here, because it's going to be a pain in the arse when they actaully start the RP to have all that OOC stuff in there.

Also: Grar.

Rion Kerikinia

Thanks

Unread postby Rion Kerikinia » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:38 pm

Thanks for making this, though I would have gotten around to it eventually, once people started to pay attention to my RP.

The Great Nevareh

!!!!!!!!!!!???!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:00 pm

FUUUU!
Also:
Your game looks absolutely wonderful, and I would apply to play if it weren't for my impending potential medialessness. I might have to drop all of the RPs I'm in at the moment when I go, but that's not the point.
The point IS that I'd like to apply anyway, even though I won't have the power to post until mid august. Would you allow for someone to join into your menagerie at that point, if possible/plausible if they have already apped the character beforehand during the creation process? <p>"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

Rion Kerikinia

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!???!

Unread postby Rion Kerikinia » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:31 am

I have no problems with you joining at any time, as a good RPer (as this site seems home to many) would have no problems incoporating themselves or introducing themselves during a story.

My only concern is how quickly the story moves once I get members in it. If it goes fast, the chapter could be concluded before august even arrives, but considering the time it's taking for people to sign up, it might not even start for quite some time.

The Great Nevareh

Ash Ian Milligan

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:55 pm

This character is a bit unconventional and has "Protagonist" written all over him. However, I liked the concept when I thought of it, so meh.

Character Name: Ash Ian Milligan
Race: Human(?)
Class: Dark Knight(?)
Faction: Gatekeepers (Former member of Gates Undersound)

Hair: Light Blue
Eyes: Grey/Red (Dark Knight Taint)
Build: Normal
Height: 5'11''
Handedness: Right
Weapon on Choice- Longsword, wielded without a shield. Secondary weapon- Magnum Revolver.
Can use: Any one-handed bladed weapon, any pistol or revolver, great swords, and pole arms.
Wears- Light armor on the body, heavy vambrace on his right arm.

Gates Undersound Ability: Apotheosis
Ash has the ability to completely and utterly embrace the darkness that he calls upon to enshroud him in power. Though this furthers the taint he is trying to break, this ability makes him into a man powerful enough to defeat almost any foe for a short period of time. His dark armor becomes nearly impenetrable and he ceases to need to do normal human things like breathe or depend on parts of his anatomy to remain alive. He wields fearsome weapons and can dole out damage like nobody's business. This is the manner in which he gained his reputation, though now he completely shuns using this ability since he is essentially just giving himself over to the Darkness.

Ash Ian Milligan is a former dark knight in service of Gates Undersound, though at some point he turned away from this path for reasons unknown to his current comrades and joined his present faction. He is morally upright, and believes in defeating the darkness... or so he says. Normally quiet, he has a tendency to reflect upon himself, even when quiet reflection isn't exactly best suited to the situation. He is prone to fits of action and tends to form attachments to other people rather easily. He tries to police his behavior, but he tends to say and do things that might get him in trouble.
Ash really and truly hates that the darkness has a hold upon him, and wishes to find a way to break that hold. Therefore, he follows his conscience more than anything else. The conscience is not necessarily the best tool to use when measuring one's moral right or wrong, so this could easily be his downfall.

No one is quite sure where Ash comes from, or what he did in his life before the great war, but his appearance on the scene started with a stint with Gates Undersound. During the first battles of the war, he won himself a reputation as a startlingly able soldier capable of wielding the darkness in an amazingly skillful way. In combat, he was constantly garbed in his dark power, and was devastating to his foes.
For a reason as unsure as his origins, he gave that up. He left Gates Undersound and joined ranks with the Gatekeepers, and the switch in faction is what causes much of the stigma he endures day to day. Some people don't believe he's really Ash Ian Milligan, since the man they meet off the battlefield looks nothing like the man they meet in combat. Other people are suspicious of him, since he comes from a faction already suspect of dealings with the darkness. He claims to have changed who he was and forsaken what he used to stand for, and yet he still calls upon the darkness to do his fighting for him. He is not tormented, and he is not dark, but he is troubled and he lives in a trying time.

Whether or not Gates Undersound or Vermillion are after him for deserting their ranks is not known, but since his importance in Gates Undersound is also unknown, any theories about what they will do is pure speculation.

Note: He will actively pursue any concrete leads he finds on finding a way to throw off the darkness.

Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 6/9/04 2:57 pm

wkz

John Q. Public

Unread postby wkz » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:10 pm

Character Name: "John" Quentain Public ("John" is a GDF agent code-name. "Quentain" was his original name, and fellow Gatekeepers gave him the nickname "Public" as a joke)
Race: Lydranen
Class: Spotter without a Sniper...
Faction: Gatekeepers (Former member of Earthen Government Defence Force)

Hair: None
Eyes: deep green eyes (Racial trait)
Build: Thin, frail humanoid (Racial trait)
Height: 6'
Handedness: AmbiDex (both hands)
Primary weapon- Nil.
Secondary weapon- A case/box of small thin weighted darts. About 20 total.
Knife- A Parang (Malaysian curved knife about a metre long, mainly used for cutting down foilage)
Can use: Very very little else. (Racial trait) Mostly Old Fashioned stuff.
Wears- Normal Earthen Clothes. (See background)
Magical Field: Light manipulation (undeveloped)

Background:
A desendent of stranded Lydranens from the first Great Combine, John's parents and ancestors had survived by using their psionic talent to hide and integrate themselves into Earth society. They managed to hide themselves from the Government Defence Force right until the 2nd Great Combined occured.

In the midst of the uproar, the GDF forces stepped up security checks. Quentain, then a teenager, was captured during one such search. He currently has no knowledge of what happened to his parents or relatives.

Realizing the potential of having a psionic talent in their ranks, Quentain had his will beaten out of him, trained, and sent on various "Men in Black" activites ranging from the most common sniper-spotting/searching (using an psionic-based emphatic (feelings) scan) to persuasion/secrets-delving. His employees never gave him any chance of escape, locking him up all the time and putting an explosive slave collar when he was outside.

Quentain was rescued only after a retaliation raid by the Gatekeepers on a black-ops base. The raiders literally had to order him out of his cell, and took pity on "John", bringing him back with them.

Currently, Quentain is having his sense of freedom slowly re-introduced into him. Entrusted with simple base-management and closely supervised missions, Quentain is quiet, and has the tendency to obey orders without thinking. He also likes to read anything within sight, and is known to design/draw beautiful artwork.

But who knows what fragments of (Government Defence Force) brainwashing is left within his mind...

Note: Quentain will always be afraid of GDF forces, and most likely will abandon anything in progress if he spots them coming. Also, if the GM wishes, GDF NPCs can take control of "John" for short periods of time.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 6/9/04 11:54 pm

RyuKurai000

Ryan

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:53 am

Here's my character, you may recognize him from somewhere. :D

Name: Ryan
Race: Human
Class: Hand-to-hand death warrant.
Faction: Undecided (He'll have to get a look at them first)

Eyes: Black
Hair: Blue
Height: 5'6"
Hand: Right
Primary weapon: Bare hands
Secondary weapon: Anything he can pick up.
Can use: Nearly anything melee oriented.
Wears: Dark Blue School Uniform (Japanese).
Natural (food induced) Abilities: Unatural Speed, Jumping height/distance increases with distance run prior to jump.

Backround:
(Warning! River City Ransom Spoilers!)
Teaming up with his Friend/rival, Alex, from River City High, he rescued his girlfriend Cyndi from Alex's evil friend, Slick. During the ordeal, he made quite a few new allies and expanded his love for food and malls. Post-defeat, Slick disappeared, and the new student body began creating trouble.

Titus, Their leader, decided that Alex and Ryan might prove some danger to his new regime, and so he had Alex and Ryan tossed into an Interdimensional portal created by the same evil force controlling Slick. Ryan has ended up separate from Alex, and is now on his own.
(Spoilers stop! Read further!)

Ryan is the Cross Town High Track star, and is a bit faster than Alex, but also less strong. He does martial arts, and tends to mix it in with his street fighting. He's a lot stronger than he looks, and can do things a normal human might find impossible. He is very fast (Thanks to all that sushi) and can swallow pure poison without breaking a sweat (A side effect from eating at Mao's) and if he's in trouble, he can break out the soda containing the most caffene in the universe, enough to heal nearly any wound his super-tough body can get (Thanks to Merv's for all those apple pies), the all-mighty, KARMA JOLT! (from the pharmacy) And if that's not enough, he's got enough powerful techniques to send even the most hardened villain BARF!ing with the rest of them! (Courtesy of the bookstore) And even if his body fails, his willpower will allow him to carry on (Ah, the wonders of Music).

I know he seems all powerful, but I did beat the Dragon Twins alone and Slick with this guy.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ryukurai000>RyuKurai000</A] at: 6/18/04 2:18 pm

The Great Nevareh

Re: John Q. Public

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:15 pm

Erm... I don't think humans GET a magical field. <p>"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

The Great Nevareh

????!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:42 pm

I've got more time on the internet than I thought I did. When we starting? <p>"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

Rion Kerikinia

Re: ????!

Unread postby Rion Kerikinia » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:52 pm

Well, if you want to start now with 3 people, by all means go ahead. I've decided I'd rather not control a character per se, but rather a host of them through which the story would take a more definite path, and controlling a character would just be too much and I'd end up getting confused, though I'd like it if more people joined. I want to know exactly what's keeping people so I know if it's me to blame.

wkz

Are there enough characters?

Unread postby wkz » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:35 pm

Actually, due to the fact the Story post came before the OOC post, there are a sum total of 5 characters. (3 here in this thread, 2 over at the story post)

Here they are for convinence:
[url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A:] at: 6/15/04 11:39 pm
[/i]

aurorastar

My Charries

Unread postby aurorastar » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:16 pm

For convenience:

Name: Rheema Luor
Race: Elven
Faction: Gatekeepers
Job: Martial Artist
Equipment (Faction designated): She uses a main sword and two small daggers.
Background: Rheema's parents were killed when she was about 15. An orphan, she wandered around, having no one else to love her. She stumbled upon rift between the two realms, and was rescued by members of the Gatekeepers. She has been there ever since, although she is still somewhat undecided about her position in the war. She does fight loyally for the Gatekeepers, and will continue to do so until she sees proof that her side is the wrong one.
Extra Notes: She has long white hair that she lets down occasionally, but usually it stays in a tight bun so it won't interfere with her work. Rheema is a strong worker, and has stayed independent of everyone ever since her parents died. She doesn't trust anyone easily and likes to keep to herself more than integrate with others.

She seems sort of basic, compared to the other descriptions that you guys put up...

Rion Kerikinia

Re: My Charries

Unread postby Rion Kerikinia » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:00 pm

I am leaving on a short vacation today, and I will be back on Monday, when I will post the opening for the RP and we will begin. You can still join now and after it starts, so don't worry.

RyuKurai000

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:51 pm

Nevareh: Yopu've obviously never played River City Ransom. Whichever person you play as, it can take 8 hours for you to die, and that's just because of the batteries, as long as you play the game smart. I just chose Alex because he conforms to my personality better. If you're not responding to me, then sorry for wasting your time.

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:00 am

"
Can use: Nearly anything melee oriented.
Wears: Dark Blue School Uniform (Japanese).
Magical field: Unatural Speed, Jumping height/distance increases with distance run prior to jump.

Backround:
(Warning! River City Ransom Spoilers!)
Teaming up ........................
"
He's talking about this Ryu Kurai. According to the RP rules (In the story thread), there doesn't seem to be any magic fields available for humans. Those are reserved for the spellcaster race "Veradel" (and possibily psychic race "Lydranen").

Anyway, what you listed there is natural ability, not a magical field...

You can always argue that he came from a different dimension, but you would have to OK it with our GM first.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 6/18/04 12:04 am

RyuKurai000

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:16 pm

Oh. Ok then. Lemme edit that... *Lunkheadedness abounds with him*

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:27 pm

Erm... is this dead? Rion, say something! <p>"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion