Murder in the Dark

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Murder in the Dark

Unread postby Kelne » Thu May 13, 2004 11:57 pm

Well, now that I've got some time on my hands, I'm dusting off the plans for a number of RPs. First amongst these is a murder mystery, shamelessly based upon an obscure piece of fiction. All those who are familiar with the name Roberto Brake need not apply.

As of yet, I'm undecided whether to make this a chat or board RP. It will likely depend on the people who sign up.

So far as setting and system go, it'll be based in Doma City itself, and I'll be using the windows system.

Any questions, feel free to ask. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

wkz

re: Murder in the Dark

Unread postby wkz » Fri May 14, 2004 12:31 am

Windows system?
where's the reference to that?

Also, due to time differences, I am mostly a Forum only person....

Seethe347

Re: re: Murder in the Dark

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri May 14, 2004 3:19 am

Here is a link for Window.

I might be up to this if it's a board RP.

wkz

Huh? Did I see it before?

Unread postby wkz » Fri May 14, 2004 4:17 am

Apparently, I had seen the windows system before: It is the system I used when role-playing my absolute first RP in my life using my very first character. I did not even know it is called "Windows" then...

Since I really want [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A:] at: 5/14/04 8:34 pm
[/i]

SALSAlys

Re: Huh? Did I see it before?

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri May 14, 2004 9:07 am

Tempted to join, yes yessy...

First gen I assume?

And while I'd love a chat RP, I'll admit I'm not likely to be free for that on.... weekdays. And weekends are unavailable after the upcoming Saturday/Sunday. So board RP?

Seethe347

Re: Huh? Did I see it before?

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri May 14, 2004 2:59 pm

There is one thing I need to know about Window. What limits your stats and skills? You know how in Philsys you have 21 points to distribute to stats and 20+2*INT+2*WIS for skills? Well, does Window have a rule to that effect, or do you just use common sense?

Also, a little more specific information on the background of the story would help me.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 5/14/04 3:04 pm

TheLorax21

Re: Murder in the Dark

Unread postby TheLorax21 » Fri May 14, 2004 3:57 pm

I'm interested, but it may take me a day or two to convert my character sheet because I'm rather busy this weekend.

You can see the philsys version [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thelorax21>TheLorax21</A:] at: 5/14/04 4:56 pm
[/i]

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri May 14, 2004 7:17 pm

Go ahead and use it. It's the system I tend to use anyway. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Mon May 17, 2004 4:32 am

So, when is this murderer going to stalk us and/or we are going to stalk him? And will we all be dancing our merry dance in the dark on the boards?

and who is Roberto Brake anyway?

Edit:
< The Writings in This Space did not happen. It is temporarly insanity for my part. Sorry for the trouble >

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 5/17/04 4:40 am

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon May 17, 2004 7:28 am

To belatedly answer Lys's question, it'll be first gen. Board RP, since that's the unanimous consensus amongst those who've signed up.

Seethe: Windows is a pretty common sense system, really. There are no hard and fast rules on allocation of points. Go with whatever values for stats and skills seem appropriate. Pervy's guide is very handy for this. In hindsight, a windows sheet isn't even strictly necessary in this situation, as I'm quite capable of working out sensible values on the fly.

To be honest, I've decided to do the initial concept as a spur-of-the-moment chat RP, as I feel it fits better. No matter, however. My diabolical mind has already come up with something equally sneaky. Or so I like to believe, anyway.

If there are no objections, I'll be starting things off tomorrow. The hunt for the murderer will be conducted by the patrons of an inn on the city outskirts. I'm afraid that's about as much information as you'll be getting until the RP itself.

Oh, and Roberto Brake is the protagonist in a mystery series I read on another forum some time back. I'll provide a link when it's all over. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Dan

Unread postby Dan » Mon May 17, 2004 9:06 am

There is no fixed system used for 2nd Gen RPs.

... That is all I have to say.

SALSAlys

Rawr.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon May 17, 2004 12:09 pm

I'd like to join with Jessamin Copperhead, buuuut... I'mma need to do the sheet in a snap when I have more time! ^_^;; I'm at school comps at the moment, but shouldn't take that long to write once I get home.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Re: Rawr.

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Mon May 17, 2004 3:14 pm

Is there still room for people to join up, this has caught my interest. <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame ---------------

Aaron Lewise of Guildportal: On the up side though, most of the remaining bugs are genuinely evil, sentient beings that actively dodge attempts to thwart them.</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon May 17, 2004 4:06 pm

Here is the Philsys sheet for the character that I want to use.

TheLorax21

Unread postby TheLorax21 » Mon May 17, 2004 5:28 pm

What time tomorrow were you planning on starting this? My sheet may not be converted in time, but I'll try to have it done if I can. The philsys version is already linked in this thread.

Edit: The sheet is converted and posted. [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thelorax21>TheLorax21</A:] at: 5/17/04 6:13 pm
[/i]

SALSAlys

Jessamin Copperhead

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed May 19, 2004 12:40 pm

Link!

And that be char, though I'm editing char sheet a bit later. But that's the gist.

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Mon May 24, 2004 5:53 am

*2 days later*
The GM has forsaken us!!!
*goes cry in the corner*

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: ............

Unread postby Kelne » Mon May 24, 2004 11:42 pm

Apologies to all concerned. I'm easily distracted sometimes. If anybody feels that I'm moving too slowly at any point, feel free to kick me.

To answer Celeste's question, yes there's room for you (and all others who've applied).

I will kick things off later this evening. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

RydWolf

Unread postby RydWolf » Wed May 26, 2004 8:27 am

Entry withdrawn.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rydwolf>RydWolf</A] at: 6/3/04 6:45 am

wkz

Just for my own convenience....

Unread postby wkz » Wed May 26, 2004 12:40 pm

^ read the title.

List of characters
-----------------
wkz ==Dorian Shubat
TheLorax21 == Elyssa
Seethe347 == Brinala Aldring
SALSAlys == Jessamin Copperhead

and finally, a withdrawn entry:
(x)RydWolf == Ringmarl, the Bastard(x)

Edited by: wkz at: 6/4/04 3:17 am

Uncle Pervy

Re: Just for my own convenience....

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:32 am

Dear wkz

I'm reading the RP, right?

And I notice that you're laying out the bar and the NPCs, declaring the 'only nekojin in the bar', ect.

That's the GM's job. Leave the details to him, he establishes them, not you. Or are you trying to take over the plot? <_<

Ad Astra per Catgirls,
Pervy. <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

wkz

Ouch

Unread postby wkz » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:44 am

I have the tendency to do that... describe locations that is...

Have been/Will try to watch out for it from now on.....

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 6/5/04 5:44 am

TheLorax21

Vacation issues

Unread postby TheLorax21 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:13 pm

My apologies to all participating in this RP but I will be on vacation for a few days, with little or no chance to post. I will be gone from June 17th to the 22nd. Sorry for any inconveniences this causes.

wkz

*The heart's not beating*

Unread postby wkz » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:36 am

Yohoo~~ ...... Anyone there?
>.>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: *The heart's not beating*

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:03 am

Alright, I'm not on it. Inspiration, that ever-fickle mistress, has deserted me once more. My apologies to all, but my heart just isn't in it, and I'm closing it down.

Should I so much as consider beginning another board RP without a lot more advance planning, someone is to shoot me. <p>"I didn't want to crush Moyle. I didn't have to. He was so spineless, gravity did it for me." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/26/04 12:03 am

Return to OOC RP Discussion