First EVAR Doman Combat Tournament!

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
JoshuaDurron

First EVAR Doman Combat Tournament!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu May 27, 2004 9:36 pm

The rumors have come it trickles... then begun to run rampant. Rumors of a tournament to be held for Doman's, outside, or rather underneath, the long arm of the Doman Guard. Those curious enough, or wily enough to follow these rumors to their source will learn the details.

Fighters may enter. Regardless of how they fight, be it by magic, sword, bow, or Valthi gun, they may enter. Matches will be held in random locations, some arenas with hazards, some without. All matches will be judged, and white mages will stand ready to heal the loosers. The victors will go on, to compete in a large round robin style tournament, for a 25,000 gil purse.

Of course, those not interested in fighting may, instead, wish to place bets... or simply come to witness the spectacle, for a fee.

To the winner goes fame, fortune, and the potential of future gains. To the rest... better luck next time.

OOC: And that's the basic set-up, yeppers. Now how will it all work? Well, for starters, things will be done using Philsys 2.0. I'll take as many as TWELVE entrants, provided they are characters that are not above the 5th level, and you fiangle some IC reason for them to be in an underground combat tournament.

All characters will fight in two "preliminary rounds" against one of the GM's NPCs (in the first round) and each other (in the second round, unless a PC is eliminated in the first round.) (And this is so totally NOT just so I can use some of my characters that are lying around. Nope, not at all... >_>;;;) NPCs will be chosen so that the PC will have a fair chance of winning (although this is by no means certain.)

The remaining however many characters will engage in a round robin (in which everyone fights everyone else) and the two fighters with the highest rankings will face off in a final duel for the title. An NPC may be carried through to the round robin, to keep the numbers of competitors even.

Rounds will be conducted in chat, with the GM, any competitors involved, and anyone who wishes to watch. People are welcome to play spectators (including other competitors, if they desire to watch their opponent's matches.)

No characters will be killed in this tournament (that's what the white mages are for.) EXP will range from 150-400 per round fought.

So who's interested? <p>

"Crazy is good." - Luffy, One Piece
</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: First EVAR Doman Combat Tournament!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 27, 2004 9:58 pm

Will it be held at night?

If so, I volunteer [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A:] at: 5/27/04 10:01 pm
[/i]

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu May 27, 2004 10:32 pm

I don't see why this needs to be all "Hush-hush", away from the fuzz. Domans seem to embrace combat, so long as it's safe.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=capntastic>Capntastic</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/27/04 10:33 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu May 27, 2004 10:43 pm

Duelling is legal.

So yeah, no need to be hush hush at all. As long as there aren't arseloads of collateral damage, you'll be fine. Killing would be the other issue, but you've covered that.

I don't see any reason for it not to have officialness. <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu May 27, 2004 10:49 pm

I'm considering volunteering for this, although I would have to convert characters to PS 2.0 in that case.

I'll decide who to use later, and I'll link the character sheets when that happens. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here. </span></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu May 27, 2004 10:59 pm

Another thing, Philsys is horrible for PvP. Techs get involved, and then all sorts of numbers start showing up and then rolling HP isn't there to save you and then someone gets Insta-Killed. I can see this is why there is a level cap, but still, that's not going to even out the attack/defense problems for PvP. I dunno, just something to think about.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri May 28, 2004 2:07 am

I'm considering submitting a specific character, but only if a) it is specifically approved by you, and b) there aren't 12 other entrants you'd rather have. I suppose you could say it's because I'm curious if he's actually combat capable at all, but really, it's for no reason whatsoever.

:D <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri May 28, 2004 4:47 am

And cause I want to point it out:

There has been combat tournaments ran in the slums aea of Doma for a while, though the last time it was done a big problem occurred when they tried to kill a captured Demon as part of the game.

Other then that - I'll probably look into this but Choark is a) Gone from Doma and b) Above the cap level so I'll have to see. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri May 28, 2004 8:12 am

I'd be interested, but I'd really have to work on Damian Vaza's sheet. <_<;; So... yeah. I'll try, but keep in mind he'd be level 1 and I'mma need to work on it.

Also, I have a PC who would likely be interested in just watching the tournament; can she be allowed as a spectator? =D

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri May 28, 2004 10:43 am

Ah. Didn't realize Dueling was legal in Doma. Or that there had been other combat tournaments run. o_o;;

(Totally off-subject, but is there a list of Doman laws lying around anywhere?)

ALSO: PhilSys has been chosen as the system for the following reasons. 1) A lot of people have PhilSys sheets already. 2) It is fairly realistic, and FAST. Quite frankly, I don't want a single duel to take more than 15-20 minutes. Realize that I'm going to have to run upwards of 30 of these, if I get a full slate of people.

As for Techs and Insta Kills... well, I've got no problem with the former, and I don't think I've ever seen a character with the latter, especially on level 5. (Note: I know they do exist, at least in the spell book, but I've never seen a character who can USE them.)

Lys: You're welcome to play spectators as much as you like! =D <p>

"Crazy is good." - Luffy, One Piece
</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri May 28, 2004 4:08 pm

I'd love to do something, but... chat? Shucks. Got me right where it hurts!

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri May 28, 2004 4:10 pm

...yeah, he's going to do 30+ fights in a row on the board. That won't take forever at all!

ALSO: Will post sheets here later. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri May 28, 2004 11:28 pm

Yes, yes. It isn't my fault that lag bitches me out, though.

FinsterDieTragik

Sounds great

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sat May 29, 2004 11:23 pm

I thought about it,and discovered that Jarteth Lorn (my first Philsys char) would have an IC reason to be there :D
I have to rework him for Philsys 2.0 , and of course get your ok,but this sounds like a lot of fun.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=finsterdietragik@rpgww60462>FinsterDieTragik</A] at: 5/30/04 6:32 pm

Return to OOC RP Discussion