Chaos Croaker (PS Board RP recruitment)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Divinegon2130

Chaos Croaker (PS Board RP recruitment)

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:49 pm

On the 9th of Tunara and later on the 12th of Tunara, disasters struck several small towns to the west of Yamae. According to the few survivors, the major attacker was a toadlike figure with giant claws on the backs of its hands. The creature's been using powerful magic and apparently the aid of much larger monsters to level towns very close to the Shuman Mountains.

These attacks have struck fear into tiny villages in the area, as they apparently do not know where the creature will strike next. One of those villages, Yinkar, has started seeking mercenaries capable of stopping the creature's madness.

Okay, I'm ready to try something I haven't done in who knows how long, and that's GM a board RP.

I don't plan on starting this particular RP before the middle of May, in order to get some things on my end dealt with (like school). If you're willing to be in this, post your character sheets. I'll decide who to take no earlier than the 1st of May, so you have plenty of time to volunteer characters. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here. </span></p>

wkz

hey! talk about luck.

Unread postby wkz » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:57 pm

The original planned location of the temple of my (upcoming) first PS character is in the Shuman Mountains....

As soon as I get him philly'ed, I'll post again. Here's the link to the current incomplete description [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A:] at: 4/14/04 9:08 am
[/i]

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: hey! talk about luck.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:41 am

[url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A:] at: 4/19/04 10:48 pm
[/i]

NamagomiMk0

Re: Yay. A fitting open RP

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:41 am

Well, might as well offer to post Kamos here. Not like there's any other active PS RPs he's currently in (Brian's is on hiatus, last I checked). <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Yay. A fitting open RP

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:23 pm

Oo... a philsys RP, been wanting to get try my hands with one of these. I would be very interested in joining this RP, as soon as i write up my Philsys character. <p>_____________
There are three kinds of people in this world...</p>

The Great Nevareh

!!!!?

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:37 pm

I have a character who's mostly codified, but I'm still having trouble with some parts of the entire damage-allocation system. I haven't involved him in anything yet, though...
Mid-May? I might not be here all summer. Never mind unless I get a negatory on the job I'm applying for. <p>I am currently inhabiting a world that is made up entirely of numbers. These numbers represent characteristics of creatures and beings that I pretend to be along with a bunch of other people. I work on them until I forget what the sky looks like, or what the feeling of the sun on my skin is...
Then I break and order chinese.</p>Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 4/14/04 1:46 pm

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: !!!!?

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:41 am

If possible, I'd like to attempt joining this.

For the offering, I present Loake, or possibly Erech, though I'll have to talk to Div about the latter, should he be accepted. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:47 am

whisper. totally. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:36 pm

OK, I just wrote him up the other day, but I want to put him into an RP as fast as I can, so presenting Treble. <p>_____________

wkz

He's finally complete

Unread postby wkz » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:52 am

Finally, finished Phillying Dorian Shubat, [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A:] at: 4/20/04 5:25 am
[/i]

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Chaos Croaker (PS Board RP recruitment)

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:32 pm

Mid-May works pretty well for me, since I will have returned home by then. As a consequence, I offer Marius into the mix. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:31 pm

Okay, just to let people know this, but I will be selecting characters this Sunday, May 2nd.

To those that have not signed up and still want their chance, this is going to be the final call I make for asking people to sign up.

Also, I anticipate doing GM posts as often as I can, so I'd like RPers that can keep on top of things. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:46 pm

I finished a philsys character just in time, so consider her application [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A:] at: 4/27/04 4:47 pm
[/i]

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:23 pm

Also, to help Div remember, I changed my hopeful entry to someone else- Div knows who to IM for the sheet. :D <p>

Image</div>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat May 01, 2004 11:38 pm

Alright, I'm going a bit early this time.

The characters selected for this are:

Falchetta
Marius
Whisper
Jansen

I'll be starting the RP when two things happen:
(1) I finish with the current semester of school (less than two weeks);
(2) Kelne returns home (dunno how long)

When those are fulfilled, I will make a notice here and then post the RP's thread within two days of that. <p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sun May 02, 2004 1:38 am

YAY! <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun May 02, 2004 5:37 pm

Hey, what about me? What's wrong with my character? <p>_____________

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon May 03, 2004 12:31 pm

Whispers new and improved sheet <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon May 03, 2004 7:45 pm

Quote:
Hey, what about me? What's wrong with my character?

Other than the fact that it sucks, you mean?

Also, complaining about not being picked in a thread like this doesn't say good things about someone. <p>

Image</div>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue May 04, 2004 4:05 pm

No no, I wasn't complainging, I was just wondering if there was a reason why I wasn't picked... <p>_____________

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue May 04, 2004 4:18 pm

Darkknight, two things.

One, your question came out sounding like it was complaining, and that's enough to make people think less of you.

Two, I don't believe there's a rule that forces GMs to tell their reasons for not putting a given character in their RP. However, I will say I pick characters for reasons that are independent to each given character (maybe a well-thought-out backstory, or favoring something about their skills, or maybe previous dealings with a character). I just couldn't find enough reasons to put Treble in the RP. <p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue May 04, 2004 7:09 pm

Ok, I'm sorry if it came out sounding sort of whiney. I just thought, since I'm still new, that there was perhaps some major reason as to why my character was not accepted. If what you said was the case, then I humbly thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, and I bid you good day. <p>_____________

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed May 05, 2004 11:56 pm

And on another note, I'm back home. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed May 12, 2004 4:49 pm

Okay, I have returned home from classes, so this RP can finally get off the ground.

To the four people that are in this RP - that is, Cha, Lex, Shini, and Kelne - the intro post will either be later today or sometime tomorrow, dependent on whether Shini runs his chat RP tonight.

If he doesn't, I'll start this tonight, but if he does, I'm going to put off starting this RP until tomorrow. <p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed May 12, 2004 5:47 pm

Lex refers Div to her post in the OOC forum. >.< I happen to be moving apartments. Come friday I wont' have internet for a few days. Sorry, I tried to get them to connect it already but they won't. so it may be a few days before it's back. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed May 12, 2004 5:59 pm

Right. What I'll do in that case is try to get started and then hold the plot part of the RP for a bit. If there happens to be a rather minor conversation that goes on during that time, however, that'll be permitted to continue (unless your character's part of it, in which case it'll be on hold). <p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed May 12, 2004 9:44 pm

Gotcha! n_n Sorry about this. Thought i'd be internet ready when i got there. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 13, 2004 12:16 am

BTW, if you were wondering, I'm ready and raring to go.
<p>--------------------
"Kill her. Then we'll have pizza."

-Scorpius, Farscape

Happy Winter-een-mas!</p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion