Hello^___^

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
White Kitsune

Hello^___^

Unread postby White Kitsune » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:17 pm

Hi! I just joined today and I'd like to rp- but not completly sure how to set up a character profile thingy or actually start an rp- I think I get the basics, put up a board to see if anyones interested but after that what do I do? Thanks^^;; I feel so new...

SALSAlys

Re: Hello^___^

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:51 pm

After that, depending on where your RP is based, you post the intro in either the "Other RPs" section or "Main Gaera". As a newbie though, I'd recommend that you join another RP first so you can participate and see firsthand how it works, rather than just jumping in and trying to start from scratch.

And welcome to the board!

*gives a plushie and cookie*

White Kitsune

Unread postby White Kitsune » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:03 pm

Thank you^____^ And how exactly does a character sheet thingy work?

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:03 pm

Well, to be honest, the answer to that question is dependent on whether you're into being in a system-driven RP or a freestyle RP.

Regardless, I suggest looking at the Gaera Guide first and foremost. Even though it's only got about 95% (give or take) of the information needed, that's a lot. And trust me, you don't want to be jumping in without knowledge of this stuff.

Anyway.... Freestyle you don't need much for, just the character's description (physical as well as how the character tends to act) and backstory (it should be a GOOD one - we'll tell you how we think of it - but generally, the more developed, the better).

As for system RPs..... actually, I'll let someone else handle that, and anything I missed in regards to freestyle. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here. </span></p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion