d20 Call of Cthulhu Game

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Wolfbelly

d20 Call of Cthulhu Game

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:02 am

Hey, all. Just drumming up some quick interest in any and all who would be interested in a Lovecraftian horror RPG which also mimics zombie horror movies like Evil Dead and/or Dawn of the Dead. Since it's the d20 style version of Call of Cthulhu, that means it's very, very similar to 3rd edition DnD regarding style. Character creation is essentially exactly the same, save for there being no definite classes or anything.

Anyway, the gist of the campaign thus far would be that all of the players are University level students who are going to some cabin for spring break. Things start going wrong, and then horror reigns as the group tries to figure out what to do. So far, I haven't planned anything beyond this level, but the Call of Cthulhu system allows for the game to go beyond this adventure should the players so desire it. Thus, while I admit that the game begins with zombie grade badness, it could continue on to more Cthulhu-esque pastures ... or something.

So, what I need is for all of you people who are interested to post in this thread and tell me that you're interested. It'd also be real helpful if you mentioned what times you're available.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: d20 Call of Cthulhu Game

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:07 am

Students? In a cabin? Alone? Horror?

Oh the cliches!

But seriously, I would be down if someone could spare the time to help me with character creation. It all hinges on that. As for times...well...most weekday evenings.
<p>

I am just too damn British.

LilDragonFluffy: HOW TE FUCK DO YOU FEMININFIZE GUS?!

"The best research [for playing a drunk] is being a British actor for 20 years." - Michael Caine</p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:46 am

I'm not sure. While I like Call of Cthulu, I have the feeling that the new d20 version will make me cringe. <p><div style="text-align:center">
---

Scribed
</div></p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:18 pm

That may be the case, Blaze ... but you'll never really know until you try, will you?

And Sprite, I'm down for that, yo. Problem is I'm going to be AWOL from my AIM for the next two days.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:57 pm

I'm slightly interestested, but I have not the capabilities to learn how to make a sheet :{ Nor the patience.

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:06 pm

When I get time, I'll make a future post which will detail how d20 Call of Cthulhu is different from d20 Dungeons and Dragons. This will be focused on character generation, primarily new feats, what feats aren't included, new skills, skills that aren't included, and how the classless system works. This will be primarily for the benefit of those familiar to d20 Dungeons and Dragons. And I guess I'll have to whip up a basic .doc file for character sheets. Hmmm, and I guess I'll actually also have to explain featsand skills because it seems as though the only people whoa re interested thus far don't play d20 DnD.

I'm shooting for massive updates on this on the weekend, and a first session next week sometime.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:02 pm

I am also interested. This looks like fun. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:03 pm

A persuasive argument you do make. Sure, why the heck not? Though by your talk of sessions I assume you're doing this via chat. This could be problematic for me, but if I can't play then I can't play.

Also, contrary to the impression I might have given I actually have a LOT of d20 D&D books, and know the system very well, though I'm a tad rusty. So if you get that post up explaining the differences I'll be happy to assist you in helping others with their characters, whether I'm actually involved or not.

<p><div style="text-align:center">
---

Scribed
</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:09 pm

If you help me make a sheet, I will totally be in this.

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:27 pm

Yeah, Lloyd I'll hit this. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Lex: "You know I'm wanging this argument!"</div><div style="text-align:center">Me:" ....did you say wanging...?"</div><div style="text-align:center"> Lex: "WINNING!"</div></p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:52 pm

Hmn...morbid curiousity has won over. 'Sides, I've been interested in how the D20 version of Cthulu for a while, so why not? <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hello, I'm Troy Mclure! You may remember me from such realms as Hell, and Gaera!"-Shinigori, OOC</span></p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:49 am

*single tear*

I love you guys.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:59 am

I'd like to play. If you are doing it via chat, i'd have to see if I could fit in.
<p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame ---------------

Aaron Lewise of Guildportal: On the up side though, most of the remaining bugs are genuinely evil, sentient beings that actively dodge attempts to thwart them.</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:53 pm

Okay, I'm hoping to do this on Tuesdays, maybe Thursdays. My work schedule makes Mondways, Wednesdays and Fridays impossible, and my "free time" schedule heartily frowns upon weekends. Now, what I need all of you people to do is to post your availabilities for those days, or hell, for all days. If it looks as though I'll absolutely have to switch to another day, maybe I will. So get with your availability times.

Also, I plan on doing this via AIM because it has the perks of being a real time chat ... thingy, and it has a dice rolling ... thingy as well. If AIM doesn't work out for you, then propose another idea which features the previous two ... features, and I'll look into it.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:32 pm

Tuesdays and Thursdays work well for me. I'll be available for RPing 7/8 through 12/12:30 EST, providing nothing strange comes up.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:16 pm

I can be free those days, however I can only devote one evening to it.

Aaron Lewise of Guildportal: On the up side though, most of the remaining bugs are genuinely evil, sentient beings that actively dodge attempts to thwart them.</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:44 pm

Just clarifying something, I'm only planning on at most 1 session per week.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:26 pm

Cool. Wasn't certain thought I'd just make it clear how much free time I was willing to devote. <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame ---------------

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:35 am

Character Creation

Like in Dungeons and Dragons, there are 6 primary character stats. Strength (STR), Dexterity (DEX), Constitution (CON), Intelligence (INT), Wisdom (WIS) and Charisma (CHA). These stats share the common d20 range of 3-18 which is generally achieved by rolling 4d6 and removing the worst roll. All of the stats follow a similar progression in stat bonuses which is as follows ...

Stat Modifier
3 ------------ -4
4-5 ---------- -3
6-7 ---------- -2
8-9 ---------- -1
10-11 -------- +/-0
12-13 -------- +1
14-15 -------- +2
16-17 -------- +3
18 ----------- +4

Regarding saving throws and combat situations, Call of Cthulhu handles this by stating that there are generally two types of characters. Aggressive characters and defensive characters. Aggressive characters have a higher overall base attack bonus, but they are generally worse in regards to making saving throws. Defensive characters on the other hand are better at making saving throws, but they're never going to be as good in combat as aggressive characters. The table progressions are as follows ...

Defensive Character Table
Level --- Save 1 --- Save 2 --- Save 3 -- Attack Bonus - Defense Bonus
1 -------- +0 -------- +2 -------- +2 -------- +0 -------- +2
2 -------- +0 -------- +3 -------- +3 -------- +1 -------- +2
3 -------- +1 -------- +3 -------- +3 -------- +1 -------- +2
4 -------- +1 -------- +4 -------- +4 -------- +2 -------- +2
5 -------- +1 -------- +4 -------- +4 -------- +2 -------- +3

Offensive Character Table
Level --- Save 1 --- Save 2 --- Save 3 -- Attack Bonus - Defense Bonus
1 -------- +0 -------- +0 -------- +2 -------- +1 -------- +0
2 -------- +0 -------- +0 -------- +3 -------- +2 -------- +0
3 -------- +1 -------- +1 -------- +3 -------- +3 -------- +0
4 -------- +1 -------- +1 -------- +4 -------- +3 -------- +0
5 -------- +1 -------- +1 -------- +4 -------- +4 -------- +1

Aside from the things like Hit Points and Armor Class,Call of Cthulhu also has another character stat simply called Sanity. Sanity points are a measure of the character's mind, and how resilient it is to the horrifying reality of the universe. Starting sanity is 5 times the character's wisdom score, and it can max out at 99. Sanity checks are required when the characters see something absolutely horrific (for example, finding a mangled human corpse), or when the character sees something from the Cthulhu Mythos (like Great Cthulhu himself). Oftentimes, when one succeeds in making the sanity check, that means they aren't affect. However, sights were never meant to be seen, and seeing them guarantees an amount of sanity loss.

For example, if one were to happen upon a mutilated cow, the sanity lost would be 0/1d2 (successful sanity check/failed sanity check). However, if one were to enter R'lyeh and see Cthulhu sleeping, the sanity lost would be 1d10/d%. When a character loses sanity equal to one half their wisdom score from a single roll, they must make a sanity check. If they fail the sanity check, then they go temporarily insane. Generally, this means that the character might go catatonic, become gripped by an intense phobia, show physical hysterics (bursts out laughing, crying, etc.), flees in panic, has a screaming fit, etc. 70% of the time, temporary insanities last for 1d10+4 rounds. However, if you're unlucky, the insanity could last 1d10x10 hours.

If a character loses 20% of their current sanity points in an hours, then they go indefinitely insane. This means that the character is afflicted with a long term insanity, and that lasts 1d6 game months or as the GM indicates. Symptoms of indefinite insanity may not be readily apparent, this may give the GM some additional time to decide appropriately what the insanity should be. Generally, indefinitely insane characters should be removed from play, but under specific circumstances, the player may wish to roleplay their insanity.
If a character is reduced beyond -10 sanity, then they go permanently insane and become NPC's.

A character's first instance of Mythos-related insanity (see Cthulhu Mythos below) bestows 2 ranks of Cthulhu Mythos skill, thereby lowering that characters maximum sanity by 2 points. Each time a character fails a sanity check and endures another mythos related episode of insanity (that is, suffers temporary or indefinite insanity) they gain an additional rank in Cthulhu Mythos. There is no maximum rank for the Cthulhu Mythos skill, and sanity lost through the gaining of Cthulhu Mythos skill ranks cannot be recovered. It's a permanent loss.

Sanity can be recovered through the gaining of levels (you grow, and become more stable), achieving a victory against elements of the Cthulhu Mythos (you prove to yourself that it's possible to fight back), or through long term psychiatric care (you're given pills and placed in a rubber room).

Characters must also choose skills and feats. Unlike Dungeons and Dragons, there is no real character 'class.' Rather, there are professions, and each profession is still minutely customizable. Professions generally consist of 9 skills and three options which become your core skills. That is, they advance at a rate of 1 skill rank per skill point you put into it. All of the other skills are not core skills, and therefore require two skill points to be increased by 1 skill rank. You can put in a maximum of your level+3 skill ranks into a skill in order to progress it. Examples of professions are ...

Archaeologist
Appraise (int)
Climb (str)
Knowledge: Archaeology (int)
Knowledge: History (int)
Knowledge: Any (int)
Research (int)
Search (int)
Speak Other Language (int)
Spot (wis)
+ three more of player's choice.

Doctor/Nurse
Computer use (int)
Diplomacy (cha)
Heal (wis)
Knowledge: Biology (int)
Knowledge: Medicine (int)
Listen (wis)
Research (int)
Spot (wis)

Writer/Reporter
Craft: Photography (int)
Craft: Writing (int)
Diplomacy (cha)
Gather Information (cha)
Innuendo (wis)
Research (int)
Sense Motive (wis)

I would post more, but I think you all understand how the system works. As professions go for the game I'll be running, I suggest you choose the characters major in University. If I don't have a profession here which covers that major, I'll whip one up especially for you. Examples of majors are Physics, Chemistry, Philosophy, Psychology, Business, Political Science, English, Sociology, etc. etc. The profession of 'Physics' might not differ from 'Chemistry' very much, considering how they're both majors under the domain of a Bachelor of Science. Knowing this, if you choose a major, it might be extremely similar to another major that someone takes. Some skills require a certain degree of knowledge in order to attempt, thus if you have no skill points in some skills, then you can't even attempt them. The skill list is as follows ...

Skill ----------------------- Untrained? - Key ability
Animal Empathy --------------- No -------- Cha
Appraise --------------------- Yes -------- Int
Balance ---------------------- Yes -------- Dex
Bluff ------------------------- Yes -------- Cha
Climb ------------------------ Yes -------- Str
Computer Use ---------------- Yes -------- Int
Concentration ---------------- Yes -------- Con
Craft: Whatever --------------- No -------- Int
Cthulhu Mythos --------------- No --------- NA
Demolitions ------------------- No --------- Int
Diplomacy ------------------- Yes --------- Cha
Disable Device ---------------- No --------- Int
Disguise --------------------- Yes -------- Cha
Drive ------------------------ Yes -------- Dex
Escape Artist ---------------- Yes -------- Dex
Gather Information ----------- Yes -------- Cha
Handle Animal ----------------- No -------- Cha
Heal ------------------------- Yes -------- Wis
Hide ------------------------- Yes -------- Dex
Innuendo -------------------- Yes -------- Wis
Intimidate ------------------- Yes -------- Cha
Jump ------------------------ Yes -------- Str
Knowledge: Whatever --------- No -------- Int
Listen ----------------------- Yes -------- Wis
Move Silently ---------------- Yes -------- Dex
Open Lock -------------------- No -------- Dex
Operate Heavy Machinery ----- No -------- Dex
Performance ----------------- No -------- Cha
Pilot ------------------------- No -------- Dex
Psychic Focus ---------------- No -------- Wis
Psychoanalysis --------------- No -------- Wis
Read Lips -------------------- No --------- Int
Repair ------------------------ No -------- Int
Research -------------------- Yes -------- Int
Ride ------------------------- Yes -------- Dex
Search ---------------------- Yes -------- Int
Sense Motive ---------------- Yes -------- Wis
Sleight of Hand --------------- No -------- Dex
Speak Other Language -------- No -------- Int
Spellcraft -------------------- No -------- Int
Spot ------------------------ Yes -------- Wis
Swim ------------------------ Yes -------- Str
Tumble ----------------------- No -------- Dex
Use Rope -------------------- Yes -------- Dex
Wilderness Lore -------------- Yes -------- Wis

Some skills hold synergy with other skills. For example, the skill Animal Empathy will provide some bonus to the skill Handle Animal, should you be experienced enough with it. I won't post a list of the skill synergies here, but if you want to know I'll add it later. Also, some skills will need to be explained I'm sure. If you want clarity on any skills other than what I'm about to clarify, just post and I'll edit this entry to include it. So, the skill descriptions are ...

Cthulhu Mythos: You have experienced things that Should Not Be Known, maybe you've had horrible natural experiences or have read various forbidden tomes. Because of this, you know the truly dark secrets which challenge everything you thought you knew. Since these revelations defy logic or commonly accepted facts, it does not matter how intelligent or wise you are when using this skill. Only how much exposure to the Cthulhu Mythos you've experienced.
Check: You can recall or access knowledge pertaining to the Cthulhu Mythos, particularly details about monsters, deities, spells, or rites pertaining directly to them or the effects they have had on history. You may have insights or speculations about phenomena you are experiencing for the first time.
Special: You cannot gain ranks in this skill through spending skill points. You may only gain ranks through reading Mythos tomes or through experiences within the Mythos itself. Each rank you add to this skill permanently reduces your sanity by 1 point. The more you know about the horrible truths underlying reality, the less capable you are of leading a normal life.
You cannot take Cthulhu Mythos during character creation, nor can you declare it as a core skill. However, there is no maximum rank; your level does not limit the number of ranks in Cthulhu Mythos you can aquire.

Psychic Focus: Use this skill to focus your willpower to perform amazing psychic feats. This skill is only useful to characters with specific psychic feats. if a power is sensory (or extrasensory), the GM may roll for you secretly so that you don't know whether you succeeded.
Retry: Yes, but each try has a cost involved that depends on the feat.
Special: you can only take this skill if your GM is using psychic feats as a part of the campaign (to which I say "Sure, why not? If you want to go for a low level psychic character, feel free to knock yourself out on that.")

Like in Dungeons and Dragons, characters get special feats. Characters start the game with 2 feats and get an extra 1 feat at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, etc. They are as follows ...

Feat ------------- Prerequisite
Acrobatic
Alertness
Amidexterity -------- Dex 15+
Animal Affinity
Athletic
Blind-Fight
Cautious
Combat Casting
Dodge -------------- Dex 13+
* Mobility ---------- Dex 13+, Dodge
* Spring Attack ----- Dex 13+, Dodge, Mobility, Base Attack +4 or higher
Drive-By-Attack
Endurance
Expertise ------------ Int 13+
Gearhead
Great Fortitude
Improved Critical ----- Proficient with weapon, Base Attack +8 or higher
Improved Initiative
Iron Will
Lightning Reflexes
Martial Artist
Nimble
Persuasive
Point Blank Shot
* Far Shot ----------- Point Blank Shot
* Precise Shot ------- Point Blank Shot
* Rapid Shot --------- Dex 13+, Point Blank Shot
* Multishot ----------- Dex 13+, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot
* Shot on the Run ---- Dex 13+, Point Blank Shot, Dodge, Mobility
* Rolling Shot -------- Dex 13+, Point Blank Shot, Shot on the Run, Dodge, Mobility
Power Attack --------- Str 13+
* Cleave ------------- Str 13+, Power Attack
Quick Draw ----------- Base Attack +1 or higher
Run
Sharp Eyed
Skill Emphasis
Stealthy
Toughness
Track
Trustworthy
Two-Weapon Fighting
Wealth
Weapon Finesse ------ Weapon Proficiency (for that weapon), Base Attack +1 or higher
Weapon Focus -------- Weapon Proficiency (for that weapon), Base Attack +1 or higher
Weapon Proficiency
Psychic Feats ------- Prerequisite
Sensitive ------------- Cha 15+
Biofeedback Trance --- Cha 15+, Sensitive
* Remote Viewing ----- Cha 15+, Sensitive, Biofeedback Trance
Dowsing -------------- Cha 15+, Sensitive
Mind Reading --------- Cha 15+, Sensitive
* Mind Probe --------- Cha 15+, Sensitive, Mind Reading
Psychokinesis --------- Cha 15+, Sensitive
Psychometry --------- Cha 15+, Sensitive
Second Sight --------- Cha 15+, Sensitive
Telepathy ------------ Cha 15+, Sensitive

Again, if you want some clarity on what some of these feats do, ask and I shall edit this entry. For now, I'll just describe a couple psychic feats.

Sensitive: You are aware that there is mroe than meets the eye - an almost imperceptible world of psychic phenomena.
Prerequisite: Cha 15+
Benefit: You can learn other psychic feats. Furthermore, the GM may provide you with special information, such as a strange feeling in a certain spot in the house, disturbing dreams, or other inexplicable occurences. You have no control over these sensations and revelations; thus, this power doesn't require an action to activate. If a Psychic Focus check is required (say, for very faint extrasensory sensations), the GM may roll it secrestly so that you won't know whether you succeeded.
Action: None. The GM announces when you see something.
Cost: None

Psychometry: You can handle an object and gain a vision, either of the person who created it or someone who has touched it in the past.
Prerequisite: Cha 15+, Sensitive
Benefit: When you touch an inanimate object and concentrate for one minute, you may attempt a Psychic Focus check (DC 15). If you succeed, you gain a brief vision of someone associated with the object in the past.
For example, if you pick up a hunting knife, you might glimpse someone who carried it for years, the last person to use the knife, or a scene of a woman being murdered with the knife. Long association and strong emotion tend to leave behind the strongest impressions. The specific details of what the character sees are up to the GM.
Action: This power requires a full-round action to use.
Cost: 1d4 sanity points and 1 point of temporary Wisdom damage for each successful use; 1 sanity point for each failed attempt. In addition, the vision may itself cause sanity loss if horrific enough.

Dowsing: You can sense energy patterns invisible to others.
Prerequisites: Cha 15+, sensitive
Benefit: You can follow a psychic or magical energy patter, such as a ley line or the invisible trail left by a supernatural creature. If the GM tells you that you feel something unkown with your Sensitive feat, you can attempt a psychic focus check to follow a pattern or trail involved. you can track incorporeal, invisible or insubstantial creatures, but not coexistent creatures. if the creature leaves your plane of existence, you lose the trail.
Action: This power can be activated as a free action.
Cost: 1 sanity point and 1 point of temporary wisdom damage for each succesful use; 1 sanity point per failed attempt.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 2/7/04 1:01 am

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:05 am

Everybody, message me one of these days when I'm on AIM, I'll turn your character creation fantasies into realities! Capntastic, consider yourself helped! In your case, we'll just handle the rolling and then you can tell me how you want the character to be focused. What his major is, etc. I'll send you the character sheet when I'm finished, and then we can see how it suits your tastes.

Also, I was wondering if I could get a fair amount of you people to provide me with bmps or other image files which map out homes. They don't need to be your homes, but homes you've been to. The reason being that I'd like to have a large variety of house maps available, just in case the group goes wandering through various abandoned houses. This isn't required for the first session we'll have, mind you. But I don't want to design houses all by myself. It's a lonely job.

So far, it seems as though we have ...
Suicidal Sprite, Capntastic, Zemyla, NebulaQueen, Celeste of Elvenhame, Lord McAss-tard, and my brother interested. Blaze, I know you're interested, but are you not capable of handling AIM chat? How does Tuesdays at around 6pm EST sound to you people for regular CoC sessions?

Now, it seems that character generation is all that remains. Once your character is generated, post them up here like everyone else seems to do in all those other threads. That'd be, like, awesome.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 2/6/04 5:08 am

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:06 am

Nope, can't do it. Ah well. <p><div style="text-align:center">
---

Scribed
</div></p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:19 pm

D'oh

;_;

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:53 pm

Sounds like you have plenty players already, anyhoo. :O <p><div style="text-align:center">
---

Scribed
</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:41 am

Wolfo, IM me when you can to help me work out a character.

I'm a bit dumb, and IM's help me learn, with your expert guidance :D

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:46 pm

Since my brother is LAZY I'll be posting his character up here.

Name: Sam Kirby
Profession: Writer/reporter
Level: 1
Experience: 470
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 145 lbs
Appearance:

Str: 12 +1
Dex: 13 +1
Con: 12 +1
Int: 16 +3
Wis: 15 +2
Cha: 15 +2

HP: 7
AC: 13
Initiative: +1
Base Speed: 30
Max Sanity: 75
Current Sanity: 69
Base Attack: Defensive, +0

Fort Save: +1
Reflex Save: +3
Will Save: +4

Skills ------------------- Modifier - Rank - Stat
Craft: Photography -------- +6 ----- 3 --- +3
Craft: Writing ------------- +7 ----- 4 --- +3
Diplomacy ---------------- +7 ----- 4 --- +3
Gather Information -------- +6 ----- 4 --- +2
Innuendo ----------------- +3 ----- 1 --- +2
Knowledge: Occult -------- +5 ----- 2 --- +3
Knowledge: Psychology ---- +7 ----- 4 --- +3
Research ----------------- +7 ----- 4 --- +3
Sense Motive ------------- +4 ----- 2 --- +3
Psychoanalysis ------------ +4 ----- 2 --- +2
Heal ---------------------- +6 ----- 4 --- +2
Speak Japanese ----------- +7 ----- 4 --- +3
Non-Core Skills
Spot ---------------------- +3 ----- 1 --- +2
Swim --------------------- +2 ----- 1 --- +1
Wilderness Lore ------------ +3 ----- 1 --- +2

Feats
Martial Arts: Unarmed attacks deal 1d4 points of normal damage. Normally, a character deals 1d3 subdual damage, unless tehy take a -4 to strike to deal normal damage.
Dodge: Character chooses one opponent who he then receives a +1 dodge bonus to AC against.

More updates to come.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 2/17/04 11:29 pm

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:00 am

LLoyd I am moving this week, so you may have to start the first session without me.

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:22 am

I'll do you one better, Celester! Perhaps it's the copious amounts of alcohol I've comsumerd, or the need to do schoolwork, but I have finals this entire week. What say we push it off to the next tuesday? What do you all say to that?

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:53 pm

I'm all for that. <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame ---------------

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:19 pm

Another reason would be that I'm not 100% positive on whether all of the character generation will be finished by then, not including you, Celeste.

Edit: And on that note, my brother's character is done, as is Lord McBastard's and NebulaQueen's. Capntastic's character is close to being finished, I'm just waiting on a background for him before I assign skills, and the rest have yet to start fiddling with character creation. Those people are Celeste, ... and Zemyla.

Re-Edit: Suicidal Sprite bowed out, thus meaning that there will be only 6 players (shucks, eh?). Oh well, I cry for that, but good luck with your schooling, Sprite.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 2/9/04 3:19 pm

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:51 pm

BOO! I can't believe i missed this. >_< <p>
<div style="text-align:center">
Too cool to sig...
</div></p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:25 pm

It hasn't started yet. You can still get in on things. And now, to post some new characters ...

Message me if you're interested.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:27 pm

EXP: 475
Name: Elizabeth Ann Evers
Profession: English Major/Theater Enthusiast and Actress
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 135 lbs
Appearance: Redheaded and short, her curly hair is usually piled on top of her head in a very bright mess. Fond of dramatic makeup, jeans, and all things black and turtleneck.
Background: Ever the pampered child that parent's pushed in every contest, from beauty to talent contests, Elizabeth grew up to be a perfectionist. If not a raging bitch about some things. She haunts theaters in hopes of getting a role, and spends her free time playing mind numbing games on the computer, or horse back riding. Also....she drinks way too damn much coffee.

Str: 9 -1
Dex: 9 -1
Int: 15 +2
Wis: 14 +2
Cha: 17 +3

HP: 10
AC: 11
Initiative: 0
Sanity: 73

Fort Save: 0
Reflex Save: +1

Knowledge: Art-------- +6 ----- 4 --- +2
Knowledge: History ------------- +6 ----- 4 --- +2
Performance: ---------------- +7 ----- 4 --- +3
Research: -------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Speak: French ----------------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Diplomacy:-------- +5 ----- 2 --- +3
Craft: Writing---- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Bluff ----------------- +7 ----- 4 --- +3
Concentration ------------- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Riding ----------- +2 ----- 3 --- -1
Computer Use ------------ +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Sleight Of Hand---------- +2 ----- 3 --- -1
Non-Core Skills
Spot------------------------+4-----0----+2
Listen----------------------+4-----0----+2

Feats
Toughness: adds +3 hit points
Alertness +2 spot and listen.

Items:
blanket, backpack, 2 changes of clothes, coat, swim suit, grooming essentials, booze, sandwich materials, soda. Comic books, English Lit. text book. CDS.

Edit: there lloyd, all good now? <p>
<div style="text-align:center">
Too cool to sig...
</div></p>Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx&nbsp; Image at: 2/17/04 9:12 pm

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:11 am

DALEETED!

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 2/20/04 8:10 pm

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:47 am

DELTETED!

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 2/18/04 8:46 pm

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:05 am

BALEETED!

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 2/18/04 2:14 pm

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:03 am

And Brandon makes six.

Name: Alf Pavel
Profession: Science Student/Lacrosse Player/Peeping Tom
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 175 lbs
Background: "Lacrosse player and science student by day, stealthy peeping tom by night, rumors abound about the mysterious "College Peeper." The source of those rumors is this guy, how else does one explain such a high ranking in Move Silently as a core skill. He's such a perv". -That's Llyod's explaination on things, since the only reason he can imagine for moving quietly is to look at naked women. Which explains why he owns for instructional books on the subject.

Str: 14 +2
Dex: 13 +1
Int: 15 +2
Wis: 16 +3
Cha: 10 +0

AC: 11 (12 with dodge)
Sanity: 80
Base Attack: Aggressive, +1

Reflex Save: +1
Will Save: +5

Concentration ------------ +2 ----- 1 --- +1
Knowledge: Biology ------- +3 ----- 1 --- +2
Knowledge: Chemistry ----- +6 ----- 4 --- +2
Knowledge: Math --------- +4 ----- 2 --- +2
Knowledge: Physics ------- +3 ----- 1 --- +2
Listen -------------------- +7 ----- 4 --- +3
Move Silently ------------- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Research ----------------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Search ------------------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Speak: Latin -------------- +3 ----- 1 --- +2
Spot --------------------- +7 ----- 4 --- +3
Tumble ------------------- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Non-Core Skills
Balance ------------------ +2 ----- 1 --- +1
Jump --------------------- +3 ----- 1 --- +2
Knowledge: Occult -------- +4 ----- 2 --- +2

Feats
Dodge: Character chooses one opponent who he then receives a +1 dodge bonus to AC against.
Weapon Proficiency: Melee: The character understands how to use melee weapons in combat. He can now make attack rolls without suffering the usual -4 penalty due to nonproficiency on attack rolls. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">"Go tell your alien brothers, that Ronnie Cordova says they're gay!"-Ronnie Cordova</div></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:25 pm

Name: Michael
Profession: Computer sciences student
Experience: 400
Height: 6"
Weight: 170 lbs
Background:

Str: 9 -1
Dex: 12 +1
Con: 10 +0
Int: 18 +4
Wis: 13 +1
Cha: 13 +1

HP: 6
AC: 13
Max Sanity: 65
Current Sanity: 59

Fort Save: +0
Reflex Save: +3
Will Save: +3

Animal Empathy ----------- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Computer Use ------------- +10 ----- 4 --- +4
Concentration ------------- +4 ----- 4 --- +0
Disable Device ------------ +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Gather Information -------- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Handle Animal ------------- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Knowledge: Electronics ---- +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Knowledge: Physics ------- +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Open Lock ---------------- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Repair -------------------- +10 ----- 4 --- +4
Research ----------------- +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Search ------------------- +8 ----- 4 --- +4

Feats
Gearhead: The character has a way with machines. He gets a +2 aptitude bonus on all computer use and repair checks.
Weapon Proficiency: Melee: The character understands how to use melee weapons in combat. He can now make attack rolls without suffering the usual -4 penalty due to nonproficiency on attack rolls. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

NebulaQueen

Presenting, the Weilder of the Tire Iron

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:09 pm

Name: Rachel Thomson
Profession: History student/Long distance runner
Experience: 520
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 145 lbs
Background: Rachel Thomson is a freshmen at the college, getting in on a full scholarship due to her good academic standing as well as athletic ability (ie, since she worked hard in school and in long distance running, she gets a nice fat check. Nice, no?) She's always had a love of world history and mythology, and she practically absorbed the stuff while growing up. There's no telling where her curiousity for the arcane will take her...in fact, there were times where she came upon some more "unorthodox" sources for her information.

Usually Rachel is a quiet, laid back person, but she has a tough, agressive streak that comes up at times. When things need to get done, they get done.

Dex: 14 +2
Con: 17 +3
Int: 12 +1
Wis: 13 +1
Cha: 10 +0

HP: 9
AC: 12
Initiative: +2
Max Sanity: 65
Current Sanity: 59
Base Attack: Aggressive, +1

Fort Save: +3
Reflex Save: +4
Will Save: +2

Balance ------------------ +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Computer Use ------------ +3 ----- 2 --- +1
Concentration ------------ +5 ----- 2 --- +3
Drive --------------------- +4 ----- 2 --- +2
Gather Information -------- +3 ----- 3 --- +0
Heal ---------------------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Knowledge: Occult -------- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Knowledge: Geography ---- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Knowledge: Anthropology -- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Research ----------------- +4 ----- 3 --- +1
Spot --------------------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Wilderness Lore ----------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2

Feats
Running: When running, the character can reach a maximum speed of 5 times their base movement rate. If she makes a running jump, she can increase the distance by one quarter of what it would usually be.
Endurance: Whenever the character makes a check for performing a physical action that extends over a period of time, she gets a +4 competence bonus on that check.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Geekiness Abounds

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:41 pm

Name: Julian Farnsworth III
Profession: Civil Engineering Student
Experience: 250
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 196 lbs
Appearance:

Dex: 16 +3
Con: 13 +1
Int: 18 +4
Wis: 14 +2
Cha: 14 +2

AC: 15
Initiative: +3
Max Sanity: 68
Current Sanity: 58

Reflex Save: +5

Computer Use ------------- +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Concentration ------------- +5 ----- 4 --- +1
Demolitions ---------------- +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Disable Device ------------- +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Escape Artist -------------- +6 ----- 3 --- +3
Knowledge: Architecture --- +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Knowledge: Engineering ---- +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Knowledge: Physics -------- +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Open Lock ----------------- +6 ----- 3 --- +3
Research ------------------ +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Search -------------------- +8 ----- 4 --- +4
Spot ---------------------- +6 ----- 4 --- +2
Non-Core Skills
Bluff ---------------------- +5 ----- 1 --- +2
Cthulhu Mythos ------------ +2 ----- 2 --- NA
Diplomacy ----------------- +4 ----- 0 --- +2
Gather Information --------- +4 ----- 0 --- +2
Intimidate ----------------- +4 ----- 0 --- +2
Listen --------------------- +2 ----- 0 --- +2

Feats
Persuasive: Character receives a +2 aptitude bonus on all Bluff and Intimidate checks.
Trustworthy: Character receives a +2 aptitude bonus on all diplomacy and Gather Information checks. <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame ---------------

Aaron Lewise of Celeste of Elvenhame at: 2/26/04 9:42 am
[/i]

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Presenting, the Weilder of the Tire Iron

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:05 pm

Name: Spencer Tilesone
Profession: Arts student/Piano mover
Experience: 400
Height: 6"
Weight: 134 lbs
Background: Spencer Tilesone, a young man of unique interests. Forced by constant money problems to move back and forth between the depths of the city, and more urban areas, he has not had the easiest of times tying himself down to any one particular area of study. Devoting most of his time to researching, locating, and attempting to procure rare pieces of art and antiquaries. The current favorite in his small yet wonderfully diverse collection is a rather frowned upon Pickman original that he picked up for a steal. He has spent the last few years supporting himself as a Piano Mover in the core of the city, and has managed to secure a few good friendships with many antique dealers, often spending hours just sitting and talking. Overall, rather friendly, but can seem a touch distant at times, especially when he is in one of his moods.

Str: 10 +0
Dex: 15 +2
Con: 11 +0
Int: 14 +2
Wis: 16 +3
Cha: 15 +2

HP: 6
AC: 14
Initiative: +2
Max Sanity: 80
Current Sanity: 74

Fort Save: +0
Reflex Save: +4
Will Save: +5

Appraise ----------------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Drive -------------------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Diplomacy ---------------- +3 ----- 1 --- +2
Gather Information -------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Innuendo ----------------- +3 ----- 0 --- +3
Knowledge: Antiques ------ +6 ----- 4 --- +2
Knowledge: Art ----------- +6 ----- 4 --- +2
Knowledge: Local --------- +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Pilot: Motorboat ---------- +4 ----- 2 --- +2
Psychic Focus ------------ +5 ----- 2 --- +3
Speak French ------------ +5 ----- 3 --- +2
Use Rope ---------------- +6 ----- 4 --- +2
Non-Core Skills
Bluff --------------------- +4 ----- 2 --- +2
Sense Motive ------------ +5 ----- 2 --- +3

Feats
Sensitive: You are aware that there is more than meets the eye - an almost imperceptible world of psychic phenomena.
Dowsing: You can sense energy patterns invisible to others. If you feel something unusual, you can attempt a Psychic Focus check (DC 15) to follow a pattern or trail involved. This power can be activated as a free action. It costs 1 sanity point per use, and a succesful use results in 1 temporary wisdom damage.

Next

Return to OOC RP Discussion