A few different ideas. (Chat RP)

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Lord McBastard

A few different ideas. (Chat RP)

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:44 am

Right I was just thinking. Running a game the other day with a party against each other was pretty fun, so I was contemplating doing it again, but in a more long term sense. How long I don't know, but it would be a few sessions, possibly severeral.

Since I've had a major chubby for DnD lately I would be using that system.

Now here's the twists.
1) Your characters would be fairly powerful, level 8 to 12, or possibly higher.
2) Your characters would be evil, but all working for a greater power Ares, Hel, an evil Druid grove, an Epic lich, etc.
3) While your characters are "allies", they are attempting to overshadow their "allies". The competition dying or being otherwise incapacitated works almost as well as appearing better.
4) I will be making your characters.
6) This will be played in a a pick up style. I may just announce in chat I want to run a session and anyone interested will choose a character and off it will take.
5) No one will have a set character, if you want to stick with a character feel free, but if you're not around someone else may play "your" character.

I would like a few thought or reactions to this. If you think it's ass or it's actually a vaguely interesting idea. I would like to see a few people being interested in this, before I take it any further.

So, what's the word? <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Lex: "You know I'm wanging this argument!"</div><div style="text-align:center">Me:" ....did you say wanging...?"</div><div style="text-align:center"> Lex: "WINNING!"</div></p>

JoshuaDurron

Re: A few different ideas. (Chat RP)

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:45 am

I wouldn't mind doing this, actually. I quite enjoyed our session of DnD survivor yesterday/Tuesday. That said, I would also love to see Grond in this. =3 (I should probably make it a point to haul my lazy ass back online sometime when you and Lex are around so we can finish that RP, and see if he actually survives...)

And I have no problem with much character switching, or being evil, or a spontaneous style of GMing. <p>

"Crazy is good." - Luffy, One Piece
</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:20 pm

I don't think I'd have the time, as I have school adn work to attend to, and I'm planning on soon whipping up a d20 Call of Cthulhu campaign which closely mimics B Grade horror movies.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:39 pm

I'd love to, if it took place at a convenient time for me. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:41 pm

I of course, am in. Yay Dnd! It's all fun and stuff....

Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx&nbsp; Image at: 1/29/04 10:22 pm

Return to OOC RP Discussion