Are you a lost boy?

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Blaze Yamato Spirit

Are you a lost boy?

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:03 pm

Okay, so I just went to see Peter Pan. Without letting this turn into a movie review, I'll just say it impressed me enough to push upon me the idea of an RP set in Neverland. Wierd idea, yes? But one I'd be interested in pursuing nonetheless. Who will join me in not growing up? :D

*as yet has no specific idea where he will go with the concept, and wants to guage interests and ideas from others before he puts something together*

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit at: 1/11/04 2:06 pm

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: Are you a lost boy?

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:10 pm

I vote that Jak must be in this RP as Toodles, for his brother plays the part in the movie.

This sounds intersting, and as it would involve pirates I might be interested in joining. Would we all be lost boys or could some be the Native NeverNeverLandians (the indians) or other people?
<p>

I am just too damn British.
</p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:28 pm

I was thinking lost boys and indians as the most likely characters, yes. <p><div style="text-align:center">---
"Ah well. The eternal quest for pleasurable time consumption continues."
~
Who else?</div></p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:36 pm

It should also be noted that I'm not as bothered about accuracy as all that - you could make a lost boy that didn't exist in the story, and there are certainly opportunities to include more fantastic creatures than just faeries and mermaids. <p><div style="text-align:center">---
~
Who else?</div></p>

Raishilliah

Unread postby Raishilliah » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:48 pm

Mermaids are spiffy, though. But so are fairies... I'm torn between those two. Regardless, I'd be up for this and stuff. I might need a bit of information and the like, as I've never watched it. <p>

l33tPenguinePimp: I'm going to try to make a bread bowl.
KnightsofSquare: Good luck.
KnightsofSquare: I can't even make a bread play ping pong.</p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:58 pm

I have not watched it either, but I watched "Hook", if that counts! =P And I like the story and thingamajigs. Thus, I'm up for it!

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:04 pm

Sure, I'd be up for playing a Lost Boy or one of those other fantastical creature-ma-thingies taht show up. <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hello, I'm Troy Mclure! You may remember me from such realms as Hell, and Gaera!"-Shinigori, OOC</span></p>

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:42 pm

id be a fairy <p>

"What would you do with out me Daxter?"
Jak from Jak 2

"Well Jak, I wouldn't be standing two feet tall, covered in fur, walking around a sewer without pants. . .god I miss pants."
Daxter from Jak 2</p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:26 am

The way it's looking I'll take a lost boy. There needs to be at least one in the group!
<p>

</p>

SALSAlys

Lost girl?!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:36 pm

I'd try to set myself up as a 'lost girl'. Kiddo who followed her brother to Never Land, and fits right in, as she is quite a tomboy. =D

...or if that doesn't work, perhaps a lost boy anyways!

Raishilliah

Re: Lost girl?!

Unread postby Raishilliah » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:22 pm

I think, after much consideration, that a mer-girl would be good. ^^ <p>

l33tPenguinePimp: I'm going to try to make a bread bowl.
KnightsofSquare: Good luck.
KnightsofSquare: I can't even make a bread play ping pong.</p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:43 pm

Okay, I'd have to work on the background of such a character with you then, Lys, as it would require her accidentally being the recipient of some faerie dust or something... *plot* <p><div style="text-align:center">---
~
Who else?</div></p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:27 pm

As for a mer-maid, allowance of such a character requires careful consideration on my part, for obvious reasons. <p><div style="text-align:center">---
~
Who else?</div></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:41 pm

I look forward to the plotting. >=D

Raishilliah

*nod*

Unread postby Raishilliah » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:44 pm

Aye, and if that doesn't work out, there could be something to the nature of... I don't know, a faerie or something. *shrugs*

NebulaQueen

Re: *nod*

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:51 pm

Lys: Next time you get online, get ahold of me. I need to talk to you about some stuff for our characters. <p>

"Hello, I'm Troy Mclure! You may remember me from such realms as Hell, and Gaera!"-Shinigori, OOC</span></p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: *nod*

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:13 am

I think I'd most prefer to play a lost boy.

Any more details about the RP Ross? Even if it's a deadline to create characters by.
<p>

LilDragonFluffy: HOW TE FUCK DO YOU FEMININFIZE GUS?!

"The best research [for playing a drunk] is being a British actor for 20 years." - Michael Caine</p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

A little bit of stuff

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:32 pm

The following outline assumes that Peter Pan, and Peter Pan only is canon. Neither Disney’s sequel or Hook fit in with this version of the “timeline”.

Wendy, John, Michael and the Lost Boys left Neverland to grow up with their parents, whom they loved. Peter, however, was not ready to grow up. Perhaps he never will be. He returned to Neverland, where he played all his favourite games.

Peter grew lonely, and occasionally visited Wendy and the others – but he made sure that they never saw him – and continued to listen to her stories, which she never seemed to grow out of telling. But this was not enough, and he was delighted when a new set of Lost Boys began to arrive in Neverland.

Neverland has always been timeless, and nothing, it seems, changes. Not only did the Lost Boys reappear, but so did the pirates. Smee had been the only survivor (not strictly true – the other was doomed to care for the Red Indians’ papooses) and had henceforth wandered about the world in his spectacles, making a precarious living by saying he was the only man that James Hook had feared. He had met a pirate named Pierre – who was French but spoke English so well that only his name betrayed him – who didn’t believe Smee for a second. He did however recognise him by reputation as part of the Jolly Roger’s crew, and “persuaded” Smee to tell him of Neverland. So fascinated did Pierre become that he and his crew travelled to Neverland in their ship Le Requin Rouge, to discover for themselves the land that took Hook’s life.

The Red Indians went on as they always did, though for a while they went unchallenged by pirates.

Kay-oh. Executive decision: No mermaids. Makes an already challenging group of characters that little bit too difficult, I'm afraid. Which leaves lost boys, red indians, and faeries. Gotta say, my preference would be for the first two. Faeries add a whole extra bundle of problems.

So, if youse guys want to work on some character profiles now, that'd be appreciated.
<p><div style="text-align:center">---
~
Who else?</div></p>

NebulaQueen

Re: A little bit of stuff

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:38 pm

Name: Brian Elwood (or, just Brian)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Build: Wiry, scrappish

Brian came to Neverland, hoping for adventure...on his own. However, when the Pixie Dust was sprinkled on him, a little bit of it got onto his little sister, Sarah. While he had every intention to ditch her and go on his own, he had no choice but for her to come along with him. While he's fairly happy in Neverland, he can't help but think that it would be much better if she wasn't around...
<p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:38 pm

My character is the younger sibling of Neb's char. =D

Name: Sarah Elwood

Description: A nine-year-old girl with fair, freckled skin and short, tangled blonde hair, usually with a smudge of dirt across her face and arms. She's not a giant by any means, but she's still a fairly sturdy, strapping young lass. Her eyes are also a lovely pale blue color.

Personality: TOMBOY! And can I say TOMBOY? Slightly resentful and more than slightly determined to prove that she 'fits in' since she knows that it was only by accident that the faerie dust sprinkled on her so that she could go to Neverland. She's quite ready to get into a scrap with anybody, regardless of their size or age, especially if they mock her for being unable to pee standing up (in other words, for being a girl). Impetuous and reckless, she'll often act before she thinks, and despite her constant fights with her brother, she really does love him very much.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:02 pm

Name: James "Trailer" Taylor
Age: 7 (Well that's how old he was when he came to Netherland. He's been there for a while by now)

Physical appearance: Small and thin, with a mess of curly dirty blond hair and blue eyes. Generally wears a just a pair of baggy trousers, choosing to go both shoeless and shirtless. While he does possess a shirt he usually just forgets to put it on.

Personality: A dreamer, airhead, easily distracted, thinker, imaginative, whatever you want to call it this kid day-dreams a lot. He can often be seen just sitting down somewhere, staring off into space, and has even been known to "switch off" mid conversation. He also loves to explore, and has wandered all over NeverLand. He also has a good sense of direction (when he remembers to use it).
<p>

LilDragonFluffy: HOW TE FUCK DO YOU FEMININFIZE GUS?!

"The best research [for playing a drunk] is being a British actor for 20 years." - Michael Caine</p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion