Online DnD campaign.

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
Lord McBastard

Online DnD campaign.

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:24 am

Alright I brought this up in chat but I'd like some serious commitments.

Basically it'll be DnD 3.5. Based on the continent of Entheral. Aproximatly 100 years ago the continent was united under the Pantheon of Olympus. While there were still problems such as the Wild Lands of the north, the Theives Guilds in the cities, etc. The land was all in all peaceful.

This lasted 50 years, until the invaders came. In great long ships they raided up and down the west coast of Entheral. Trade, shipping, and life in general became impossible along the coast. The second wave pushed into Entheral and with them came the priests and clerics of a foreign Pantheon. With the teachings of Asgard thousands were converted to the worship of Asgard.

Eventually a revolt began, Olympus couldn't seem to stop the expanding Asgard armies or their leader, an unstoppable hammer wielding man named Grim. Cities welcomed the conquering forces of Asgard with open arms. Temples and shrines sprang up over night and the power of Olympus waned.

Then Olympus brought its might to bear. Myrmidons marched from the Mountain of the Gods and cut a deadly swathe through the ranks of Asgards armies. Hercules and Grim clashed in a titanic confontration of two gods of battle, though in the end they discovered they were each others equal.

The wars raged for thirty years with both sides being brought to the brink of defeat many times. Finnaly Zeus came down from his mountain and battled the All Father face to face. While the battle of Thor and Hercules was titanic, it was a mere curtain puller compared to the cataclysmic battle that the two Storm Gods waged.

After the smoke cleared, neither God had won. As the battle of their sons had proved the two gods were equal. A truce was declared and the two gods combined their powers to crack Entheral in two pieces. New Asgard claimed the western half and Olympia the eastern. A truce of a hundred years was signed by both Pantheons, which, at the conclusion, the war would start again, to the finish.

The setting is twenty years later, the threat of war is still in peoples minds, but it is far off. Anti-Asgard sentiment is rampant through all Olympian controlled cities and vice versa. The Wild Lands have become much more dangerous as the Savage Elves that originally came with the Asgardians have fallen in with the Orcs and rumour has it they are practicing grisly rituals of self mutilation. The borders of New Asgard and Olympia has decreased since the splitting of the continent as neither had the proper forces to hold them.

Outside New Asgard and Olympia religious sentiment is mixed, a store owner may not care that you're wearing a hammer amulet around your neck, he may ask you what god you follow and your answer will provoke different reactions. Other races generally worship single gods rather than Pantheons, though ones born in cities generally do worship Pantheons. The Savage races generally worship preversions of single deities, though it is not unheard of for a tribe of Ogres to pray to shrines of Ares and Thor.

Many of the people of New Asgard fear that the comming war will result in Ragnarok, the very thing that destroying the Olympus is supposed to prevent.

Game Related:

I will be using primarily things from the Players Hand Book 3.5, 3rd edition is fine too. PHB races and classes for now. With the exception of the Savage Elves which I will state bellow. A few differences with certain Clerics and priestly people in general. The only two Pantheons/Gods that can be worshipped are Asgard and Olympian, and the party should probably all be following the same pantheon.

Savage Elves: As standard elves with the following changes.
+1 to Strength.
+1 to Dex.
-2 to Intelligence.
-1 to Charisma.
In addition to their normal Racial Skill bonuses, +2 to Move Silently checks.
Proficient with hand, battle, and throwing axes.
Proficient with all spears.
Speak: Common, Elven, and Orcish.
Favoured Class: Ranger.

Clerics and Paladins:
-The opposing Pantheon will be viewed as "evil" by any spells and abilities that relate to it (Examples: Smite Evil, Detect evil)
-May not use Spontaneous Casting or Lay on Hands to heal servants or minions of the opposing Pantheon.
-May turn servants of the opposing Pantheon as if you were three levels lower, but you may not destroy them this way.
-May turn minions of the opposing Pantheon as if you were three levels lower and you may destroy them this way.

Servant: Cleric, Paladin, or Priest of a God. Generally those granted some kind of power by a deity.
Minion: A creation or extention of a deity. For example: Valkyries or Myrmidons.

Clerics of Thor and Ares:
-May not turn or rebuke undead.
-Rage exactly like that of a Barbarian at level 1.
-Gain an additional Rage at level 5, 10, and 13.
-May use Domain granted spells when Raged.
-Gains Greater Rage at level 18.
-May not use Rage when wearing Heavy armour.

Critical Hits: When rolling to determine if an attack is a critical hit, if your roll is within your weapons critical range, roll to hit a third time. If you successfully hit a third time do normal critical damage, but you target takes subdual damage equal to its remaining HP. I hope that made sense.

Death: Instead of being killed when you are brought to -10 HP or more, you are slain when reduced to -10 minus your Constitution modifier. But only if it is positive. For example a PC with 18 Con, would have to be reduced below -14 hp to be killed, but a PC with a Con of 6 would still need to be reduced below -10 hp not -8.

----------------

Anyways, who is interested? I would like to do this in chat, starting with level 1 characters. As well I don't want a party of more than five for the time being. I will be accepting people based off of availability and characters.

So please state your availability, character concept, and any questions you may have. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Lex: "You know I'm wanging this argument!"</div><div style="text-align:center">Me:" ....did you say wanging...?"</div><div style="text-align:center"> Lex: "WINNING!"</div></p>Edited by: Lord McBastard&nbsp; Image at: 1/11/04 3:06 pm

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Re: Online DnD campaign.

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:37 am

I am interested. My character would be a monk, equating nearly in modern terms to a judo-ka. He specializes in turning people's own weights against them, and utilizes trips and throws more than kicks and punches. A firm believer in nonviolence, he fights only to incapacitate temporarily, never to kill.

My availability is pretty much limited to 5pm to about 11pm EST on Saturdays, Sundays, and (probably) Mondays. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=priamnevhausten>PriamNevhausten</A] at: 1/11/04 9:06 am

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:30 am

I'm interested. Like I said in chat, my concept is a sorcerer who worships Loki, who I will flesh out during RPs. I am mainly available after the 14th on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 2 to 5 PM CST. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:29 am

So, I'm thinkin that were I to participate, my character would be a human cleric of Artemis, who had gone out to the Wild Lands to try to rally some of the people there to the Olympian cause, and out of necessity in order to survive, found himself becoming more and more similar to the barbarians he found there. I figure I'd start him off as a cleric and give him a level towards being a barbarian the first levelup, and just alternate between those to get the desired "barbarian cleric" effect.

edit: Best times for me would be Friday or Saturday evenings. <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td>

I don't know what the hell this thing is, but the chicks dig it.

</td></table></center></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 1/11/04 3:34 am

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:00 am

I'm liking the sound of this. You could count me in. I'd likely go for a fighter character. I don't plan on fleshing the character out right away, but he'd be cool.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:12 am

As I said in chat, I definetely want in this as a half-elf fighter who worships Ares. We all need to get together and roll for character creation, methinks.

My availability is all of Saturday and Sunday nights (but I usually get off from sheer exhaustion around 1:30 at the latest) and, theoretically speaking, weeknights from about 9 to about 11. I may get on a little later on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and if I have enough homework I can't RP on those days at all. <p>"Especially when you put them up to your eyes and said, 'Look at me, I have chocobo testicles for eyes!'"
-Nezetta (Shinigori)</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/11/04 11:14 am

White Charisma

Unread postby White Charisma » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:23 am

I'll swing for it. Since we really don't have much in the way of which side you want us to be on character concept is rather difficult to just come up with. Which side of this conflict the party is going to wind up on dictates quite a bit in terms of what a person can do with backstory and concept.

Anywho, I'd play as a human rogue (all about the skills baby) and possibly multiclass into fighter.

A note about your race: 3e and 3.5 don't like +1 to stats since this isn't a full step increase. Everything you'll ever see for it is in incerments of 2 (which as stated is a full step increse on the modifier).

Availability: Weekdays: between 11ish and 7. Saturday: Whenever Sunday: 11ish to 2 or 3

- Blackwind. <p>'The internet has no wang!' - Chaos Ironskull.</p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:12 pm

<span style="font-family:courier; color:fuchsia;font-size:medium;">I'm SO in. Cleric yay! To be posted later. ^_~</span> <p><div style="text-align:center">
<div style="text-align:center">Lex: "You know I'm wanging this argument!"</div><div style="text-align:center">Me:" ....did you say wanging...?"</div><div style="text-align:center"> Lex: "WINNING!"</div></p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:26 pm

People need to post availability and timezones.

As well, added a couple of house rules to the original post. <p><div style="text-align:center">
<div style="text-align:center">Lex: "You know I'm wanging this argument!"</div><div style="text-align:center">Me:" ....did you say wanging...?"</div><div style="text-align:center"> Lex: "WINNING!"</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:40 pm

Availability is posted above, timezone is Alaskan. Also, for ease of other folks character concepts, mine can go with Frey instead of Artemis, should the party end up being Asgardian. <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td>

</td></table></center></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:35 pm

My potential character's alignment as far as pantheons go is pretty fluid as well. In fact, he might be strictly neutral as far as such things go, neither being Olympian nor Asgardian in faith. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:51 pm

-EDIT-

I'm interested. My character would most likely be a [s]Elven[/s] Human Ranger, perhaps not a direct worshiper of the Asgard Pantheon (since that apperas to be where everyone is headed) but someone who is rather fascinated with the Valkyrie, as ferrymen (or ferrywomen in this case) of the dead. He'd probably be something along the lines of True Neutral or Chaotic Neutral, due to his fascination with death/lack of other opinions.

I'm available around 9 PM (EST) most Weekends. <p>

Things you learn from working at Burger King-

- "Bum Rush" refers to when the bar next door closes.
- A raw egg will explode if microwaved.
- The local Police Department considers 'Dire need of a Chocolate Shake' an emergency situation.
- Yes, the grease in the frier is hot.
- Always believe a manager when they tell you the grease is hot.
- Do not use your hand to see if the grease in the frier is hot.
- Do not curse in front of customers.</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 1/12/04 5:45 pm

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:14 pm

Mine could totally worship Thor should it be required. <p>"Especially when you put them up to your eyes and said, 'Look at me, I have chocobo testicles for eyes!'"
-Nezetta (Shinigori)</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:20 pm

Timezone: MST
Availability: As things seem to be standing now ... Tuesdays and Thursdays as well as weekends. Anytime for either of those, generally.
Character: Yup. Still undecided. I'll fit something into the framework that develops. I'm good for anything.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:10 am

Awesome, that's 8 people, out of the 5 that LMB is shooting for.

We only need -3 more! <p>"Especially when you put them up to your eyes and said, 'Look at me, I have chocobo testicles for eyes!'"
-Nezetta (Shinigori)</p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:10 pm

I haven't choosen who I'll accept yet, and I'll be closing this pretty soon, like in a few hours.

So anyone else who wants in post soon. <p><div style="text-align:center">

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:12 pm

Sunday evening might be possible, might not be, depending on your definition of "evening". Starting in a week or two, I'll have stuff happening from 5:30pm onward my time, not sure what time that is for you.

So yeah. That could work, though Friday or Saturday evenings are still far more preferable.

edit: "A Catbus" for my current SN, and 5:30 EST like Priam says would be awesome, and give me an even four hours. <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td>

</td></table></center></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 1/13/04 12:00 am

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:31 pm

Current sn of choice is "OMG Priam," and my email is adamt@woh.rr.com -- and Sunday evening is great for me, starting at about 5:30pm EST this week. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=priamnevhausten>PriamNevhausten</A] at: 1/12/04 11:54 pm

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:40 pm

Alright by the looks of things:
Zem: Your availability isn't that good, sorry.
Spleen: Availability and the presence of parents sorta screw things up, again sorry.

FD, Priam, Josh, Luj, Alexis, and Doc: You're all in. How does Sunday evening sound?

If everyone could post there SN's, just because my current account has four people on it. I'll be contacting people whenever I see them to do some Character Creation. <p><div style="text-align:center">

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:11 am

This Sunday's looking pretty open, from like...3:00pm Mountain time onwards.

I think I'll play a paladin of whichever god of Justice belongs to the pantheon of the side we're on.

edit: Turns out it's the Viking's side.

Name: Gierold Wybjornson
Race: Human

STR: 13 +1
DEX: 15 +2
CON: 13 +1
INT: 11 +0
WIS: 12 +1
CHA: 16 +3

Eye Colour: Green
Hair Colour: Blond
Skin colour: Lightly tanned
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 185 lbs -muscular

Class: Paladin of Tyr
Alignment: Lawful Good
Level: 1
XP: 0

HP: 11
AC: 16 (18 with shield)
Initiative: +2

SAVING THROWS
Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +5
Will: +4

BASE ATTACK: +1
Melee: +2
Ranged: +3

Base Speed: 30 ft (20 in armour)

WEAPONS:
Longsword (medium sized)
Damage: 1d8
Crit: 19-29/x2
Weight: 4lbs
Type: Slashing

Light Mace (small sized)
Damage: 1d6
Crit: x2
Weight: 6lbs
Type: Bludgeoning

Short Sword (small)
Crit: 19-20/x2
Weight: 3lb
Type: Piercing

Throwing Axe (small) (2)
Crit: x2
Range Increment: 10ft

ARMOUR:
Scale Mail (medium)
AC: +4
Max DEX bonus: +3
AC Check: -4
Speed: 20 ft
Weight 30lbs

Shield, large, wooden
AC: +2
AC Check: -2
Weight: 10lbs

SPECIAL ABILITIES/FEATS:
Detect Evil - At will
Lay on Hands - 3HP/level
Divine Health: Immune to diseases (normal and magical)
Turn Undead - 6 times/day (turn as cleric of level-2)
Ambidexterity - Feat
Two Weapon Fighting - Feat

SKILLS:
Intimidate: 2(rank) +3(CHA)
Handle Animal: 2(rank) +3(CHA)
Ride: 3(rank) +1(DEX)
Spot: 1(rank) +1(WIS)
Craft(weaponsmithing): 1(rank)

EQUIPMENT:
Carrying Capacity: 50 51-100 101-150
Money: 0.34.3.7
Traveller's Outfit 5lbs
Backpack 2lb
Bedroll 5lbs
Winter Blanket 3lbs
Bullseye Lantern 3lbs
2 pints of Oil 2lbs
2 days Trail Rations 2lbs
Waterskin 4lb
Flint and Steel
Wooden Holy Symbol (sword necklace)
3 pieces of Chalk
Signal Whistle
Acid (flask) 1lb

Total Weight: 83lbs
Medium Load
Max DEX: +3
AC Check: -3
Run x4

BACKGROUND:
Born in a scouting outpost at the foot of the mountains (which a few years later was big enough to be a village) three years after the cracking of Entheral, Gierold was the first born of three sons. His father, a weaponsmith, tried to teach him the family trade, something which Gierold was eager to learn, as well as how to use the weapons he created. Unfortunately, being the small village that it was, he was more often than not at the stables, helping tend to the horses.

One night, the village was hit by thieves, who had managed to slip by the town guard, sneaking into homes and removing them of their valuables. Gierold's wife, Erika, suffering from a bout of insomnia, heard them enter their house from her seat in front of the fire. She cried out, waking Gierold, and was quickly silenced as a well aimed knife entered her throat.

Hearing her cry, Gierold rushed from his bed, grabbed a shortsword off the wall as he left his bedroom, and confronted the intruders. Startled by his intrusion, one of the thieves jumped him, and took the full length of Gierold's sword into his gut. The other took a deep gash to the arm before deciding he'd better flee. After making sure there were no more of them, Gierold turned to Erika, who was dead where she lay, having choked and suffocated on her own blood, the knife still in her throat.

As he mourned her death, his thoughts turned not to revenge on the rogues, but instead that they could be brought to justice, to stop them from harming anyone else. After all, death of the other man wouldn't bring his wife back, but his apprehension would mean no one else would have to die. One night, in perhaps a dream, or a vision, he was visited by Tyr himself, god of Justice. As is the case with many dreams, Gierold couldn't remember most of what was said to him, but the next morning he had a sense of purpose, and he knew he had been chosen to bring men like those responsible for his wife's death to justice.

He wasted no time, selling most of his things and arming himself from his father's shop, he set off into the world to find others with a mind like his. Or at least, ones who would be able to help him on his quest in some way....

Personality: Generally, Gierold is an easygoing person, at least until he has cause to show hostility. Most people never realise this, though, because his approachability is masked by his steadfast devotion to his duty as a paladin (despite being inexperienced), as well as his sadness over the recent loss of his wife. Once he gets to know someone, though, he relaxes considerably, showing more of his sense of humour and the side of him that takes time to enjoy himself -- provided his services aren't required, of course.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ekds5k>EKDS5k</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/18/04 7:27 pm

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:18 am

*ahem* It's called New Asgard.

I could have messaged that too you in AIM, but....I felt I should mock you more publicly, idiot.

-Additional-

I drew up a Lord McBastard&nbsp; Image at: 1/13/04 7:40 am
[/i]

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:29 am

0_0;; Most people are suggesting 'afternoon' times, which would not work very well for me, I'm afraid. I won't be off of work until the evenings, around 7 PM. The exception is Friday, when I might be around earlier. Sorry if the availability screws things up, feel free to drop me if it doesn't work out. <p>

- The local Police Department considers 'Dire need of a Chocolate Shake' an emergency situation.
- Do not curse in front of customers.</p>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:34 pm

Name: Shrike Darren

DEX: 15 +2
CON: 12 +1
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 14 +1
CHA: 9 -1

Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Dirt Red
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 157 lbs - Wiry

Class: Ranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

HP: 11
AC: 15
Initiative: +2

SAVING THROWS
Fortitude: +3
Reflex: +2
Will: +2

Melee: +3
Ranged: +3

Base Speed: 30ft

WEAPONS:
Longsword (medium sized)
Total Modifier: +4
Damage: 1d8+1

Short Sword(small sized)
Total Modifier: +4
Weight: 3lbs

Longbow(large)
Total Modifier: +3
Damage: 1d8+1
Crit: 20/x3
Range: 100ft
Weight: 3lbs

ARMOR:
Studded Leather Armor(medium)
AC: +3
Max DEX bonus: +5
AC Check: -1
Speed: 30 ft
Weight 20lbs

ABILITIES/FEATS:
Track
1st Favored Enemy - Elves
Lt Armor Proficiency
Med Armor Proficiency
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Advanced Weapon Proficiency
Martial Weapon Proficiency
Longsword Focus
Shortsword Focus
(Ambidexterity and Two Handed Fighting when wearing No or Light armor.)

SKILLS:
Animal Empathy(Cha) 0 (-1(Stat)+1(Rank))
Concentration(Con) 2 (+1(Stat)+1(Rank))
Handle Animal(Cha) 0 (-1(Stat)+1(Rank))
Heal(Wis) 4 (+1(Stat)+3(Rank))
Hide(Dex) 3 (+2(Stat)+2(Rank)-1(Armor Penalty))
Intuit Direction (Wis) 3 (+1(Stat)+2(Rank))
Jump (Str) 3 (+2(Stat)+2(Rank)-1(Armor Penalty)
Listen(Wis) 2 (+1(Stat)+1(Rank))
Move Silently(Dex) 3 (+(2Stat)+2(Rank)-1(Armor Penalty))
Ride(Dex) 3 (+2(Stat)+1(Rank))
Spot(Wis) 3 (+2(Stat)+1(Rank))
Swim(Str) -7 (+2(Stat)+2(Rank)-11(Weight Penalty))
Wilderness Lore(Wis) 4 (+2(Stat)+2(Rank))

EQUIPMENT:
Carrying Capacity: 58 59-116 117-175
Travelers Outfit 5lbs
Bedroll 5lbs
Torches x3 3lbs
3 days trail rations 3lbs
Water Skin 4lbs
Tinder and Flint
Crowbar 5lbs
Backpack 2lbs
Longsword 3lbs
Shortsword 3lbs
Longbow 4lbs
Quiver of Arrows (20) 3lbs
Studded Leather Armor 20lbs

Total Weight: 56lbs
Light Load

BACKGROUND:
Shrike was raised in the disputed territory between the territories held by the two pantheons, spending his life after the schism of the world beset by the fear of attack by savage elves, and other hostile creatures, which came to the fore after the continent was split. When he was 12, he began his ranger training.

Like most rangers, Shrike was taught by a mentor, whom he respected very much. Under this man's tutelage, he became an effective huntsman and fighter, specializing, like his master, in battling the savage elves.

When he was 17, his master was killed in an encounter with an Owlbear, and at the same time Shrike was given a deep wound across his face and upper chest. Ever since then, he has harbored a deep, unnatural fear of the creatures. (In gameplay terms, he must make a will save with a DC of 16 to act when an Owlbear is present.)

Shrike's master was slain, but the owlbear he encountered also died that day, bleeding to death from its wounds only minutes after Shrike's master fell. Shrike took its skin and preserved it, turning it into the armor he wears today. He places extraordinary value on said armor, and will likely not exchange it for another suit, unless he finds something truly extrodinary, or something of equal sentimental value.

When Shrike's master died, Shrike says he heard a voice saying, "Come with me, brave warrior. Come to Valhala." And, as he tells the story, he saw a glimmering maiden descend and lift his master's soul into her arms, and carry it away into the sky. Now Shrike was suffering from a lot of pain and blood loss himself, and his own testimony is open to suspicioun. But he also had never heard of Valkyrie, the so-called Battle Maiden who conveyed worthy souls to Valhala (and damned unworthy ones to Niefleheim,) so that, at least, is something in favor of his story being true.

Regardless, when he did learn of the nature of what he had seen that day, he pledge his allegience to the forces of New Asgard, as a Valkyrie's Servent, and has continued to work for the good of New Asgard ever since.

PERSONALITY:
Cool and aloof, more suited to the woods than a city, and given to ignoring whatever he is told, unless it is the goal of a mission. He tries to play the lady's man, but his scar is a serrious detractor, and that often works against him. <p>

- Do not curse in front of customers.</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 1/13/04 9:57 pm

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:51 pm

Name: Gif Hlidiskramblik
Race: Dwarf

DEX: 10
CON: 14 +1
INT: 9 -1
WIS: 3 -4
CHA: 9 -1

Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Greasy brown
Skin colour: Earthy complexion, appears constantly dirty.
Height: 4'4"
Weight: 180 lbs - doughy

Class: Fighter
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

HP: 12
AC: 15 (17 with shield)
Initiative: -

SAVING THROWS
Fortitude: +4 (+6 vs. poison)
Reflex:
Will: -4

Melee: +2
Ranged: +1

Base Speed: 20 feet (15 ft w/ chain & encumberance)

WEAPONS:
Pick, heavy
Crit: x4
Weight: 6 lb

ARMOUR:
Chain Mail (medium)
AC: +5
Max DEX bonus: +2
AC Check: -5
Weight 40lbs

Shield, large, wooden
AC Check: -2
Weight: 10lbs

SPECIAL ABILITIES/FEATS:
Weapon Focus - Heavy pick
Endurance -

SKILLS:
Craft(stonemason): 2(rank) -1 Int
Climb: 2(rank) +2 Str

EQUIPMENT:
Carrying Capacity: 50 51-100 101-150
Money: 0.0.3.0
Traveller's Outfit 5lbs
Sack 2lb
Bedroll 5lbs
Sledge 10lbs
Spade 8lbs
1 days Trail Rations 1lbs
Waterskin 4lb

Total Weight: 84.5lbs
Medium Load
Max DEX: +3
AC Check: -3
Run x4

BACKGROUND: Gif's entrance into the world was a difficult one. Like every other race, Dwarves are susceptible to complications during birth, and many Dwarven midwives attribute his stunning stupidity to the complications during Gif's birth. Most other Dwarves however would rather say that Gif himself was just too stupid to be easily born, and in all likelihood he probably would have stayed in the womb had he not been dragged out. Stinging gossip aside, Gif is a very simple Dwarf. It's not like he's stupid, well ... not blindingly stupid, but he is very slow to catch on to the subtleties of communication.

As a child, Gif was commonly the target of fiendishly simple pranks which he always fell for. For example, at least twice he was tricked into shaving his beard. His parents, realizing that the intellectual trades would be lost on poor Gif, decided to start training him in something more akin to his natural talents. And so it was, because many comments were made on how his head was full of rocks, Gif was trained in masonry. The theory being that even if he couldn't cut the stone well, at least he could haul it.

After many years of the simple life, stories filtered through Gif's small underground community of adventurers and treasure to be had. Thinking that wandering the surface, checking out caves, and hauling away treasure to be a simple task, Gif emptied his coin sock and decked himself out in what he believed to be proper adventuring gear.

PERSONALITY: Simple. Straight forward. Direct to the point. Unassuming.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 1/15/04 12:00 am

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:21 pm

Dear Priam, FD, and Lex,
I need your characte sheets asap as I will be starting this <s>monday</s> sunday. Time to be posted soon.

<p><div style="text-align:center">
<div style="text-align:center">Lex: "You know I'm wanging this argument!"</div><div style="text-align:center">Me:" ....did you say wanging...?"</div><div style="text-align:center"> Lex: "WINNING!"</div></p>Edited by: Lord McBastard&nbsp; Image at: 1/16/04 12:19 am

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:40 am

Name: Mjoksiglandi Inn-Hvassason

STR        16
DEX        14
CON        14
INT        13
WIS        14
CHA        12

HP 10/10
Exp 150/1000
Level: Monk1
Alignment: LG

$7
AC 14

Initiative bonus +2
ATK bonus: 3(0)
        Fort: 4(2)
        Ref: 4(2)
        Will: 4(2)

Feats
Stunning Fist (DC 12+(L/2), Fort)
Evasion
Improved Unarmed Strike (1d6)
Expertise
Improved Trip

Skills
Concentration(CON) 5(3)
Balance(DEX) 6(4)
Hide(DEX) 5(3)
Listen(WIS) 4(2)
Move Silently(DEX) 3(1)
Tumble (DEX) 5(3)
Sense Motive(X)(WIS) 4(2)

Equipment
Backpack
waterskin
quarterstaff
rations
3 torches
Holy Symbol

Backstory
Mjoksiglandi was orphaned at a very early age, and was taken in by monks of a Tyrian sect. They raised him, and educated him to the world's ways, the ways of the gods, the legend of The Great War, and of course the practices of their order. He took quite well to the teachings, and seemed to understand more than most children do or could. It was as though he was meant to be in that monastery.

In this way, Mjoksiglandi learned the methods of defending oneself and others without weapons, and without killing, for the teaching say Tyr abhors death where it can be avoided. Mjoksiglandi, however, takes this a step further, and refuses to consciously kill anything, preferring instead to stun, imprison, or incapacitate. Justice must still be served, after all.

Recently, he left the monastery on a journey to see more of the world from a first-person perspective, as there are only so many things one can learn within the cloisters. He aims to eventually reach the lands of the Olympians, to try and understand the culture, and the reason for the war. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=priamnevhausten>PriamNevhausten</A] at: 1/19/04 12:13 pm

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:51 pm

Name: Eldrid Gardasdottir
Race: Halfling

STR: 10 (0)
DEX: 17 (+3)
CON: 9 (-1)
INT: 15 (+2)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 12 (+1)

Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black, Curly
Skin color: Somewhat ruddy skinned
Height: 3’2
Weight: 36

Class: Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
XP: 0/1000

HP: 5
AC: 16
Initiative: 6

SAVING THROWS
Fortitude: +1
Reflex: +3
Will: +1
+2 against fear

BASE ATTACK: 0
Melee: +1
Ranged: +5

Base Speed: 20 feet

WEAPONS:
Short Sword
Damage: 1d4
Weight: 1lb
Type: Piercing, light

Light Crossbow
Weight: 2lb
Range: 80ft
Type: piercing

Dagger
Damage: 1d3
Weight: ½ lb
Range: 10ft (thrown)
Type: piercing
+1 to throw

ARMOUR:
Leather Armor
Weight 7lbs

SPECIAL ABILITIES/FEATS:
Sneak Attack+1d6
Trapfinding
Improved Initiative

SKILLS:
Appraise: 6 (4rank+int)
Balance: 7 (4rank+dex)
Bluff: 5 (4rank+cha)
Climb: 6 (4rank+str+2)
Disable Device: 6 (4rank+int)
Escape Artist: 7 (4rank+dex)
Hide: 11 (4rank+dex+4)
Move Silently: 9 (4rank+dex+2)
Open Lock: 7 (4rank+dex)
Pick Pocket: 7 (4rank+dex)

EQUIPMENT:
Carrying Capacity: Not A whole damn lot.
Money: 0.0.8.0
Backpack
Waterskin
Day’s Ration 1x
Bedroll
Sack
Flint & Steel
Thieves tools
Hooded Lantern
Oil Pint 3x
Crossbow Bolts (10)

BACKGROUND:
She was born and raised in the city amongst a small community of Halflings, her family owns and operates a small bar, with some shady gambling and betting happening often in the cellars. Eldrid has always had an insatiable curiosity, so spending her life catering to drunkards, just didn’t fit. However lifting them of their wallets and being everywhere she’s not to be, appealed very much. Having little to do with any guild, she is a self taught thief and con artist. She has a love of cards, and is fascinated with jewelry, which will go missing if around the young Halfling for too long.

After a few nasty gambling debts suddenly appeared, Eldrid found that a constant life of moving about was in order, and quickly left her comfortable life in the city. She is now content to cause trouble from place to place.

PERSONALITY:
Eldrid is talkative and seemingly good natured. She can be somewhat lazy when there is no obvious gain to be found, or no challenge she finds interesting. She prefers company around, but often disappears for lengths of time to tend to whatever shady business she has planned. She is also HORRIBLE with budgeting money, and whatever amount she earns is quickly lost to cards or whatever magical device or trinket she can lay hands on. Or a good meal. Whichever is closest really.

Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx&nbsp; Image at: 1/18/04 5:02 pm

LMB

blah

Unread postby LMB » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:29 pm

I'm not sure about today, I'm currently stuck at an engagement.

I'll see if I can get home at a reasonable hour, but I'm not sure.

EKDS5k

Re: blah

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:32 pm

I fouy do run it today, like I said you'll have to BS me out of it, cause I work, and I won't be home until around 10:30pm, Mountain time (the superior zone).

Return to OOC RP Discussion