The Keeper Elections

RP-related discussion otherwise not covered in the Character Closet.
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

The Keeper Elections

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:19 pm

Well, I never thought I'd be dopey enough to do something like the Arpie Awards again, but here I am.

I figure, if Doma's going to be democratic, we might as well go whole hog. SO, we're having real elections for Keeper. [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/9/03 8:02 pm
[/i]

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: The Keeper Elections

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:49 pm

Can I assume candidacy is restricted to Doman citizens?

Edit: Also, does one have to be a citizen of a specific protectorate to run for Keeper of that protectorate? <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=idran1701>Idran1701</A] at: 11/9/03 7:50 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:50 pm

Yes and yes. <p>--------------------
"Spock, the women on your planet are logical. It's the only planet that can make that claim." -Captain Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius"

"Oh boy! Sleep! That's where I'm a viking!" - Ralph Wiggum

"I will try your burned, replicated birdmeat." -Commander Kurn</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:12 pm

Well, I find it difficult to believe that Daniel Hyral won't carry the vote for Hyraldor by popular acclamation - whether he wants to run or not.

On another note, Kelne will be nominated for Yamaedor by the minions, who stand for a campaign of irrigation canals, roadbuilding, engineering, and anything that involves digging. Should they be consulted on what Kelne himself stands for, it will emerge that he stands for making the life of anyone who so much as considers annoying him (and, by extension, disrupting the peace of Yamaedor) a living hell.

Thus far, Kelne himself has not been available for comment. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:21 pm

Mri'jal will be nominated for Keeper of Domador by the DBM. His campaign will be run from the bars and shops the DBM is connected with, and all people who answer to that organization will, of course, vote for him. His platform will be based on economic freedom and lower taxes (something most all politicians push for.) He'll say he will work for 'more wealth in the hands of the people.' <p>

"Strenghten your lyre and sing
The hymn of death
The sky opens to us
They fly to the ray"

-Cante per me, Kajiura Yuki</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:45 am

Intemera has decided to throw her leather helmet into the ring and run for the Keeper of Kohldor. Her platform includes public works improvement and increased military spending.

EDIT: Never mind the second part. But Intemera is still running for Kohldor. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>Edited by: Zemyla&nbsp; Image at: 11/12/03 2:50 pm

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:37 am

And now a responce from Mr Hyral:

"Dear King Charles, and People of Doma,

I'm honored that you think highly enough of me to nominate me for the position of Keeper ,for our fair country.

...however, I'm sorry to say I cannot accept.

My calling in life has always been to help those in need. Not just here in Doma, but anywhere in Igalia or the world where my talents may be of help. Were I to take this position, I could not continue to do so, and I would be doing Doma, My Family, and myself a great disservice.

If the King will still have me, I am still proud to be a Knight of this land. You can always count on me to put my very life on the line to protect these lands, as we all have during this time of darkness. Good luck to those who feel they can best represent Doma. We will all be counting on you to give the people their voice, to guide our nation into the future.

Sincerely,
Daniel Richard Hyral

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:21 am

See? He's perfect for the job. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:50 am

Dear Kelne:

I believe you may want to take notice that Dave may or may not have his own OOC opinion about whether or not he would like Daniel Hyral in a position in the Senate, as a Keeper, what have you. Please refrain from doing anything further without OOC consultaiton via IM.

With Concern and Restraint,
Jason <p>_______________

Jeridan: Holder of the "Tastes like Chicken" Award.</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:59 am

Sorry. Probably should have made the joking nature of the second post clearer. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:19 am

Shini has directed me back to this thread again.

ALRIGHT.

1.) Yes, I fucked up and must admit as much. I appologize to Kelne. No, I'm not editting the post, that would be a cowardly attempt to prevent further IM flaming.
2.) No, I do not have a farking sense of humor. Have you SEEN the jokes I make in chat? C'mon! <p>_______________

Jeridan: Holder of the "Tastes like Chicken" Award.</p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:25 am

Lord McBastard will be running in the Domador protectorate, on the "Or Else" platform.

Not that your average citizen will recognize him, which he's counting on. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:44 pm

Scary.

Anyhoo, still need runners for Yamaedor, Ridhondor, etc. <p>--------------------
"Spock, the women on your planet are logical. It's the only planet that can make that claim." -Captain Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:42 pm

OK, let's see...

Domador:

Mri'jal (JoshuaDurron)
Lord McBastard
Enlil Purvis (Uncle Pervy)

Yamaedor:

Kelne

Uh, maybe I should have this topic stickied... >.> <p>--------------------

"I will try your burned, replicated birdmeat." -Commander Kurn</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/12/03 4:08 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:05 pm

Given the insistance of several others, Enlil shall be running for Keepr of Domador.

Her platform is dedicated to rebuilding and make Doma safe again, and to focus on education for all. She also promises to use the newly formed Beldad Gate to help being new prosperity via trade with Argovia, and to do all she can to usher in good relations with the new 'neighbors'. <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:14 pm

Another sticky topic =/= good.

Also, you don't really need to have player characters running all these places. Most players aren't designed to be politicians, after all, and it'd be kind of nice to have some random NPC running at least one of the protectorates or whatever they're called now, if only so that people can run RPs where the players or antagonists or whatever are employed by someone in a high place without actually having to go talk to some other person about it.

Wow, that was quite the run-on sentence. <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>Edited by: FlamingDeth at: 11/12/03 5:14 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:33 pm

OK, then. Send in NPCs for running, and set them to default come inauguration time.

Let's at LEAST get 2 per protectorate... <p>--------------------

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:39 pm

Since we're bringing in NPCs into this....

Dylan Karadie, the 43-year old former mayor of Smiildale, will be running for Keeper of the protectorate of Smiildor.

His platform is dedicated simply to the safety and "balanced prosperity" of the people. If asked for anything on the first, Dylan is not going to comment, but if questioned on "balanced prosperity", he will simply state that it means distributing more taxes to the rich and lowering taxes on the poor.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:37 pm

Name: Sir Karl Leithan
Position: Mayor of Caen
Information: Running for Hyraldor after getting rid of a rebellion and slowly setting Caen back on its right tracks, Leithan plans to enhance trade and relations with the comparatively ignored Kalshana. He states that increasing the trade with this country would simultaneously raise the quality of life of Domans, and increase the fundings of the Doman coffers.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:43 pm

*bump* >.> <p>--------------------

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:05 pm

The elections for Enchudor have developed into a three way race between the following people:

Finalio Castre, a resident of Enchufa itself, is an advocate of industry, improving the fortunes of Enchudor's people by profits made from expanding the industries of Enchufa throughout the province. There doesn't really seem to be much support for this, and Finalio's foreign policy is rather weak, leaving him as the underdog.

Kisone Serith, a white mage from the town of Bresford, has emerged as an advocate of a larger, better organised standing army, believing that the present one had failed to protect the people of Doma. Enchudor should be ready to stand alone should such a war occur again, he believes.

Jilana Res, also from Bresford, is perhaps the most charismatic of the three, and certainly enjoys the widest support. She advocates improved ties with Doma's neighbours, an increase in the trade between nations, and an improvement to Enchudor's infrastructure. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:24 pm

Still need one for Hyraldor, Yamaedor, and Smiildor. Still need SOMEONE for Kohlidor. <p>--------------------

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:58 pm

Like I said before, Intemera is running for Keeper of Kohldor. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Return to OOC RP Discussion